PDA

View Full Version : Miko

Urist McDwarf
2010-08-28, 11:45 PM
In your opinion, are you glad that she died or did you find it at all sad?

Bongos
2010-08-28, 11:48 PM
Urist, you may find, if you look, several previous threads discussing this very same subject. It is a highly discussed and controversial subject.

Urist McDwarf
2010-08-28, 11:57 PM
Urist, you may find, if you look, several previous threads discussing this very same subject. It is a highly discussed and controversial subject.

Yeah. Im just bored as hell, so yeah. Personaly, I realy beleive that Miko is Girard.

Crisis21
2010-08-29, 12:21 AM
Yeah. Im just bored as hell, so yeah. Personaly, I realy beleive that Miko is Girard.

{scrubbed}

The person who was so caught up in being a paladin that she was fanatical about it is actually the person who distrusted paladins so much that he made a 10,000 GP wager that one would break his solemn word in under two weeks.

{scrubbed}

Zaydos
2010-08-29, 02:16 AM
I am glad Miko died because it allowed her soul to travel back in time to reincarnate as Girard.

The IFCC made me do it

faustin
2010-08-29, 04:59 AM
O.K, i said before... i´m almost sure Miko will return someway, probably in the form of a ghost (besides, wouldn´t be funny Eugene and Miko teaming up to annoying Roy at night? :smalltongue:)

Smiling Knight
2010-08-29, 06:44 AM
Why? Both her purpose in the story (getting OOTS to Azure City, killing Shojo, destroying the Gate) and her character arc (redemption door-slam, as noted by Rich in the War & XP's commentary) have been completed.

137beth
2010-08-29, 07:14 AM
She could very easily be raised from the dead by an enemy to oppose the OOTS. Or possibly Sabine could succeed in turning her to a death knight.

Kish
2010-08-29, 09:13 AM
Or possibly Sabine could succeed in turning her to a death knight.
What would a succubus rogue have to do with turning Miko into a death knight?

Gray Mage
2010-08-29, 10:46 AM
What would a succubus rogue have to do with turning Miko into a death knight?

I think he means the scene in the prision in Azure City right after Miko fell, but it's a blackguard that Sabine wanted to turn Miko into.

Kobold-Bard
2010-08-29, 10:58 AM
Paladins who can't laugh don't deserve to be Paladins.

I hope she enjoys eternal order without an excuse to chop people up in Mechanus.

Urist McDwarf
2010-08-29, 11:30 AM
I just thought it was a little sad. Sure, she was a major, well, you know, but Rich still did a very good job with her death scene and I actualy felt sorry for her. Windstriker was her only friend, and at least she got to see him. She killed herself trying to redeem herself, even though she accidentaly caused Xykon to win.

Urist McDwarf
2010-08-29, 11:32 AM
And you are also apparently delusional as well as being bored....

The person who was so caught up in being a paladin that she was fanatical about it is actually the person who distrusted paladins so much that he made a 10,000 GP wager that one would break his solemn word in under two weeks.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

I was joking. And extremely sleepy. Of course Miko isn't Giraard. But the Mitd is. Along iwth the snarl and xykon.

Kobold-Bard
2010-08-29, 11:48 AM
I just thought it was a little sad. Sure, she was a major, well, you know, but Rich still did a very good job with her death scene and I actualy felt sorry for her. Windstriker was her only friend, and at least she got to see him. She killed herself trying to redeem herself, even though she accidentaly caused Xykon to win.

True, but her delusion meant she didn't listen to Soon, the person who she'd sworn her very soul to. If she hadn't been so arrogant to begin with she wouldn't have needed to redeem herself.

faustin
2010-08-29, 12:02 PM
Sorry for everyone, but as the very Soon said to her (and yes, it was Soon not a Miko´s pre-mortem hallucination), she merely furfilled her duty not got redemption (because she never realized her mistakes nor recogniced her presumption as "the Twelve Gods´Chosen One), much less begging for forgiveness.

Strawberries
2010-08-29, 12:07 PM
Paladins who can't laugh don't deserve to be Paladins.

If my signature wasn't already too crowded as it is, I'd sig that. Actually, do you mind if I sig it all the same?
I loathed Miko, and the fact that I was a little saddened by her death is a testament to Rich's writing skills.
Still, I'm glad she's gone. And that she didn't get redemption. Even if it was a character I liked to hate.

Kobold-Bard
2010-08-29, 12:09 PM
If my signature wasn't already too crowded as it is, I'd sig that. Actually, do you mind if I sig it all the same?

I'm honoured, be my guest :smallsmile:

137beth
2010-08-29, 12:14 PM
True, but her delusion meant she didn't listen to Soon, the person who she'd sworn her very soul to. If she hadn't been so arrogant to begin with she wouldn't have needed to redeem herself.

Further evidence that if she were to return, it would be as some form of undead.

Strawberries
2010-08-29, 12:20 PM
I'm honoured, be my guest :smallsmile:

Done, thank you very much.

