PDA

View Full Version : KilKil

Ron Miel
2010-08-29, 10:52 PM
Speculation

He's a relative of YokYok & YikYik. He will seek revenge upon Belkar. Belkar will kill him, and turn him into a hat. Or maybe vice versa.

Not entirely farfetched. They at least both come from the same place. It's not like Thog and Therkla, who come from different continents.

Cizak
2010-08-30, 08:01 AM
What is it with this forum's members and thinking that everyone of the same species are related?

Swordpriest
2010-08-30, 08:35 AM
What is it with this forum's members and thinking that everyone of the same species are related?

What's interesting is that it even works for the humans. :smallbiggrin: Girard shows up -- "that must be Haley's dad!"

ThePhantasm
2010-08-30, 11:07 AM

It's just an attempt to try to see a plot twist before it happens. I'm not convinced that KilKil is related to YikYik or YokYok, but I don't fault people for trying to speculate about potential twists.

Crisis21
2010-08-30, 11:19 AM
It's just an attempt to try to see a plot twist before it happens. I'm not convinced that KilKil is related to YikYik or YokYok, but I don't fault people for trying to speculate about potential twists.

If he was related to them, his name would have been Yakyak, Yekyek, or Yukyuk.

Starscream
2010-08-30, 01:05 PM

Y can sometimes be a vowel too. Think we'll ever see Yyk Yyk?

Cizak
2010-08-30, 01:27 PM
Hey! They might have some relatives in Scandinavia! Say hello to Yåkyåk, Yäkyäk and Yökyök!

Crisis21
2010-08-30, 01:52 PM
Actually, they could also have a Cherokee relative. The Cherokee alphabet has six vowels, the (if I remember correctly) short 'u' sound is represented by v. Say hi to YvkYvk!

Why do I know this? I played a Cherokee fighter (campaign was short lived unfortunately) at one point and tried to pepper his speech with actual Cherokee language.

Goosefarble
2010-08-30, 02:00 PM
The half-orc half-kobold crossover YrchYrch.

(People who know their Sindarin should be laughing now)

Gift Jeraff
2010-08-30, 02:20 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about how Kilkil might be related to the Oracle because it looks like he's looking at the reader in the first panel.

I guess I was kinda-sorta-not-really close?

Kish
2010-08-30, 02:53 PM
It was a theory that Kilkil is related to another kobold there's been no indication of him being related to. It counts as close. :smalltongue:

Alagaesian
2010-08-30, 04:31 PM
No one said he couldn't be a distant relative. The Linear Guild could be looking for a Yikyik relative for their party and Kilkil is the only one left alive.

Crisis21
2010-08-30, 05:03 PM
No one said he couldn't be a distant relative. The Linear Guild could be looking for a Yikyik relative for their party and Kilkil is the only one left alive.

Considering that Nale has an active bounty where Kilkil works, I don't think Kilkil will be up for it even if Nale was that daring.

Dr.Epic
2010-08-30, 05:07 PM
Wouldn't a hang glider be more appropriate what with the wings?

Morph Bark
2010-08-31, 07:13 AM
What's interesting is that it even works for the humans. :smallbiggrin: Girard shows up -- "that must be Haley's dad!"

Nonono, that has already happened! Obviously Girard is her grandfather!

And clearly Zz'dtri is V's half-sibling.

(:smallwink:)

I might actually be serious about Girard as her granfather... not!

Marnath
2010-08-31, 06:25 PM
Wouldn't a hang glider be more appropriate what with the wings?

More appropriate for what? O.o

Morquard
2010-08-31, 09:51 PM

Silly you, that are all sons of YikYik of course. The daughters are named after YikYik's wife KalKal.
(And no i don't want to hear that KilKil is a male. Everyone just assumes that, and noone has enough ranks in Knowledge (Anatomy Dragonkobold) to check.

Crisis21
2010-08-31, 09:58 PM
Silly you, that are all sons of YikYik of course. The daughters are named after YikYik's wife KalKal.
(And no i don't want to hear that KilKil is a male. Everyone just assumes that, and noone has enough ranks in Knowledge (Anatomy Dragonkobold) to check.
I'm not sure I want enough ranks in Knowledge (Anatomy Dragonkobold) to check.

Morquard
2010-08-31, 10:08 PM
I'm not sure I want enough ranks in Knowledge (Anatomy Dragonkobold) to check.
And that is exaclty the reason why everyone with enough ranks in it doesn't want to check!

grimbold
2010-09-03, 05:04 AM
Goosefarble, i love you

yrchyrch is like the best name for a kobold ever.

Laeranu
2010-09-04, 01:54 PM
Who is kilkil anyway

Cizak
2010-09-04, 04:54 PM
The flying kobold who's in charge of the paperwork at the Empire of Blood.

Crisis21
2010-09-04, 05:11 PM
The flying kobold who's in charge of the paperwork at the Empire of Blood.
Ha! I just got a really funny thought reading that.

"I don't give a flying kobold who the flying kobold works for!"

:smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Nimrod's Son
2010-09-04, 11:22 PM
And no i don't want to hear that KilKil is a male. Everyone just assumes that, and noone has enough ranks in Knowledge (Anatomy Dragonkobold) to check.
I expect Malack does. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0735.html) :smalltongue:

rewinn
2010-09-04, 11:33 PM
Goosefarble, i love you

yrchyrch is like the best name for a kobold ever.

Except for whichever kobold is Nale's next stooge: Nyuknyuk.

SilverLeaf167
2010-09-05, 08:17 AM
Hey! They might have some relatives in Scandinavia! Say hello to Yåkyåk, Yäkyäk and Yökyök!

Oh, I just HAD to quote this...
In Finnish, the words "Yäk" and "Yök" are pretty much equivalents of the English word "Yuck". As in, "Yuck, that's so gross". I should know, I'm Finnish myself, after all.

Laeranu
2010-09-05, 08:21 AM
In Finnish, the words "Yäk" and "Yök" are pretty much equivalents of the English word "Yuck". As in, "Yuck, that's so gross". I should know, I'm Finnish myself, after all.

Go YuckYuck! (with a name like that i bet even belkar wouldn't eat out of it)

EDIT: Yay, I'm a Halfling in the Playground now! And I couldn't have thought of a worthier post to go with it! :biggrin: :smile: :cool:

Cizak
2010-09-05, 11:56 AM

Hehe :smalltongue: I'm Swedish, so to me those names don't mean anything. It's a shame :smallbiggrin: