PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] PACK: The Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-28, 07:33 AM
Somewhere in the middle of the countryside, a distance aways from Inside and the Taverna Generica, and yet still close enough to everything that it ends up being terribly convenient, is the PACK campus. The campus is a wide, open area of green grass and a few, slightly rolling hills and trees, populated by low, open buildings built in a sumptuously understated manner centered around a stout clock tower, and rather incongruously ringed on all sides with 3-meter thick concrete walls (with a stone block facade) 10-meters high, with taller watchtowers every hundred meters.
For, uh... defense purposes. Yes. >.>
The campus itself is state-of-the art, and most of the vast space is made of sporting grounds, tennis courts, a large pool and several greenhouses, with a cycling/horse riding track running along near the inside of the wall.

What is this campus here for? Well, I'll tell you!

But First, A Letter.

Dear Parents of NEXUS,

Greetings, and salutations! With the end of summer fast approaching, and the world on the brink of Autumn... in more ways than one, I cannot help but reflect on my life, and all my achievements. And being (for all intents and purposes) immortal, let me assure you, quite a lot of reflection has been happening. In the past aeons, since the very beginning of time and mankind, I have watched this world grow into what it has become today. I have watched civilizations rise and fall, worlds split and merge, cities built and razed, abandoned and destroyed, and the multiverse itself have quite a few close shaves with death. But the purpose of this correspondence (however it may have reached you) is not to bore you with accounts of events that happened before your entire species decided that having more than one cell might actually be beneficial (frankly, it bores me as well, life becomes so much more intersting after it invented the concept of organs). Rather, it is in fact an advertisement. In the past few years, especially the recent months following the turbulent introduction of the ACRONYM universe to the Heart of the NEXUS situated at the spot some call TOWN, I have noticed something which I find quite alarming. I refer of course, to the treatment of PC children. Too often I see Player Characters under the age of 15 (or equivalent), some with enough power to level a small village, run around completely without supervision (hint, it's not the same as Super Vision). Sometimes even, I have heard of children as young as 9 (or equivalent) go on these distasteful... adventures, utilizing their natural abilities with appalling abandon and putting themselves in extreme danger, because their parents were too busy being held hostage by an Evil Overlord hellbent on taking over Inside (a situation I understand perfectly - sometimes these things just happen). Not to mention the lack of any sort of formal education... after all, what school would accept a child that not only says 'No' to bullying, but also vaporizes bullying with the Power of Friendship, but also leaves the surrounding square kilometer a smoking (and yet, incredibly friendly!) crater as a result. Well, it is to be no longer. For you see, opening this week at an unremarkable location not far from Inside is the Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids (PACK for short - because we all love acronyms, don't we?). No longer will your helpless screams for mercy punctuated by idle wondering whether your child has gone and attempted to tag along with a crack commando team on a rescue mission, or is battling undead in a sewer somewhere. Instead, they will be safe in our rather large campus (which, incidentally has several door thick concrete walls surrounding it on all sides) enjoying the benefits of a strict timetable and being professionally tutored in a variety of subjects including:

Natural Sciences!
Music!
Visual Arts!
Literature!
Mathematics!
Languages!
Fencing and Swordplay!
Pretentious Sports!
And more!

Sincerely, Kamilan
Headteacher
Perfectly Appropriate College for Kids.

Basically, this is an Acronym Organization catering towards the 'Powered Brat' demographic (5 - 15 years), intent on providing them a top class education, intense security (whether to keep them safe from others, or to keep others safe from them) and just generally shape them into classy young men and women... or else. Pretentiousness seems to be the thing among the staff here, and students not adhering to Metta Kamilan's strict social code are likely to find themselves in a whoooooole world of trouble. And now, the obligatory spoiler-tagged stuff.

Rules (IC)

While no uniform has been instituted, students (and teachers) must dress in an appropriate fashion.
Students are to behave with propriety and appropriateness at all times.
Students must obey the requests of teachers at all times.
Fighting is strictly prohibited, unless it is done as part of our self-defense and fencing programs.
If you suspect a fellow student or your teacher of being an evil doppelganger, please report the matter to me. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE ACTION ON YOUR OWN.
There is no Rule 6.
Excessive, or flagrant use of powers is prohibited, unless it is done as part of our Power Control programs.
Setting yourself on fire, or parts of yourself on fire counts as flagrant use of powers. Yes, no matter how immune you are to fire, or even if the flames are utterly harmless.
Physical intimacy on campus is not allowed.
Neither is soul stealing, or drinking blood, no matter how painless it may be.
Students may not leave the campus unless they are accompanied by their legal parent/guardian, or by someone known to the student possessing the signed permission of their legal parent/guardian.

Rules (OoC)

No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever), unless it's part of an epic plot, and you've run it through me. You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
No godmoding/godmodding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in the PACK. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offense isn't.
Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.

Application Form

STUDENTS
Name of Student:
Name of Parent/Guardian:
Age of Student:
Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder):
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.):
Parent/Guardian signature:

TEACHERS
Name:
Subject(s):
Other Expertise:
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.):
Signature:

List of Teachers
Teacher Name|Subject|Player|Other Information
Kampilan|History and Fencing (Headmaster)|Kid Kris|N/A
John Johnson|N/A (Head of Security)|billtodamax|N/A
The Admiral|Music and Military Tactics|Reinholdt|Application (http://tinyurl.com/2fdpfmq)
Ilyena|Magical Theory & Technology|Moff Chumley|Application (http://tinyurl.com/287pqrn)
Dr. Rato|Physics, Biology, Earth Science, Chemistry Mechanics, Robotics, Digital Art|apeoflight|Application (http://tinyurl.com/2alaxrg)
Rev. Narahar|Religious Education|Earl of Purple|Application (http://tinyurl.com/29bhhhd)
Aurea Chrysos|Literature, History and Anthropology|FireFox|Application (http://tinyurl.com/2f956ls)

List of Students
Student Name|Type|Player|Other Information
Nimai|Day|Lord Iames Osari|Application (http://tinyurl.com/24g82g6)
Maralah|Day|Lord Iames Osari|Application (http://tinyurl.com/24g82g6)
Jamie Druid|Day|The Bushranger|Application (http://tinyurl.com/27v5gh8)
Chol Wogal|Day|Beans|Application (http://tinyurl.com/279nfl9)
Alkania Danir|Full Boarder|Recaiden|Application (http://tinyurl.com/27369de)
SE23/Wally|Full Boarder|VampireRot|Application (http://tinyurl.com/2a3ehlj)
Gloom|Full Boarder|Kaelaroth|N/A
Septus Delta|Full Boarder|Moff Chumley|Application (http://tinyurl.com/28mvs9z)
Molly|Weekly Boarder|happyturtle|Application (http://tinyurl.com/2d6keeh)
Lady Dekaros Decker|Weekly Boarder|happyturtle|Application (http://tinyurl.com/2cbvnbs)

Extra Descriptions! (Your suggestion could be here!)

The boarding house is a large building, split into two such that while you can still go from one side to another, there is a clear threshold between the 'boy' half and the 'girl' half. Sexually ambiguous characters are assigned 'randomly' (ie by player choice). Rooms are big enough for four children, and are also assigned 'randomly'.
Apparently the dining hall/fewd place/eating area looks like the Great Hall from Harry Potter. You cannot, however, have some more (http://jamesorourke.mycouncillor.org.uk/files/2008/07/oliver-twist-more.png).

This thread may update spontaneously, especially considering that it's still in its early stages, so be on the look out. Major changes will usually be announced in the thread or in the Nexus OoC.

billtodamax
2010-08-28, 07:40 AM
((Hey KK. Take a look at your OoC spoiler. Reeeeeeaaaaaally closely.

And would it be okay for me to play the head of security?))

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-28, 07:59 AM
((A whoops. That's what I get for copy-pasta. And sure, though he won't have a lot of resources. The watchtowers are there for show, mostly it's just surveillance cameras.))

happyturtle
2010-08-28, 08:02 AM
((He needs a bunch of rat familiars who answer to him and act as his spies. :smallbiggrin:))

Reinholdt
2010-08-28, 09:12 AM
What's this? A new challenger approaches!
The rather large gates.
Looks at them.
Considers knocking.

Then goes to look to see if there's a smaller doorway.

Wait... there are giant gates, right?

Kaelaroth
2010-08-28, 09:28 AM
Sitting alone on a table in a classroom, a tall teenager is quiet, dressed in drab, dark clothes, and thick black gloves. His midnight hair falls unfashionable across his pale skin, and as he gets up to peek out the window at the newcomer(s) approaching the campus, he bites his lip, visible.

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-28, 09:33 AM
There are indeed gates, but right now they're open! Yay! A truck barrels through them, narrowly missing the new challenger as it brings supplies to the school, which has so recently been re-branded and opened to the public (though it was finished long before, and is already host to several students).

A ten-foot tall mannequin-esque figure, made out of fine silvery metal and clad in an eclectic (and yet fashionable) mix of male and female clothing, all sumptuous and *cough* 'pimped out' as it were, for the big day, approaches the gates, giving a faceless look of disapproval to the truck driver as it rolls past.

Reinholdt
2010-08-28, 09:37 AM
The Admiral walks up to the Mannequin, puffing away at a cigar which gives him no pleasure cause he's not human and it pisses him off to no end. :smallannoyed:

On the upside, smoking will never give him cancer.
http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq276/Reinholdt9000/Avatars/Admiraltrue.png

"Excuse me. I'm looking for the headmaster's office."

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-28, 09:46 AM
The mannequin looks down at the Admiral facelessly.
HOW ARE YOU MEANT TO INTERACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS NO FACE!?

"I am the Head Teacher." Says Kampilan (it's somewhat worrying that I have to look back at kras Character Sheet just to be able to spell kras name properly), kras voice coming unnervingly from his chest, at the Admiral's head level, and with a slight emphasis on the 'teacher' part. Political correctness, yo!
"I must also inform you that smoking is prohibited on school grounds, unless it is for medical purposes."
Seriously man. :smallmad:

Reinholdt
2010-08-28, 09:51 AM
The Admiral shudders just a little.
"It... err... is. I am cursed. And unless I smoke a certain number of cigars a day, I'll literally turn to dust. Unfortunately that number is a lot."
>>
<<

The Admiral is the Marlboro Man lichified!

He quickly tries to change the subject so that she... he... it won't protest further. "I wish to apply for a teacher position here at your school."

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-28, 09:54 AM
"Really?" Says the mannequin with sudden interest, producing a form and a pen from who-knows-where.
"It happens that we are looking for new staff. In the past, I have been able to manage by myself, but with the school soon opening properly, new teachers will be needed."
"So... what subject is it that you teach?"

Reinholdt
2010-08-28, 10:01 AM
The Admiral takes the form and starts filling it out as he replies. "Music and Military Tactics." Though I'm certain he'll be spending a great deal of time in the biology teacher's room.

