PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Australasia Meetup I (Updated 8-Oct-10)

Pages : [1] 2

Skeppio
2010-08-31, 11:02 PM
Hello all, it's time for the (possibly) first Australasia in the Playground meetup! I'll be organising the main details, although assistance is welcome (and I'll probably need some :smalltongue:).
The current plan is as follows:

AUSTRALASIA MEET-UP (CAUTION: STILL IN PLANNING, SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Date: 22-25 April 2011
Time: Friday Afternoon - Monday Morning
Venue: Brisbane (Accommodation planning in progress)
Attendance:
*Confirmed*
-Serpentine
-Black_Pants_Guy
-Skeppio
-Rowsen
-Lady Moreta
-Peregrine
-Cheesegear
*Likely*
-Anuan
-Lioness
*Possibly Coming*
-Ruik
-Dizposition
-Naoto Shirogane
-Jivundus
-Alarra
-Zeb the Troll
-Loopy
-Rawhide
-SMEE
-_Zoot_

We'll likely be playing a game or two of D&D 3.5 Ed. We may have a set of the Starter Kit avaliable for new players.
The current plan is to stay at a Backpackers hotel in Brisbane (we're still deciding which one). The current deadline to ensure you're coming is February 1st, 2011. We need to plan accommodation and travel, so we must know the exact numbers by this date. This date may change in the future.

But wait, there's more! For those closer to Melbourne (and to see if I can actually organise a meetup), I have planned a smaller Melbourne meetup!

MELBOURNE MEET-UP (Success!)

Date: September 18th, 2010
Time: 10:00am - 5:15pm
Venue: Time Out Cafe (http://www.timeoutmelbourne.com.au/home.php), Federation Square.
Attendance:
-Skeppio
-Forevernade
-Mezerian
-lothos
-king.com
-Level8Mudcrab
-Rowsen
-Naoto Shirogane
-Elm11
-Klose_The_Sith
-Dizposition

Good meet-up guys, hope we all had a good time. To those who couldn't make it, we'll have to plan another time to hang out. Hope to see you all again sometime soon!

Rowsen
2010-09-01, 12:49 AM
Attendance:
*Comfirmed*
-Skeppio
-Rowsen (whether he likes it or not :smallbiggrin:)

Kicking and screaming please!

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 02:08 AM
Kicking and screaming please!

Excellent choice, sir.

Serpentine
2010-09-01, 02:10 AM
Not sure about how far off the main one is, but I understand why it'd be so. Best to see what the more distant folks think.

Any interest in Dracula's? I could see if there's anything cheap likely...

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 02:12 AM
I think it was 'coz Lioness said she'd have a very high chance of going if it was in April, and Lady Moreta seconded it to give us ample time to prepare. I'm definitely up for re-scheduling it sooner if everyone's cool with it.

And Dracula's sounds awesome.

Serpentine
2010-09-01, 02:20 AM
No, if the more distant folks have indicated that that's when they would be able to go, then that's fine. Realistically, I'll probably be able to go whenever (at that point I'll probably have lost one job and had to gain another, so I can't say as certainly as I'd be able to if it was this year).
Oh, and put me down as confirmed.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-01, 02:24 AM
I think it was 'coz Lioness said she'd have a very high chance of going if it was in April, and Lady Moreta seconded it to give us ample time to prepare. I'm definitely up for re-scheduling it sooner if everyone's cool with it.

Lady Moreta does indeed :smallsmile: She's also checked the school dates for WA, on the off chance she convinces her husband to attend, holidays over here are from 20 April - 4 May. Bearing in mind that she hasn't mentioned this to him, and being a first year teacher (which she knows from experience is manic), he may not have the time to come.

It does sound awesome, and Lady Moreta is extremely jealous. And, having done this meet-someone-you-only-know-online thing erm... three times at present count, you're better off doing an initial meet in a public place, not anyone's home.

and yes, she knows she's talking in the third person... it appears Lady Moreta is suffering from a 3:24pm afternoon work meltdown, please forgive her

Lioness
2010-09-01, 02:26 AM

Mmmm...high chance of going if it's in April and in Melbourne, because I'm already there.

At any rate, I'm not sure when the Uni holidays are...it's possible that I'll be able to go to two places in April. I'll get back to you on that.

Serpentine
2010-09-01, 02:28 AM
It does sound awesome, and Lady Moreta is extremely jealous. And, having done this meet-someone-you-only-know-online thing erm... three times at present count, you're better off doing an initial meet in a public place, not anyone's home.Why jealous? Dracula's is on the Gold Coast, would be the main one in April.

I'll see if dad can find out what events there are around then.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-01, 02:34 AM
Why jealous? Dracula's is on the Gold Coast, would be the main one in April.

I'll see if dad can find out what events there are around then.

Because I'm a dimwit and misunderstood what you meant?

Told you I was having a meltdown :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-09-01, 03:16 AM
Operation: Ask Dad What's Going On Around Then has been initiated. Daddikins will look into it.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-01, 03:42 AM
In the interests of full disclosure and all that... I googled the restaurant, and I have to admit, it's not really my thing, or my husband's. Neither of us are big on horror-type anything.

Which is odd, because Dracula is one of my favourite novels.

I think the website had a clip you could watch, when I'm not at work I'll have a look. It might not be as bad as it looks on the website.

Having said that, if this is going to be more than a one-day event, there's no reason we all have to do everything. Just thought I should mention that it doesn't look particularly appealing to me, and I know it won't be appealing at all to my husband.

Moonshadow
2010-09-01, 03:49 AM
I thought you were talking about Dracula's in Melbourne =/

I can possibly make the Melbourne one, as long as I get more details and plan more, but Queensland would require a fair bit of forethought and spondoolahs.

