PDA

View Full Version : 1001 "What Ifs?" of Eberron

awesomessake
2010-08-31, 06:57 PM
I'm a huge alternate history geek, and i tried to start a homebrew campaign thingie on the other thread, but it hasn't caught steam....

Amongst the confusion a discussion occurred about if americans would've gotten warped into eberron... Then i began thinking about what the great "what if's?" of eberron where.

Here's what i got so far.

1.What if another way to bind the Rakshasa Rajah's was found, and the Coultls survived to modern eberron?
2. What if the Dhakaani Empire would've stayed together after the Daelkyr war?
3. What if the drows escaped from Xen'Drik the same time the elves did, only to wind up in khorvaire?
4. What if Vol was never born?
5. What if Cyre was never destroyed?
6. What if the manifest zone's to Dal Quor landed on Khorvaire instead of Sarlona?
7. What if the giants never used dark magic in there battle against the quori?
8. What if Karn the conqueror managed to conquer all of Khorvaire?
9. What if the kalashtar were created in Khorvaire rather than Adar?
10. What if the Silver Flames purge against the lycanthropes was unsuccesful?

Prime32
2010-08-31, 07:27 PM
11. What if the Day of Mourning happened in Breland?

ShaggyMarco
2010-08-31, 08:28 PM
Concerning #5 and #11:

So long as Cyre is around, the Last War doesn't end. Cyre had the actual claim to the Throne and wasn't likely to give that up any time soon.

If the Mourning is in Breland, then Prince Oargev would have died in the blast rather than King Boranel's daughter, who was leading an Army into Cyre--so she becomes the Queen with no country. Would Cyre have welcomed her and given her a haven, the samw way Breland offered Oargev sanctuary? who knows?

Mourning aside, Cyre still gets beat down pretty hard, since EVERY ARMY had sent forces into Cyre at the time of the Mourning. It might be entertaining if Breland's army conquers Cyre, only to lose their own nation, and the war ends with Boranel's daughter in control of Cyre and a peace treaty made on those grounds.

A fun campaign might be time travelling PCs who keep finding Khorvaire's History screwed up, travelling in time to repair history, Like Quantum Leap/Exiles meets DnD.

awesomessake
2010-08-31, 11:13 PM
A fun campaign might be time travelling PCs who keep finding Khorvaire's History screwed up, travelling in time to repair history, Like Quantum Leap/Exiles meets DnD.

Part of the reason i did this. Incase any DM master ever wanted to make a BTTF campaign and needed ideas for screwing up the STC.