PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Diety Alignments

big teej
2010-08-28, 05:16 PM
Greetings Playgrounders, I find myself having a bit of a conundrum.

Many/most of my characters end up worshiping someone from the warhammer fantasy pantheon, because I'm much more familiar with them than I am the untold number of dieties in the DND core.

so far I've had worshippers of
Khorne
Grimnir, Grungi, Valaya
Sigmar
Ulric
Taal

anyways, my question to put forth to you is this. I've just moved into a dorm on a college campus, and I"m struggling to find a group. In the event that I find one that is already set up, I am (hoping) to play a cleric. specifically, an elven cleric of kaela mensha khaine.

however there's a slight problem. as a cleric, my alignment must be within one step of khaine's. what's his alignment though?

the "good" elves would suggest something between Lawful Neutral and Lawful good (to me at least) where he is reveared as the elven god of war. meanwhile the druchii (warhammer's drow equivilant for those of you unfamiliar with the setting) revere him as the lord of murder and worship him as well

so 'good' elven society is typically between TN and LG and druchii society is almost certainly CE and yet khaine accepts worship from both groups.... What is his alignment?

please thankyou in advance.
(if any of you playgrounders are at Wingate university plesase message me

PS: if there are any other warhammer dieties who's alignments you'd like to state/debate/whatever, feel free to do that in this thread provided the "khaine alignment" question has been answered

ready....

GO :smallbiggrin:

crazedloon
2010-08-28, 05:29 PM
Khorne CN
Grimnir, Grungi, Valaya LN ,LN, LN
Sigmar LN
Ulric CN
Taal NN

But that is just my opinion and my opinion is that the warhammer world is one of grays on the G/E side of the alignment and that the belief that the chaos gods are evil is only becuase they are the enemy (and everyone thinks the enemy is evil).

edit: as for Khaine I am of the opinion that he is but a piece or embodiment of Khorne so I would put him at CN so both societies can worship him

comicshorse
2010-08-28, 06:18 PM
IMHO:

Khaine: LE
Shallya: CG
Verena: LG
Morr: True Neutral
Mork and Gork: CN
Heydrich: LN
Ranald: LN
Stromfels: CE
Manan: LN

big teej
2010-08-28, 06:42 PM
just out of curiosity...; why do you say the dwarven gods are neutral?

Zephyros
2010-08-28, 07:29 PM
Well, its not easy to give WH deities an alignment because the fact is that alignments are pretty much blurred. (Or as some people will say there is only Law and Chaos. The rest is evil) :smallbiggrin:

big teej
2010-08-28, 08:28 PM
Well, its not easy to give WH deities an alignment because the fact is that alignments are pretty much blurred. (Or as some people will say there is only Law and Chaos. The rest is evil) :smallbiggrin:

not to sound sarcastic (because I know it will) BUT

if it were easy would I be asking the playground? :smalltongue:

the other dieties are highly irrelevant, but kaela mensha khaine kinda matters since it's the base concept for my next character. my first ever cleric and my first ever elf.