PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5- Is there a Jungle/Forest specialty book?

Vemynal
2010-08-28, 11:36 AM
I'm planning out a campaign (My second ever, so I'm very new at this) that I plan to take place in a Jungle

Now I have access to the source books "Sandstorm- Mastering the Perils of Fire and Sand"; "Frostburn- Mastering the Perils of snow and frost"; and "Stormwrack- Mastering the Perils of Wind and Wave"

What I was wondering was if there was a source book along these lines specifically dealing with jungles, forests, beasts, etc

Just to sum a little so you know what I'm looking for:

I plan for an object to be sending the forest into an uncontrollable rage, the beasts, races and even plants themselves are enraged and violent and theres a cult causing this at the center of it.

Thanks for your help!

The Glyphstone
2010-08-28, 11:38 AM
Unfortunately, no. It's Hot Outside, It's Cold Outside, and It's Wet Outside were the only published ones. Some people count It's Not Outside (Cityscape) and It's Still Not Outside (Dungeonscape) as environment books too, but not jungle-themed one. I think there was a fairly large fan-made swamp 'book' written, or being written, dunno if it ever finished.

gnomas
2010-08-28, 11:43 AM
You will probably have to make due with the limited forest and swamp info in the Dungeon Master's Guide. Or maybe races of the wild could give some ideas, but probably not worth spending the money on just for that.

Greenish
2010-08-28, 11:56 AM
Far Corners of the World (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/fw) article series has stuff for both woodlands and rainforests.

Vemynal
2010-08-28, 11:59 AM
are there any particular sections of a couple of different books? cuz between my friends they have like at least half the source books for 3/3.5

Kobold-Bard
2010-08-28, 12:22 PM
There are Jungle variant races on the SRD, in the Unearthed Arcana section. An since I'm stretching for helpful material, there's the Rainbow Servant PrC in complete Divine :smallredface:

Philistine
2010-08-28, 01:46 PM
Doesn't one of the FR books deal mostly with jungle lands? Serpent Kingdoms, maybe? You'd have to adapt it for a generic setting, but it might be a start.

Melayl
2010-08-28, 09:33 PM
This may not be a whole lot of help, but:

I remember doing a search a while back about this. I found a 3rd party company that published some books on both forests and jungles. Unfortunately, I didn't buy any, and it has been a few months, so I can't remember the publisher. I think I was looking on RPGNow, but I could be wrong.

Edit: It was Expiditious Retreat Press (http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=4042). They were focused on monsters of specific environments, not the environments themselves.