PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Good League of Good LVIII: Shaken, but not baked

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 07:04 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO or WATCHTOWER.[/SIZE]

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Nexus OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154770) and introduce yourself first. :smallsmile:

Our IC leaders:
President Emeritus: Happy Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
Acting President/Head of Pastoral Care: Quinn (player: Bushranger)
Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)

More positions open
OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:
IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Profession:
Race:
How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
Any other important information:
Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
{table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
Main Lodge|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||
|Charity Evans|Happyturtle
|Otaso|Hyozo
|Phoenix|KidKris
|Anshu|Iames
|Nimai|Iames
|Tomris Nafisim|Je dit Viola
Cabin 1|Jazirian, Khiansa|KidKris|
A|
|Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
C|
Cabin 2|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
A|
Cabin 3|Crodelus|Hyozo|
A|
Cabin 4|Shania|Lex-Kat|
D|broken windows
Cabin 5|Coplantor|Coplantor|
A|Visitors Cabin|
Cabin 6|Marley|ThePhantom|
A|
Cabin 7|Helykaan|Je dit Viola|
A|
Cabin 8|Koyuki|Piggyebil|
A|
|Krysta|Lex-kat|
B|
Cabin 9|Coma Nothing|Beans|
A|
|Vashal|Quinsar|
A|
|Yamako|iElf|
B|
Cabin 10|Brendan, Ashna|Bushranger, Recaiden|
A|
Infirmary|Eko|Earl of Purple|
[/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

Description of the new GLoG setting:
After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. :smallbiggrin: There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming. :smallfrown:

Surroundings:

South, by Neon Knight:
[Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
[Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
|_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
|__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

There is also a small living area in the back which includes a small kitchen and bedroom among a few other things.

Ghosts:

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
Vidalia|Lex-kat|Former member of old GLoG
Heather|Happyturtle|Drowned teenage girl
Jase|Happyturtle|teenage boy
[/table]

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1001/d10/1026/f540261.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/33956942)

Attention villains:
Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0497.html) that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs :smallwink:), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

Reference images:

Main lodge:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1464.jpg

GIANT slide:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/historical_4.jpg

The lake:

http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1545.jpg

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Nexus OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 07:06 PM
[Infirmary]

Jamie bats away the nasty deadtime, and looks to see if anybody else happens to be about.

Recaiden
2010-08-29, 07:26 PM
Jamie won't find Anchor anymore. She rematerialized at home and was dragged to boarding school.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 07:38 PM
Jamie sighs, and goes to put the rest of her cookies on a plate, the better to eat them from.

Not knowing that Quinn and Tobias are going to insist she start school the next morning, either. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 07:45 PM
I wonder how long it'll take Dipsnig to register Vincent and Caroline to get him out of his hair?

Nadas the scholar drow is still looking outside. At his cabin.
Unremarkably, it's still not there and it's still not spontaneously rebuilding itself.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 07:51 PM
Jamie finally realises that somebody else is there, and looks over in surprise.
"Oh, hey. Is something wrong?" the 12-year-old asks, noticing the expression on Nadas' face.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 07:59 PM
"The entirety of my literary works collection has been carbonized at superheated temperatures. Even my first edition copy of the Adventures of Hucklebury Finn and my signed edition of Magic and Mayhem: A guide to Magical Solutions to Chaos Beasts and their Inflictions." :frown:

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 08:01 PM
"Oh. I'm sorry," Jamie says, and from her expression and tone, she truly is.
"Maybe you could make a spell or something that makes a time portal so you could reach back through it and grab your books to pull them through before they got, um, carbonised?"

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 08:06 PM
"A spell of such magnitude and power is beyond my capabilities. Not to mention would create something of a backlash effect, requiring something else to be shoved inadvertently forward in time. In addition to potential paradoxes caused by the fact that I was in there with the literary works just prior to making my way here and the plate shifts. Finally, taking the entirety of the collection would be a feat in and of itself."

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 08:24 PM
Jamie blinks, the vast majority of the drow's words having flown over her head.

"Oh," she finally says, in complete summation of her thoughts on the matter.

ApeofLight
2010-08-29, 08:25 PM
Garth is quietly sitting there carving a piece of wood.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 08:30 PM
Jamie blinks, the vast majority of the drow's words having flown over her head.

"Oh," she finally says, in complete summation of her thoughts on the matter.

"Indubitably."
Nadas adds.
Yep.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 08:50 PM
[Infirmary]

That goes over Jamie's head, too.
Although she gets the jist of it. :smalltongue:

"So. Um...would you like some cookies? I made some earier, they're fresh!"

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 09:01 PM
[Infirmary]

"Are they made with ingredients akin to spider venom?" Nadas asks, sounding entirely serious.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 09:08 PM
[Infirmary]

"What? No!" Jamie protests, eyes wide. "They're made with sugar and chocolate chips!"

happyturtle
2010-08-29, 09:10 PM
[Infirmary]

*POP*

"QUINN!!!!"

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:11 PM
Sudden loud noises make Toby annoyed. So he, fully dressed and cleanshaven, steps out into the infirmary proper to see who needs their voicebox stabbed.

happyturtle
2010-08-29, 09:12 PM
[Infirmary]

He'll see a very panicked Roxie the pixie. "Mr Quinn! Where is she? Fluffy's hurt!"

ApeofLight
2010-08-29, 09:13 PM
Garth is also looking annoyed at the loud noise seeing as it made him mess up his carving of a dragon.

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:14 PM
She's in our room. He looks at her curiously. Is Fluffy your pet? I'm actually better at healing animals than she is, if you want me to take a look. He's a Druid, don'tcha know. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 09:16 PM
[Infirmary]

Jamie shrieks as Roxie appears, leaping back and hiding behind the couch at the sudden shout!

Who knew pixies had such loud voices. :smalltongue:

...meanwhile, in the bedroom, Quinn pulls a pillow over her head for the moment. :smalltongue:
Before rolling out of bed and going to get dressed.

happyturtle
2010-08-29, 09:18 PM
[Infirmary]

"He's half-dragon, half dire rancor. Please, if you can help, I'll do anything." Roxie has tears streaming down her face.

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:20 PM
Toby blinks, stunned into silence for a few seconds. He hasn't really had any experience with that... Why couldn't it be a nice wolf, or a dire tiger or something? Yeah, sure, take me to him.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 09:23 PM
Jamie peeks over the back of the chair she hid behind, and waves at Roxie.

Quinn, yawning and hastily dressed, steps out of the private room. "Toby, dear? What's all the racket?"

happyturtle
2010-08-29, 09:24 PM
[Infirmary]

As soon as Quinn steps close enough to Toby, Roxie will attempt to take hold of them both - probably grabbing a fold of clothing on each - and *POP* them to NO.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 09:31 PM
[Infirmary]

"What? No!" Jamie protests, eyes wide. "They're made with sugar and chocolate chips!"

"It was a humorous gest-" Oh look, she's diving for cover.
Nevermind. So much for making a joke and getting along with the kids. Or whatever you're supposed to do when you don't read.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 09:34 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn has no means of resisting, being still quite sleepy (and a bit exhausted), and so...she's popped!

Jamie blinks...then shrugs, and looks over torwards Nadas.
"Oh, sorry, that loudness kinda startled me."

FireFox
2010-08-29, 09:35 PM
Toby, of course, is teleported along.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 09:39 PM
[Infirmary]

Jamie blinks...then shrugs, and looks over torwards Nadas.
"Oh, sorry, that loudness kinda startled me."

"I am not bothered." He says, leaning back against his chair and resting.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 09:41 PM
"Oh. Well then, um, do you want a cookie, maybe?" Jamie asks, looking surprisingly calm for somebody who just had her parents abducted by a pixie. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 10:01 PM
"I suppose that will be acceptable."

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 10:10 PM
[Infirmary]

Jamie giggles, and scoops up the plate of cookies, holding it out in offering.
"Well then, take one! Or two or three - bet you can't eat just one."