Name: The Admiral
Subject(s): Music and Military Tactics
Other Expertise: Illusions, Melee Combat, Naval Travel and Navigation, Rum, the Female Gender
Important Information: Cursed. Must smoke to live.
Signature: The Admiral

He offers it back to... it.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-08-28, 10:55 AM
STUDENT APPLICATION FORM
Name of Student: Nimai Salamander of the Rose's Thorn (Rosethorn)
Name of Parent/Guardian: Surely-Refulgent Anshu, Cerise of the Rose's Thorn
Age of Student: 14
Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder): Day
Important Information (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Requires one hour at noon for prayers to the Sun
Parent/Guardian signature: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/AnshuSignature.png

STUDENT APPLICATION FORM
Name of Student: Maralah Kozakura of the Rose's Thorn (Rosethorn)
Name of Parent/Guardian: Surely-Refulgent Anshu, Cerise of the Rose's Thorn
Important Information (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Requires one hour at noon for prayers to the Sun
Parent/Guardian signature: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/AnshuSignature.png

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-28, 11:14 AM
He can try to go after the Biology teacher. I doubt he'll succeed, though. Poor bone structure. :smalltongue:
Kampilan reads The Admiral's form, as well as the forms that mysteriously appeared out of thin air. Despite having no eyes. Yeah.
Anyway, kra'll nod thoughtfully.
"All seems to bee in order. Welcome to PACK."
What, no background checks or anything? How do you know The Admiral isn't a serial killer or something?

The Bushranger
2010-08-28, 11:25 AM
Meanwhile, another application form arrives, via Teleporting Note Paper!

STUDENT APPLICATION FORM
Name of Student: Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid
Name of Parent/Guardian: Tobias and Quinn Druid
Age of Student: Eight months 12.
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Spawn of Tobias n/a
Parent/Guardian signature: Quinn Druid

FireFox
2010-08-28, 11:28 AM
http://public4.tektek.org/img/av/0904/d13/2317/d9bd710.png
A blond woman in heels walks up to the gates and stands in line behind the admiral, staring at him curiously.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-28, 12:13 PM
Ilyena (dreqadlocks, glasses, briefcase, half-elf, you know the drill) teleports a few dozen feet away, and joins the line.

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-28, 11:29 PM
More forms! Excellent!
Kampilan's hands start to split at the wrist, kras metacarpals (or where kras metacarpals would be, had kra a skeleton) lengthening until they're almost as long as kras forearms, the three fingers at the end of each new 'hand' gripping each of the four forms as kra reads them simultaneously.
"Yes... every thing seems to check out for the moment. Your lessons will be observed regularly for the first few weeks to ensure that you meet our standards."
Kampilan looks past the Admiral, at Aurea and Ilyena.
"I assume you are here to apply for jobs as well?"
Kra frowns facelessly at Ilyena's dreadlocks, silently disapproving.

FireFox
2010-08-28, 11:30 PM
Yes, I am. Aurea smiles at the headmaster and takes a form, deadtiming as she fills it out.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-28, 11:36 PM
Likewise.

Name: Ilyena the Goliath
Subject(s): Magic Theory, Magical Technology
Other Expertise: A dozen years of teaching at a university
Important Information:Must be assisted by an artificial intelligence, Askepios
Signature: Ilyena
Ilyena twirls a dreadlock and raises an eyebrow. Is that acceptable?

ApeofLight
2010-08-28, 11:53 PM
Dr.Rato, an old man in a lab coat with a long white beard walks up to the college. " Ah! What a wonderful place! I'm sure I'll be able to use my talents to the fullest here as a teacher. " He says and heads inside grabbing one of the Teacher forms and filling it out.

TEACHERS
Name: Dr.Rato
Subject(s): Physics, Biology, Earth Science, Chemistry Mechanics, Robotics, Digital Art
Other Expertise: Alchemy, fitness, and medicine
Important Information: I'm old and surely health problems of mine will start to pop up eventually.
Signature:Dr.Rato

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 12:04 AM
He can try to go after the Biology teacher. I doubt he'll succeed, though. Poor bone structure. :smalltongue:
Kampilan reads The Admiral's form, as well as the forms that mysteriously appeared out of thin air. Despite having no eyes. Yeah.
Anyway, kra'll nod thoughtfully.
"All seems to bee in order. Welcome to PACK."
What, no background checks or anything? How do you know The Admiral isn't a serial killer or something?

Serial killer wouldn't be exactly the right way to phrase it.

"Thanks. So where's the teacher's lo-" He pauses when he notes Aurea. Turning to face her and repositioning his cigar so it's not blowing directly in her face, he takes his hat and flourish-bows. "Why greetings my lady. My apologies for not attending to you sooner. Such a delicate flower should not be left without the proper attention. May I ask your name?"

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-29, 12:12 AM
"It is." Says Kampilan, kras non-existent left eye twitching at the dreadlock twirl and the horrible mis-pronunciation of 'acceptable'.
Kra flicks the student forms to one of kras four arms, taking Ilyena's form and Dr. Rato's form to read.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-29, 12:37 AM
((In Soviet Russia, type edit YOU!!))

--

Two figures make their way towards the school. One of them is a battle-scarred human who appears to be in his mid thirties, and the other looks about fourteen. They're having an angry, muttered argument. Says the teenager: I told you, Five, this is pointless. I'm just as old as you are, anyway, why do you get to dump me in here? Septus, I can't have you following me around. So you're gonna need to stay somewhere, and maybe you'll actually meet people who aren't clones in this place... Whatever.

The older man, once they're at the gate, anounces to the world at large: My, uh, son... WHAT? ...will be staying here for a while. Do I need to sign anything? The teenager stands there, mutinously.

ApeofLight
2010-08-29, 04:38 PM
Dr.Rato stands there with a smile as his teaching form is looked over. " I do believe everything is in order with the form. I'm looking forward to be able to teach the young minds of the nexus. "

Earl of Purple
2010-08-29, 05:24 PM
"Are you needing an RE teacher? If so, I am willing to aply." The talker is a male half-elf looking very smart in clean and presentable white tunic and leather kilt. Hanging at his belt is a sickle with a scarab on the pommel. His face is plain, and he has brown hair and eyes; making his face far more memorable is a tattoo of a two-tailed scorpion with its tails curled upon his cheeks and its claws resting on his forehead.

Name: Most Reverend Narahar
Subject(s): Religious Education
Other Expertise: Sickle use, non-magical healing, tattoo artistry
Important Information: I will need a chapel at which to pray; I can supply all the necessary equipment
Signature: Narahar

FireFox
2010-08-29, 05:50 PM
Aurea comes out of deadtime and hands in her form.

Name: Aurea Chrysos
Subject(s): Literature, History, and Anthropology.
Other Expertise: Archaeology, specifically the location and excavation of ancient edifices.
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): If it would be at all possible, I would like to take some students on a field trip to a dig site. Also, I am a Gold Dragon.
Signature: Aurea Chrysos

Serial killer wouldn't be exactly the right way to phrase it.

"Thanks. So where's the teacher's lo-" He pauses when he notes Aurea. Turning to face her and repositioning his cigar so it's not blowing directly in her face, he takes his hat and flourish-bows. "Why greetings my lady. My apologies for not attending to you sooner. Such a delicate flower should not be left without the proper attention. May I ask your name?"

Aurea stares at the lich in surprise. She's not one to judge by mere looks alone, but his disarming attitude stuns her. I am Aurea Chrysos. She smiles and offers her hand. And whom might you be?

Beans
2010-08-29, 05:56 PM
A young woman in black jeans and a dark-red corduroy jacket comes up to pass in her form.
Her hair is blood-red and her eyes are the same, literally looking to be bleeding.
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1008/d29/1802/d404587.png

Name of Student: Chol Jessica Wogal
Name of Parent/Guardian: Thryza S. and Christopher A. Wogal
Type of Student: Day
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Eyes appear to bleed, but that "blood" is analogous to the moisture of your average everyday eye.
Parent/Guardian signature: Thryza S Wogal

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-29, 06:26 PM
Argh! So. Many. Applications!
Whatever. Just go in, you're all accepted, no matter what the Tin neither-Man-nor-Woman might say.

ApeofLight
2010-08-29, 06:30 PM
Ahh! Quickly! Into the building before Kid Kris explodes!

Dr.Rato calmly strolls onto the campus grounds and has a look around.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 07:11 PM
Aurea stares at the lich in surprise. She's not one to judge by mere looks alone, but his disarming attitude stuns her. I am Aurea Chrysos. She smiles and offers her hand. And whom might you be?

The Admiral takes the hand and sort of bows to it. "You'll forgive me for being unable to kiss your hand properly. I am called The Admiral. I had a name once, but lack of use has generally caused me to forget it. You may call me as you see fit."

Recaiden
2010-08-29, 07:25 PM
"Dad, I really don't think I should be going to some crazy boarding school."
"You're going to be fine, dear. And it's better here th' a cave or the wasteland. And you do need a more formal education than you're agetting at that place in the woods. That's final."

"*annoyed muttering*"

Application Form
STUDENTS
Name of Student: Alkania Leah Danir
Name of Parent/Guardian: Cleosepha Dji Danir
Age of Student: 13
Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder): Full Boarder
Important Information: Severe allergies to iron and sodium. Special diet, will not eat normal food.
Parent/Guardian signature:http://i35.tinypic.com/15chy1c.jpg

A girl somewhat like this:
http://i28.tinypic.com/2e2qrnt.jpg
Hesitantly walks up behind a taller woman, who hands over the application.

VampireRot
2010-08-29, 08:01 PM
Holy flying carp! A portal thingy opens up in midair, about 20 feet above the ground. It shimmers for a bit, then a large bald eagle flies through. It screeches and lands on Kampilan's... shoulder? The huge bird (but not too huge) holds a talon in front of what should be kras face. Tied to the leg is a document, an application form.

Name of Student: Subject SE23: "Wally"
Name of Guardian: Lord Leuco the Free
Type of Student: Full Boarder
Important Information: Manifesting magic powers. Do not emotionally upset. Will probably be armed.
Guardian signature: <Here is simply an imprint of an eagle's talon, probably from a stamp>

As soon as Kampilan takes the application, the eagle flies off back through the portal. Which closes.

:smallconfused:

FireFox
2010-08-29, 08:44 PM
The Admiral takes the hand and sort of bows to it. "You'll forgive me for being unable to kiss your hand properly. I am called The Admiral. I had a name once, but lack of use has generally caused me to forget it. You may call me as you see fit."

Aurea is visibly struggling to wrap her head around this event. The Admiral? As in of a Navy?

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 08:56 PM
The Admiral straightens back up and replaces the hat properly on his head.
"Quite. I was Chief Admiral over an entire fleet in fact. Good times. And what of you?"

FireFox
2010-08-29, 08:58 PM
Impressive. Aurea then shrugs self-deprecatingly. Oh, I am just a scholar. I spend my time traveling around many countries in my homeworld, studying several dusty old tomes.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-29, 09:07 PM
Ilyena, apparently accepted, walks inside.

--

The older man completes an application, thrusts it at Kampilan, and departs.
Name of Student: Septus Delta
Name of Parent/Guardian: Quintus Delta
Important Information: None...
Parent/Guardian signature: Quintus

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 09:17 PM
Impressive. Aurea then shrugs self-deprecatingly. Oh, I am just a scholar. I spend my time traveling around many countries in my homeworld, studying several dusty old tomes.

"I'm sure it's very... interesting." The Admiral... is not very interested. He tries to pretend to be! But... he's just not.

"I'm also pretty good at music."

