PDA

View Full Version : What has six arms and spins like a blender? (build help needed)

Bulwer
2010-08-28, 12:38 AM
It's a Marilith Dervish, of course!

That's the Marilith monster class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8132375&postcount=246) from our very own forums, and the Dervish from Complete Warrior.

It seems clear that if this is to be done, it's to be done all the way: that means at least 6th level of Marilith, so as to get all 6 arms. 8th level nets Large size, which has big implications for the Dervish's Dance of Death, among other things.

9th level gets Dance of Chaos, which is a less-limited, less-powerful Dervish Dance.

Dervish needs to be taken to at least 3rd level for Spring Attack, but it's really very good all the way through.

Maybe take Marilith 9/Fighter2/Dervish10, taking as much MWF as possible?

Marilith 16 or 17 / Dervish 3 gives the Marilith's weapon-cloning ability, which would be really handy.

Thoughts?

BobVosh
2010-08-28, 12:51 AM
Aww, I was hoping for the insectile template on some creature dervish.

With 6 arms I recommend going all 10 dervish for the 1000 cuts.

Does Growth give you the stat bumps for increasing size? It it doesn't don't bother, and 6 Marilith, 2 fighter, 10 dervish, finish with ever you feel like.

Kaww
2010-08-28, 12:51 AM
I thought that monster classes had to be taken all the way...

Bulwer
2010-08-28, 01:01 AM
Aww, I was hoping for the insectile template on some creature dervish.

With 6 arms I recommend going all 10 dervish for the 1000 cuts.

Does Growth give you the stat bumps for increasing size? It it doesn't don't bother, and 6 Marilith, 2 fighter, 10 dervish, finish with ever you feel like.

No, just the reach and the skills and grapple and so on.