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 10:13 PM
[Infirmary]

"And what would you be willing to wager on such a claim?" Nadas asks as he takes a single cookie and holds it up.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 10:19 PM
[Infirmary]

"If you can only eat just one...then I have to eat all of the rest of them!"
Jamie nods emphatically, seeing no problem at all with this. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 10:24 PM
[Infirmary]

:smallconfused: "I do not believe you comprehend the exact nature and purpose of a wager."
He shrugs and nibbles on his cookie slowly.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 10:47 PM
"Maybe not?" Jamie says, shrugging. "But I'm only twelve years old."
...eight months, actually, but who's counting in the Nexus?

The cookie has a bit too much sugar, but the chocolate is [i]good.

Reinholdt
2010-08-29, 10:56 PM
[Infirmary]

Kids should understand wagers by now!
"It is most delectable, thank you."

Nadas deadtimes.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 10:58 PM
Jamie beams. "...you're welcome! So, can you..."

Hey, he deadtimed!
That's cheating, Jamie sez! :smallannoyed:
...and so she contents herself with only eating [i]half of the cookies. :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2010-08-29, 11:23 PM
A black, unmarked APC rolls through the main gates, the driver easily avoiding the damage done earlier.

Looks to be a bit ominous, but, after it stops in front of the cabins, the side door slides open, letting out a half dozen troopers of Mortal Coil, all armed.

With them, should be Marley.

Don't worry, he's unharmed and unrestrained.

ThePhantom
2010-08-29, 11:24 PM
Marley heads out and looks around.

"Woah, did this place get hit with a volcano?"

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 11:26 PM
There's a motion from the Infirmary curtains, then, a minute later, Quinn (plotcloned and/or time-cloned) pops out, hurrying over...

"That's because it was," she points out. "Welcome, back, Marley," she says, smiling broadly.

ThePhantom
2010-08-29, 11:29 PM
"Hello Quinn. Care to explain why this place was hit with a volcano?"

Marley looks around, hoping that his cabin is still there.

UncleWolf
2010-08-29, 11:30 PM
Commander Vasquez takes off her helmet, revealing a hard woman, scarred by battle. She has dark skin and brown hair, cropped close. "We were the ones sent to rescue him." Her tone is slightly less than friendly. The other five members of her squad file in behind her.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 11:34 PM
It may or may not be, it's up to his player probably.
"I believe there was an apocalpyse, again. Fifth one this year?" Quinn says dryly, before turning to Commander Vasquez, and giving her a formal nod. "I'm Quinn, Acting President of the Good League of Good. Thank you, ma'am."

UncleWolf
2010-08-29, 11:41 PM
Vasquez scowls. That's it? Just a thank you? "I suggest you beef up your security then, "Miss President". We just lost four good people rescuing him for you, and I won't do it again. I don't give a damn who calls in the favor next time."

ThePhantom
2010-08-29, 11:43 PM
"I'll just be going now."

Marley heads off to his cabin. No need to be caught in the crossfire between those two.

The Bushranger
2010-08-29, 11:48 PM
Quinn sighs. "Ma'am, as you can see, we are distinctly short on funds, and a number of our members are on summer vacation. Our gardner was the man who attempted to stop his abdution. There's not much we can add, unless you can refer us to a source for inexpensive wardings?"[/coor]

Like George/Thor! :smalltongue:

[color=green]"I was unaware of any external rescue attempt being made," she says honestly. "And I'm sorry for your loss. I would be happy to provide my services personally in raising your soldiers," she says, honestly.

UncleWolf
2010-08-29, 11:53 PM
Vasquez growls a bit, but keeps herself in line. "We have the means to already." She then points an accusing finger at Marley's back. "Just keep an eye on that man. Otherwise, I'll be making more trips like this, and every time, I'm going to be less...pleasant to be around."

Yeah...even her player would hate to see how she could be less pleasant...

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 12:01 AM
"Alright, then. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know, please?" Quinn says, trying to be diplomatic. "And we'll do our best. I'm not really sure exactly why everybody's so eager to grab him..."

UncleWolf
2010-08-30, 12:04 AM
Vasquez sends a glare at the direction Marley left. "Whatever it is, I suggest you just slit his throat and trap his soul. It'd save everyone trouble." With that, she straps her helmet back on and they begin to file into the APC.

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 12:08 AM
Quinn sighs. "We don't do things like that here," she says firmly. "But thank you for the advice, Miss...?"

UncleWolf
2010-08-30, 12:13 AM
The figures are easy to confuse for one another because they all look alike, but one turns back to answer her. "The Mortal Coil." says a man's voice. There is something in it that will send chills down Quinn's spine. Something that marks him as less than good.

Then the APC's doors close and it drives off silently.

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 12:18 AM
Quinn doesn't get chills, but she does raise an eyebrow, not liking how the fellow sounds.
"...and there they go, shuffling off," she mutters.
Then shakes her head at how much Toby's rubbed off on her. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-08-30, 11:04 AM
Jamie beams. "...you're welcome! So, can you..."

Hey, he deadtimed!
That's cheating, Jamie sez! :smallannoyed:
...and so she contents herself with only eating [i]half of the cookies. :smalltongue:

I'm certain she's very upset.
Nadas comes out of deadtime.

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 11:33 AM
:smalltongue:
"Oh, there you are!" Jamie declares, waving a cookie at Nadas, the plate now looking a good bit less full than it did before. "So. Want another?"

Reinholdt
2010-08-30, 11:42 AM
[Infirmary]

"I think I shall have to decline. One shall suffice and cookies are notorious sugar sinks." Second only to soda!

"I think perhaps I shall check on the damage outside." Nadas says as he stands up.

The Bushranger
2010-08-30, 11:49 AM
Jamie uses POUT on Nadas!
"Awww. Well, if you're sure...I'll stay here though."
There's the rest of a plate of cookies to be eaten, after all, and her player has to run anyway.

Reinholdt
2010-08-30, 11:51 AM
[Infirmary]

It has no effect!
"Probably the optimal choice." Nadas exits the Infirmary and carefully starts climbing his way around the grounds to see what is and what isn't still standing, including checking on the lake and its island.

ApeofLight
2010-08-31, 07:15 PM
Garth is in the main lodge packing supplies of all sorts, mostly food though, into a backpack. Today was the day he had set aside to go dragon hunting. Specifically evil dragon hunting.

Once he has everything he needs packed he slings his sword onto his back along with the backpack and writes a note leaving it on the fridge.

Went out hunting for evil dragons. Will be gone a few days. Don't worry unless I'm gone longer than two weeks.
-With love,
Garth

UncleWolf
2010-09-01, 04:57 PM
[Main Gate]

A rather hurt and delirious Fluffy, everyone's beloved Half Black Dragon Dire Rancor, stumbles through the entrance to GLOG before slowly falling to his knees in front of the infirmary, whimpering. He was tired, and hurt.

He had tried to find his way home, but wasn't used to traveling by foot. Fluffy had wanted to just wait for his Mummy to find him, but he had to prove that he wasn't useless, that he could come back tall and proud like he used to after fights.

His back and sides are covered in deep burns from acidic tendrils and his chest all but burned away, the scales melted and red muscle showing underneath. His bony shoulder plates seem untouched at least. He appears to have lost a lot of blood.

VampireRot
2010-09-01, 05:15 PM
Oh right! I forgot! On the ground outside the GLoG infirmary lies Rot's magical scimitar, which he dropped while running away. It has a nifty freezing enchantment, so if anyone wants a free and 'cool' weapon, feel free to pick it up. Nothing bad will happen unless you pick it up from the pointy end. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-09-01, 05:31 PM
Upon seeing Fluffy, Reelshka goes :smalleek: and screams: Nurse Piper! Quick! For such small creatures, goblins can have surprisingly loud voices.
((Due to Happyturtle being away, someone else will have to RP Nurse Piper))

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 06:04 PM
Perhaps surprsingly (or not), it's Quinn who comes boiling out of the Infirmary on the double. Nurse Piper standing in the doorway behind her grumbling about people calling for her when she can't slip out of the Infirmary.