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:19 PM
But she's hot, so that makes up for her boringness? :smalltongue:

Oh? What instrument do you play?

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 09:29 PM
To the Admiral. He's not really a true gentlemen as you can imagine.

"The organ. Though I have experience with most of them. I'm mostly sing and make inspiring speeches though." He's a very good singer.

ApeofLight
2010-08-29, 09:32 PM
The Admiral and Aurea might see Dr.Rato, an old man in a lab coat with a long beard, being very interested with a flower he found. In fact he seems to have a journal of some sort and seems to be making a picture of it and writing details about it down.

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:33 PM
I personally automatically distrust the undead. Aurea on the other hand, is trying to be open and politically correct.

How interesting. She, at least, is sincere about that.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 09:46 PM
The Admiral does indeed see Dr. Rato but cares not about an old man and his flowers.

Turning to lead her inside so they may take a look around the building. "Perhaps you should come by one day. I'm certain I'll be running the band and choir. You could learn how to play the trombone."

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:50 PM
Aurea follows him, nodding. Well, I have been meaning to learn the piano, or perhaps the violin. I have always appreciated the symphonies of Rachmaninoff and Vivaldi...

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 09:56 PM
The Admiral ponders whether she understood the reference, but shrugs it off.
"Piano would probably be best then, it being most like an organ. At least in comparison to the violin certainly."

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:59 PM
The innuendo, if that's what it was, flew right over her head.
Oh, of course.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 10:04 PM
"Good. Private classes are at twenty hundred hours." He winks at her, then heads off towards the teacher's lounge.

((deadtime here))

Moff Chumley
2010-08-29, 10:26 PM
((If there's a teachers lounge, that's where Ilyena will be.))

Kaelaroth
2010-08-30, 05:16 AM
The tall teenager, whose face is as pale in magnitude as his clothes and hair are dark, wanders the college, kicking a stone about with his heavy, albeit breaking back boots, hardly making a sound save for that of the stone breaking against the walls as he kicks it.

billtodamax
2010-08-30, 05:56 AM
Twin Magnums, check.
Sniper Rifle, check.
AK-47, check.
Plasma Pistol, check.
Minigun, check.
Rocket Launcher, ch- Wait where was his rocket launcher? Oh right, they got rid of it after he blew a hole in the wall.
Long Sword, check.
Throwing knives, check.
Nun-chucks, check.
Brass Knuckles, check.
Hand Grenades, check.
Temporary Enchantments, check.
Eye-piece linked directly to the network of cameras, check.
Body Armour, check.
Tranquiliser Pistol (He hated carrying this thing), check.

He was ready for the school year.

John Johnson wanders the hall, on the lookout for trouble makers, a magnum in each hand. He was tall and muscular, and rumours probably flew about the school about him, although he didn't know it. He had a five O'clock shadow, and his face had a network of scars across it. His eyepiece completely covered his right eye, causing it to glow a dull red.

He knew was that when the kids arrived, they were not getting out, not until the school year was over, and that he would do everything in his power to ensure that.

Kaelaroth
2010-08-30, 06:44 AM
Assuming John Johnson's been here for a while, he'll notice the pale boy. Back for another year.

Not that he ever left.

Has he ever? :smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-30, 09:21 AM
((There is of course a Staff Room/Teacher's Lounge. There's whatever you want there to be, really. The initial idea for PACK was mine, but the thread is yours now. I'm just here to update the OP with whatever you think is appropriate. I am far too busy to have the same sort of creative influence/flesh PACK as well as I did wih WATCHTOWER. That goes with applications as well. I might trawl through and put them all in an index when I'm not too inundated with being an IB Diploma student, but please please please don't make me have to roleplay each one individually. :smallfrown:))

Yeah, Kampilan just sort of vaguely accepts the forms and waves whatever people need waving through through.

Reinholdt
2010-08-30, 10:59 AM
Perhaps just a list of teachers and what they teach will suffice for now?

The Admiral has no classes today and isn't around. But tomorrow those children better be on time for Military Tactics.

Earl of Purple
2010-08-30, 02:35 PM
Narahar is in the staff room, reading a large book bound with leather and having a two-tailed scorpion printed to the front of it. Narahar is a half-elf, quite young by the standards of his species, with a plain face and brown hair and eyes. His face is made memorable through the use of a tattoo, also depicting a two-tailed scorpion. This tattoo has its tails curled upon his cheeks and its claws resting on his forehead. He is wearing a clean white tunic and a leather kilt, as well as a silver amulet also carrying the two-tailed scorpion symbol around his neck. Narahar is currently sitting at a table whilst he reads.

ApeofLight
2010-08-30, 09:56 PM
Dr.Rato is in the teacher's lounge. He has a book open with a list of students that are signed up for his various science classes. Got to start learning who people are early in the school year.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-30, 10:05 PM
((Erm, Akspepios could take care of administrative work & such. I could RP that if you want.))

Ilyena is in the teachers lounge, tapping away at his laptop, eyeballing his fellow teachers once in a while.

ApeofLight
2010-08-30, 10:13 PM
Dr.Rato notices the other teacher looking at his fellow teachers and decides to go over. " Hello there, I'm Dr.Rato. Who might you be and what are the subjects you teach? "

Moff Chumley
2010-08-30, 10:16 PM
Ilyena continues typing, without looking. Name's Ilyena, I'm teaching magic and magitech. Yourself?

ApeofLight
2010-08-30, 10:21 PM
" Dr.Rato, technology and various different sciences along with alchemy as a hobby. " He says and holds out a hand to shake with Ilyena.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-30, 10:25 PM
Ilyena shakes. What sort of technology?

ApeofLight
2010-08-30, 10:38 PM
Dr.Rato waves his hand. " Oh, well this and that. Mostly mechanics and computers. I've done work with robotics along with creating software for them. Though I can hardly focus in one field to achieve something really great. I just find so many things interesting. " He says rambling a little bit and chuckles.

Moff Chumley
2010-08-30, 10:39 PM
Ilyena shrugs. The only non-magical field I really have any affinity for is artificial intelligence, and my AIs can't funtion without magically augmented computers...

ApeofLight
2010-08-30, 10:44 PM
Dr.Rato's eyes go wide and he nods. " Interesting. If you don't mind, how well do your AIs function? "

Moff Chumley
2010-08-30, 10:49 PM
((Realized I've been using the wrong speech color... >.>))

Brute force. Magically scan a parts of a humanoid mind, optimize paramaters for speed and intelligence, run on a computer. Simple, in a way, but much, much more complicated then the nonmagical variety, when you get down to it...

ApeofLight
2010-08-30, 10:54 PM
Dr.Rato nods. " So, you actually use a scan of brains as the layout of your AI's. Very interesting indeed. "

Ashen Lilies
2010-08-31, 04:06 AM
((Erm, Akspepios could take care of administrative work & such. I could RP that if you want.))

Ilyena is in the teachers lounge, tapping away at his laptop, eyeballing his fellow teachers once in a while.

Nah, the school already has a bunch of NPCs that deal with Administration, Marketing, all that exciting stuff. Just like in Real Life! :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-09-01, 01:57 AM
Assuming John Johnson's been here for a while, he'll notice the pale boy. Back for another year.

Not that he ever left.

Has he ever? :smallconfused:

John Johnson glares at the pale boy, but more in just a vague, 'I'm practicing my glare on you' kinda way, as he's never tried to leave unless he had in which case I assume he hasn't been successful.

What was his name again? Eh, didn't matter. as long as he didn't try and blow a hole in the wall he was fine with John. John nods to the pale boy, a wordless greeting.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 06:40 AM
[Military Tactics ClassRoom]

The Admiral looks at the clock as he takes another puff from his cigar as he leaned against the blackboard at the front of the room with his arms crossed.

The kids had 7 minutes to get in here, get seated, and shut up.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-01, 06:54 AM
John nods to the pale boy, a wordless greeting.

The boy nods back, before heading into the Admiral's class, silently, his gloved hands tightly clutching his old-fashioned satchel.

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 08:00 AM

The Admiral looks at the clock as he takes another puff from his cigar as he leaned against the blackboard at the front of the room with his arms crossed.

The kids had 7 minutes to get in here, get seated, and shut up.

Yay. The first day of school. How exciting. :smallannoyed:

Subject SE23 walks into class. The 14 year old boy has a mostly shaven head. He's dressed in baggy jeans and a blank white tee-shirt with white sneakers on his feet. He seems uncomfortable wearing them. He carries a backpack on one shoulder with essential school stuff. Pencils. Paper. Ect. And he most definitely doesn't have a holstered pistol on his belt. What's that? He does! :smalleek: That's not for school!

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 02:00 PM

Anchor walks into class as well and sets herself in a desk by the windows. Unless there are no windows. The translucent teenage girl adjusts her sunglasses, which she persists in wearing even indoors, and looks to the front of the room.
One of her hands rests on an opaque walking stick, and the other holds a notebook.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-01, 03:00 PM
The dark-clothed boy nods quietly to both newcomers, before crossing his legs in his seat, giving him an odd, perching-like position, his gloved hands taking out his books and stationary.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 04:40 PM

The Admiral checks the clock again. 2 minutes.
Boy time really does go slower in schools. :smallfrown:
There are no windows in this particular classroom.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-01, 04:58 PM
What will we be learning today, sir? The dark-clothed, dark-haired, dark-gloved boy asks, as the lesson's yet to start, his voice lacking in accent, his words quiet.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 05:13 PM
The Admiral blows a puff of smoke after removing his cigar. No I don't know how he does it without lungs. I don't even know how he smokes instead of just letting it sit and smolder. :smallconfused:
"Largely going over how the class works and the various texts required and other administration nonsense. I highly recommend being in your seat when the bell rings though, Mister...?"

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 05:17 PM
[MT class]

SE23 sits down in an untaken seat, looking slightly nervous. The boy looks at his teacher with obvious interest. He was told things would be different in this universe, but a living (er, unliving) skeleton that smokes was something else. :smalleek:

Kaelaroth
2010-09-01, 05:27 PM
My name is Gloom, sir. The boy says, before looking around the room, once, not making a single other sound, before settling, unmoving as he waits for the lesson to begin.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 08:18 PM
D7 makes his way into the classroom, most likely a few seconds after the the class starts... he grins enourmously at the room, as if he knows that you don't know whether or not he knows something you don't know. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 09:32 PM
[MT class]

D7 appears to be on time. Good for him. :smallsmile:

*BRRRRNNNG*

The Admiral straightens slowly from his position on the board, inhaling deeply as he casts a withering gaze around the room. Which is not the same thing as casting a Withering Gaze on the room. A few tense silent seconds later and he begins to bark loudly. In the talking sense. His voice is commanding and resonating.

"ALRIGHT LISTEN UP! I'm going to say this once and only once!" :smallmad:

"I am known as the Admiral. YOU shall call me sir. Have a problem with it? Tough nuts. Punch a pillow at night and pretend it's me. I DON'T CARE."

The Admiral begins pacing the room, looking dead into the eyes of the children as he does so, occasionally taking his cigar into his hand so he can yell better. "Now, you may think you're special. Maybe from where you come from, you're the embodiment of an emotion, or the main protagonist, or an insane time warped clone. Maybe you're even a Magical Princess. You know what? I DON'T CARE."

