PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Setting Equivilants

Rasman
2010-08-27, 04:56 PM
I'm working on the background story of a character I'm playing in a friend's campaign and the setting is in Grayhawk, but I'm taking the Greensinger Initiate feat at level 1. Looking at the Greensingers it says that they primarily only dwell in the Twilight Demesne or Thelanis, which are Ebberon specific. What would be their next closest equivalent to either or both in a Grayhawk setting?

Greenish
2010-08-27, 06:03 PM
Any place where the fey hang out. Thelanis is the plane of faeries, and Twilight Demesne is a large, stable manifest zone of Thelanis.

Rasman
2010-08-27, 06:24 PM
Any place where the fey hang out. Thelanis is the plane of faeries, and Twilight Demesne is a large, stable manifest zone of Thelanis.

ah, that actually REALLY helps...I don't really know a lot about the Ebberon setting other than a smattering about the Prestige classes and spells. Only ever really played in a Pathfinder setting and just a little in Grayhawk. I should be able to find something suitable though.

any suggestions for a placement for it? I was thinking maybe the Dim Forest, but there aren't any sufficiently large forests in comparison to the Eldeen Reaches.

Marnath
2010-08-27, 07:56 PM
I'm not familiar with greyhawk's cosmology, but assuming for a moment the Fey realm is it's own plane/demiplane, portals to there could be practically anywhere. I'm a fan of the whole mushroom ring portal deal, like in real mythology.

Rasman
2010-08-27, 09:13 PM
I'm not familiar with greyhawk's cosmology, but assuming for a moment the Fey realm is it's own plane/demiplane, portals to there could be practically anywhere. I'm a fan of the whole mushroom ring portal deal, like in real mythology.

the thing with the Twilight Demesne is that it's an actual place in Ebberon, in a specific set of woods, it's just a manifest zone that is remarkably stable, I'm mostly looking for a proper forest that Fey are well known for gathering.