"...oh, gods. What happened? Where's Roxie?" Quinn demands, even as she hurries over to Fluffy and, taking in his injuries with a glance, tries to reach out and start Laying On Hands, burning as many of her doses of healing as she can.

UncleWolf
2010-09-01, 06:29 PM
[Infirmary]

Under the scales of his back and sides, the surface burns on his skin heal first. After, a mess of scar tissue grows on his chest, but it's far from being fully healed. Fluffy whimpers a bit as it happens.

The Bushranger
2010-09-01, 06:37 PM
Quinn, meanwhile, stumbles back, looking exhausted...

Oh, look. There's a tree-root.

Tree-root, meet Quinn's foot.

Quinn's backside, meet ground firmly.
Quinn's head meet ground a little less firmly.
But still hard enough to knock her out.

:smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2010-09-01, 06:44 PM
Fluffy, feeling a bit better, moves to get onto his hands and knees. He whimpers a bit seeing Quinn, and nudges open the infirmary door. He then lifts Quinn and sets her gently inside to be treated by Nurse Piper. Afterwards, he takes off, using his partly renewed strength to fly back to NO, a little ashamed of needing to be healed so quickly again.

Reinholdt
2010-09-01, 06:58 PM
Oh right! I forgot! On the ground outside the GLoG infirmary lies Rot's magical scimitar, which he dropped while running away. It has a nifty freezing enchantment, so if anyone wants a free and 'cool' weapon, feel free to pick it up. Nothing bad will happen unless you pick it up from the pointy end. :smalltongue:

Nadas, exploring the general and obviously vaguely described destruction of GLoG, sees a scimitar and picks it up!
How the heck does someone use these things anyways? :smallconfused:
But after a quick check, it does seem to be magical...
Wait!
He could sell it to help finance buying more books to replace his collection! INGENIOUS!

Feeling in a considerably better mood, Nadas continues looking around, carrying his new weapon sell bait.

FireFox
2010-09-03, 10:31 PM
Toby appears back here with Quinn.

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 10:33 PM
"Aah!"

Marley, who was outside, runs into the main cabin and locks the door. He's still a bit jumpy after what happened.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 10:35 PM
Quinn's plotclone gets smited by continuity. :smalltongue:

...Quinn, meanwhile, arrives with Tobias, and looks curiously at the rapidly departing Marley.
"...seems we surprised somebody," she observes to her husband.

FireFox
2010-09-03, 10:38 PM
Oh, he's back, is he? His voice is quite devoid of joy. Wanna go kick in the door?

ApeofLight
2010-09-03, 10:39 PM
Garth returns. His hand is crushed hand has sword shrapnel in it. He goes to the infirmary. He looks scared. ... When has he ever looked scared?

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 10:56 PM
[Main Cabin]

Marley is putting a table in front of the door.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 11:01 PM
Oh, he's back, is he? His voice is quite devoid of joy. Wanna go kick in the door?

"No, I don't think we should," Quinn says, scowling and shaking her head at Tobias.
Although, good-naturedly. :smalltongue:

Spotting Garth heading for the Infirmary, she raises an eyebrow, and heads that way...

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:03 PM
Toby hears the sound of the front door being barricaded. He scowls, highly suspicious, and walks towards the main lodge. Is he trying to lock us out? Is something new in there? Perhaps he tipped off AMEN or somebody and is hiding out while they try to hit us.

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 11:04 PM
[Main Cabin]

Marley, after putting more objects in front of the door, goes and hids in a closet.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 11:08 PM
[Outside > Infirmary]

"Well, you can check it out...just try not to kill him, dear. The scary Imperials with the APCs wouldn't be happy if you did."

And now Quinn enters the Infirmary, following Garth.

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:10 PM
Toby grins at Quinn, then hurls himself through a window, glass shattering before him. If was wearing a dark cape and cowl, he couldn't be anymore like Batman. :smalltongue:
All right Marley, let's get this over with. What's the trap? He looks around the building, stretching out all of his keen senses.

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 11:12 PM
[Main Cabin]

Well, the only thing here, other than the normal stuff, is the sound of Marley's heavy breathing, coming from a closet.

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:16 PM
Oops: my mention of Gordon in the prior post was a type, sorry.

Toby checks to make sure he has a knife readily available, but doesn't draw it. He walks up and boldly throws open the closet door. What are you so scared of?

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 11:21 PM
[Main Cabin]

"Ahh!"

Marley cringes, then stops after he sees its only Toby.

"Oh, its just you. I thought it was AMEN again."

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:23 PM
Toby checks to see if Marley is lying, then sighs. Next time look before you make a fool out of yourself. He moves aside the furniture, and starts to exit through the door.

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 11:25 PM
Marley frowns.

"Hey, running away and hiding is about the only defense I have against them. And if they can come in here to get you, it would be easy enough for them to get here and get me."

Marley shakes his finger at Toby.

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:27 PM
Bah, they only got me last time because I didn't know about their blood magic. They won't be getting me a second time. He shrugs, massively unafraid.

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 11:29 PM
Marley sighs. Why does Toby continue to demean him, its not his fault he can't fight worth beans.

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:31 PM
Why does Marley continue to take offense at nothing at all, it's not his fault his last sentence had nothing to do with Marley at all.

The Druid goes to find Quinn.

ThePhantom
2010-09-03, 11:33 PM
Hey, people misapply sentences all the time.

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 11:33 PM
Quinn can be found in the Infirmary, hands on her hips, and regarding the deadtime ooze that slimed Garth with distaste.

She looks around though as Toby enters, and smiles. "Hello, dear."

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:36 PM
Sure. More often than not, they're people with what are medically referred to as "delusions of persecution". However, it would be quite hypocritical of me to make fun of Marley for that reason, so I won't. :smalltongue:

Toby smiles back. Hey, honey. Jamie off at school?

The Bushranger
2010-09-03, 11:52 PM
"Yeah. She wasn't too happy about it, but I convinced her it would be fun. I think some of her friends are there, too," Quinn says. "That helped her feel a little better about it, too."

FireFox
2010-09-03, 11:53 PM
Well great. We want her growing up really smart like me. He grins and sits on a bed, leaving the "... not like you" part an unspoken tease.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:04 AM
"Oh? Like you, eh?"
Quinn sticks her tongue out at Toby, and sits next to him on the medbed.
"As opposed to like anybody else, then, I take it?"

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:05 AM
Toby tries to put an arm around her waist and lean into her. Okay, maybe I'm not the best example. Seeing how I ran away from home when I was twelve to go live in the woods and all. Did you ever go to a university?

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:07 AM
He's successful, and Quinn tries to put an arm around Toby's waist as well.
"Hmm...not really. I was going to, but some things got in the way...I self-taught myself most of what I know," she admits. "Aside from the psionics, anyway. That I had a tutor for."

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:09 AM
Toby gently snuggles up to his wife. Really? What happened?

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:11 AM
And Quinn snuggles back.
"Well, the first proper school I went to kinda...closed down mysteriously. Later, I was too busy trying to make a living to be able to go to college," she admits, sighing quietly. "I had some great friends who helped me out though."

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't know. Did you go to a High School?

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:21 AM
"It's OK." Quinn giggles, and turns her head to try and kiss Toby's cheek. "I don't always remember everything about my past, myself."

Especially since parts of it are still being created. :smalltongue:

"The High School was the school that mysteriously closed," she admits. "I found a private tutor, after that."

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:23 AM
Spooky. His cheek is kissed, and he smiles happily. I read a lot, I guess you could call me precocious, and I knew a fair bit before I went off to live with the Druids. Then I learned a bunch of really cool stuff, like how much electricity I have to generate magically to stop a man's heart.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:25 AM
"And you get to use that information every day, right?" Quinn says teasingly. "I worked for a...'perfectly legitimate shipping concern', for a brief time," she adds, grinning.

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:29 AM
Toby playfully tries to run a hand up her arm, making enough static electricity to try and get her hairs to stand on end. Oh? What did you smuggle? Drugs or guns?

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:31 AM
Toby's successful!
Making Quinn giggle, and playfully swat at him.
"Goods in general. Actually, I think the proper term was more 'pirate', although I never did anything more than work in the warehouse where good were kept. I learned a lot of my psionics there, though."