"Here you are not special. You are not unique. You don't get special privileges and you don't get coddled. Forget what you were back home. Here, you are students. MY students. Don't like it? I DON'T CARE."

"Don't want to be here? Your parents should have filled out your pacifism form when they enrolled you so you can stay at home with your dolls and cry when you stub your toe. But you're here now. And you're here to learn military tactics. Shut up, behave, and do your damn work and you will learn military tactics. Slack off and you'll get flunked HARD. And your parents will come to me, waving your special privileges in my face and I'll laugh. Because I DON'T CARE."

"You will speak only when spoken to. You will raise your hand if you wish to speak during a lecture. You will not chew gum. Your cell phones will be turned off. You will not cheat. You will not disrupt my class with horseplay, talking, passing notes, or anything else I deem unfit. And you will always address me as sir. Failure to follow these rules will result in punishment. I will make you jump jacks in place for the entire class period. I will make you do push ups for the entire class period. AND you'll still be responsible for all the material in class that we do. This is a 90 minute class period. You will get exhausted and you'll probably pass out. I DON'T CARE."

The Admiral pauses here and takes a deep puff on his cigar. "Now some of you I might have to get creative on cause you've got these super-powers. Fine. There are plenty of methods at my disposal. And if you still refuse to behave, I'll have you thrown in the Chamber! Some of you may have heard rumors of the Chamber before coming here. I can tell you right now they're all true and worse. But if you really want to find out for yourself... just try my patience and you can experience it first hand." He blows a smoke cloud.

"HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?!"

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 09:56 PM
[MT Class]

SE23's back gets rigid as the Admiral speaks and his eyes face completely forward. Reflexes.

"Yes, sir!"

Straight from one drill-sergeant to the next. :smallsigh:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 09:58 PM
D7 remains quiet, probably because he's too busy pantomiming chomping on a cigar... :smalltongue:

ApeofLight
2010-09-01, 10:01 PM
[Teacher's Lounge]

And Dr.Rato is in the Teacher's Lounge preparing for the next class. Biology!

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 10:05 PM
STUDENTS
Name of Student: Molly
Name of Parent/Guardian: Dr Ferris Fitzhenry, Research Fellow, Magdalen College, Oxford University
Age of Student: Chronologically, 18 months
Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder): Weekly boarder
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Requires regular winding
Parent/Guardian signature: Dr Ferris Fitzhenry, Research Fellow, Magdalen College, Oxford University

Molly politely raises her hand.

>.< (yes, I'm being naughty by posting before my paperwork is done)

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 10:12 PM
[MT Class]

"You. Stand up. Please." He motions at D7 and makes a lifting gesture with his hand.

Before pointing at Molly. "Yes. What is it?"

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 10:15 PM
[MT Class]

SE23 would sigh in relief that the Admiral hadn't noticed anything wrong with him. But he's too busy not moving at all. Besides breathing of course. But other than basic respiratory functions, SE23 doesn't move.

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 10:17 PM
[MT]

Molly stands up, having gotten confused with the instruction to D7 and the instruction to herself. Those with good hearing might hear the quiet ticking of her clockwork motor. "Sir, I will probably. Need to. Be wound up. Before. Class is. Over."

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d01/2214/0aa8905.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39381188)

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 10:17 PM
D7 stands and salutes enormously. Having spent his entire subjective life on a plane of mind-bending horrors has immunized him to fear, or at least fear on the level the Admiral is attempting to provoke.

D7 turns to Molly. That dress lacks class and you smell bad.

...oh, never mind.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 10:22 PM
[MT Class]

The Admiral takes a large puff of his cigar before blowing it out as he slowly walks over to D7. "Both of you. What's your names?"

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 10:24 PM
[MT]

Meanwhile, there's the sound of pounding feet in the hallway, and a moment later...

...Jamie bursts in!

"I'm on time! I'm on time! I'm...

...not on time..."

She gulps, falls quiet, then tries to sneak to a seat and not make eye contact with anybody. After all, if she doesn't see them, they can't see her, right?

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 10:24 PM
[MT]

"Molly Fitzhenry, Sir." Molly smiles cheerfully and salutes, about as well as you'd expect a little girl with no military training at all to salute.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 10:26 PM
D7 ponders for a moment. Probably easiest if you call me D7, sir. There's an ever so slight hint of sarcasm on that last word.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 10:30 PM
[MT]

"D7. Cute." He goes to put his hand on D7's shoulder and turn to face Jamie as she slinks into class.
Of course, this comes full fledged with the paralyzing touch of a lich with a little energy drain there too.

"Congratulations. We just needed a volunteer. My name is sir. What's yours?"

Molly gets ignored for this post for now.

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 10:30 PM
[MT]

About this time, Molly's player reads the edit to Moff's last post, and her lip starts to wobble. "But it's--" Then she remembers she wasn't supposed to speak until spoken to, and claps her hands over her mouth.

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 10:32 PM
[MT]

SE23 is still still. Huh. Nothing exciting for him to do. :smallannoyed:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 10:33 PM
((Attempts to decide how far to stretch D7's status as an Abomination...))

D7 is paralyzed, but it'll probably wear off sooner than usual.

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 10:33 PM
[MT]

Right. Well, this isn't much worse than how she had to act while a prisoner.
Anchor looks at Molly and D7 out of the corner of her eye, a bit nervous.

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 10:35 PM
[MT]

Jamie gulps again.

"Um. I'm Jamie, sir. Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid," she says, looking up and willing herself not to stay scared. After all, she's fought and defeated Immaculate Monks!

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 10:44 PM
[MT]

Good for D7. It won't last forever then and he'll probably get to go to his next class. Or the one after that. :smalltongue:
Granted The Admiral can end the effects when he chooses, so he won't be held out of any other classes. If he even wants to go to other classes.

"Well Jamie, you missed a lot already. A lot I said I wasn't going to repeat. And I'm not. So I recommend you use some common sense and behave and ask for the cliff note version afterwards."

"But tardiness will not be tolerated. From here on out, you are responsible every day for winding up Molly here at the middle of every class." He motions to Molly.

The Admiral takes another puff on his cigar, the end lighting up bright red. "Now D7 here has given some excellent examples of how NOT to act. He's been rude, snide, and generally mean to others in hopes of being the 'class clown'. A verbal class bully if you would. And frankly I don't like his face." Taking the half finished cigar, he goes to put the lit end in the middle of poor old helpless D7's forehead and twist a couple of times, using him as a cigar tray almost. D7 is still perfectly capable of feeling whatever he normally feels. And even if The Admiral doesn't get through to him, this act should likely get the attention of everyone else.

"I'm not very fond of class bullies."

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 10:48 PM
[MT]

Anchor winces at seeing this. She really doesn't fire.

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 10:49 PM
[MT]

SE23 is still... still. The rigid boy watches the Admiral out of the corner of his eye. Ouch. Cigar to the forehead. He remembers those. :smalleek: SE23 wonders when the class is going to actually start. In his head, of course. Wait, can the Admiral read minds?! He was a skeleton, maybe he could read minds too. If so, flying carp! :smalleek:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 10:50 PM
As the Admiral attempts to use D7 as an ash tray, the kid appears to teleport back a few feet, unfrozen. He's fairly shocked, to say the least... What the- He glares at the Admiral as if he's studdied the art for centuries. Hardly cool. He attempts to return to his seat.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 10:54 PM
[MT]

The Admiral tilts his head.
"Hardly."
Then holds out the cigar to D7.
"Which is why you're going to do it yourself. You can either put out the cigar using your forehead or you can report to the principal's office. I don't really care which. I'm here to teach those who want to learn, not goof off. Or... I suppose you could always apologize."

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 10:57 PM
[MT]

"Yes, sir," Jamie says, nodding. "I'm sorry, sir, it won't happen again."

She looks over at Allie instead of watching the demonstration with D7 though, and gives her friend an encouraging -if very small-smile.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 10:58 PM
D7 will yank the cigar out of the Admirals hand, and essentially, smoosh it into his forehead. His other hand balls into a fist, and his jaw clenches, but he doesn't make a noise. He brushes the ash from his face and sits down, a large and extremely painful looking burn on his forehead. The Admiral has earned his respect, and D7 sits with the posture of a superior humoring an employee.

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 11:01 PM
Molly sits down again, still keeping her mouth covered, tears of fine-grade machine oil leaking from her eyes.

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 11:01 PM
Anchor nods really quickly to Jamie, and then goes back to looknig at the intimidating skeleton teacher.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 11:05 PM
[MT]

"Hmm... very well." The Admiral pulls out another cigar and lights it as he turns to Molly. "Remind Jamie whenever winding necessary, but try to be quiet about it. Also your dress is very pretty."

He nods to Jamie. He knows it won't happen again.

The Admiral walks back to the board and picks up a piece of chalk to start writing on it, listing books. "Now we're going to be studying from a number of texts this year. Most extensively perhaps is Sun Tzu's The Art of War so I recommend getting it at a bookstore or ordering it online before the end of the week...."

The introduction lesson continues until class ends. Books are listed and office hours are given. Students may now move on.
((deadtime))

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 11:07 PM
((Any other teachers want to take next, or shall Ilyena?))

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 11:08 PM
[MT]

Jamie sits as well, and listens to the class.

Since she's already read her dad's copy of The Art of War backwards and forwards and considers it light reading by now, she figures she's set. :smalltongue:

She feels bad for Molly, though, and plans to befriend the poor wind-up girl really quickly, and introduce her to Allie too.

Maybe Molly can join our team!

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 11:08 PM
((Any other teachers want to take next, or shall Ilyena?))

Give em time to go to their lockers man! :smalleek:
Granted, schools never gave enough time for that ever, so it'd be realistic. :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2010-09-01, 11:09 PM
Molly cries quietly through most of the class, getting wound back up when necessary. Then she deadtimes as her player returns to being grounded. :smallyuk:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 11:11 PM
:smalltongue:

The next period should begin in ten minutes or so, in Ilyena's classroom. When they enter, they'll see the tall, dreadlocked half-elf tapping away on his laptop. Written on the chalkboard, in large letters:
THINGS YOU'LL NEED TO UNDERSTAND TO USE MAGIC

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 11:13 PM
[MT]

Huh? SE23 blinks. He'd never heard of The Art of War before, and Sun Tzu was a funny sounding name. Everything was different in these crazy other universes. :smallannoyed:

SE23 writes down everything, everything, the Admiral says after the first lesson officially begins. His handwriting is really small and blocky to get a lot of words on each page of his notebook. And its in the cross-universal language of English Eagleish. SE23 checks his schedule to see what class he has next. Err, Ilyena's magic class. He hurries over and sits down in a seat. He'll copy down everything the teacher says that pertains to the lesson, but has to deadtime.

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 11:14 PM
Anchor walks along with Jamie to the next class, as well as she can. "Is that Molly girl going to be okay, do you think?" she asks, wondering where she'll get a copy of that book.

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 11:25 PM
Jamie winds up Molly with a friendly smile each time, whispering quietly. "Hey. It'll be alright, alright? And maybe we can be friends too?" before returning to her seat.

...walking to the next class, she smiles at Anchor. [size=1]"I hope so. I think she's nice. Maybe we can talk to her after school, get to know her better? Oh, it's great to see you here too, Allie. I think Nimai and Mara are here somewhere, too."

