PDA

View Full Version : Metriod: What would you do?

SpekterofDavid
2010-08-28, 06:15 AM
Well Metriod other M has come and went and personally in my mind I am screaming YES! Although from what I heard the game is a 7/10. The game has lived up to my expectations which where: This game is not for me because it focuses on action rather than what I wanted in Metriod, the exploration. Plus although I loved the plot of Fusion people said the plot in M was kinda slow. I just cannot wait until the game becomes a 2d platformer again with a focus on exploration and possibly alot more hidden storyline (Like by reading logs or videotapes). I did not actualy buy the game, I just read a bunch of reviews.

I would love to hear your opinion on metriod other M, but what the thread is realy about is what YOU would like in the next metriod game.

I would like a sequel to fusion but with a catch, remember when

Samus got injected with some metriod DNA in Fusion?

Well then imagine if the mutation continued and she became a where Metriod?
Now I know what you all are thinking, "What happened to the last famous character who became a where something? It rhymes with Numonic Funleashed". Yeah. But I would take a completly different approach. First off you would begin as ordinary samus and would do some exploration missions on Zebes or whatever planet you are placed on. You are later called back to the base for examination. Blackout. You awaken in a completely different section of the base and only in your zero suit. As you go through the base you find that most of the personel is hunting for you. You travers through the station finding videotapes of yourself turning into a metriod/human thing. At that point in time you take control of the monster (Until the the videotape ends) like for example you first travel through a highly damages elavator shaft than find a videotape of the monster fighting a defencive robot inside it.

The monsters abilities would be claw attacks, pouncing, wall jumping, wall climbing, tunneling, latching on to your aponents to heal HP. Your special moves would be the result of the different metriod evolutions such as Shell attacks and tounge lashes. Ect. But thats my opinion what is yours?

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-28, 06:33 AM
The spoiler tag has isn't a plural. :smalltongue:

Also, It would be Weremetroid, although if you want to be really pedantic (like me) it'd be Wifmetroid.

Honestly, I want to see a continuation to the end of Fusion, especially the complications thereof. For example, remember that at the end, she went against Federation orders. Thus, she's technically a rogue now. I'd want to see how that turns out.

Also, what was wrong with Sonic Unleashed?

SpekterofDavid
2010-08-28, 06:44 AM
The spoiler tag has isn't a plural. :smalltongue:

Also, It would be Weremetroid, although if you want to be really pedantic (like me) it'd be Wifmetroid.

Honestly, I want to see a continuation to the end of Fusion, especially the complications thereof. For example, remember that at the end, she went against Federation orders. Thus, she's technically a rogue now. I'd want to see how that turns out.

Also, what was wrong with Sonic Unleashed?

The wherwolf bits, well its you opinion anyway. But How do I do the spoiler thing?

jmbrown
2010-08-28, 06:57 AM
I enjoyed the GBA titles and wish they would continue those. Something on the same scale as Super Metroid with hi-res 2D sprites would be nice. It's kind of sad that the closest "Metroid" title we've had in a long time is Shadow Complex. I enjoyed that game too much and it's a shame it was so easy.

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-28, 07:05 AM
The wherwolf bits, well its you opinion anyway. But How do I do the spoiler thing?

The tag looks like this.

Text here.

Geno9999
2010-08-28, 08:33 AM
Interesting idea for a Metroid Fusion Sequel, but it will never take place on Zebes. Why?
YOU BLEW IT UP! GOD *BEEP* YOU MOTHER BRAIN! GOD *BEEP* YOU TO HELL!!!
Please, play Super Metroid before thinking of sequels.:smalltongue:

Personally, I would like to get the game myself and build my opinion off of my experiences than of others. To me, the trailers made it look like Metriod Prime and Classic Metriod went and had a child.

Prime32
2010-08-28, 08:55 AM
Personally, I would like to get the game myself and build my opinion off of my experiences than of others. To me, the trailers made it look like Metroid Prime and Classic Metroid went and had a child.The plot seems to be an expansion of the events of the manga (http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid:_Volume_1).

Maximum Zersk
2010-08-28, 09:19 AM
Interesting idea for a Metroid Fusion Sequel, but it will never take place on Zebes. Why?
YOU BLEW IT UP! GOD *BEEP* YOU MOTHER BRAIN! GOD *BEEP* YOU TO HELL!!!
Please, play Super Metroid before thinking of sequels.:smalltongue:

Personally, I would like to get the game myself and build my opinion off of my experiences than of others. To me, the trailers made it look like Metriod Prime and Classic Metriod went and had a child.

So that's what happened! I just thought it got flooded with soup! :smalltongue:

Inhuman Bot
2010-08-28, 12:45 PM
I enjoyed the GBA titles and wish they would continue those. Something on the same scale as Super Metroid with hi-res 2D sprites would be nice. It's kind of sad that the closest "Metroid" title we've had in a long time is Shadow Complex. I enjoyed that game too much and it's a shame it was so easy.

Wait, what?

Well, I guess Hunters wasn't for everyone, but there's Castlevania.

Prime32
2010-08-28, 12:53 PM
Well, I guess Hunters wasn't for everyone, but there's Castlevania.Heck, the name of the genre is... (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Metroidvania)

AlterForm
2010-08-28, 01:36 PM

Hand-drawn sprites over hand-drawn backgrounds made possible by the increased power of the 3DS coupled with the classic Dpad/2shoulder/4button input system?

SIGN. ME. UP.

[/pipedream]