PDA

View Full Version : Death knell

jpreem
2010-08-30, 01:03 PM
It seems that death knell bonuses are untyped - so they should stack with each other.
So grab a wand of death knell and line up some goblins.
Any good ideas that could be accompliced by that method ?
( the first thing accompliced would be of course a bunch of dead gobbos)

Reynard
2010-08-30, 01:06 PM
I though same-name sources didn't stack, regardless of type?

Here, all of the bonuses come from different castings of Death Knell.

Zaydos
2010-08-30, 01:07 PM
Stacking Effects: Spells that provide bonuses or penalties on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, and other attributes usually do not stack with themselves. For example, two bless spells don’t give
twice the benefit of one bless. Both bless spells, however, continue to
act simultaneously, and if one ends first, the other one continues to
operate for the remainder of its duration. Likewise, two haste spells
do not make the creature doubly fast.

It goes on to talk about typed bonuses not stacking with themselves even if from different sources.

jpreem
2010-08-30, 01:10 PM
Ahh what a shame. Dumb me that'll teach me to post just before bed-time :smallwink:
Well not to waste a thread maybe someone can point out some other cheese for stacking boni.

Greenish
2010-08-30, 01:46 PM
Ahh what a shame. Dumb me that'll teach me to post just before bed-time :smallwink:
Well not to waste a thread maybe someone can point out some other cheese for stacking boni.Greater Consumption Field is like turbo-charged Death Knell radiation, I seem to recall. Persisted for cheese and laughs.

The Necrocarnate gets more incarnum by killing foes, so starting the day with a wanton slaughter is an excellent idea.

The Thrallherd doesn't benefit from slaughtering the masses (unless you can loot them), but is an excellent provider of them.

Keld Denar
2010-08-30, 02:04 PM
:xykon: Sacrificing minions: Is there anything it can't accomplish?