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 11:27 PM
"I know! I was so mad when Dad dropped me off here, but if you're around that'll be alright. And I can probably escape if I need to."
Anchor walks into the class and laughs. "Like we don't understand it already?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 11:32 PM
Ilyena finishes with his computer, and once there seem to be a decent amount of people in the classroom, he'll stand up. Hello, welcome to Basic magicall theory. My name is proffessor, and my assistant is an artificial intelligence by the name of Askepios. Say hello to everyone, Askepios. Askepios materializes, in the form of a parrot, that lands on Ilyena's desk. Hello, everyone. Askepios is, essentially, omnipresent within PACK. If you have any problems, need to talk to someone, if you need supplies, Askepios can help you.

Ilyena walks over to the blackboard. Onto the business at hand: magic. I use the term "magic" to define every form of suppernatural activity, including arcane and divine magic, psionics, truenaming... Ilyena pulls a face at that one. ...et cetera. I hardly expect any of you to understand these topics thouroughly; this class is designed to teach you about the ways a being can access these power sources. Now, does anyone have any expirience with any varieties of magic?

--

D7 is in attendance, physically if not mentally... :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 11:32 PM
Jamie blushes a little at Allie's statement. "Awww, thanks. And you know, I feel the same way with you around."

She giggles - then giggles some more, nodding in complete agreement with her friend, as she slips into a seat. [size=1]"Yah, really! Maybe we can make snarky comments whenever we know more?"

...Tobias, if he were present, would clearly take the role of Crow T. Robot. :smalltongue:

And hearing the teacher's question, her arm shoots up in the air.

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 11:38 PM
Anchor lazily raises her hand as well, looking expectantly at the teacher. Taking him seriously. How foolish of her.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 11:41 PM
Ilyena nods to each one in turn, inviting them to speak.

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 11:45 PM
"Hello, I'm Jamie, and I'm a Magical Girl."
"HI JAMIE."

Jamie stands, perfectly straight, and smiling.
"My parents are both skilled with magic - and mom is a telepath, too. I inherited their abilities, and also have some of their own, sir," she says, before her courage runs out, she blushes, and quickly drops back into her seat.

((And I must be off. G'nite.))

Recaiden
2010-09-01, 11:53 PM
"Just a bit of general supernatural things. Interdimensional things, music spells." Anchor says, standing only briefly, and then going back to sitting and hovering.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-01, 11:53 PM
((Nighty night :smallsmile:))

Ilyena smiles. Telepathy is a damn useful skill, and one of your assignments this year is going to be the optimization of a telepathy spell. True telepathy, the ability to communicate instantly with anyone or anything regardless of language and location, is much harder than it sounds. Anyhow, even for those of you with preexisting magical knowledge, do you know how to safeguard your spells against a psion attempting to effect it? Or duplicate a spell with psionics, arcane magic, and shadow magic to prevent it from being dispelled? Now, before I get into details, here are the premises that you'll need to understand...

((I'm not going to go into further detail for two reasons. One, because I'm not talented enough to come up with the rules for an entirely new system of magic, and two, because I'm the goddam Moff Chumley and if you thought I was gonna actually do something thouroughly you've got another thing coming. :smalltongue:))

FireFox
2010-09-02, 07:03 AM
All this time I've been too busy to play her, Aurea has been out collecting books and preparing a curriculum. So she's in the faculty lounge right now, working on that in deadtime.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-02, 09:56 AM
Having been ever so quiet, Gloom sits through this lesson, too. He takes notes, occasionally, and answers questions, if asked, but his main priority appears to be fiddling with his gloves, and doodling.

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 10:19 AM
[Basic Magic Theory]

SE23 stays silent and once again copies every word the teacher says down in his notebook. He underlines some parts. How exciting.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 01:22 PM
[Bacon, Mayo and Tomato...er, Basic Magic Theory]

...most of Ilyena's lecture goes over Jamie's head. Since she (a) has true telepathy, and (b) doesn't care much how magic works as long as it...well...works.

But she does listen and nod in feigned comprehension at the appropropriate places. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-02, 06:58 PM
[Magic Theory Class]

Molly finds this class incredibly boring and tedious. The last class with the mean skeleton was scary, but it was also kind of cool. This was just too hard. None of it made any sense. So she didn't raise her hand when she felt her clockwork tick down. About halfway through class, the low ticking coming from her clockwork mechanisms ceases and she slumps over.

[Elsewhere]

Decker is enrolled without revealing her true identity.

Name of Student: Lady Deckaros of the Sixth Circle, Marchesa of War Decker
Name of Parent/Guardian: General Baalthezar of the Sixth Circle Zar
Additional Guardians: Darkcomet and KR of Watchtower
Age of Student: 10
Type of Student (Day/Weekly Boarder/Full Boarder): Weekly Boarder
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): I do not consent for my daughter to be taught by or housed with abyssal scum of any sort.
Parent/Guardian signature: Baalthezar Zar

Decker, who was totally in the Admiral's class yesterday, looks over her syllabus to see if he has office hours.

Reinholdt
2010-09-02, 07:04 PM
[Admiral's Quarters]

The Admiral does indeed have office hours. They consist of all hours that he's in the office! Since that's conveniently vague, they consist of all hours he's not in class, hitting on another teacher, working with the ROTC or the Band, or out in the world generally doing evil things like... try to find his sword or hook a dinosaur on smoking. Cause he's got MAJOR evil plans that are going somewhere. Ish. Kinda. Ok, not really, but he does at least have goals for his unlife, so that's something.

The point is, he's awake like all the time so getting in some time to see him should be pretty easy. And the name Office has been scratched out and replaced with Quarters. Because the Admiral breaks half the rules he enforces so well.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 07:04 PM
((Sorry I didn't get to finish last night...)) (http://danieldickey.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/thats-what-she-said2.jpg)

Ilyena remains oblivious to any boredom occuring in his classroom. He's cut off in mid-lecture by the bell, and he doesn't assign any reading or homework...

happyturtle
2010-09-02, 07:07 PM
[Admiral's Quarters]

Decker knocks on the door.

[Magic Theory]

The flaw in Molly's clever plan to sleep through class is that she has no way to regain consciousness to go to her next class unless someone else winds her up.

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 07:09 PM
((Sorry I didn't get to finish last night...)) (http://danieldickey.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/thats-what-she-said2.jpg)

Ilyena remains oblivious to any boredom occuring in his classroom. He's cut off in mid-lecture by the bell, and he doesn't assign any reading or homework...

Zing! :smallamused:

[Magic Theory]

SE23 gets up as the bell rings. He glances around and notices Molly. He walks over and winds her up.

"Where's Jamie? Isn't she supposed to do that?" :smallannoyed:

ApeofLight
2010-09-02, 07:09 PM
[Next Class: Biology, Dr.Rato/Right after this Meal brake]

Dr.Rato is in his classroom setting up for his biology class.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 07:10 PM
[Magic Theory]

Upon noticing that Molly remains in her seat after class, Ilyena summons a paper airplane and shoots it at her. This, presumably, having no effect, Ilyena asks Askepios to figure out what's wrong with her. Askepios, of course, has the student profiles memorized, so she winds Molly up. ((Ninja'd by Rot. Disregard this post.))

--

D7 makes his way to Bio, and promptly falls asleep.

Reinholdt
2010-09-02, 07:12 PM
[Admiral's Quarters]

"Come in."
If Decker does so, she'll see The Admiral sitting on his desk, still dressed up in his regal-esque clothes and hat, still smoking, like always. With a guitar in hand and strumming a few cords as he looks next to him at the papers on the desk detailing today's music lesson. Course he stops looking at them and looks up when Decker comes in, and motions to one of the two seats in front of his desk.

The place still has a few boxes and stuff still packed with various things the Admiral no doubt intends to put up. There's a ship in a bottle already out though!
All things considered, it's pretty nice compared to the teacher's offices I remember in college.

ApeofLight
2010-09-02, 07:16 PM
[Next Class: Biology, Dr.Rato/Right after this Meal brake]

Dr.Rato is in his classroom setting up for his biology class.

[Magic Theory]

Upon noticing that Molly remains in her seat after class, Ilyena summons a paper airplane and shoots it at her. This, presumably, having no effect, Ilyena asks Askepios to figure out what's wrong with her. Askepios, of course, has the student profiles memorized, so she winds Molly up. ((Ninja'd by Rot. Disregard this post.))

--

D7 makes his way to Bio, and promptly falls asleep.

D7 has a full hour for lunch until Biology starts, silly Moff.

happyturtle
2010-09-02, 07:17 PM
[Admiral's quarters]

Decker comes in and sits down. In a chair even. Good gods, what's gotten into her? :smalleek: "I had a question about the assigned textbooks, Sir."

[BMT]

"I don't. Know. Maybe the stoptime. Ooze got. Her?" Molly says. "Did I. Miss Biology?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 07:21 PM
D7 has a full hour for lunch until Biology starts, silly Moff.

Fine. :smalltongue:

D7 doesn't eat during lunch, and more or less sits alone...

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 07:22 PM
[BMT]

"I don't. Know. Maybe the stoptime. Ooze got. Her?" Molly says. "Did I. Miss Biology?"

[BMT]

"The Deadtime Ooze? Maybe... No, we still have an hour for lunch.

What do you eat? I've never met a... clockwork person."

SE23 wonders if there's a cafeteria or if you just eat wherever. TELL US MAGICAL PEOPLE BEHIND THE SCREENS!

Reinholdt
2010-09-02, 07:23 PM
[Admiral's quarters]

Decker comes in and sits down. In a chair even. Good gods, what's gotten into her? :smalleek: "I had a question about the assigned textbooks, Sir."

"Ah. Umm... Decker was it?" He knows, cause he totally called roll yesterday during the deadtime. >>

He hops down and goes to put his guitar up.
"What's the question?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 07:25 PM
As established in the OoC thread, the first person to ask makes it up, more or less...

Let's say there's a cafeteria in the middle of the school? Several long wooden tables, some form of kitchen? If I'm doing this wrong, let me know...

happyturtle
2010-09-02, 07:32 PM
[Place of Fewds]

*hereby decrees that the eating place looks like the workhouse in Oliver Twist, and no, you cannot have some moar!*

http://i2.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens2058543module109308741photo_1278488358di ckens-oliver-twist.jpg

http://mhpbooks.com/mobylives/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/oliver460.jpg

Either that, or like the Hogwarts great hall.

http://www.freewebs.com/1hpfc/Great%20Hall.png

Vote!

[Admiral's Office]

"Are these the only books we're going to use? All semester?" :smallconfused:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 07:34 PM
[PoF]

Erm, I vote the second one... :smallwink:

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 07:37 PM
[Establishment of Vittles]

Like Hogwartz!

And answer SE23 Happy. :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2010-09-02, 07:38 PM
Considering that I already consider this place Hogwarts, I'll have to go with number 2.

[Admiral's Office]
The Admiral chuckles and shakes his head as he takes a seat.
"Are ten books not enough for you? Do you read particularly fast? I can assign some extra reading if you're interested."

