PDA

View Full Version : Campain review.

Doomboy911
2010-08-28, 10:33 PM
Well my DM has quit and I've taken over and I was wondering if someone could basically review what I've done and possible mistakes.

First off I have four players on Eberron each level three (though we will take things from other books if it fits) we're playing 3.5.

We have one Druid human, one artificer human, a changeling (who gets his kicks trying to seduce NPCs) and the force of the team a warforged barbarian.

Recently they robbed a bank (while we had a different DM) so we could buy a boat after a while of sailing they came across four islands surrounding them with a 100 miles between them all.

The four islands consist of one which is a green plain, one that looks like a desert, one with an active and erupting volcano (that they're headed for now) and a large jungle plain. At first they began heading for the grassy plain as it was the safest looking where a ship approached them and chained on them. Steering the ship was a shield guardian (the opposite of the warforged (yes I'm doing a linear guild thing sort of) he drives a little too close and grabs on. A few minutes later a Rakshasa comes out stating that he's a trader and he invites them aboard their schooner. (now here comes the part you may find problems with) He takes them down to the floor below for tea the shield guardian following them.

Below the deck the boat is filled with water raising up to your waist, along the mast is Treant (yes he went out to sea) and nymph in the water (yes she's hanging out with non-feys) after some talking the two humans went down with the tea (sleeping potion) the warforged and shield guardian fought for a bit until they started to grapple. At that point the rakshasa (named gato) pulled out a set of wanted posters with their names on it. He explains that because they're robbers he wishes to join with them in hunt for a massive amount of treasure. They agreed and are now setting off towards the fire island.

The campaign is to use a magic artifact broken into four pieces one made of platinum, one made of gold, one made of silver and one made of copper. Than combine them to find the fifth island one of jewels.

So along with possible mistakes I have to ask if you can think of anything I could put on the fire island (fire related) that level threes could handle?

DanReiv
2010-08-29, 01:24 AM
The monster filter gave this result for subtype = fire and CR 1-4.

spoilered for lenght.

Azer Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 2 Lawful Neutral
Brass Dragon, Very young Small Dragon (Fire) Warm Deserts 4 Chaotic Good
Brass Dragon, Wyrmling Tiny Dragon (Fire) Warm Deserts 3 Chaotic Good
Fire Elemental, Large Large Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 5 Neutral
Fire Elemental, Medium Medium Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Fire Elemental, Small Small Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 1 Neutral
Gold Dragon, Wyrmling Medium Dragon (Fire) Warm Plains 5 Lawful Good
Hell Hound Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Fire, Lawful) A Lawful Evil Plane 3 Lawful Evil
Magmin Small Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Chaotic Neutral
Mephit, Fire Small Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Mephit, Magma Small Outsider (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Mephit, Steam Small Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Rast Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 5 Neutral
Red Dragon, Very young Large Dragon (Fire) Warm Mountains 5 Chaotic Evil
Red Dragon, Wyrmling Medium Dragon (Fire) Warm Mountains 4 Chaotic Evil
Salamander, Flamebrother Small Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Any Evil
Thoqqua Medium Elemental (Earth, Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 2 Neutral

It's a start :smalltongue:

I'd go with a small tribe of Flamebrother Salamander with various Mephit allies. A couple dips in class level here and then will give you high ranking members of the tribe.

Their boss could be an average salamander with a hellhound pet, they should face him once they've gain a couple levels.

Crow
2010-08-29, 11:30 AM
That weird tea party has a strange Alice-In-Wonderland vibe to it.

Doomboy911
2010-08-29, 10:00 PM
The monster filter gave this result for subtype = fire and CR 1-4.

spoilered for lenght.

Azer Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 2 Lawful Neutral
Brass Dragon, Very young Small Dragon (Fire) Warm Deserts 4 Chaotic Good
Brass Dragon, Wyrmling Tiny Dragon (Fire) Warm Deserts 3 Chaotic Good
Fire Elemental, Large Large Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 5 Neutral
Fire Elemental, Medium Medium Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Fire Elemental, Small Small Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 1 Neutral
Gold Dragon, Wyrmling Medium Dragon (Fire) Warm Plains 5 Lawful Good
Hell Hound Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Fire, Lawful) A Lawful Evil Plane 3 Lawful Evil
Magmin Small Elemental (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Chaotic Neutral
Mephit, Fire Small Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Mephit, Magma Small Outsider (Fire, Extraplanar) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Mephit, Steam Small Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Neutral
Rast Medium Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 5 Neutral
Red Dragon, Very young Large Dragon (Fire) Warm Mountains 5 Chaotic Evil
Red Dragon, Wyrmling Medium Dragon (Fire) Warm Mountains 4 Chaotic Evil
Salamander, Flamebrother Small Outsider (Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 3 Any Evil
Thoqqua Medium Elemental (Earth, Extraplanar, Fire) Elemental Plane of Fire 2 Neutral

It's a start :smalltongue:

I'd go with a small tribe of Flamebrother Salamander with various Mephit allies. A couple dips in class level here and then will give you high ranking members of the tribe.

Their boss could be an average salamander with a hellhound pet, they should face him once they've gain a couple levels.

Well instead of a boss I had the idea that when they grabbed the artifact they'd be forced to run out of the volcano so any traps they slowly snuck past they'd have to go at it a different way.