PDA

View Full Version : Unconcious: They are willing.

Tharck
2010-08-30, 09:14 AM
SRD States: Declaring yourself as a willing target is something that can be done at any time (even if you’re flat-footed or it isn’t your turn). Unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing, but a character who is conscious but immobile or helpless (such as one who is bound, cowering, grappling, paralyzed, pinned, or stunned) is not automatically willing.

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-30, 09:15 AM
this came up in the obscure rules thread didn't it? In any case much smirking happened.

kamikasei
2010-08-30, 09:17 AM
Your point being? Is this a continuation of a discussion from another thread? Context would be helpful.

Esser-Z
2010-08-30, 09:20 AM
This is a very good thing, otherwise a host of spells would be unable to be used to save your KOed buddy, and prisoners would be much harder to transport.

Connington
2010-08-30, 09:22 AM
Aside from looking a little rapey when quoted out of context, I don't see anything wrong with that paragraph.

Reynard
2010-08-30, 09:22 AM
Your point being? Is this a continuation of a discussion from another thread? Context would be helpful.

I believe it has something to do with rape. Which is probably grounds for a lock.

Not sure, though, and if I'm wrong, meh.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-30, 09:35 AM
Unconscious enemies make for fun spells. Regroup takes care of disarming traps and benign transposition makes for funtimes against grapplers.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-30, 09:38 AM
Can just imagine a psion coming in, putting everyone into a stupor so they don't awake, and then Control Body.

Use your imagination. But maybe not like that. Stoppit.

Ormur
2010-08-30, 10:25 AM
It's handy and not overpowered for stuff like teleporting unconscious captives but I wonder about some of the nastier enchantments where being considered willing waivers a save.

Of course it just sounds terribly icky in a different context. :smallyuk:

Zaydos
2010-08-30, 10:29 AM
It's handy and not overpowered for stuff like teleporting unconscious captives but I wonder about some of the nastier enchantments where being considered willing waivers a save.

This is why you always remember that NPCs are dying too, and might not stabilize. If they reduce an enemy to -9 hp, they have to dominate and revive them before the opponent's next turn or they might die. If they reduce one to -7 hp and then take 3 rounds to kill the rest of the enemies, they aren't likely to dominate that enemy, wake it up and use it in their master plan.

Douglas
2010-08-30, 10:31 AM

Ah, but being technically considered willing does not automatically waive the save. You can choose to voluntarily fail, but that is technically a separate decision from declaring yourself willing. The unconscious = willing rule means that you can use willing-only spells like Teleport. It does not mean you can use whatever you want without resistance.

Boci
2010-08-30, 10:38 AM
Ah, but being technically considered willing does not automatically waive the save. You can choose to voluntarily fail, but that is technically a separate decision from declaring yourself willing. The unconscious = willing rule means that you can use willing-only spells like Teleport. It does not mean you can use whatever you want without resistance.

Teleports not willing only IIRC. Infactm using this interpretation, I can think of few spells where it would make much of a difference.

Douglas
2010-08-30, 11:09 AM
Target: You and touched objects or other touched willing creatures (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/teleport.htm)

Moriato
2010-08-30, 11:59 AM
Ah, but being technically considered willing does not automatically waive the save. You can choose to voluntarily fail, but that is technically a separate decision from declaring yourself willing

So you could... knock someone uncouncious and... buff the hell out of them?

Ahh, Wizard College days. Waking up fully buffed, covered in arcane runes. "Why do I keep breaking my quills and crushing my delicate reagents with my immense strength?! DAMN YOU DWEOMER HOUSE!"

Alleine
2010-08-30, 12:15 PM
So you could... knock someone uncouncious and... buff the hell out of them?

Ahh, Wizard College days. Waking up fully buffed, covered in arcane runes. "Why do I keep breaking my quills and crushing my delicate reagents with my immense strength?! DAMN YOU DWEOMER HOUSE!"

This just made my day :smallbiggrin:

Hmmm, run a wizarding college game. It would probably end like this without DM help.

averagejoe
2010-08-30, 12:21 PM
The Mod They Call Me: I don't think there's really a need for a thread about raping. Thread locked.