"But to answer your question directly, yes those are the only books we'll look at for this semester. Hardly the only source materials mind you. Trust me, you can't learn all your tactics from books and theorems. It just doesn't work." He pulls out another cigar and lights it with his first one before putting the first one out.

happyturtle
2010-09-02, 07:44 PM
[Fewd Place]

Hey! I was waiting until I knew where she was before I answered.

"I don't eat. I have to be oiled though." Then she walks inside and her eyes light up. "Ooooooh! Pretty!"

[Admiral's Office]

"I don't read fast, Sir, I just read most of these already." Then he goes on to the next part about not learning everything from books. "Oooh, are we going to have wargames, Sir?"

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 07:49 PM
[EoV]

"Huh."

SE23 walks into the Establishment of Vittles. He looks around with amazement.

"Wow... I've never seen anyplace like this before..."

The boy walks over to the first table and sits down. Magically a cheese pizza appears on the plate in front of him.

"Oh... This place is gunna be awesome."

Yay Hogwartz!

Reinholdt
2010-09-02, 07:50 PM
[Admiral's Office]

The Admiral chuckles. He'd probably grin right here if he wasn't always kinda grinning. Skeleton.
"Well... I don't want to spoil the surprise."
He looks around in a conspiracy-like manner before taking his cigar out of his mouth and leaning forward, motioning for Decker to the same and likely getting a bit of smoke in her face as he speaks. She's probably used to it though. Hell and all.

"But between you and me, you may want to get your own personal, customized, tricked-out paint gun by Friday." Get you an advantage over the others who are stuck with the basic models.

happyturtle
2010-09-02, 08:00 PM
[Admiral's Office]

Yeah, cigars are smelly, but I have to imagine the burning souls of the damned are stinkier. Besides, it's Decker. :smalltongue:

"Awesome! :biggrin: ... Sir." She belatedly remembers to add.

Of course she already has an advantage in having been read Sun Tzu instead of Doctor Seuss from the cradle. She'll definitely be among the top students in the class, unless there are any odd surprises.

Poor Molly will be at the bottom. She'll do fine at memorizing and repeating data, but actually applying it in any meaningful way is way out of her capability. Of course it's ridiculous putting so many kids of different ages and abilities in the same classroom, but sensibly segregated classes would leave us all with nobody to roleplay with. :smalltongue:

[EoV]

And speaking of Molly, she has to go back to the dorms to apply her machine oil, since it requires her taking off her clothes - a thing she knows she isn't supposed to do in front of boys! But for now, she's twirling and dancing around the Great Hall EoV.

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 08:06 PM
[Establishment of Vittles] Totally the best name!

What kind of thoughts are those! She's a robit! I'm sure no one would even think of that! Except maybe the Moff. :smallyuk:

SE23 eats pizza. Yum! He watches Molly dance with vague interest.

Decker might be the best in the class until SE23 nails her in the back of the head with a paint ball from 20 yards. :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2010-09-02, 08:09 PM
[Admiral's Office]

I imagine the Admiral would be interested. He's creepy like that. But it's just cause he's always stuck on look, don't touch. ALWAYS. :smallmad:

Oh there's no need to worry about the segregation. There'll be... some equalizing factors. Impossible to fully do of course, but there'll be a few.

He leans back and replaces the cigar in its proper place.
"Now do you have any more questions? You spend all your time here and you'll miss out on lunch."

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 08:11 PM
[Establishment of Vittles] Totally the best name!

What kind of thoughts are those! She's a robit! I'm sure no one would even think of that! Except maybe the Moff. :smallyuk:

The Moff is gay, dearie. :smallsmile:

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 08:15 PM
The Moff is gay, dearie. :smallsmile:

Except maybe the Moff. :smallannoyed:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 08:18 PM
Ah no. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-02, 08:22 PM
[Admiral's Office]

The class is Military Tactics, not Marksmanship. Decker will do just fine. :smallamused:

"No more questions for now, Sir. Thank you, Sir." And Decker scampers off to lunch.

[EoV]

*smacks people making rude comments*

Molly doesn't have any idea why she's not supposed to undress around boys, she just knows it's one of The Rules, like saying Sir and Ma'am to adults, and not telling lies, and stuff.

((deadtime))

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 08:22 PM
Ah no. :smalltongue:

Except maybe the Moff. :smallannoyed:

Hmph. :smallsigh:

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 09:02 PM
[EoV]

The deadtime-zombie-ooze finally lets go of Jamie, and she blinks.

"Oh, no! I was supposed to -"

Oh hey, she's followed the herd. And there's Molly, right there, dancing.

Jamie shakes her head. "Molly? Sorry..." she calls, blushing. "I'll do better, I promise!"

...oh, hey, is that pizza?!

She tries to yoink a slice from SE23's plate.

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 09:11 PM
[EoV]

A slice of SE23's pizza is yoinked! The boy looks hurt. :smallfrown:

"Why would you do that? The food is magicked here, you can have anything you want..."

He sure hopes this isn't one of those "bullies". He wouldn't want to have to use his gun on the first day!

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 09:24 PM
[EoV]

"...oh, it is?" Jamie says.
Returning the pizza.
"...sorry. :smallfrown: Um, I'm Jamie. Jamie Misaki Catherine Druid. Who are you?"

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 09:27 PM
[EoV]

"Umm... I'm designated as Ess-Eee twenty three.

Just call me Wally."

SE23 wipes pizza grease off his hand onto a handkerchief and presents the clean hand for shaking. He's polite! :smallbiggrin: He also has a holstered gun on his belt. Jamie might notice that. Maybe.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 09:56 PM
[EoV]

"Oh. That's an odd name. But it's nice to meet you Wally."
Jamie doesn't notice at all, as she takes the hand and shakes it, surprisingly firmly.
"So, what are you good at?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 09:59 PM
[EoV]

D7 is still sitting alone, in the back, flipping around a butterfly knife.

...what? He's a clone of The Moff, ain't he?

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 10:01 PM
[EoV]

SE23 shakes her hand.

"Uh, I dunno. I can shoot stuff. And, of course, I manifest arcane magical powers. Mainly the reason I was sent here. They ain't too keen on the arcane where I come from."

Yay! He's a sorcerer! Of course, he gained sorcerer powers from experiments, radiation and stuff. But that's just backstory! No real horrific and traumatic events that had to be forcefully forgotten to retain sanity! :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 10:10 PM
[EoV]

So...he's not BR, then? :smalltongue:

"Oh. My mom and dad said I should come and learn stuff and get to know people. I already have a pretty good grip on my own magical powers," Jamie says, smiling. "Some of my friends are coming here, too."

Recaiden
2010-09-02, 10:18 PM
[EoV]

Anchor pops up and looks at all the other tasty, tasty students.

"I never figured you for the bully stealing lunches, Jamie." The ghostly girl waves at SE 22.

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 10:18 PM
[EoV]

So...he's not BR, then? :smalltongue:

"Oh. My mom and dad said I should come and learn stuff and get to know people. I already have a pretty good grip on my own magical powers," Jamie says, smiling. "Some of my friends are coming here, too."

Ah-ah, but wait, there's more! Here's the clincher: To make him unique, he comes from a universe where the human nations are ruled by animal gods! So his ruler is a giant and superpowered bald eagle! And Canada worships a beaver! :smalltongue: If someone already did that, I'm going to cry myself to sleep... :smallfrown:

"Oh. My friends probably won't be coming. So I'm making new ones."

SE23 would add "like you!", but that would appear kinda sad and desperate. Also: the radiation probably killed all his friends. But who'd tell him that?

Editz for ninjaghost: SE23 waves at Anchor. Hi there!

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 10:29 PM
[EoV]

Unlike the Space Rhinos, I don't think that's been done. :smalltongue:

Jamie blushes at hearing Anchor's comment. "...I'm never going to live that down, am I?" she asks, burying her face in her hands. "I thought it was everybody's pizza!"
Giggling nervously, she smiles, and looks up. "Well, you're pretty cool," she says to SE 23.

"...for a boy. And this is Allie! Allie, meet Wally."

Recaiden
2010-09-02, 10:32 PM
[EoV]

"Hi!" Anchor smiles brightly at SE23 and tries to pat Jamie on the back and have her own lunch. Embarrassment is so delicious. Only rage and love and despair are tastier.
"No, I don't think you are."

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 10:36 PM
[EoV]

"Thanks... I guess... Don't worry about the pizza. You can have a slice if you want to."

SE23 :smallconfused:'s at the 'for a boy' part. Sexism hasn't come up in his life before. The boy shrugs and turns to Anchor./Allie?

"Pleased to meet you Allie, I'm designated subject Ess-Eee twenty three, but you should just call me Wally."

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 10:47 PM
[EoV]

Jamie, remember, is twelve(ish).
All boys are ICKY.
(Except Kevin.)

"Aww, thanks," Jamie says to Wally, snagging the slice of pizza again. As her back is patted. And Jamie giggles, feeling a bit less embarassed now for some reason. :smalltongue: "And I'll just have to find something to tease you about," she tells Allie, sticking her tongue out at her.

VampireRot
2010-09-02, 10:51 PM
[EoV]

[EoV]

Jamie, remember, is twelve(ish).
All boys are ICKY.
(Except Kevin.)

"Aww, thanks," Jamie says to Wally, snagging the slice of pizza again. As her back is patted. And Jamie giggles, feeling a bit less embarassed now for some reason. :smalltongue: "And I'll just have to find something to tease you about," she tells Allie, sticking her tongue out at her.

I understand the cooties thing. SE23 doesn't though. :smalltongue: He's a clueless super-soldier in training.

The boy smiles at his newfound friends. And bites a piece of pizza.

"Mmmm... This is good. Do you want some?"

SE23 looks at Anchor/Allie questioningly.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-02, 10:53 PM
D7 is thouroughly bored by everyone else. He's still sitting alone, in the back, not eating, flipping around a knife, wearing a metal t-shirt.

To some people, this would be concerning. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-09-02, 10:58 PM
[EoV]

Allie, being three years subjectively older than her friend, and not from here anyway, has no such problems.

"No thank you. I can't eat material food. And Jamie, I never do anything wrong though. Whatever would you find?" She grins at them both.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 11:07 PM
[EoV]

"Oh, if I can't find anything, I'm sure my dad could," Jamie says, grinning back as she noms the pizza happily. "And failing that...well...um...I guess I won't find anyhting?"

Recaiden
2010-09-02, 11:13 PM
[EoV]

"Nothing to find." Anchor winks and deadtimes.

The Bushranger
2010-09-02, 11:23 PM
[EoV]

Jamie giggles...then sets about finising her slice of pizza.

billtodamax
2010-09-03, 05:16 AM
D7 is thouroughly bored by everyone else. He's still sitting alone, in the back, not eating, flipping around a knife, wearing a metal t-shirt.

To some people, this would be concerning. :smalltongue:

Hey Kid, you gonna eat or what? John Johnson says, glaring at D7. He wouldn't care, normally, but he'd been told he had to stop the kids from starving. He didn't see the point. One less of the little buggers.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-03, 05:25 AM
Gloom feeds quietly, and watches Johnson with interest.

billtodamax
2010-09-03, 05:34 AM
Johnson eyes Gloom back, frowning.
What's up with you? He says, very suspicious.
Actually, it'd probably be simpler to say when he wasn't suspicious of the children and most of the teachers at this school.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-03, 05:36 AM
You never seem very happy to be here, sir. The words come out drily, with the minimum amount of respect required to make them sound vaguely since, from Gloom's mouth, his huge dark eyes intense as they stare at Johnson. You're less than kind to students every year, I'd say, sir, wouldn't you? So why are you here?

billtodamax
2010-09-03, 05:42 AM
I wouldn't think that's your business. He says, with a glare. The pay's good, and, despite appearances, I enjoy my job. He says, with the unspoken insinuation that he'd rather die than see these little freaks out in the world, causing more damage than they should.

