PDA

View Full Version : RPGeneric

Effigy_Power
2010-08-30, 02:19 PM
Wow, can't believe I never thought about entering RPGeneric onto this page. Thanks to 1337Salty, who does "The weekly life in Simon's Basement" (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114883) for reminding me.

RPGeneric has been going on for pretty much a year now and has had some success, I might say. It originally started as a quick In-guild comic for my Aion-guild, but developed pretty soon into it's own thing.
At first merely non-connected funnies, I began writing the first storyline, titled "The Rise of Floon", the story of an actual group of players (me included) and their adventure against the Illithid Mastermind Floon.

The story concluded about a month ago and I have since then been preparing everything I need for the next story, titled "Harsh Skies", which will be very steam-punky. As such Harsh Skies will be less of a Fancomic to OOTS, but the original RPGeneric certainly is, as the style clearly shows.

I have, since it's beginnings, tweaked the style quite a bit, I believe. While it is still recognizably OOTS-inspired, I believe it has developed into my own thing, as much as that's possible with such an iconic influence.

So, please feel free to check out RPGeneric under http://www.rpgeneric.com.
I will be updating again probably in October or November, as I am creating copious amounts of backgrounds and NPCs for the next story-arc and I am also working on a print-Anthology with several other artists. But please enjoy the entirety of "Rise of Floon", it was fun to write and I think it's pretty fun to read.

^_^

Cizak
2010-08-31, 02:38 PM
This should be moved to the Webcomics-forum, since it's clearly stated in the rules that fan comics are comics that are being shown here on oots, and not on another server.

CrimsonAngel
2010-08-31, 03:24 PM
Aion? :smallsigh:

Effigy_Power
2010-09-03, 09:27 PM
Mmm... warm welcome... :smallfrown:

Maximum Zersk
2010-09-04, 04:32 PM
Aion? :smallsigh:

What's wrong with Aion? :smalltongue:

T.H. Everything
2010-09-11, 06:57 AM
Hey, Effigy_Power!
I've got a question: Will RPGeneric still feature the one-off gag strips, or will it be entirely focused around the gaming group from now on?