PDA

View Full Version : My 3.5 House Rules Codex

nonsi
2010-08-30, 04:40 PM
Now that they're more or less done, I find it appropriate to share.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-house-rules/270794-my-3-5-house-rules-codex-now-fully-reorganized.html

Everyone is welcome to take whatever they find useful in them.

Anyone that has an opinion is welcome to share. all comments are welcome.

The Anarresti
2010-08-30, 04:46 PM
I wonder, where are the things you made (the feats, etc) I can't find them on there.

And I have an idea, if I may be so bold. I think that sorcerers should swap bluff for intimidate on their skill list. Scary magic user with glowing eyes standing over you? It's a natural thing to use. Bluff, on the other hand, I don't see a reason why they have to have it

nonsi
2010-08-30, 04:51 PM
I wonder, where are the things you made (the feats, etc) I can't find them on there.

scroll down to the bottom of the OP and download the attached .zip file.

And I have an idea, if I may be so bold. I think that sorcerers should swap bluff for intimidate on their skill list. Scary magic user with glowing eyes standing over you? It's a natural thing to use. Bluff, on the other hand, I don't see a reason why they have to have it

Without another word, I'll just say that my HRs are quite radical. You won't find the traditional Sorcerer in them.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-08-30, 11:32 PM
:smallsigh:

If you want people to read through and critique or use your house rules, format them appropriately instead of reposting the same zipped WotC thread you've been using for years.

If someone takes a look at the linked thread (assuming you absolutely must link another site to begin with) and it isn't immediately obvious where your house rules are, you probably need to change how you're presenting them.

nonsi
2010-09-01, 02:11 PM
If you want people to read through and critique or use your house rules, format them appropriately instead of reposting the same zipped WotC thread you've been using for years.

I HAVE given it a serious consideration, but…
1. They ARE very well formatted by now. I put a lot of order in them in this version (including tables).
2. Re-formatting everything in a forum thread would consume far too much of the time, of which I have barely to spare.
3. I don’t recon they allow 200000+ characters per post here on the forums and I have no intention of putting so much effort just to end up with something way less organized than they are now.
4. I would post here, but adding attachments is not an available option ATM.
5. The old WotC thread was just maintained out of inertia, plus I don’t have enough html knowledge to mess up with the page too much (but you won’t catch me saying good things about WotC's forums - they went from bad to worse, and I haven't seen an original idea or a useful rule in them for more than a year).

Oh, and nobody ever uses HRs as they are. everybody handpick what they see fit and throw away everything else.

If someone takes a look at the linked thread (assuming you absolutely must link another site to begin with) and it isn't immediately obvious where your house rules are, you probably need to change how you're presenting them.

The attachment is quite distinctly framed, at the bottom of the OP.