He doesn't seem unnerved by the stare, although that's perhaps because he's not very intelligent.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-03, 05:43 AM
Ah, well, then, sir, plaster a smile on your face. It's probably good for the temperament. Gloom says, voice lacking in much emotion, returning his attention to his food.

billtodamax
2010-09-03, 05:49 AM
Wishing to punish Gloom somehow, but unable to come up with any reason he should be punished, John settles for generic aggresion.

Don't back-chat. He says, with a generic snarl on his face. It is distinctly not a smile.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-03, 06:13 AM
Gloom merely smiles back, toying with his food as he does so.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-03, 07:37 AM
((What's in your hand? Back at me. I got it! Two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now a finely crafted link to the newly updated OP (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9240813#post9240813)! Anything is possible when your OP is updated by Kid Kris and not a spambot. I'm on an electron.))

Sometime during classtime, a package will find itself impeccably delivered to every student's locker. The package contains two things. Thing number one being a letter:

Fencing Lessons start on Saturday, students! Come on time, and dressed appropriately.

-Metta Kampilan
Headteacher
The second object is some sort of padded one-piece outfit in Light Steel Blue (for boys) or Pale Violet Red (for girls), fitted with straps for sizing, and is presumably the clothing Kampilan classifies as 'appropriate dress'. Also included is a plastic-faced mask.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 11:23 AM
Finishing her meal, meanwhile, Jamie checks her schedule to find out what the next class is.

((Happy: You have full permission to godmod Jamie if Molly needs winding when I'm not around. :smallsmile:))

VampireRot
2010-09-03, 11:37 AM
[EoV]

SE23 finishes his pizza.

"We have biology next. With... 'Dr. Rato'."

The boy then goes to his locker to get the package. He raises an eyebrow. Fencing lessons? What was the point of that? Guns do exist in this universe, right? :smallannoyed: SE23 sighs and puts it back. Then he's off to biology!

Moff Chumley
2010-09-03, 06:06 PM
Hey Kid, you gonna eat or what? John Johnson says, glaring at D7. He wouldn't care, normally, but he'd been told he had to stop the kids from starving. He didn't see the point. One less of the little buggers.

D7 glares and mutters something to the effect of don't eat.

After lunch he'll show up at Rato's class, and attempt to get some shut-eye.

ApeofLight
2010-09-03, 06:45 PM
[Bell Ringing!/Biology Class]

Biology class is now starting! And Dr.Rato is calling roll! Hurry hurry hurry to class!

Also up on the blackboard is written Biology and Dr.Rato. The desks are set up as loose chairs in twos set up along long desks. If that makes any sense.

VampireRot
2010-09-03, 06:48 PM
[Biology]

SE23 gets inside the class right as the bell rings. Like, exactly when the bell rings. He sits down in one of the chairs. And takes out his notebook and pen.

UncleWolf
2010-09-03, 08:07 PM
[Molly's Room]

A figure steps out of the shadows and sets something on her bed before vanishing just the way it came. On her bed, rests two objects, a small police badge made of brass plate, bolted together and with a strong magnet on the back, Molly's name written on the front. The other object, is a small note.

"Cheer up Molly. I'll see you this weekend, I promise. Maybe I'll have a little dress for you to match that badge.

~J.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 09:28 PM
[Biology]

Jamie hurries into the classroom as the bell rings, looking around for her friends as she settles into a seat. Fully prepared to dissect frogs, and whatnot.

After all, her daddy is a druid. :smallwink:

Recaiden
2010-09-03, 09:42 PM
[Bio]

Anchor comes in and takes the seat next to Jamie. Living things. Might be interesting.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 09:42 PM
[Bio 101?]

"So...how good are you at biology? Jamie whispers to Anchor as they wait for the class to start.

Recaiden
2010-09-03, 09:45 PM
[It starts at 106 around here. I think.]

"Umm...not?" Anchor gives her friend a nervous laugh.

ApeofLight
2010-09-03, 09:49 PM
[Biology 001:smalltongue:]

Dr.Rato waits for the tardy bell to ring before starting. " Alright, first lets begin with roll call. Alright let's see say here when you hear your name. " Dr.Rato looks down at the roll and starts to list off names.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 09:57 PM
[Biology 007 :smallwink:]

Jamie giggles a bit. "Don't worry, I'll help however I can, alright?" she whispers to Allie.

...then when her name is called, her hand shoots up. "Present!"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-03, 10:00 PM
D7 mumbles something to the effect of Rude... I'mma tryin' to sleep...

Some poeple. :smallannoyed:

VampireRot
2010-09-03, 10:01 PM
[Biology]

When SE23's designation is called, he raises his hand.

"Here."

Then lowers it.

Recaiden
2010-09-03, 10:05 PM
Anchor raises her hand when called.
"Here."

ApeofLight
2010-09-03, 10:26 PM
[Biology]

And when we come to D7 and his dismissive attitude Dr.Rato comes over to where's he's sitting and slaps down a ruler right in front of his sleeping face. " Septmus was it? Or do you go by D7? Listen and listen well. " Dr.Rato says bending down so he can look the boy in the eyes.

" There are three ways this can go. One, is you decide to come to my class to learn and you pay attention and do the work. Two, you come to this class and slack off and I personally see to it that you learn all the class material plus how to name every known plant and animal by it's scientific name on sight. Three you leave this class now and never take any of my classes until you are ready to participate in the learning experience. " Dr.Rato then goes back to the front of the class.

" That extends to everyone. If you don't really want to be here or your not very good at science or anything like that I'm sorry. If you participate and do all the required work you'll find I'm a nice and very understanding teacher. However, if you just come into the class and try to slide by or sleep then I suggest you leave now. I love science and I hope you will come to love it too, but if you don't come to class prepared and with a decent attitude then this class will not be fun or educational at all. I want it to be both fun and educational but that mainly depends on you the students. Now where was I on the roll. " He says and continues to take roll until he gets everybody.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-03, 10:29 PM
D7 decides not to push his luck; doing what people tell him to do is no fun, but neither is listening to them shouting... so he half watches, half glares at Rato for the rest of the class. Out of spite, he'll absorb everything the guy says, in case he's tested...

happyturtle
2010-09-04, 04:43 AM
[Girl's Quarters]

Molly goes to her room to oil herself, and discovers the note and badge from Jeremy.

When she finishes and heads to class, she has the badge on her shoulder, stuck on magnetically.

[Biology 101]

Molly and Decker are both in attendance. Molly, who only has the form of a human without the internal organs or physical processes, starts out rather behind. Most children have at least experienced upset tummies or sore throats, and so have a fairly vague idea of stuff that goes on inside a person.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-04, 06:04 AM
[Biology]

Gloom pays little to no attention to the teacher, and instead passes a scrumpled up little note on torn up black paper, upon which a smile's haphazardly drawn, to Molly, who seemingly sits near by. His black gloves are clumsy, and his head is kept down as he hums a tune from long ago, perhaps to drown out the noise of the teacher.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-04, 10:58 AM
Oh look, a latecomer (:smallfurious:), opening the door mid-lesson and poking their head in to see whether they've got the right room, before stepping into the class in progress! A small boy, perhaps 11 years of age, with excessively pale skin (one could almost consider it dead looking) and an unruly mop of black hair, flat cap perched on to like a nesting bird. He's wearing fine clothes in various conservative shades of grey, heavy jackets and other clothes for the winter and cold, including a thick scarf, wrapped around his neck and the lower half of his face, above which his lantern eyes, round, large and glowing a pale, eldritch green peer nervously at Dr. Rato.

[B]Name of Student: Orson Reinholdt Loveless
Name of Parent/Guardian: Lucy Loveless
Age of Student: Three weeks
Important Information: Is a mute. Please keep him away from excessive sunlight, holy magic, unholy magic (both infernal and abyssal) light magic, binding magic, necromancy, anti-necromancy, or nature magic. He's a very frail boy, and should only eat what I detailed in the letter I sent 01-09-2010.His religious symbol not to be removed under any circumstances.
Parent/Guardian Signature: Lucy Loveless, Lady of Necrimorta

Kaelaroth
2010-09-04, 11:16 AM
Gloom vaguely waves at the newcomer, smiling slightly, the older boy asserting himself, perhaps.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-04, 11:26 AM
Young Orson looks timidly at Gloom. Perhaps he's smiling back, but the scarf prevents view of his mouth. If he even has one. Perhaps that's why he's mute?He hands Dr. Rato a note from the headteacher explaining away his lateness as due to him only just being accepted to the school, and assuming the Dr. Let's him, looks for a seat.

ApeofLight
2010-09-04, 01:04 PM
[Biology]

Dr.Rato is explaining the course and how it's going go for the year. He also handed out a syllabus and when Orson comes in late Dr.Rato smiles at the boy and reads the note.

" Alright then, welcome Orson. Just take a seat anywhere. Now, as I was saying fifteen percent of your grade is attendance and participation in class, another fifteen is the labs we will be doing in class, ten percent is assignments we will be doing in class, twenty will be homework and the last forty percent will be tests, quizzes and your final exam. " He then goes onto more detail to explain the grading he will be doing and how strict(or lack of strictness) he will be with the grades.

No assigned seating for the first few days of class and may keep it that way depending on student behavior, and the class outline. It seems like the class will start with a lesson or two in basic chemistry and then they will work there way up to organisms and ecosystems at the end of the year.

And that's when class ends. When the bell rings Dr.Rato dismisses the class except for..." Gloom, D7, stay for a minute after class would you please. " Dr.Rato says going over to his desk and taking a seat.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-04, 01:05 PM
Gloom wanders down towards the teacher, staring at him with his huge dark eyes, his age hard to guess.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-04, 01:11 PM
D7 sighs enourmously and wanders down to Rato's desk. He doesn't sit.

ApeofLight
2010-09-04, 01:21 PM
Dr.Rato looks at both of the boys with a somewhat thoughtful look and what seems to be sternness as well.

Dr.Rato sighs and folds his arms in front of himself. " Boys, I meant everything I said earlier. If you don't want to be here but you have to be I'm sorry, but I still expect you both to come to class and pay attention. I want to make this class as fun and painless as possible for the students that want to be here or at least are trying to learn. If neither of you are those types of students then I suggest you transfer out as soon as possible. Now if you ever want to talk to me or have any questions you can talk to me before or after class. If you have anything to say to me about what I've told you I suggest you say it now, otherwise go to your next class alright? "

Moff Chumley
2010-09-04, 01:25 PM
D7 leaves, wordlessly.

Oxygen
2010-09-04, 05:02 PM
A black portal, seven feet in diameter opens up in front of the school and a tall, lean, unshaven man in a shabby suit and a dirty lab coat walks strides out of it. He remarks to himself,

Woah, a school. I haven't seen one of these since, like...school.

