PDA

View Full Version : Conan RPG: Edition Confusion

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-29, 07:29 PM
I've come across a wee bit of a problem. I've recently come into possession of several Conan RPG books from Mongoose publishing and I'm enjoying them immensely so far...but here's the problem. I have no idea what edition they are. The only one's I'm sure on is the Road of the Kings which helpfully says 'Second Edition' on the bottom of the cover and the main book which says 'Atlantean Edition'. A bunch of the other ones (Stygia: Serpents of the South, Tito's Trading Post, etc.) have the same page linings as the main book...but I'm not sure what edition they are...or even what the difference is between 'Second Edition' and 'Atlantean Edition' besides covers and page linging artwork. Some help please?

Callos_DeTerran
2010-08-30, 11:23 AM
Someone has to know the answer to this. o.o

Matthew
2010-08-30, 03:34 PM
The Mongoose Website (http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/home/series.php?qsSeries=7) is a good place to start, but they do not give a publishing history. Your books should have publication dates in them, which will be helpful, as you can compare them with the second edition book. Road of Kings is probably an updated version of the original released for the first edition. Anything published prior to 2008 is likely made for the first edition.