PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space Survival Tactics

Drakevarg
2010-08-31, 08:08 PM
I've been playing through hard mode on Dead Space, and I'm stuck in the exact same place I've been stuck at twice before. (The medlab in Chapter ...5 I think, where you have to kill everything in the room except the Hunter before you can leave.)

After roughly the umpteen-dozenth time, I think I need to change my approach. Is there any good tactics y'all know to avoid dying horribly... again... besides shooting wildly at their extremities while screaming bloody murder?

Emperor Ing
2010-08-31, 10:23 PM
Shoot 'em in the leg. Also, Line Gun.

Drakevarg
2010-08-31, 10:54 PM
I'll try the leg thing. If I recall, it's what kept me alive on Medium difficulty during the final Hunter encounter, while almost completely out of health.

As for the Line Gun, I don't have the funds for that at the moment. Current arsenal is Plasma Cutter and Flamethrower.

JabberwockySupafly
2010-08-31, 11:35 PM
Stasis Stasis Stasis Stasis Stasis.

Seriously, Stasis is your best friend. I went through the whole game upgrading nothing but the Plasma cutter, my armour, and my stasis gauge on hard to get the One Gun achievement and tore through it in only 5 or 6ish hours.

Stasis makes every non-boss fight ridiculously easy. I can't remember if that room has a stasis refill machine in it or not, but if it doesn't then spend some money upgrading your Stasis unit and buy some refills if you have to. It's so easy, it'll feel almost like cheating

Drakevarg
2010-08-31, 11:51 PM
Stasis makes every non-boss fight ridiculously easy. I can't remember if that room has a stasis refill machine in it or not, but if it doesn't then spend some money upgrading your Stasis unit and buy some refills if you have to. It's so easy, it'll feel almost like cheating

Were I not utterly broke at all times (as in, I only have 23 shots in my cutter and 3/4 of a health bar, and no money to do anything about it), I'd definately have my stuff upgraded. And given statis's "one-target-at-a-time" rule, it's not terribly useful when there's a dozen enemies coming at you from every direction.

As it is, I've been using it on the Hunter while I deal with everything else in the room. As of now, the result has still been violent death.