PDA

View Full Version : Kineticist Feats [3.5]

SilverLeaf167
2010-08-28, 12:53 AM
I'm not really that good at character builds, especially with feats. I'm making a 5th-level Elan Kineticist, and I don't really know what feats to pick, especially with the addition of psionic feats.

The character is pretty much a general blaster, with mostly Psychokinesis but also some utilitary Psychometabolism. If you think there's something bad about this power choice, please present your ideas.

Energy Ray, Inertial Armor, Far Hand, Catfall, Detect Psionics
Energy Missile, Energy Push, Psionic Levitate, Body Equilibrium
Energy Cone, Telekinetic Force

Collected so far:

Improved Elan Resistance
Psionic Body
Meta-Psionic stuff
Stuff with extra Power Points

HunterOfJello
2010-08-28, 12:56 AM
Enhanced Elan Resistance would be nice. It improves your resistance ability to a +6.

Lhurgyof
2010-08-28, 12:57 AM
I'm not really that good at character builds, especially with feats. I'm making a 5th-level Elan Kineticist, and I don't really know what feats to pick, especially with the addition of psionic feats.

The character is pretty much a general blaster, with mostly Psychokinesis but also some utilitary Psychometabolism. If you think there's something bad about this power choice, please present your ideas.

Energy Ray, Inertial Armor, Far Hand, Catfall, Detect Psionics
Energy Missile, Energy Push, Psionic Levitate, Body Equilibrium
Energy Cone, Telekinetic Force

Well, to help protect your squishy organs, Improved Elan Resistance/Resiliance is good... As well is Psionic Body with a bunch of meta-psionic feats, along with stuff to increase your Power Points.

SilverLeaf167
2010-08-28, 12:57 AM
Okay, collecting propositions...

Could you be more specific about "stuff to increase Power Points"?

The Glyphstone
2010-08-28, 01:14 AM
Talented+Overchannel is always nice. The best blasting powers are low-level, and this lets you go nova even faster than usual.

SilverLeaf167
2010-08-28, 01:20 AM
Okay, I'm kind of going for
Psionic Body, Overchannel and Talented.
I don't really care about meta-anything, at least on lower levels when they are very limited. Also, this build allows me to somewhat boost my powers anyway, and grants me 6 extra HP. With a Hit Die of d4, that's like getting an extra level.

SilverLeaf167
2010-08-28, 01:33 AM
Hey! Who edited my post?

Also, forgot one bonus feat :P So, what SINGLE feat would you recommend with the above build?

The Glyphstone
2010-08-28, 02:01 AM
...not me, nope. Totally didn't hit the Edit instead of Reply button from sleep deprivation...

Consider grabbing Vigor as a power soon - it's the best HP-soak you'll ever find, even better than Improved Elan REsilience.

SilverLeaf167
2010-08-28, 02:10 AM
Okay, Vigor sounds good. But the feat...

EDIT: Oh, maybe I should pick the feat that grants me an extra power? Is that what you meant?

Alleine
2010-08-28, 02:20 AM
Psicrystal Affinity can be pretty nice, being able to share powers(like vigor) with it and then cast Share Pain to drastically increase your survivability. You split damage half and half, your psicrystal has hardness to reduce the damage it takes, and then Vigor eats more of the damage. Your psicrystal might end up taking close to 0 damage while you take half or less of the original amount. Not to mention the bonus you get depending on the psicrystal personality.

If you're worried about spell/power resistance, power penetration would also be helpful, but in general you ought to have a selection of powers to deal damage without worrying about that.

SilverLeaf167
2010-08-28, 02:22 AM
Well, Spell/Power Resistance is pretty rare anyway, so if I'm not playing in a campaign with lots of resistant opponents, I don't bother picking them.

WinWin
2010-08-28, 02:25 AM
Psionic Meditation helps to regain Psionic Focus faster. It means that your character will be able to use Metapsionics more often when needed.

SilverLeaf167
2010-08-28, 02:36 AM
Okay, I guess that will do until I find something else.

EdroGrimshell
2010-08-28, 09:00 AM
Try this site (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/home), it has a few extremely good feats that can come in handy for a psion