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:32 AM
Interesting. From the look on his face, it's pretty clear he's imagining her in pirate wench uniform. :smallamused:

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:34 AM
"You know..." Quinn trails off, looking Toby over and noticing his look. "Maybe I should do a little shopping the next time I go into town..." She winks.

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:35 AM
Toby grins. With Jamie at school, we'll have more time around the "house".

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:35 AM
"Why, Tobias Druid. You dirty, dirty-minded scoundrel!" Quinn scolds, wagging her finger at Tobias.
While grinning.

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:37 AM
He leans over, trying to put a gentle hand on the back of her head, and goes to kiss her softly. You're the one who was a pirate.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:43 AM
Quinn melts into the kiss, smiling happily, and relaxing against him.
"True...and my thoughts have oft been naught but pure..." she giggles.

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:44 AM
Toby tries to pull her into his lap so he can kiss her better. Love you.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:46 AM
Quinn slips into Toby's lap, sitting across it, and wraps her arms around his neck.
"Love you too."

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:47 AM
The Druid rubs his wife's back gently, smiling blissfully at her.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:49 AM
Quinn giggles, relaxing against her husband. "Will you carry your pirate away to your quarters, dear?" she whispers.

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:50 AM
He laughs and does just that. Is this the part where you seize the booty?

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 12:56 AM
Quinn smirks - and lets one of her hands do just that. :smalltongue:
"Oh, I was thinking more that perhaps I would be plundered," she says with a grin.

FireFox
2010-09-04, 12:56 AM
Toby takes her in their back room and kisses her lovingly before pulling the curtain.

ApeofLight
2010-09-04, 12:50 PM
Garth returns to the land of the living-timed with a mangled hand! He's also in the infirmary currently.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 12:20 PM
Toby is hanging around the infirmary, waiting for Garth to undeadtime so he can fix his hand, or waiting for anyone else to show up.

Morty
2010-09-05, 12:23 PM
Reelshka undeadtimes in the infirmary, wodnering if it's safe to go out.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 12:27 PM
Toby looks at the Goblin curious, having seen her around but not really knowing what she's doing here.

Morty
2010-09-05, 12:31 PM
Reelshka notices Tobias. She also doesn't really know him; she knows he's Quinn's husband, but apart from that, not much. He appears to be a quiet and surly sort. Reelshka also finds him a little intimidating, but she's a goblin, so it's not saying much. She gives him a little wave.
Hello.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 12:35 PM
Hi. He looks at her while absently filling his pipe. You wouldn't happen to be here for redemption, would you?

Morty
2010-09-05, 12:37 PM
Reelshka shakes her head. No. I came here to hide, really, and I like it here so I stayed.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 12:38 PM
He looks a little disappointed, but gets over it quickly. Fair enough. Who're you hiding from?

Morty
2010-09-05, 12:41 PM
Some crazy woman who threatened to kill me if I didn't kill someone else. Reelshka folds her arms across her chest. As before, she looks more angry than scared when talking about it. I haven't seen her since, so I suppose I'm safe here. But you never know.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 12:41 PM
Yeah, psychopaths are a real problem around here. He manages to keep a straight face. So who were you supposed to bump off?

Morty
2010-09-05, 12:50 PM
Reelshka scatches her head. Some young boy... I can't remember his name. It was El or something along those lines. I thought about warning him, but I didn't know where to look for him and I was afraid she would follow me.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 01:02 PM
Huh, unusual, but not really surprising. So what is it that you do, when you're not on the run from crazy people?

Morty
2010-09-05, 01:05 PM
I'm an architect. I'm one of the owners of a mining and engineering company in Inside. Around here, I checked the buildings and fixed the leaks during that storm. I'm an amateur artist, too. How about you? She's only heard that he's a druid of some sort.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 01:08 PM
Huh, interesting. A useful Goblin. That's a new one. Well, I'm a Druid. I use my magic to help heal people here and, not so much recently, right Evil.

Morty
2010-09-05, 01:13 PM
Oh. Cool. I'm not any good in a fight, myself, she says a little ashamed. I don't have any magic either. My cousin became a mage, but I haven't seen him in a long time.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 01:14 PM
That's okay. People like me learn how to be great fighters so that most people don't have to know what it's like. He shrugs and lights his pipe with a match.

Morty
2010-09-05, 01:32 PM
So I understand. Some people here know how to do things most people back home wouldn't dream of without copious amounts of alcohol.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 01:34 PM
The Druid chuckles. That's a nice way of putting it. This land holds the dreams of the collective imaginations of a thousand worlds. Anything and everything is true here. It's a lot to get used to.

Morty
2010-09-05, 01:38 PM
That explains a lot. And yes, it is. Shortly after arriving here, I met a person with cat ears, and while that was weird, it seems normal and plain now. My friend Grimzig got into a bar brawl with a specieist around that time, but that at least is nothing new.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 01:42 PM
Toby shrugs and puffs on his pipe. The worst part, for me, is that it seems to be too dangerous to raise my little girl here.

Morty
2010-09-05, 01:45 PM
Hmmm... yes, it isn't really a child-friendly place. I take it you don't really have anywhere to raise her instead. The reasoning being, if he had, he'd have sent her there by now.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 01:49 PM
I take her and Quinn with me to my home world when things get too rough, but she has friends here, and... he shrugs and trails off. Yeah. And then he deadtimes.

celtois
2010-09-05, 02:27 PM
Hmm, well this was a bit of a hike. She really wasn't quite sure what to expect to find here. Still the little girl and told her that she might be able to find help here. Her parents might be able to send her home.

It was the best lead she'd had in.... well the entire time here in nexus. Yet, why did she feel like she was walking to her doom?

Her train of thought is lost as the cabins of GloG finally come into sight.

Here she was, the hike hadn't be unpleasant at least. Well save for the weather, but she'd been through worse. Now to find the parents.

Any member of GloG might encounter a rather wet looking soldier followed by a floating metal ball. She doesn't appear to bear any ill intentions, nor to be in much of a hurry.

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 02:29 PM
And the person encountered by the approaching soldier and 'bot could possibly be Quinn. As she's busy tryning to help rebuild the gardens.

Alex, for the record, rage-quit after the magma attack. :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-09-05, 02:47 PM
It is entirely possible.. and would be a funny coincidence.

She continues walking, on through the gates. Before stopping upon noticing a person working away on the gardens. Well, she supposed this was the place. Might as well start asking around. It was unlikely that a gardener would know people of incredible power. But this world had certainly thrown some funny surprises at her so far. She approaches the gardener cautiously before speaking up quietly "Excuse me. Miss. Would this be the GloG building?"
Sparky meanwhile is off floating around, checking out his new surroundings, and beeping at plants. They don't seem to respond. How sad.

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 02:59 PM
[Garden]

Looking around in surprise at hearing somebody speaking up, Quinn stands, wiping her hands on her apron, and smiles at the newcomer. "Why, hello there. This is the Good League of Good, yes. Are you here to join?"

It might be noted that large parts of the ground look to have been magma-tised recently.
Including large parts of the garden.
That blue rosebush, though, remains infuriatingly blooming. :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-09-05, 03:04 PM
[Garden]

Ayrissa will smile back pleasantly. "Ah, good I'm in the right place. No miss I'm not here to join. I was told to come here by a Miss Jamie. Told me her parents might be able to help me with a... situation. Do you know where I might find them?"

Magma? Well now that was weird. Charred ground, heaven knows how that happened. The sooner she was out of this loonyville the better.

Sparky doesn't seem phased by the plant's silence and he continues beeping on at them. The beeps sound friends. Maybe he's trying to make conversation.

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 03:09 PM
[Garden]

The plants, not being Triffids or owned by somebody named Seymour, remain annoyingly silent.

"Oh, you met Jamie?" The brown-haired woman smiles. "She's my daughter. I'm Quinn, Acting President of the Good League of Good. It's a pleasure to meet you Ayrissa." And she offers a hand to shake. "How can I help you?"