Further evidence that if she were to return, it would be as some form of undead.

Uhm, I can't see the reasoning. :smallconfused:

Zaydos
2010-08-29, 12:24 PM
Uhm, I can't see the reasoning. :smallconfused:

I'm guessing it is that since she is still an oathbreaker and unredeemed she can't come back as a celestial or angelic being; therefore if she does come back it will be as an undead creature. Honestly I don't think she'll come back at all.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-29, 12:54 PM
Annoying, regicidal, pompous, too stupid to admit/see their wrong jerk dying being sad? The only thing that was unfortunate about her death was that she threatened to weaken the fabric of the universe in dying (however, it was a great example of dramatic irony since she almost violently killed the Order for doing that when she had orders just to bring them to Azure City).

Marnath
2010-08-29, 03:30 PM
If you really want to read about Miko coming back as undead, there's a fan story about it in a certain locked thread. I don't know if it's okay to discuss locked threads so I won't name it.:smallwink:

ref
2010-08-29, 05:03 PM
Miko's death scene is done to be all bittersweet and thought provoking, and having her come back would cheapen that greatly and unnecessarily.

Miko is now in Mt. Celestia (yes, in Mt. Celestia. Just not in the Paladin Secret Place, because she fell down, and didn't have time to atone. While alignment change implies falling, the converse is false. You can fall without an alignment change. Would have she gained redemption if she had had more time? We don't know. We never will.

Miko experimented a troublesome trip, as the one we've seen Vaarsuvius take. At the end, however, Miko found death, so we didn't get the chance to see her trying to come back up. We, again unlike Vaarsuvius, only saw Miko at the end of her trip. Miko just tried too hard, and in her zealeousness, she estranged the people that could guide her, and got more and more lost in her inner woods. That's Miko's tragedy.

And yet, she was lucid enough to snap Sabine's neck, and a couple of times, even after her fall, she was just this close of getting back to reason, but sadly, she failed at those times when she outthank herself. Miko, Lawful Good, is now enjoying a well deserved rest in Mount Celestia, and we're not seeing her again. Rest well, Miko Miyazaki.

Smiling Knight
2010-08-29, 05:10 PM
Considering that Roy was almost not let in for abandoning Elan and was criticized for this sharp tongue, I hardly thing a self-centered, rude, arrogant, and lacking perspective fanatic would be allowed into the sanctum of Goodness. And that's before we take into account attack a comrade-in-arms whom she knows to be a honorable and good man while his weapon is not drawn and he is trying to reason with her.

Marnath
2010-08-29, 05:14 PM
Considering that Roy was almost not let in for abandoning Elan and was criticized for this sharp tongue, I hardly thing a self-centered, rude, arrogant, and lacking perspective fanatic would be allowed into the sanctum of Goodness. And that's before we take into account attack a comrade-in-arms whom she knows to be a honorable and good man while his weapon is not drawn and he is trying to reason with her.

+1 to this. [/Thread]

faustin
2010-08-29, 05:47 PM

+2 to this.
And respect Vaarsuvius, if he/she died at this exactly point, the max. he would get is a True Neutral trait (and consider himself lucky). His past errors have not yet repaired.

The Pilgrim
2010-08-29, 06:54 PM
Miko's death scene is done to be all bittersweet and thought provoking, and having her come back would cheapen that greatly and unnecessarily.

Miko is now in Mt. Celestia (yes, in Mt. Celestia. Just not in the Paladin Secret Place, because she fell down, and didn't have time to atone. While alignment change implies falling, the converse is false. You can fall without an alignment change. Would have she gained redemption if she had had more time? We don't know. We never will.

Miko experimented a troublesome trip, as the one we've seen Vaarsuvius take. At the end, however, Miko found death, so we didn't get the chance to see her trying to come back up. We, again unlike Vaarsuvius, only saw Miko at the end of her trip. Miko just tried too hard, and in her zealeousness, she estranged the people that could guide her, and got more and more lost in her inner woods. That's Miko's tragedy.

And yet, she was lucid enough to snap Sabine's neck, and a couple of times, even after her fall, she was just this close of getting back to reason, but sadly, she failed at those times when she outthank herself. Miko, Lawful Good, is now enjoying a well deserved rest in Mount Celestia, and we're not seeing her again. Rest well, Miko Miyazaki.

+1 to this

Smiling Knight
2010-08-29, 07:13 PM
The battle lines are being drawn... My plan is coming closer to fruition... Just a few more feisty posters need to make inflammatory statements... And then I shall throw this sacred pie over the thread and shout...
FOR GIGGLES!
And my god shall reap such a harvest of internet fury and flame that he will finally be able to crush his do-gooder brother Banjo!
Muhahahaha!

(And yes, I am as much to blame as anyone else)

Zaydos
2010-08-29, 07:16 PM
I think Miko would actually fit in on Arcadia. Somewhere between Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral, and mostly leaning towards overzealous Lawful Stupid.

SMEE
2010-08-29, 07:37 PM
Thread locked for review.