The Doc stands there staring into space for three minutes, and suddenly regains consciousness, saying

Oh right, a job. So who do I talk to to get a job around here. I am definitely a legitimate doctor by the way.

Name:Doctor Marone
Subject(s): Doctoring, Doctor like activities, "chemistry"
Other Expertise: Being a doctor
Important Information: I AM A DOCTOR
Signature: Doctor

The Doc makes a paper airplane out of his application and throws it skillfully so that it flies through an open window, down the hallway, under the door, and lands neatly on the administrator's desk.

He then makes him self at home in the teacher's lounge.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-04, 05:17 PM
Staff Room

Doctor Marone may encounter in the staff room/teacher's lounge another teacher. This particular teacher is a male half-elf with brown hair and eyes and a plain, unmemorable face. Although the face is mainly unmemorable because of the tattoo; it is in the form of a two-tailed scorpion with its tails curled upon his cheeks and its claws on his forehead. He's wearing a red shirt and a leather kilt, and he's reading a leather-bound book with the two-tailed scorpion symbol on the front. He looks up and smiles when the doctor enters. Around his neck is a silver amulet depicting a two-tailed scorpion; he seems very fond of that symbol, which Doctor Marone, depending on his demonology skills, may recognise as the holy symbol of Dalachrech, the Demon Lord of Invertebrates. "Hello there! I'm Reverend Narahar, and I teach Religious Education. What's your name and expertise?" Well, he seems nice enough.

Oxygen
2010-09-04, 05:43 PM
The Doc notices the other teacher, and replies,

"Oh, hey man, nice bling. I'm Doc Marone, but you can call me larry. Actually, just call me Doc. I applied to be the doctoring teacher. What's your angle?"

Doc strides over to the couch and flops down on it, facing the Reverend.

Morty
2010-09-04, 05:44 PM
Dipsnig shows up, followed by plot clones of Vincent and Caroline, intending to enlist them into PACK. Unfortunately, he immediately deadtimes.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-04, 05:50 PM
"What is 'bling'? How can I have an angle? I'm not a geometric shape." Modern slang, plus medieval-fantasy priest equals substantial confusion, and that's evident in Narahar's expression. ((Deadtime, alas))

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 06:00 PM
[Bio > ? ]

As the class ends, Jamie heads for the door, glad she didn't get called on to stay after like the two icky boys did.

She waits just outside the classroom door for Allie and Molly to catch up, though.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-04, 06:08 PM
D7 leaves, wordlessly.

Gloom follows suit. That's right. They're uncool.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-04, 06:19 PM
Caroline looks over at Dipsnig. What are we here for, again?

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-04, 06:37 PM
Orson wanders vaguely after Jamie and company, eyes wide and looking more than a little lost.

Reinholdt
2010-09-04, 08:26 PM
Dipsnig shows up, followed by plot clones of Vincent and Caroline, intending to enlist them into PACK. Unfortunately, he immediately deadtimes.

Caroline looks over at Dipsnig. What are we here for, again?
"Please please PLEASE don't stick us here." :frown:
Vincent is begging you boss. He's on his hands and knees. Literally.

Reinholdt's player glares at Orson Reinholdt Loveless, knowing there's a story there and it likely involves Lucretia somehow.
*GLAAAAAARES*

Lex-Kat
2010-09-04, 09:15 PM
Vincent, stand up. You're embarrassing yourself, and me. Caroline tries to nonchalantly lift Vincent back to his feet.

Reinholdt
2010-09-04, 09:19 PM
"Awwwww.... but...." Vincent stands up.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-04, 10:26 PM
vincent, isnt' it obvious? We are being sent here to help uncover something. It's obviously a job that only we can do, since we look so young.

Reinholdt
2010-09-04, 10:34 PM
"We are young." Vincent points out.

"Yeah alright. But this chapter better not be boring." :smallannoyed:

Lex-Kat
2010-09-04, 10:40 PM
Caroline looks over to him, a smile on her face. How old are you? If we go by my birth date, I'm somewhere near a hundred. though I think I've only lived maybe sixteen of them. This time-travel stuff makes it confusing.

Reinholdt
2010-09-04, 10:57 PM
"I'm sixty two." See? Young!

"Time travel stuff?" I don't think Vincent knows Caroline's full backstory.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-04, 11:24 PM
Well, I was born in 1916, on a planet called Earth.

When I was eight, I had a terrible car accident that split my soul. Part of me became a ghost. A demon-possessed doctor tried to take the ghost me captive, and she fled to.... here. A place called HALO, specifically.

By the time I reached here though, I'd forgotten who I was. Only small glimpses of memory remained.

After a while, I got bored with HALO. I went to NO, where I hired Dipsnig and Nameless to help me find out who I was.

And they did. They fought the evil Demon, and saved my other half. We joined together, and for a few years, I lived happily with my real family.

At sixteen, my Earth age, I left home to come back here, where I met you.

Reinholdt
2010-09-04, 11:55 PM
"Oh wow. Is the demon doctor dead for good?" Or can we expect arch-nemesis return comeback specials?

Morty
2010-09-05, 07:16 AM
Dipsnig was actually going to tell them that as the closest thing they have to a legal guardian, it's his duty to provide them with education. He can't just send them to fight crazies and monsters or retrieve some forgotten treasures, after all. But their rationalization also works. This way he'll have them out of his hair for a while and it'll ease what is left of his conscience.
Alright kids, let's see about signing you up here. He heads for the door, looking for someone to give the application forms he already has prepared to.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-05, 10:02 AM
Kampilan approaches Dipsnig, already dressed in kras finely crafted padded fencing suit, prepared for the lesson that's staring next weekend OoC time because of Kris' stupid timezone, and looking all metallic and serene, despite the fact that Kris has also just remembered that he forgot to update the Necus Directory today as well. Silly Kris.
But yeah, Kampilan is like, o hai and stuff.

Meanwhile, Orson, having failed at attracting de attenshun uf de pretty gorls, is now occupying himself with being a loner.
LOOOOOOOONER.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 10:06 AM
Aurea is in the staff lounge, daintily eating a salad and reading books.

Morty
2010-09-05, 10:13 AM
Dipsnig adresses Kampilan. Good afternoon. I've come to enlist those two young people into this fine school.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-05, 10:18 AM
"Excellent! They look to have the makings of fine scholars. The boy in particular seems to have the bearing of a future gentleman."
Hee hee. Hah. Heh.
"You've filled out the necessary firms, I take it?"
Because they're totally more complicated IC than what the first post would have you believe. Those are like, the abridged version. IC they're like actual school applications.

((Deadtime. Feel free to godmod the rest of the application process.))

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 11:18 AM
Vincent rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. You'd think the utterly ridiculous hair and even more utterly ridiculous clothing he wears would drive off gentlemen compliments, but no.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-05, 12:21 PM
{Applying for School}

Caroline, wearing her brand new dress, smiles at Kampilan.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QUrTlo0xL._AA300_.jpg
Thank you sir. I'm sure we'll learn a lot from you and your school. She holds her hands behind her back, the picture of innocence.

Morty
2010-09-05, 12:27 PM
Dipsnig hands Kampilan the two forms he filled for Vincent and Caroline.

Name of Student: Vincent
Name of Parent/Guardian: Dipsnig Razortooth
Age of Student: 68(in elf years)
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Believes he's the protagonist of a "roleplaying game"
Parent/Guardian signature: Dipsnig Razortooth, Acting Leader of NO and Third Class Sneak of Dragonbone Colony Secret Operations

Name of Student: Caroline
Name of Parent/Guardian: Dipsnig Razortooth
Age of Student: 16
Important Information: (Allergies, Medical/Dietary needs, Unusual cultural customs, Religious consideration etc.): Believes she's Vincent's party member and romantic interest
Parent/Guardian signature: Dipsnig Razortooth, Acting Leader of NO and Third Class Sneak of Dragonbone Colony Secret Operations

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 12:43 PM
"I suppose we should go and mingle before classes start or something. Let's go see if any of the people here can tell us anything about this place." Besides the headmaster, cause that's too easy and all Vincent expects that person to say is "Welcome to school! Have a great year!"

So Vincent will try to take Caroline's hand and head off down the halls in search of other students or off-duty teachers.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-05, 12:44 PM
Gloom's in the halls, staring at Caroline's dress with a mixture of disgust and amusement. It's hard to tell which is winning.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 12:57 PM
Vincent goes right up to Gloom and presses A!
Obviously this should mean something. Supposedly. :smallconfused:

Kaelaroth
2010-09-05, 12:59 PM
Gloom immediately offers the standard greeting he's been programmed to offer. Hello. I am Gloom. What's your name? His words are slightly bored, as his dark eyes study Vincent.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 01:05 PM
Molly wanders over to the two boys, faintly tick-tocking. "You have. Funny hair." she tells Vincent.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 01:08 PM
"I'm Vincent." He seems about ready to push A again when Molly wanders up and insults his hair.

"Hey! My hair gives me super strength! And you have a funny... funny... key-thing in your back!" :smallannoyed:
He's not the best insulter around. Best to leave things like that to Moff and his illegitimate child he had with himself.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 01:10 PM
"It's not funny. It. Makes me work." :smallsmile: "How strong are. You?" Molly asks.

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 01:15 PM
Kampilan approaches Dipsnig, already dressed in kras finely crafted padded fencing suit, prepared for the lesson that's staring next weekend OoC time because of Kris' stupid timezone, and looking all metallic and serene, despite the fact that Kris has also just remembered that he forgot to update the Necus Directory today as well. Silly Kris.
But yeah, Kampilan is like, o hai and stuff.

Meanwhile, Orson, having failed at attracting de attenshun uf de pretty gorls, is now occupying himself with being a loner.
LOOOOOOOONER.

De pretty gorls were busy amongst themselves. :smalltongue:

Jamie, meanwhile, approaches the small group!

...the moment Vincent recognises her, of course, will be quite...amusing...

"Oh, there you are..." she starts, addressing Molly with a smile...

...and then she spots The Hair.

"...oh. You. You're students here too?" she calls to Vincent and Caroline.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 01:19 PM
"Just a second, let me check." Vincent pauses the game! Blue screens pop up with information, filling up field of vision! Vincent goes to the status line and presses A! Vincent takes a look at his strength score and then presses start again to unpause the game.

"84 right now."

"GAH!" Vincent points dramatically at Jamie. The League of Doom's Princess Power Squad's leader!" WHY DO THEY KEEP FOLLOWING HIM?! Oh right. Recurring nemesis.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 01:23 PM
"Hi. Jamie." Molly says, then is disappointed by his strength score. Or rather because it's a meaningless number, but Vincent may well see it different. "But can you lift. That chair. Over your head?" She points to a stuffed armchair.

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 01:28 PM
Jamie rolls her eyes at Vincent. "It's Good League of Good, silly. And you didn't answer my question. Hi, Molly." She smiles at her friend, wondering what the deal is with 84 chairs.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 01:33 PM
"That's just your cover." Vincent retorts, still not answering the question. :smallannoyed:

He looks over at the chair. "That? Yeah, probably." If he can wield a sword wider, taller, and heavier than he is effortlessly in one hand, then he can probably lift a stuffed armchair. He doesn't go to do it right away of course. They haven't double-dogged-dared him yet.