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 03:19 PM
I suppose Garth is being patched up in the infirmary?

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 03:21 PM
[Infirmary]

Toby was there to do it, yeah...

celtois
2010-09-05, 03:23 PM
[Garden]

Given the recent past, in more way then one. She's become more then a little cautious of touching people or being touched. Still it probably won't be dangerous. After all it's just a handshake.
She will take the hand and give it a firm shake.
"Yes, she was kind enough to help me out after a..... run in with an insane man. I don't belong here in this world. Having ended up here somehow when trying to go to New York in my world. I want to go back to my world. This is complicated by the fact that I apparently am, deathly allergic to.... magic." The last word is almost a struggle for her to say. As if she doesn't want to even believe that such a thing exist let alone that it's a problem for her.

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 03:25 PM
[Garden]

Quinn's handshake is friendly and firm.
And both of her eyebrows go up.

"Oh dear. That would be a problem here."
Quinn takes a deep breath, blowing it out through pursed lips.
"Lots of people, when they arrive here, want to go back. Very few manage it though. If your world isn't permamently connected somehow...well, it takes some pretty serious work to develop a way back."
Such as Quests! and Plot. :smallwink:

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 03:30 PM
Garth has stepped out of the infirmary and is looking out over the camp.

celtois
2010-09-05, 03:35 PM
[Garden]

It doesn't help that the Nexus seems to have some sort of Psuedo control over her. Being able to pull her into multiple places at once. It'll be hard to make it let go.

"So it would seem. Not something I imagined I'd ever have to say. But I do have to avoid....... magic." She nods, before blowing out a long sigh. "I see. So I'm stuck here for a while then?"

Well wasn't that useful.. Now you know your stuck here. Time to get to work on, getting work. Back to NO I suppose.

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 03:38 PM
[Garden]

"Well, probably." Quinn gives Ayrssia an apologetic smile. "Now, if you can give me something of yours, I can try and see what I can do to try to pin down exactly where you're from, at least? But yeah. Ever heard the song Hotel California? The Nexus is kind-of like that. You can enter, but only rarely leave."

celtois
2010-09-05, 04:00 PM
[Garden]

"Well I guess I already kinda figured I couldn't go back." Ayrissa roots through the small medical bag in her pouch and pulls out a small stuffed animal dog. "Yeah I've heard it. Old pop hit. Though I think Insane Asylum would probably be a better descriptor for this place."

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 04:03 PM
[Garden]

Quinn giggles. "Oh, we're all quite mad here," she quotes. "But don't worry. You get used to it, after a time. I'd be willing to try to fix something up to protect you from magic, if you'd like."

Right now, though, it's food-time dead-time.

celtois
2010-09-05, 04:11 PM
[Garden]

"So I've noticed. This whole place is absolutely batty. I doubt I'll get used to it. Maybe just stop caring." She pauses to think about that last part. "How? More magic?"

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 06:24 PM
[Garden]

"Sort of. Do you know if it's just magic, or psychic effects that you're allergic to?" Quinn asks. "I might be able to help that way. Or, acquire a device that...neutralises magic around you. Kind of a walking anti-magic field. I believe there's technological devices that can do that."

And Erin's Emporium sells them (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061224011352/stargate/images/thumb/3/3b/Anti-Prior_device.JPG/800px-Anti-Prior_device.JPG)!

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 07:36 PM
Garth continues to sit on the front porch overlooking the camp.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 08:14 PM
Raril strolls onto the campgrounds of the Good League of Good, not for the first time wondering about the redundancy of the name. Oh well, it certainly wasn't the strangest thing he'd heard in the Nexus. The drow adjusts his his hat and the collar of his shirt, recently cleaned and repaired after a run-in with his daughter. And now he was looking for his son. Hopefully things would go better, here.

Raril starts to wander, looking for a drow who bears a strong family resemblance, or anyone who might know where that particular person might be.

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 08:22 PM
Well Garth certainly isn't a drow, too big and muscularly. The light brown hair and eyes don't really help either. Though he can be talked to and can probably help.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 08:24 PM
Nadas shouldn't be too horribly hard to find. Sure the place had been somewhat devastated by the recent earthquakes and magma caused by the end of the world. Right now I think Raril's choices include out on the grounds or in the infirmary. I don't think very much else survived. Or if it had, not too many mentions have been made.

Nadas for his part, the scholarly robes dressed, spectacle wearing drow is sitting on a rock next to where his cabin used to be. He has purple hair, but it's been dyed black. His eyes have the slightest tinge of red in his pupils. He has thus far managed to retrieve two books and one magical frost scimitar from the chaos. And it looks like that's all he's getting too. Said scimitar isn't his and he hasn't a clue how to use it and thoroughly intends to sell it soon. He's going through the two books he does have with great interest. No doubt to memorize them in case something like this ever happens again and his three-wagon full collection gets destroyed again. Course he needs to buy a lot more to catch up to where he was.

TLDR. He's on a jutting rock, looking at one of his two remaining books. GLoG members feel free to direct Raril there if he doesn't spot Nadas himself.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 08:25 PM
Raril spots Garth and walks over. "Hello. I'm looking for someone, I was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction?"

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 08:31 PM
Garth blinks coming out of a reserve. " Oh, um sure. What's there name and I'm sure we can find them on the members and guest lists. "

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 08:35 PM
"Nadas Xar'Cha." The drow explains. "I was told he was staying here. I'm not sure if he's a member or not. Although, that would be good news." He admits.

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 08:39 PM
" Oh, well if he's not a member he'll be on the guest list. We have a lot of people here that aren't actually members but are allowed to stay here as a sanctuary of sorts. " Garth says and then goes inside and comes back out with a paper.

He runs a finger down it as he repeats the name over and over. " Nadas, Nadas, Nadas Xabtraffic, ah here, Nadas Xar'Char... He's staying... over there... " He says pointing to where Reinholdt said he was.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 08:58 PM
"Thanks, friend." Raril tips his hat and walks in the indicated direction.

Where he finds Nadas, sitting on a rock, reading a book. It was innocent, almost cute. Raril prayed that was the case.

"Nadas?" The drow says, stopping a safe distance away, slightly tensed to dodge any spell the kid might throw.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 09:04 PM
Nadas is indeed a member. He looked up at the sound of the approach, likewise tensing. Other drow weren't exactly... friendly. He suspected Danube finally caught up with him. If that were the case, then he likely couldn't defeat this other drow in battle. Especially not sitting down as he was. Best just to hope for support in the case something went down. There were a few people in the infirmary who would likely come to his aid if he screamed.

"Yes?" Nadas of course, far more resembled his father than Ilpholin did. Though that didn't make Raril readily recognizable to him.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 09:13 PM
"My name is Raril Xar'Cha. I'm... your father." The drow explains slowly, watching for the boy's reaction.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 09:19 PM

"Oh." The normally verbose Nadas says nothing else, keeping his expression as indifferent as possible, and actually looks back down at his book to continue reading.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 09:26 PM
((Was the insane amount of white space really necessary?))

"Right..." Raril scratches the back of his head. "Well, at least you aren't trying to kill me like your sister did." He admits with a chuckle.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 09:29 PM
"This is accurate." He admits, not looking up.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 09:40 PM
Raril shifts on his feet, looking a bit awkward. As much as he wanted to, he had no idea how to be a father.

"Look, Nadas, I came here to warn you. Danube knows that we're all up here and that we have no intention of coming back. She's not going to like that. You understand?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 09:45 PM
"I was already aware." Page turn. Granted he didn't know Ilpholin and Raril were up here and hiding, but already knew Danube wasn't happy with him not coming back.

Perhaps Nadas' coldness is refreshing in comparison to Ilpholin's moodswings? Perhaps not. Either way he hasn't looked back up at Raril.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 09:49 PM
"Oh... good." Raril says, before taking a few cautious steps foreward. He titls his head, trying to get a look at the cover off the book. "What are you reading?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 09:54 PM
Nadas sighs and holds up the book for Raril to see the cover.
"Plankton, a History of Cultural Significance and Ecological Impact."
This is indeed what the title on the cover says.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 09:57 PM
"Oh... What's plankton?" Microscopic ocean organisms were not something the bard was familiar with.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 10:03 PM
"Plankton are minute, passively floating, aquatic animal life or vegetation found in a body of hydrogen dioxide." He lowers the book and resumes reading.

