PDA

View Full Version : Cube Alpha: Willowbell [out of order]

jebob
2010-08-31, 02:00 PM
Character SheetName: Luna Villson
Physical Description: Blonde hair, green eyes
About: Wanted criminal. Rebel.
Specialties: Main- thief. Secondary- cook, performer You awaken to find yourself in a purple cube. There are six hatchways, one in each face. The ones around the walls are labelled Lily, Future, Logic and Internet. The one in the ceiling is labelled Plants and the one in the floor is labelled Fever. You have the following: T-shirt
Jeans (ill-fitting)
Boots
Heart-shaped locket (not yours)
Dictionary
Bedroll (+1 to nightly regen)

Willowbell
2010-09-01, 08:55 PM
I sit on the ground for a few minutes, hoping to wake up from what I hope is only a nightmare. After a while, I thoroughly examine my inventory, then try to open the locket. I'm too freaked out to investigate any of the doors rights now.

OOC:

How large is the cube? Also, should I take a speaking text color? And is there a map I should look at?

jebob
2010-09-02, 03:40 AM
The Cube is perhaps eight feet by eight feet.
The locket is heavy and made of gold. Inside is a picture of a man and a woman, neither of whom you recognise.
The dictionary has perhaps a hundred and fifty enteries highlighted. These seem picked at random.
The bedroll is comfy.
Don't bother with a font until you meet another character

Willowbell
2010-09-02, 08:31 AM
I decide that if I don't find food and water, it's all up for me. Trembling, I cautiously open the Lily hatch and peer inside.

jebob
2010-09-02, 03:25 PM
Beyond the hatchway is a room, seemingly identical to the one you woke up in. The walls of this one are bright red however, and are glowing slightly.

From where you are, you can see that the hatchway to your left is labelled Fratricide, the one opposite you Lighter and the one to your right is labelled International. The hatch you just came through is marked Line, the one in the ceiling is Pillow and the one in the floor is marked Fear.

Inside you find a glaive, just under eight feet long, lying on the skeleton of it's former owner. He appears to be missing several ribs and a femur.

I must confess that I got some of the hatchways wrong. The ones in the first room are Lily, Future, Logic and Internet. The one in the ceiling is labelled Plants and the one in the floor is labelled Fever

Willowbell
2010-09-02, 08:30 PM
Taking the glaive, I examine the walls without actually touching them. Using said glaive, I attempt to crack open the bones, hoping to find edible marrow inside. I make sure that the hatch leading back to the first room stays open, leaving the dictionary in a spot where it keeps the hatch from closing.

OOC:
Do I have a belt, and can I reach the hatches in the ceiling?

jebob
2010-09-03, 03:56 AM
The walls are glowing softly, and appear to be made of a kind of plastic.

You hear heavy breathing from inside International.

The glaive is awkward to use in such a small space, but smashes the bones with ease. (3d6+2 damage IF you are in a position to use it) About half of the marrow has been eaten already, but with a bit of patience you manage to get some (+5% supplies)
You might be able to reach the ceiling if you jump, but it might be easier to try to use the glaive. EDIT: no belt

Willowbell
2010-09-03, 08:25 AM
I examine the skeleton, and take anything else it might have. Wedging the locket in the dictionary's place so that the hatch doesn't close, I use the end of the glaive to carve a map of what I have seen so far on the back of the dictionary. I also tear off small bits of my clothes and make several mini bunches of fabric, then use one of the bunches to replace the locket in the hatch opening. I use a few strips tied together to make a belt, and do what I can to make a rope. I also wrap the marrow in fabric for later. Then, I knock on the International door and back away with my glaive ready.

OOC:
Does the hatch stay open on its own, or try to close? How hungry/thirsty/tired am I feeling?

jebob
2010-09-03, 12:33 PM
You awkwardly scratch a map of the two rooms into the back of the dictionary.

You hear frenzied barking from the other side from one or two animals, possibly dogs.
All hatches are hinged on one side. From propping up the hatch, you realise that these are spring loaded and will close (slowly) unless blocked. Food is not a requirement, but allows resting. I may make resting mandatory after a certain number of posts or rooms explored.

Willowbell
2010-09-03, 05:25 PM
I attempt to hack out a small piece of the wall. I make a mental note to never let hatches close behind me. I knock on all the doors in both rooms to see if there is any other response, stepping back and readying my glaive each time.

OOC:
How many bundles was I able to make, and how large do the animals on the other side seem to be? Also...food isn't mandatory, and water doesn't do anything? Huh. Also, fun game so far. :smallsmile:

jebob
2010-09-04, 03:28 AM
The glaive just bounces off the wall.

I shall remind you if you forget.

When you knock on the door, Fear, you hear a click. Knocking on all other doors has no (visible) effect.

I will say perhaps 24 small bundles, if you want to remain decent. From listening at the door they appear to be fairly large. Water counts as supplies, although there are situations that require a liquid.
Also, thanks!

Willowbell
2010-09-04, 07:13 PM
Thinking for a moment, my curiosity overwhelms me. I open the hatch a bit, then run back to the first room and stand in front of the hatch, glaive ready.

jebob
2010-09-05, 04:10 AM
Several things happen:
As you press the door open, you hear a hissing sound. You have a sharp feeling you shouldn't enter the room.

When you head back to the first room, your ears pop and you begin to feel lightheaded.

Willowbell
2010-09-05, 10:35 AM
Realizing that something may have gone wrong, I examine myself, hoping to pinpoint the issue. I eat a bit of the marrow to see if it makes me feel any better, and also take out some bundles, in case I start bleeding and need bandages.

jebob
2010-09-05, 11:39 AM
You feel a wind towards 'Fear'. You feel short of breath. You are slightly cold.

