PDA

View Full Version : Dagon Age RPG

DMBlackhart
2010-08-29, 01:31 AM
So, I just got ahold of the dragon age RPG by Greenronin. It's pretty solid, I'll give it that. So far im quite satisfied. However the contacts of "set 1" leave me wondering, has there been any official confirmation on when set 2-4 will be released? Or have they already and I missed them?

Please enlighten me Gitp community!

Serpentine
2010-08-29, 02:14 AM
Dagon's okay, but Moloch's where it's at!

vicente408
2010-08-29, 02:17 AM
Ah, Dagon Age. The RPG where you can customize your character with fun traits like bulging eyes and slimy, scaly skin.

The Glyphstone
2010-08-29, 02:21 AM
If I were a Deep One...
(glub glub glub glub glub glub glub)

on-topic: Google doesn't give any information on when Sets 2+ will come out, so probably not. The Blood of Ferelden adventure book comes out in September, so I'd bet on next year for Set 2 and beyond.

Gralamin
2010-08-29, 02:22 AM
So, I just got ahold of the dragon age RPG by Greenronin. It's pretty solid, I'll give it that. So far im quite satisfied. However the contacts of "set 1" leave me wondering, has there been any official confirmation on when set 2-4 will be released? Or have they already and I missed them?

Please enlighten me Gitp community!

Other then the obvious spelling error...

They have not released any info yet. I also have the system and found it has some nice ideas. However, I do not find it to be in a playable state yet, not for how I prefer to run games at least.

DMBlackhart
2010-08-29, 03:41 AM
Wait what typo?.....

Oh.. I See what you I did there...:smallbiggrin:

No need to fix it now, got my answer I guess. Thanks anyways guys!

Aroka
2010-08-29, 10:19 AM
I was incredibly disappointed with the tabletop version after loving the game, but I don't know why - I should have expected it. The books provide hardly any information, are incredibly limited in scope (both re: the world and characters), and actully manage to fail to capture the feel of the game. I'd rather use D&D 4E (if I wanted to catch the feel of the mechanics) or The Riddle of Steel (if I wanted to catch the feel of the setting). Publishing two books that only give you 1/4 the levels the game is supposed to include is hilariously old-school, but it just doesn't work, especially when the material is so shallow and narrow in all respects.

And good luck on getting the other books. I can't imagine the first ones did well enough for them to make the rest.

Esser-Z
2010-08-29, 10:42 AM
Sad to hear it didn't go well. And that probably kills my hopes for a non-homebrew Mass Effect system. I should go look for a homebrew one.

Gametime
2010-08-29, 11:49 AM
If I were a Deep One...
(glub glub glub glub glub glub glub)

There definitely needs to be a Lovecraft musical. "Wilbur Whateley: The Great Old One Spawn of Dunwich?"

Mikeavelli
2010-08-29, 11:52 AM
There definitely needs to be a Lovecraft musical. "Wilbur Whateley: The Great Old One Spawn of Dunwich?"

Ask, and ye shall receive. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvogA7r5b0&feature=PlayList&p=5C17BE05FBEAA895&index=0&playnext=1)

Aroka
2010-08-29, 11:52 AM

You're a bit late. (http://www.cthulhulives.org/shoggoth/)

true_shinken
2010-08-29, 11:54 AM
I was incredibly disappointed with the tabletop version after loving the game, but I don't know why - I should have expected it. The books provide hardly any information, are incredibly limited in scope (both re: the world and characters), and actully manage to fail to capture the feel of the game. I'd rather use D&D 4E (if I wanted to catch the feel of the mechanics) or The Riddle of Steel (if I wanted to catch the feel of the setting). Publishing two books that only give you 1/4 the levels the game is supposed to include is hilariously old-school, but it just doesn't work, especially when the material is so shallow and narrow in all respects.

And good luck on getting the other books. I can't imagine the first ones did well enough for them to make the rest.

I'm with you. I love Chris Pramas' work, bu Dragon Age was really disappointing. Total waste of money.

Gametime
2010-08-29, 12:41 PM
Ask, and ye shall receive. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvogA7r5b0&feature=PlayList&p=5C17BE05FBEAA895&index=0&playnext=1)

You're a bit late. (http://www.cthulhulives.org/shoggoth/)

Well, this just made my day.

Myshlaevsky
2010-08-29, 01:06 PM

More or less seconded. The Dragon Age RPG is really disappointing - and if you're going to stick a monster on the cover, is it really too much to ask that you include that monster in the game?

The Rose Dragon
2010-08-29, 01:40 PM
To be honest, Green Ronin is not very good when they move outside their own licenses. DC Adventures is an exception, mostly because it uses M&M 3rd Edition rules, rather than its own set.

Swordguy
2010-08-29, 02:00 PM

Generally agreed.

I will point out that I've had great success using Dragon Age as a "Starter" RPG to teenage and adult players who are new to RPGs in general. It's got a much lower learning curve and is smoother-running than 3.x, it doesn't carry the "neckbeard-RAGE" baggage that D&D4e does (I've seen kids yelled at in game stores for picking up 4e products), and it's tied to a relatively well-known license, so people who have played the game are coming in with at least a modicum of understanding about how the game world works (so they feel confident enough to make decisions, rather than staring blankly back at me when I ask them what they want to do).

For experienced gamers, yeah, it's a disappointment. But it's not wholly useless.