Yes, it's as boring as it sounds.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 10:11 PM
Raril blinks and tries to think his way through that. Common was not his first language, or even his second. Eventually he gets it though, frowning a bit in confusion.

"And you're into that, hm?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 10:15 PM
"Not in any particular fashion more befitting to a marine biologist, no." It's knowledge for knowledge's sake!

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 10:25 PM
More words that go over the Drow's head. Still, he thinks he gets the idea.

"Ah, that's good. I don't do a lot of reading myself, these days. I prefer learning through talking to people. Although, I think I still have some books from when I was at school. I think I'm a bit nastalgiac that way. I never throw anything away."

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 10:30 PM
"And you were able to extract yourself from Menzoberranzan with these literary works in hand?" Nadas is doing his best to try not to sound excited and remain emotionless, though he is fidgeting with the edge of the page a lot now.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 10:31 PM
[Entrance]

A beat up old red pick up truck pulls up, with lumber and building supplies in the back.

Charity sure hopes Reelshka and others can actually put the supplies to good use, because she certainly can't.

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 10:36 PM
Raril grins and nods. "Yeah. I carried them right out with me." He looks at Nadas curiously, picking up a little bit on his excitement. "You wouldn't be interested in them, would you?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 10:39 PM
"Perhaps."
>>
"I would of course need to see them personally in order to ascertain their value as reading material." Pfft. Like he's ever NOT read a book he got his hands on. Just be glad he hasn't run into the Necronomicon.

UncleWolf
2010-09-05, 10:40 PM
[Entrance]

Edijar smiles and gives Charity a quick peck on the cheek before stepping out of the truck and putting a massive armload of lumber over his shoulder. His power armor easily lets him carry more than any man should be able to, and he begins to pile it in an open spot, humming to himself.

He wonders if there's any booze left in the cooler he left here...

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 10:43 PM
[Entrance]

Charity would help with the unloading, but moving lumber slowly one piece at a time is rather inefficient. So she stands around. Normally this would be an ideal opportunity to ogle her boyfriend, but power armor ruins the effect badly. So she looks around and, seeing Nadas in the distance talking to another elf, waves at him. She won't interrupt his conversation though.

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 10:45 PM
[Entrance]

Garth sees the truck pull up and sees the materials being taken out. So, he decides to go see if he can help. " Hey there! Allow me to help you there. "

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 10:49 PM
"Oh, of course. Of course." Raril pulls his back off of his shoulder and sets it down next to Nadas and begins digging through it. "Let's see what I've got in here... How about a few arcane texts, stolen from one of the finest libraries at the Sorcere." He pulls out a pair of leatherbound books, their titles embossed in gold drow script, and holds them out to Nadas.

UncleWolf
2010-09-05, 10:52 PM
[Entrance]

Edijar grabs another armload of lumber and begins to move it as he answers Garth. "I can handle the lumber, but there's also several crates of nails and some roofing if you think you can get that." He sees that Raril is there and silently approves that the man is out and about.

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 10:58 PM
[Entrance]

Garth nods and goes to unpack the nails and roofing. He can handle it and the manual labor is a good distraction for the moment.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 11:02 PM
[Entrance]

Charity would help with the unloading, but moving lumber slowly one piece at a time is rather inefficient. So she stands around. Normally this would be an ideal opportunity to ogle her boyfriend, but power armor ruins the effect badly. So she looks around and, seeing Nadas in the distance talking to another elf, waves at him. She won't interrupt his conversation though.
Nadas waves back. Hi there Charity!

"Oh, of course. Of course." Raril pulls his back off of his shoulder and sets it down next to Nadas and begins digging through it. "Let's see what I've got in here... How about a few arcane texts, stolen from one of the finest libraries at the Sorcere." He pulls out a pair of leatherbound books, their titles embossed in gold drow script, and holds them out to Nadas.

"You... store your literary works in your upper rear storage container?" Isn't that... heavy? Oh wait...
"You have an extra-dimensional storage container?!" :smalleek:
Man, Nadas looked everywhere for one, but never could get a hold of one.

He flips open the book quickly to... study the copyright page. He's the type of person to read the instructions in both english and in spanish to see if they match. :smallannoyed:

Artemis97
2010-09-05, 11:31 PM
Raril looks up to see who Nadas is waving at, and although he doesn't know Charity, he does recognize Edijar, and tips his hat to the man.

Nadas isn't likely to find any copywrite information in those books. They're hand-written manuscripts, with meticiculously drawn diagrams, written by a few older masters at the Sorcere.

The drow chuckles a bit when Nadas asks about his bag. "Yeah, I have a few of them, actually. Wouldn't be able to carry much of anything if I didn't. They're expensive, but well worth it I think. Now what else do I have in here? I think I have a Drow history book, for all the good it's worth. Very biased, if you ask me. Of course, there aren't too many surface elves willing to discuss the Crown Wars with me." He passes that one to his son next. This was a printed work, bearing the mark of the church of Lolth.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 11:39 PM
The first page with any information at all would be Nadas' goal then.
I think he's going to asplode, he can barely contain himself.
"Ooooh... we shouldn't remain out here in these sub-par conditions. It would be unhealthy for the literary works." We need somewhere dark and dusty! Nadas moves to stand, now carrying four rather heavy looking books in his arms. I thought he was a weakling? :smallconfused:

I guess just touching books gives him super strength or something.

((deadtime))

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 11:42 PM
And Quinn, undeadtiming, emerges, looking curiously at the two drow before approaching Edijar and Charity with a smile. "Hello there," she calls, waving. "Here to help rebuild?"

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 12:05 AM
Raril's a bit confused by that. The books must have been sitting at the bottom of his bag for a decade or two, and he didn't think of them as particularly literarily valuable. "Err... Okay." He picks up his bag and follows after Nadas.

He wonders how the boy would react to the sacks full of scrolls he just remembered he still had from that one dungeon crawl a few years back. They'd been run out of town before he ever had a chance to sell them.

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 12:44 AM
"Here to provide materials and moral support," Charity says. She dipped into her trust fund to purchase the goods. "I can also be counted on to bring cold beers and sandwiches to the labourers." :smallsmile:

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 12:45 AM
"Awesome." Quinn beams. And Charity might notice her hands are dirty. "I was working in the garden earlier...trying to put off what to do about the cabins that got wrecked. You're a lifesaver, Charity."

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 12:49 AM
"At least the main lodge survived, and there's plenty of room to keep everyone under a roof." Suddenly her mind puts together the significance of Nadas's cabin being gone.

"Oh no... Nadas's library!" :smalleek: :smallfrown: She has an idea he's feeling the way she would feel if an art museum was destroyed. So many great works... gone.

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 12:53 AM
"...that's what Jamie was talking about," Quinn says quietly. "Yeah...if he had books in there, I'm afraid they're gone." :smallfrown:

"At least we didn't lose anybody. Aside from, well, our gardener kind of quit."

UncleWolf
2010-09-06, 12:58 AM
Edijar nods politely to Quinn as he sets the last of the lumber down and grabs the giant red toolbox from the back of the truck with a grunt of effort. Must be a lot of tools...

"Don't worry, we'll get the repairs done soon."

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 01:07 AM
"Thanks. And I'll help, of course." Quinn smiles to Edijar, then looks at Charity. "You know, I bet Jamie would love to help out with the sandwiches..."

Continuity be darned! :smalltongue:
(alas, though, time o' dead)

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 01:55 AM
Charity ponders books and things while she goes to the main lodge's kitchen to make sandwiches.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 07:07 AM
A winged shape flies over the forests towards camp, moving on a graceful glide before ducking to the left and circling around. The creature's massive bat-esque, chalk white wings might make it appear to be some sort of demon. This, combined with a distinct aura of evil and Void (for those who can sense that sort of thing) may put some of the do-gooders off immediately.

