PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Edition Character Building

Drolyt
2010-08-30, 12:40 AM
I'm new to Star Wars, although I've played D&D for years. I was wondering how to properly build a Soldier, specializing in the Armor talent tree, that will (probably) eventually join either the Jedi or the Sith, but doesn't have any force powers as yet (although he does have force potential he is unaware of). We are starting at 3rd level. I want him to be a sort of tank, with high defense and offense but little in the way of utility. I'm not saying no utility, just that it takes a back seat. The era is probably KOTOR. We get a 30 point buy and standard WBL (where is WBL for Star Wars Saga edition? I can't find it).

Swordgleam
2010-08-30, 12:52 AM
It sounds like you pretty much have it down. Take Armor talents and some defensive feats. Don't bother with actual armor; it's pretty much useless in SWSE.

Gralamin
2010-08-30, 01:00 AM
It sounds like you pretty much have it down. Take Armor talents and some defensive feats. Don't bother with actual armor; it's pretty much useless in SWSE.

Actually, it can become pretty nice if you grab Improved Armor Defense, with a dip into Elite Trooper, grabbing Armored Mandalorian.

Drolyt
2010-08-30, 01:04 AM
Actually, it can become pretty nice if you grab Improved Armor Defense, with a dip into Elite Trooper, grabbing Armored Mandalorian.

What is this Armored Mandalorian? I'm not seeing anything in Elite Trooper that helps armored combatants.

Gralamin
2010-08-30, 01:17 AM
What is this Armored Mandalorian? I'm not seeing anything in Elite Trooper that helps armored combatants.

It's in the KoTOR supplement. It lets you add your armor bonus to Fort to your Elite Trooper DR, and makes it so lightsabers have to penetrate your DR if you are wearing Cortosis Weave (or other lightsaber resistant) armor.

Swordgleam
2010-08-30, 01:33 AM
It's in the KoTOR supplement. It lets you add your armor bonus to Fort to your Elite Trooper DR, and makes it so lightsabers have to penetrate your DR if you are wearing Cortosis Weave (or other lightsaber resistant) armor.

Ah. We don't have that book. I think. I haven't seen it. At low levels and with just the main book, there really is no reason to have armor.

Kiero
2010-08-30, 05:23 AM
Ah. We don't have that book. I think. I haven't seen it. At low levels and with just the main book, there really is no reason to have armor.

If you have merely IAD (thus suffer no penalty for wearing armour), the bonus to Fort defense makes it worthwhile. Not to mention all the equipment installed in it, things like being able to breathe poisonous atmospheres.

Jack Zander
2010-08-30, 06:58 AM
Make sure you grab an odd number for your intelligence score. Take Draw Fire at level 3 for your soldier talent, then multi-class into noble (or anything with Persuasion as a class skill) at level 4, use your stat boost to raise intelligence and train persuasion. If you skill focus the skill later you can literally tank without fail as a swift action every round.

As for your noble talent, Damage Reduction 10 is probably best, but it requires you to be at least Force Sensitive first.