PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends, anyone (iDevices)

Duke of URL
2010-08-31, 07:05 AM
Anyone here play Pocket Legends for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch? It's an MMO-like game (although everything is instanced), with a lot more of the "true" MMO features on the development schedule.

For those who haven't tried it, the game is free to download and to play through the first two "campaigns" (up to character level 18, I'd think), with expansion packs running $2 or less, depending on how much in bulk you buy. Certainly worth trying out.

I will say on my iPhone (3GS), it certainly is a battery hog, and the device gets hot after a while. But the game is really meant to be played only 10-30 minutes at a time, and not hours on end. Still, I wouldn't do it when away from the charger for too long... :smallwink:

MostlyHarmless
2011-06-16, 02:29 PM
Ok, I realize this is an old thread but it's the only one that came up in a search.

REALLY??? Nobody here plays Pocket Legends? It's an amazing MMO that works on iOS and Android devices. It's come a long way since the OP posted this and the level cap is now 56. AND IT'S FREEEEEEEEEEEEE. The main content recently became free all the way up to 56, but there's plenty of goodies to buy if you want to spend money and help feed the devs who are very active and releasing new stuff all the time. But the cost of extras is nothing compared to monthly service fees.

Yes, it's like World of Warcraft (Pocket Sized). Just 3 classes, tank, mage and archer, not overwhelming, but very fun. I have one of each and you can find me online if you decide to try it out or are already playing.

My bear tank (yes characters are animals): CaptainUrsa lvl 26 and climbing
My bird archer: Jemnus lvl 39
My elf/cat/something mage: Nasoji lvl 50

hobbitkniver
2011-06-17, 04:42 PM
Sounds interesting, is there any advice you could give me to start with such as if certain things are seriously underpowered?

MostlyHarmless
2011-06-20, 04:21 PM
Sounds interesting, is there any advice you could give me to start with such as if certain things are seriously underpowered?

Absolutely.

For first time characters I recommend playing any of the three races with their expected classes. They are each pretty well balanced as such. Bears are meant to focus all their points into Strength and be tanks. They have good skills to help them tank. Birds are meant to focus on Dex and be the ranged damage dealers. Elves are meant to focus on Int and be the support/healer class. They can revive other players and heal as well as dishing out area of effect damage. Some players put some points into Str to have a bit more survivability but at the expense of doing max damage with spells at higher levels.

Then just start doing the quests, with groups wherever possible. There's a way in game to search for random parties that have already started on a map you want to run through. That gives you the fastest way to XP.

Also, you might check out their forums at www.spacetimestudios.com

hobbitkniver
2011-06-20, 06:38 PM
Absolutely.

For first time characters I recommend playing any of the three races with their expected classes. They are each pretty well balanced as such. Bears are meant to focus all their points into Strength and be tanks. They have good skills to help them tank. Birds are meant to focus on Dex and be the ranged damage dealers. Elves are meant to focus on Int and be the support/healer class. They can revive other players and heal as well as dishing out area of effect damage. Some players put some points into Str to have a bit more survivability but at the expense of doing max damage with spells at higher levels.

Then just start doing the quests, with groups wherever possible. There's a way in game to search for random parties that have already started on a map you want to run through. That gives you the fastest way to XP.

Also, you might check out their forums at www.spacetimestudios.com

I started today choosing mage and it made me an elf without asking. Also, I'm a bit upset that I'm forced to play a woman.

MostlyHarmless
2011-06-21, 03:52 PM
I started today choosing mage and it made me an elf without asking. Also, I'm a bit upset that I'm forced to play a woman.

I think it's a bit androgenous but hey, who cares? I have a bear and people still bug me asking if I'm a girl or not. And yes, mage=elf, bear=tank, bird=damage.

They do have a new MMO in the works to be released this summer some time called Star Legends. It has a space theme and apparently will let you pick your gender for any of the 3 classes.

What's your IGN? My main right now is captainursa.

Does nobody else out there have an iOS or Android device?

hobbitkniver
2011-06-21, 04:14 PM
I think it's a bit androgenous but hey, who cares? I have a bear and people still bug me asking if I'm a girl or not. And yes, mage=elf, bear=tank, bird=damage.

They do have a new MMO in the works to be released this summer some time called Star Legends. It has a space theme and apparently will let you pick your gender for any of the 3 classes.

What's your IGN? My main right now is captainursa.

Does nobody else out there have an iOS or Android device?

My name is Alenesha and I'm level 10 or 11 at this point. This is a great app for people struggling with a WoW addiction or for people who have given it up, but sometimes wish they hadn't.

MostlyHarmless
2011-06-22, 10:18 AM
My name is Alenesha and I'm level 10 or 11 at this point. This is a great app for people struggling with a WoW addiction or for people who have given it up, but sometimes wish they hadn't.

*Added

You put it pretty well, although I had never played WoW and was intimidated because of the rumors of losing your life to it and also the monthly expense of it.

Pocket Legends gives you a taste of it in bite size morsels. It's not overwhelming and doesn't suck your day away. You can log on for just a few adventures and be done <10 minutes, or sit, device plugged in and enjoy as many hours as you want. PL really encourages teamwork play and easily joins you up with other party members. I find this one of the best parts and when I get a good party racing through the mob fights, I hate to put the game down and say goodbye.

I will add and help level any GitP people that ask and probably give you free gear too if I have any extra stuff available. :smallsmile:

hobbitkniver
2011-06-22, 02:38 PM
One thing I don't really like is that there is no conversation in parties. Even if you say hello, people never reply because it takes so long to type "hi". I also want to know how the PvP is, I wanted to try it, but decided not to sink any money yet.

MostlyHarmless
2011-06-22, 05:36 PM
I have never done PvP but I have played Capture the Flag once. There is one map which lets you play CtF for free. There might be a sample one for PvP too. Not sure. I don't think it's my thing. People are pretty skilled at it and work hard to get the best gear possible for the given level they're playing at. Try poking around the forums to get a better idea maybe. It might be your thing, I just prefer levelling up.

I know what you mean about chatting. I have a really hard time chatting and fighting but occasionally people will take a breather to chat.