Maybe this was a bad idea, Praetorious. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9300280&postcount=182) I mean, you're liable to get shot at.

The creature lands atop the main lodge unless attacked, peering down at the assembled do-gooders. Prae appears to be a human, except for the odd eyes and the massive pair of veiny wings extending from his back.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 08:47 AM
Raril's a bit confused by that. The books must have been sitting at the bottom of his bag for a decade or two, and he didn't think of them as particularly literarily valuable. "Err... Okay." He picks up his bag and follows after Nadas.

He wonders how the boy would react to the sacks full of scrolls he just remembered he still had from that one dungeon crawl a few years back. They'd been run out of town before he ever had a chance to sell them.

They're books! Of course they're valuable. Even the blatant propaganda ones can be studied for cultural significance! And he mostly just meant let's not sit on this magma rock outside. Nadas would probably have a litergasm if he saw the scrolls.

Anyways, Nadas carries the books he has with some difficulty towards the Main Lodge so they have someplace proper to sit and read. But asks some questions along the way. "Did Ilpholin finally inform Danube of current location? Are they aware of where I'm situated?"

He glances up at the bird-man thing that just landed on the Main Lodge.
Huh.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 10:21 AM
Prae's wings fold around him as he crouches atop the roof. He gives Nadas and his companion an awkward little wave, unsure what to say or who to talk to. Those creepy eyes of his flick around, and he edges towards the tip of the roof.

"Hello." He finally says, to the drow.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 10:27 AM
"Salutations. Is there a particular reason why you are perched on the upper echelons of our community abode?"

((deadtime))

Murkus
2010-09-06, 10:41 AM
"I wanted to..." And then Nadas deadtimes. Praetorious frowns, spreading his wings again, and swoops in another circle above the cabins, looking for someone who isn't busy/deadtimed.

Or really anyone who can speak.

Morty
2010-09-06, 10:46 AM
Reelshka emerges from her room in the cellar. Thankfully it wasn't damaged during the apocalypse.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 10:50 AM
The large, winged human lands directly in front of Reelshka with a blast of air. His flight appendages furl close, twitching every so often.

"Hello."

Morty
2010-09-06, 10:56 AM
Reelshka, a female goblin with a ponytail, wearing dark brown practical clothes and a classy dark green hats is a bit startled by Praetorious' appearance.
Uh, hi.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 11:02 AM
Praetorious looks around a little, at all these things he's never seen before. "Are you some sort of demon?" He asks, having never seen a goblin before.

"Your village smells of Hell. Was I misinformed? Is this GLoG?"

Morty
2010-09-06, 11:05 AM
No. I'm a goblin. And the reason this place smells like Hell might be because someone from Hell tried to destroy it recently.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 11:08 AM
"Goblin." He pauses, studying her a bit eerily. "I've never seen a 'goblin' before."

The creature crouches down to the Goblin's height and offers a hand to shake. He gives a weak smile. "I am Praetorious. And you?"

Morty
2010-09-06, 11:11 AM
Reelshka shakes his hand. I'm Reelshka. Reelshka Trollfinger. What business do you have in GLoG?

Murkus
2010-09-06, 11:13 AM
He pauses a moment to take in this odd name, and then stands back up. "I wanted to join. But you all look fairly busy, and I can return later if it would be better suited..." His voice trails off.

Morty
2010-09-06, 11:15 AM
No, it's okay. I'm not doing anything right now. Why do you want to join us?

Murkus
2010-09-06, 11:25 AM
He smiles a bit more, and his wings suddenly start to morph back inside his body. The appendages crack and twist, smashing together and then flowing back towards his spine. Soon, he's just a human with a large pair of holes in his shirt.

As this happens, he says, "I have a lot to make up for. And... I heard GLoG was good for helping people like me. At the same time, I decided I could help you..."

He shrugs.

ApeofLight
2010-09-06, 11:26 AM
Garth finishes unloading the building supplies at the entrance. " There, that should be the last of it. "

Morty
2010-09-06, 11:27 AM
Reelshka's eyes go wide as she responds: So I take it you're looking for redemption, then?

Murkus
2010-09-06, 12:22 PM
He thinks about the word 'redemption' a long moment. "Yes I am. Is... is that surprising?"

Morty
2010-09-06, 12:24 PM
No... I was just surprised at your... well at your wings. And if you're looking for redemption, you're definetly welcome here. You should talk to Mrs. Quinn Druid, our Acting President.

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 01:09 PM
They're books! Of course they're valuable. Even the blatant propaganda ones can be studied for cultural significance! And he mostly just meant let's not sit on this magma rock outside. Nadas would probably have a litergasm if he saw the scrolls.

Anyways, Nadas carries the books he has with some difficulty towards the Main Lodge so they have someplace proper to sit and read. But asks some questions along the way. "Did Ilpholin finally inform Danube of current location? Are they aware of where I'm situated?"

He glances up at the bird-man thing that just landed on the Main Lodge.
Huh.

[Main Lodge]

"Not Ilpholin, Tebtranlyn's told her, actually. I suppose it's my fault, too. He found me and I told him to tell Danube that I simply wasn't going to come home. Ilpholin was there as well, and Teb named her traitor along with me. He's sworn to kill us both, and probably you as well. That is, unless Danube comes up with a more... creative fate for all of us." Raril scratches at the side of his head nervously. "I am sorry for dragging you into this. I didn't think he'd lump you both in with me, with how long we've been seperated."

Murkus
2010-09-06, 01:18 PM
No... I was just surprised at your... well at your wings. And if you're looking for redemption, you're definetly welcome here. You should talk to Mrs. Quinn Druid, our Acting President.

The retired Seeker crosses his arms, turning to the rest of the camp. "Well... would you show me to her? Or if you can help me, ahm...?" He's confused. Especially since a lot of GLoGers seem to be deadtimed.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 01:27 PM
[Main Lodge]

"Not Ilpholin, Tebtranlyn's told her, actually. I suppose it's my fault, too. He found me and I told him to tell Danube that I simply wasn't going to come home. Ilpholin was there as well, and Teb named her traitor along with me. He's sworn to kill us both, and probably you as well. That is, unless Danube comes up with a more... creative fate for all of us." Raril scratches at the side of his head nervously. "I am sorry for dragging you into this. I didn't think he'd lump you both in with me, with how long we've been seperated."

"I'm sorry, I may have clarified poorly. Danube should have already known that I wasn't intending on returning and I suspect she may have agents already out in the field looking for me, depending on worthwhile she considered the effort and whether or not Ilpholin sabotaged any of said efforts. I desire to know if she's aware of my current location here at Good League of Good."

He secretly curses Teb for being a little prick, internally.

Morty
2010-09-06, 01:40 PM
The retired Seeker crosses his arms, turning to the rest of the camp. "Well... would you show me to her? Or if you can help me, ahm...?" He's confused. Especially since a lot of GLoGers seem to be deadtimed.

I'm a relatively new member, so I don't think I'd be of much help. But I can take you to Mrs. Quinn.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 01:45 PM
"Alright then. Thank you." He unfolds his arms, wringing his hands together for a brief moment. "Let's go."

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 01:47 PM
[Main Lodge]

"Ilpholin knows your here, and now, so do I. I haven't told anyone, but she may have." Raril shrugs. "I just don't know."

Morty
2010-09-06, 01:49 PM
"Alright then. Thank you." He unfolds his arms, wringing his hands together for a brief moment. "Let's go."

Reelshka will lead Praetorious to Quinn, and they both presumably get caught into the latter's deadtime.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 01:52 PM
[Main Lodge]

"Fortunate. It is unlikely I'll have to evacuate the immediate premises then. It would be improbable that Ilpholin would turn over that information so long as she expects me to retain her secret to myself. So long as no one followed you to the premises I should be safe for the time being."

Nadas finds a table to sit at and open up one of the books Raril gave him to look at.

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 02:23 PM
[Main Lodge]

"I am certain I was not followed. So long as we can trust your sister, I think you'll be safe." Raril takes a seat across from his son.

