Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Upon casting this spell, you imbue a creature with the ability to carry equipment as well as a true beast of burden. The target is able to carry double what they normally would be able to. This is added to all aspects of encumbrance (light load, medium load, heavy load, maximum load, etc.).

Material Component
A donkey hair.

Breath of Life
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Clr 3, Drd 3, Pal 3
Components: V, S, M, DF
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None; see text

You temporarily restore life to a deceased creature. You can raise a creature that has been dead for no longer than one day per caster level. In addition, the subject's soul must be free and willing to return. If the subject's soul is not willing to return, the spell does not work; therefore, a subject that wants to return receives no saving throw.

A character who died with spells prepared has a 50% chance of losing any given spell upon being raised, in addition to losing spells for losing a level. A spellcasting creature that doesn't prepare spells (such as a sorcerer) has a 50% chance of losing any given unused spell slot as if it had been used to cast a spell, in addition to losing spell slots for losing a level.

A raised creature has a number of hit points equal to its current Hit Dice. Any ability scores damaged to 0 are raised to 1. Normal poison and normal disease are cured in the process of raising the subject, but magical diseases and curses are not undone. While the spell closes mortal wounds and repairs lethal damage of most kinds, the body of the creature to be raised must be whole. Otherwise, missing parts are still missing when the creature is brought back to life. None of the dead creature's equipment or possessions are affected in any way by this spell.

A creature who has been turned into an undead creature or killed by a death effect can't be raised by this spell. Constructs, elementals, outsiders, and undead creatures can't be raised. The spell cannot bring back a creature that has died of old age.

At the end of the duration, the creature raised drops dead once more.

Material Component
Diamond dust worth at least 250 gp.

Handy Timepiece
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Brd 6, Sor/Wiz 7, Time 7
Components: V, S
Effect: One timepiece
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: None; see text
Spell Resistance: No; see text

You create a temporary timepiece that can be used to perform several actions. First, the timepiece tracks time, as normal. Second, you can start a second time track, allowing you to keep track of how long disabling a pit trap takes while still keeping track of the amount of time it takes to get this far into the fortress, for example. Third, the timepiece can be set to "slow" time or "fast" time as a free action. Slow time causes every creature within 30 feet that fails a Will save to become slowed. Fast time causes every creature within 30 feet to become hasted. Any creature that walks into the 30-foot radius after one of these effects has been activated becomes affected as normal. These effects last for as long as the timepiece is set to those times. Lastly, you may stop time altogether for one round as an immediate action, allowing every creature to act as normal, but anything not connected to a creature stops, disallowing the use of weapons, spells, powers, and the like. Using this option causes the timepiece to disappear as soon as the one round is up.

Iron Sack
Transmutation
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Target: One pack or sack/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 24 hours
Saving Throw: Will negates (object)
Spell Resistance: Yes (object)

You transform an ordinary bag, pack, or sack into a metal version of itself, weighing no more than before, but able to hold twice the weight without breaking and immune to wear and tear. The bag becomes nonflammable, but it is vulnerable to spells that affect metal.

Light Step
Transmutation
Level: Brd 4, Rgr 3, Sor/Wiz 4, Trickery 4
Duration: 1 min./level (D)

You lighten every target's steps, allowing them to be more subtle and safer from traps. Creatures subject to this spell gain a +8 bonus to Move Silently, and the DC to track them is increased by 5. In addition, all floor-based traps have a 50% chance to simply not work when a creature is under the effects of this spell.

Material Component
A shoe.

Protection from Nonmagical Gas
Abjuration
Level: Clr 1, Drd 1, Pal 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Spell Resistance: No

You bestow resistance to natural and other nonmagical gases to subjects, which comes in the form of a +8 resistance bonus to saves against such effects. In addition, you may add that the scent of such gases does not reach the subjects' noses, allowing them to ignore the gas smell while still being able to smell anything else.

Swift Mount
Transmutation
Level: Drd 0, Pal 1, Rgr 1, Sor/Wiz 0
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 hour
Saving Throw: None

You are able to quickly get atop your mount with no trouble, as well as dismount just as fast. For the duration of the spell, subjects are able to mount and dismount as free actions, and doing so requires no Ride checks. In addition, if the subject fails the DC 20 Ride check required each round in combat to control their mount, they may dismount as an immediate action to be able to act normally for the round. Their mount still does not act for the whole round.

Material Component
A horse hair.

Tool Box
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1
Effect: One summoned tool box
Saving Throw: None

Casting this spell causes a box filled with tools of all kinds to appear. Any creature can take out a set of tools, such as artisan's tools, a healer's kit, or thieves' tools. None of the tools are considered masterwork, and when the duration of the spell is up, the tools disappear. There is no limit to the amount of tools that can be taken out of the tool box--it constantly refills itself. The tool box and any tools taken from it weigh nothing.

arguskos
2010-08-29, 01:55 PM
While I like the reference to Drawmij, these really don't have anything to do with him or the one spell that bears his title. Source on the connection? Clarify the reference?

Shades of Gray
2010-08-29, 02:29 PM
Also, we are not allowed to use Sir Drawmji's name, I don't think. He's a WoTC character, and in the SRD it is just the spell "Instant Summons" or something to that effect.

Temotei
2010-08-29, 10:43 PM
While I like the reference to Drawmij, these really don't have anything to do with him or the one spell that bears his title. Source on the connection? Clarify the reference?

Here (http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drawmij), though I'll admit that I didn't look at other sources for confirmation on his developed spells. I basically drew some spell names from that list that I liked and made my interpretations of them.

Also, we are not allowed to use Sir Drawmji's name, I don't think. He's a WoTC character, and in the SRD it is just the spell "Instant Summons" or something to that effect.

For sure?

bloodtide
2010-08-29, 11:06 PM
Wow...the spells are so old....all the way back to the first Greyhawk hardcover book.

Breath of life brings someone back to life? Drawmij was a mage. The old breath of life let you hold your breath longer.

Temotei
2010-08-29, 11:09 PM
Breath of life brings someone back to life? Drawmij was a mage. The old breath of life let you hold your breath longer.

Eh. I've not played with these spells; I just created my interpretations of each, basically based off their names.