Level: Brd 3, Clr 4, Drd 4, Rgr 2, Sor/Wiz 4, Creation 3
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One nonmagical, unattended object
Duration: Instantaneous; see text
Saving Throw: Will negates (object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (object)

You are able to transform a single object touched into a feather token. Such an object is stored inside the feather focus component for later use.

Occupied buildings and similar structures are impossible to make into feather tokens. Exceptions include tents, wigwams, tepees, igloos, and buildings smaller than the average human, as well as freestanding structures, such as buildings with no foundation, as long as no living creature is inside. If you cast this spell on an invalid target, the spell simply fails.

A stored object may be used as a feather token within 24 hours of its transmutation. If it is not used before the duration is up, the feather token is destroyed, releasing the object stored inside. If a creature would be crushed or otherwise harmed from the object, they are allowed a DC 14 Reflex save to avoid such harm completely.

Focus
A feather. Upon casting the spell, the object targeted is stored inside the feather, ready to be used as a feather token.

Feather Token Reversal
Transmutation
Level: Brd 3, Clr 4, Drd 4, Rgr 2, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: 20-ft.-radius burst
Duration: Instantaneous

Upon casting this spell, you send a burst of specialized dispelling magic outward. Any feather token within the burst radius of this spell instantly becomes a mundane feather, and any objects that would have come out upon using the feather token come out. If a creature would be crushed or otherwise harmed from a released object, they are allowed a DC 14 Reflex save to avoid such harm completely.

Twilight Touch
Transmutation
Level: Brd 2, Clr 2, Drd 2, Rgr 1, Sor/Wiz 2, Metal 2
Components: V, S, M
Range: Touch
Target: One set of armor or one shield
Duration: 1 hour/level

You are able to bestow the twilight property upon one set of armor or one shield. Upon touching the armor or shield, it becomes less cumbersome and easier to make delicate movements while equipped with it.

Rin_Hunter
2010-08-27, 10:37 PM
You know, chances are that Quaal is a Wizard and since he researched the spells himself they would be Wizard only (maybe Sorcerer too).

Just pointing that out.

Like the concept though. Why is Twilight Touch here, though?

Temotei
2010-08-27, 10:38 PM
You know, chances are that Quaal is a Wizard and since he researched the spells himself they would be Wizard only (maybe Sorcerer too).

Just pointing that out.

Like the concept though. Why is Twilight Touch here, though?

Quaal was a ranger, actually, and he had some random twilight armor he created (before it was an armor property), apparently. That's why they're available to a ton of classes and twilight touch is there.

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165992).

Zom B
2010-08-27, 11:23 PM
Also with Quaal's obsession with feathers, making armor more "feather weight" fits.

Also, when researching a spell, do you pick what classes it is available to, or is it <your class> only? It's not in the SRD and my PHB is not handy, and I've not created a new spell in-game in a long time.

AugustNights
2010-08-27, 11:25 PM
You run into a bit of a 'DM fiat' issue with the 'Buildings and similar structures are impossible to make into feather tokens.' bit, I think a limit on the size/weight of the object similar to Shatter might put even more of a damper on turning a Colossal sized full-helm into a feather token.

Zom B
2010-08-27, 11:28 PM
You could just put the words "freestanding" and "unoccupied" somewhere in there, and that would probably solve your dilemma. I mean, the players can construct a log cabin without a foundation and make it a feather token with the spell then, but they can't turn the BBEG's tower into one.

Temotei
2010-08-27, 11:31 PM
Also with Quaal's obsession with feathers, making armor more "feather weight" fits.

Also, when researching a spell, do you pick what classes it is available to, or is it <your class> only? It's not in the SRD and my PHB is not handy, and I've not created a new spell in-game in a long time.

I'll see to looking it up.

You run into a bit of a 'DM fiat' issue with the 'Buildings and similar structures are impossible to make into feather tokens.' bit, I think a limit on the size/weight of the object similar to Shatter might put even more of a damper on turning a Colossal sized full-helm into a feather token.

Hm. Perhaps. Tents are iffy, as are igloos, wigwams, tepees, and very small houses, like those a dog would live in...

Any suggestions on wording?

Zom B
2010-08-27, 11:32 PM
Any suggestions on wording?

Scroll up. Scroll down. Your answers ARE NOW DIAMONDS.

Temotei
2010-08-27, 11:56 PM
Scroll up. Scroll down. Your answers ARE NOW DIAMONDS.

Gods. I love it. Old SPICE! :smallcool:

Rin_Hunter
2010-08-28, 01:48 PM
Quaal was a ranger, actually, and he had some random twilight armor he created (before it was an armor property), apparently. That's why they're available to a ton of classes and twilight touch is there.

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165992).

I stand corrected *Bows a little*

And I'm pretty sure you create a spell for your class... That's how I've always ruled it anyway... No idea about RAW though~ :smalltongue:

Temotei
2010-08-28, 01:55 PM

And I'm pretty sure you create a spell for your class... That's how I've always ruled it anyway... No idea about RAW though~ :smalltongue:

It says nothing in the Dungeon Master's Guide (page 35, Creating Spells), as far as I know, nor is there anything in the Player's Handbook.

DracoDei
2010-08-28, 06:39 PM
The static DCs are a bit odd, but whatever.

I like it.

DracoDei
2010-08-28, 06:41 PM

I would concur in general that that is RAI, but I also think that he would have inspired immitators among other classes who would rework the spell (which would be easier than working from scratch) for their class.

Temotei
2010-08-29, 02:22 AM
The static DCs are a bit odd, but whatever.

I like it.

Cool. For the save DCs, I just made it DC 10 + (highest) spell level, essentially. Do you think I should add "+ casting ability modifier" to that?

Rin_Hunter
2010-08-29, 04:16 AM
Cool. For the save DCs, I just made it DC 10 + (highest) spell level, essentially. Do you think I should add "+ casting ability modifier" to that?

Normally a spell that allows a saving throw doesn't state the DC because it is always 10 + spell level (for the class casting it at the time) + key ability score modifier (Int for wizards, Cha for sorcerers and so on). That is unless there are factors within the spell that would state otherwise.

Latronis
2010-08-29, 04:23 AM
but the reflex saves arn't really a function of the spell as such just a non-building suddenly appearing

Rin_Hunter
2010-08-29, 04:24 AM
but the reflex saves arn't really a function of the spell as such just a non-building suddenly appearing

Which is why it should be this:

Saving Throw: Will Negates (Object), Reflex Negates (See text)

Latronis
2010-08-29, 04:42 AM
whats the 'standard' DC for random **** appearing out of thin air where you are anyway?

Rin_Hunter
2010-08-29, 04:43 AM
whats the 'standard' DC for random **** appearing out of thin air where you are anyway?

*Points to my post on spell DCs*

Yup. It's usually Reflex Half, though.

Latronis
2010-08-29, 04:48 AM
my point is it's not directly a function of the spellcaster, how wise said ranger is doesn't make a... canoo harder to dodge because it had the bad taste to appear in your square.