And Nadas has a choice of two arcane texts, and one history book. And Raril seems to be searching through his bag again for more.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 03:41 PM
[Main Lodge]

"Very well." Despite being a scholar, Nadas seems most interested in the Arcane books and starts there first. Or perhaps because he's a scholar. Hard to tell. He's run out of topics to talk about. Or rather topics he wishes to talk about. There's a whole lot to talk about.

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 04:10 PM
[Main Lodge]

The silence doesn't sit well with Raril. He abandons the search through his bag and leans against the table, propping himself on his elbows as he looks across at his son.

"Nadas... dalharuk*, is there anything you want to ask me? Anything at all?" Raril feared the boy held the same deep-seated resentments that Ilpholin had. Or, did he have an easier life, just being what he was?

*son

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 04:17 PM
[Main Lodge]

Nadas glances up, keeping a cold, if polite, expression and tone. "Nothing in particular comes to mind. But please don't refer to me by that misnomer if you wouldn't mind. I am Nadas Ghuand." He purposefully leaves off the Xar'Cha as he has done for some time now.

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 05:58 PM
[Main Lodge]

Raril frowns at this. "So... you are denying the fact that you are my son? Listen, I can understand if you want to cut ties with our family, but I would like half a chance, if you don't mind."

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 06:12 PM
Quinn, meanwhile, undeadtimes now....

Charity ponders books and things while she goes to the main lodge's kitchen to make sandwiches.

Where she'll find Jamie, continuity bent into a pretzel, who grins and hurries over to give her a big hug!

Murkus
2010-09-06, 06:15 PM
Quinn is approached by Praetorious (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9300280&postcount=182) and presumably Reelshka. The creature's eyes fall to the Champion, and he gives an absent wave.

"Hello. This goblin said you were the person to talk to if I wanted to 'be redeemed'?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 06:17 PM
[Main Lodge]

"Am I?" Nadas looks around to see who else might be listening and lowers his voice to a whisper while leaning forward to keep things quiet and between them. "I know we weren't a desirable product. I know what that... monster... forced on you. On all of us in a way. I know you handed us over to Danube upon our first actual meeting. You did not want to be a father then, so you'll forgive me if I don't have need of a father now."

Nadas straightens a little. "I hold no resentment towards you, nor do I blame you for your actions. They were justified. You had your own life to live and we would have made that difficult, if not impossible for you. I can only imagine we'd just be a constant reminder of that day. Do not feel the need to absolve yourself with me."

He might not hate Raril, but he's got his reasoning a little mixed up. And there may be more resentment there than he's claiming. Still, he's very calm about the matter.

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 06:20 PM
[Main Lodge-Kitchen]

"Hey Jamie! Wanna help me make a whole pile of sandwiches?" Charity says, hugging the girl.

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 06:26 PM
[Outside]

Quinn is approached by Praetorious (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9300280&postcount=182) and presumably Reelshka. The creature's eyes fall to the Champion, and he gives an absent wave.

"Hello. This goblin said you were the person to talk to if I wanted to 'be redeemed'?"

"Hm? Oh, hello there." The brown-haired paladin smiles up at the creature, and nods. "Welcome to the Good League of Good. I presume from that statement you're here seeking redemption, and would like to become a member?"

[Main Lodge}

[Main Lodge-Kitchen]

"Hey Jamie! Wanna help me make a whole pile of sandwiches?" Charity says, hugging the girl.

"Sure thing, Miss Charity!" Jamie grins ear to ear. "I guess we can't, like, just...paint them or anything. But I love cooking, too, so that's good. What kind of sandwiches are we making?"

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 06:31 PM
[Kitchen]

"No, paint wouldn't be very nutritious," Charity says. "We've got cold cuts, egg salad, portabello mushrooms, veggies, and lots of condiments. We'll need a good selection for the people who are helping to rebuild." And once Reelshka undeadtimes, she'll talk to her about hiring goblin help.

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 06:33 PM
[Kitchen]

"Ooooh. Sounds awesome. Especially portabellos. Those are my favourites," Jamie says, clapping her hands together in happiness as she hurries torwards the kitchen. "Egg salad is good too and so are veggies. Cold cuts though? Corned beef? I like corned beef, but not much otherwise when it comes to cold cuts..."

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 06:37 PM
[Main lodge Kitchen]

"Corned beef and roast beef and peppered turkey and honey roast ham and salami." Charity says. "Don't forget to wash your hands." Because children are germ factories. :smallyuk:

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 06:41 PM
[Main Lodge - Tables]

Raril sighs and shakes his head. "No, Nadas, it wasn't like that. Yes, I did hand you over to Danube, but not because I didn't want you. It was the only way I had to keep you both safe. I you had stayed in the Nexus you would have been killed. I hated myself for making that decision, but it was the only option I had. I knew, being what you are, Danube would have protected you and trained you, until you were old enough to take care of yourselves. I had hoped to return and intervene before she indoctrinated you too heavily, but... time moves differently here. What was barely a month for me turned out to be twenty years in Menzoberranzan. I missed my chance, and I am truely sorry for that. And I thank the gods that our paths have been allowed to cross again, that you two have found yourselves here. Perhaps we've all been given a second chance? I know you don't need a father, necessarily, but if you would like one, I am willing to give it a try."

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 06:45 PM
[Main Lodge Kitchen]

"Corned beef and roast beef and peppered turkey and honey roast ham and salami." Charity says. "Don't forget to wash your hands." Because children are germ factories. :smallyuk:

"That sounds delicious, actually...and you sound just like my mom."

Jamie sticks her tongue out at Charity, but nontheless goes to wash her hands.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 06:54 PM
Praetorious nods, smiling toothily. He crosses his somewhat bulky arms passively. "Aye. I'd very much like to join."

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 06:54 PM
[Main Lodge - Tables]

Nadas wrings his hands as he leans his chin against them in thought, staring intently at a spot on the table in between him and Raril. After Raril is done, he looks down. Then up at the ceiling. Then left. Then back down.

"I need... time to come to a proper decision. It's a fairly extensive amount of information to digest that you are even here across the table from me, let alone what you just claimed."

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 07:02 PM
[Outside]

And a certain Seeing Eye Drone, now fixed up a bit, buzzes over to Quinn.
"Statement: Do you require something, Mistress Quinn?"
"Actually yes, thank you..."
And she retrieves an Application Form from the robot, offering it to Praetorious.
"Well, then, sir, if you'll just fill this out?"

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 07:16 PM
[Main Lodge - Tables]

"I understand." Raril says nodding. "It's a lot to take in. I'll leave you alone for a while." The drow stands and slings his bag back over his shoulder. "You can hold on to those books, if you want them. I don't really need them anymore. If you want to talk, I've got a bar down by the water, called the Black Dragon's Den. It's not the nicest part of town, though." He realizes. "How about I stop back here in a few days, just to check in? If you don't mind, of course." Raril adds quickly, not wanting to impose anymore than he already has. He watches Nadas for a reply, trying not to look anxious. Really, he wanted the chance to speak with his son again.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 07:26 PM
[Main Lodge - Tables]

Nadas considers for a moment, then nods, still avoiding Raril's eyes. "Yes... feel free to return after a reasonable daily time period."

"Oh! And much appreciation is given for the literary works." He motions to the books, now looking at Raril. He's brave when it comes to books it seems.

Artemis97
2010-09-06, 07:34 PM
[Main Lodge - Tables]

Raril grins at Nadas. "You're very welcome. I'll see if I can find some more for you, if you want?" He offers.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 07:37 PM
[Main Lodge - Tables]

Nadas totally tries to control his sudden animated nature. "Thatwouldbegreatlyappreciatedverymuchsoyesplease." He doesn't do a good job.

ApeofLight
2010-09-06, 07:38 PM
Garth has finished taking out the building supplies from the truck. Garth also smells sandwiches being made. The partial dragon man starts to wander towards the food.

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 07:45 PM
[Main Lodge]

Charity (probably accompanied by Jamie) comes out with a big tray of sandwiches. "Sandwiches!" she announces to everyone present. Yes, thank you, Madame Obvious.