PDA

View Full Version : Question about the OA Samurai

Lhurgyof
2010-08-29, 10:24 PM
Is there any ruling, by RAW that says one cannot use 3.0 materials? Can I play an OA samurai or must I play a CW samurai, by RAW?

I coulda sworn there was a rule that stated 3.5 was just an update, and that 3.0 material was just as valid (page #/book please), thank you! :)

gomipile
2010-08-29, 10:33 PM
PHB p4: "This revision is compatible with all existing products, and those products can be used with the revision with only minor adjustments."

Lhurgyof
2010-08-29, 10:50 PM
PHB p4: "This revision is compatible with all existing products, and those products can be used with the revision with only minor adjustments."

Thank you, there's a player at a table that gets SUPER pissy when I correct him on rules, to the point he threw a tantrum when he thought I was playing an OA samurai, I was playing a fighter/master samurai instead. This'll surely help him shut up.

Math_Mage
2010-08-29, 11:42 PM
Thank you, there's a player at a table that gets SUPER pissy when I correct him on rules, to the point he threw a tantrum when he thought I was playing an OA samurai, I was playing a fighter/master samurai instead. This'll surely help him shut up.

If the fact that, um, you're not playing an OA samurai didn't shut him up, I don't know how much this will help. :smalltongue:

Lhurgyof
2010-08-30, 01:43 AM
If the fact that, um, you're not playing an OA samurai didn't shut him up, I don't know how much this will help. :smalltongue:

I know. He spent like 5 or so minutes explaining a story of how I used to think that you didn't need to have a weapon be +1 before enchantments were added, how "Dean's so stupid he doesn't know the rules lol"... I said "That's ok, I know all the other rules", although the fact that my girlfriend came over to see me/watch me play for a little while should've indicated who's the loser in this situation.

Math_Mage
2010-08-30, 05:24 AM
I know. He spent like 5 or so minutes explaining a story of how I used to think that you didn't need to have a weapon be +1 before enchantments were added, how "Dean's so stupid he doesn't know the rules lol"... I said "That's ok, I know all the other rules", although the fact that my girlfriend came over to see me/watch me play for a little while should've indicated who's the loser in this situation.

Just so long as nobody named Tammy gets involved. Heh.

Well, you know who's right, and it's no fun bashing your head against a wall trying to make one other person see it if they haven't already. Just play.