2010-08-31, 02:28 AM
im kinda confused on what the heck the big 16 are
any help?

Serpentine
2010-08-31, 02:30 AM
...the big 16 what? :confused:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-08-31, 02:33 AM
Either it means the 16th year of birth, or the 16 questions I once posted in the gaming forums for DM's to filled out in their games.

Bottom of first page (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46074)

Serpentine
2010-08-31, 02:38 AM
Wikipedia says it's a compilation album by the Impressions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impressions%27_Greatest_Hits).

Context plzkthx.

Winthur
2010-08-31, 02:40 AM
im kinda confused on what the heck the big 16 are

Context plzkthx.

But he doesn't know the context himself as far as I can see. :smallbiggrin:

IonDragon
2010-08-31, 06:02 AM
Urbandictionary didn't know what it was, but suggested that I may be looking for Big Brother the TV show... :/

The Succubus
2010-08-31, 06:16 AM

That big enough for you?

Emperor Ing
2010-08-31, 06:27 AM
I can actually help.

The Big 16 is the traditional 16 questions a GM has to answer when starting a PBP RPG game on these boards to give (potential) players an idea of the game.

THE BIG 16 ITSELF

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Tengu_temp
2010-08-31, 06:32 AM
What Randomizer and Vorpal Tribble said. It's worth noting that many of these questions are DND-exclusive, so when recruiting for another system I tend to just ommit them and give recruitment details in another format.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-08-31, 06:46 AM
Are you sure it's not merely someone referring to a 16th birthday as "the big 16"?

Emperor Ing
2010-08-31, 06:49 AM
Actually the term is "Sweet 16"

at least it is where I am.

kamikasei
2010-08-31, 07:16 AM
OP started a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9246630#post9246630) looking for a 3.5 game. Several replies mentioned "the 16". I think it's safe to say the PbP questions are what he's looking for.

Project_Mayhem
2010-08-31, 07:44 AM
Actually the term is "Sweet 16"

at least it is where I am.

What, my house?

Emperor Ing
2010-08-31, 07:52 AM
What, my house?

Yep. :smallamused:

Rawhide
2010-08-31, 07:57 AM
But he doesn't know the context himself as far as I can see. :smallbiggrin:
Winthur: See below for the context that the original poster omitted.

OP started a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9246630#post9246630) looking for a 3.5 game. Several replies mentioned "the 16". I think it's safe to say the PbP questions are what he's looking for.

Killer Angel
2010-08-31, 09:01 AM
Winthur: See below for the context that the original poster omitted.

That explains a lot... 'cept why didn't he ask the question directly in that thread. :smalltongue:
I would have been more logical.