The bone marrow is bitter, but might taste nice if cooked.

Willowbell
2010-09-06, 02:40 PM
I wrap the bedroll around myself as best I can to stay warm, then use the glaive to pop open the Pillow hatch and step back.

jebob
2010-09-06, 04:06 PM
You stumble over to the hatch and press the door open. You see a rapier, a chocolate bar and a small machine in the room below. The machine is connected up to what looks like an air tank. You get a strong feeling you shouldn't enter the room.

Your left eardrum bursts, making you partially deaf and take 3 damage. You are finding it very hard to breathe.

Willowbell
2010-09-07, 12:30 AM
I open the door to Fear in a panic, then run back.

jebob
2010-09-07, 05:45 AM
You collapse to the floor, and have only limited actions. You are finding it nearly impossible to breathe.

Willowbell
2010-09-07, 05:25 PM
I attempt to open the hatch nearest me, but I recognize that it is too late. I use whatever remaining energy I have to take out the locket and examine it as closely as possible.

jebob
2010-09-08, 09:10 AM
You struggle to open the hatch, but it seems stuck. You collapse to the ground, and contemplate the meaning of the locket as you slide into oblivion.
Your character is unconcious, but may be revived if another player locates her and lets more air into the chamber. Do you want to play again?

Willowbell
2010-09-08, 06:30 PM
Sure, I'll play again! I'm having fun. Might I know the cause of my death? Poisonous gas? Suffocation?

jebob
2010-09-09, 10:13 AM
Sure. Opening the door triggered the machine in Fear. It began sucking air out of the rooms. It had enough capacity to contain two rooms worth of air, so you had a chance because there were three rooms which were all connected. This is why your character is merely unconcious, not dead.

Willowbell
2010-09-09, 04:45 PM
Oh, so I won't suffocate for a while. It sounds painful to have an eardrum burst...so should I make another character, or wait for someone to revive me?

jebob
2010-09-10, 10:05 AM
I'd make another. At the current rate of player exploration, it will take about 100 real-time days before she is revived, if people explore entirely at random.

Willowbell
2010-09-10, 05:49 PM
Okay, then, a new character.

Name: Kit Semina
Physical Description: Red hair, blue eyes
About: Bounty hunter for the government.
Specialties: Main- tracker. Secondary- good aim, good sense of smell

jebob
2010-09-11, 03:50 AM
You awaken to find yourself in a purple cube. There are six hatchways, one in each face. The ones around the walls are labelled Stitching, Zebra, Strain and Swordsman. The one in the ceiling is labelled Amplifier and the one in the floor is labelled Pole. You have the following: T-shirt
Jeans (ill-fitting)
Boots
Letter, unadressed and sealed
Dictionary
2 knives (d6+2 damage each, can be thrown)
Pile of rocks, each slightly bigger than your fist
Glass sphere, contains an arrow which points towards Swordsman regardless of which way you turn it

Willowbell
2010-09-11, 09:17 PM
I shake my head and look around. I sit for a while, deciding what to do. After thinking, I take apart the pile of rocks and count them. I take the knives, and flip through the dictionary. Then, I pick up the glass sphere, and examine it. I also examine the letter without opening it- for now.

jebob
2010-09-12, 04:53 AM
There are nine rocks.
In the dictionary perhaps three hundred entries are highlighted.
The glass globe points towards Swordsman regardless of how fast you turn it. While examining it however, the arrow inside flips and points slightly to the left of Zebra.
The letter is sealed. The paper is of good quality.

Willowbell
2010-09-12, 11:50 AM
I fear that the letter may set off some sort of trap. I feel it, trying to determine what might be inside. I continue to keep an eye on the glass sphere, and examine the arrow. I see if the rocks are soft enough for the knives to carve.

jebob
2010-09-14, 10:50 AM
Inside the letter is a piece of card or a folded sheet of paper.

The arrow slowly begins to swivel to the right.

The stones are too hard to carve without damaging the knives.

Willowbell
2010-09-18, 12:57 AM
I unfold whatever is in the letter and examine it closely.

jebob
2010-09-18, 03:30 AM
There are two sheets of paper within the envelope. The first reads as follows:

We have contracted you to eliminate Subject 13. He is currently hiding within one of our other experiments, CUBE Alpha. Due to the inherent risks involved, we are willing to pay you triple your normal fee if you eliminate Subject 13 and escape.

The CUBE is top-secret, and even Bio-Branch has limited details on it. Enclosed is all the information that CUBE-Branch can supply without revealing sensitive data. We have supplied you with a homing device that will help you locate Subject 13.

Good luck

Director Flemming

Below, scrawled in your own handwriting, is as follows; "The above is true, as far as I know. The technicians of CUBE-branch tell me I will suffer some amnesia due to the inner workings of the cube. Signed by you, Kit"

The second sheet of paper is blank.

The arrow continues to move, and is now pointing toward Stitching.

Willowbell
2010-09-18, 12:48 PM
"I hope triple pay is a lot," I mumble, and head towards Stitching. Inspecting the hatch, I swing it open without going in, and toss in a rock to see if I startle anything out.

jebob
2010-09-19, 03:32 AM
There is pause followed by a tap on the door.

"Hello?"

Willowbell
2010-09-19, 06:44 PM
"Hello?" I reply.

Willowbell
2010-09-19, 08:51 PM
Wait, what door? The one I just opened? One in the other room?

jebob
2010-09-20, 04:46 AM
It was the hatch marked Stitching

Willowbell
2010-09-20, 08:12 PM
I knock again.
Hello? I call loudly.

jebob
2010-09-21, 10:09 AM
We're merging threads (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167880)