PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Wildshape Question?

Arillius
2010-08-30, 08:12 PM
Can a druid shapeshift into a larger version of a creature in the bestiary? An example would be the constrictor snake which is suggested to have larger versions.

Snake-Aes
2010-08-30, 08:15 PM
If there isn't a specific rule about it, calculate whether you can do it or not based on the advanced creature's cr.

Arillius
2010-08-30, 08:22 PM
Wildshape isn't about CR in pathfinder, only size. A druid can change into any large animal they're familiar with at 6th level.

tyckspoon
2010-08-30, 10:46 PM
Wildshape isn't about CR in pathfinder, only size. A druid can change into any large animal they're familiar with at 6th level.

Note that it also effectively mimics the Beast Shape line of spells, which don't particularly care *what* you turn into- turning into a Lion or a Dire Lion gets you exactly the same thing, as they are the same size, have the same natural attacks, and you no longer get the animal's ability scores or necessarily all of their special abilities. So if you wanna turn into a bigger snake.. go ahead, it won't make a heck of a lot of difference (this is distinct from whether or not the rules technically allow you; I don't think they actually address that.)

Arillius
2010-09-01, 03:20 PM
larger meaning size categories higher. For instance a snake totem druid gets a bonus when shape shifting into snakes at 6th level. They can shapeshift as if they were 8th level druids as long as they are shape shifting into snakes. But thats not very useful for going bigger since the book only list medium and tiny sized snakes. It makes mention that there are large and huge snakes, but with no entry it might not fly with my DM. I was hoping there might be some ruleing on this already.

Herbstfarben
2010-09-01, 03:57 PM
There is this variant constrictor:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-lists-and-details/-s/snake/constrictor/giant-constrictor

Also the animal companion entry for constrictor with its 4th level large advancement should give you enough information.