Serpentine
2010-09-01, 03:58 AM
What part of the horror-type thing? Cuz it's not really scary. The cabaret itself is quite funny (can you have a scary cabaret?). Just don't pick your nose or check out a neighbour's rack when you're going through the "ghost train".
Basically, silly with a horror them. Totally kitsch, though, so I won't be terribly surprised if people aren't interested.

Dispozition
2010-09-01, 04:05 AM
Can we define North of Melbourne a little more clearly? I have a feeling I won't be able to make it due to other obligations, but on the off chance I can it'd be nice to know if I can get there physically.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 04:10 AM
Sure thing. I live in Wallan. Not sure if the house will be free though. I did only say it was a possibility.

Dispozition
2010-09-01, 04:26 AM
Pretty much certain I won't be able to get out there then >:
Sorry :-/

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 04:27 AM
Aw bummer...

Level8Mudcrab
2010-09-01, 04:54 AM
Not sure if i'd be able to come, mainly because i'm 17 and still at home, so I'd have to convince mum to let me come plus find a way to get down to Melbourne, probably train.

It would be nice to come but i'm not yet sure if I could. The possibly coming list for me.

Moonshadow
2010-09-01, 05:19 AM
I actually have no idea where Wallan is, nor do I have a car to get there with.

I do agree with whoever said that a more public place is probably better for a meet up, though.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 05:22 AM
Yeah, I just didn't have anywhere in mind. I'll have to look around. Any suggestions?
Hmm...somewhere in Melbourne, accessible, that'll put up with us for a day...hmm.

Updated the first post.

Moonshadow
2010-09-01, 06:17 AM
I'd hypothesise a central location to the members able to make it there.

I know you and Rowsen are north, I'm as east as you can go via the Metro trains, I don't know about anyone else.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 06:23 AM
Melbourne (the area around Flinders St and Southern Cross Station) itself is pretty central. Rowsen and I can get there easy via train. I'm just racking my brain to find a place we can congregate and do whatever for a day or so.

Ruik
2010-09-01, 06:38 AM
I live in Queensland, but *might* be in Canberra next April, therefore I will observe with interest and decide when I know what exactly I will be doing next... So I guess put me down as possibly coming (to the QLD on at this stage)?

Dispozition
2010-09-01, 07:12 AM
I'm near all three major public transport systems. Mainly the 109 tram and the belgrave/lillydale line.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-01, 08:45 AM
I'm down with the Australasia meet-up, as long as its somewhere in South Queensland (Brisbane/Gold Coast). I could make a booking at the Mana Bar if anyone were interested in playing video games with their fellow playgrounders and could probably even provide/find Accommodation, of course Dracula's is fine too.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 08:48 AM
You can provide accommodation? Oh man, that'd really help (and hopefully let Rawhide take a sigh of relief from my dimwittery). If you can do that, I will be eternally grateful. Is April 2011 good for you? I know it's ages off, but it gives us much more preparation time.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-01, 08:51 AM
April is fine.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 08:53 AM
You are a godsend, my friend! I'll update the first post. Maybe down the track, we can get a date plotted up. Should I put you down for confirmed?

Serpentine
2010-09-01, 08:57 AM
Oooo, Mana Bar sounds interesting.
Normally I'd offer accommodation, but lets just say my dad's girlfriend makes me feel unwelcome there :smallannoyed:

SilverSheriff
2010-09-01, 09:03 AM
Oooo, Mana Bar sounds interesting.

First Gaming Bar in all of Australia.:smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 09:07 AM
Oh ho ho ho, sweet.

And no probs Serp.

See ya later. Sleep beckons.

Lioness
2010-09-01, 09:10 AM
Sleep? Sleep is for the weak those who don't have assignments due.

Rowsen
2010-09-01, 05:49 PM
Sleep? Sleep is for the weak those who don't have assignments due.

Darn tooting. I was up making machinima in Garry's Mod til 1am, fell asleep at roughly 2, woke up at 6, fresh as a daisy. A daisy in the finest of waters/soils.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 06:01 PM
I call BS. You're never up in the AM hours, Rowsen. :smalltongue:

Rowsen
2010-09-01, 07:04 PM
Ah, but check my post time. I have broken reality. But I think we're getting off-topic here.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-01, 08:00 PM
What part of the horror-type thing? Cuz it's not really scary. The cabaret itself is quite funny (can you have a scary cabaret?). Just don't pick your nose or check out a neighbour's rack when you're going through the "ghost train".
Basically, silly with a horror them. Totally kitsch, though, so I won't be terribly surprised if people aren't interested.

Scary doesn't bother me, I'm not a fan of cabaret in any form for one thing, and I really don't like the horror genre as a whole to be honest.

First Gaming Bar in all of Australia.:smallbiggrin:

This? this sounds legendary :smallbiggrin: Should probably confess now, that neither of us drink - well, I will occassionaly, but my husband doesn't drink at all, but the idea of a bar where you can play video games is just awesome :smallsmile:

Oh, and for those of you planning to meet in Melbourne - I would suggest picking a central location that everyone knows - main train station, local landmark etc. Meet there, and then figure out what you want to do when you're all together. Each of you come up with some ideas/suggestions and you can decide when you arrive. Less stressful, but still gives you a focal point for meeting.

Examples:
First time I meet people from online, it was at the airport (they were picking us up).
Second time: we were both at the same uni, so we met in the main uni cafeteria.
Third time: Met at a local landmark in the centre of the city (I was meeting the same guy from the second time, plus his lady)

Central location, and public spaces are the best idea for a first meeting, especially for the younger ones who may have trouble convicing their parents to let them go. If they can say "yeah, but it's right at the train station, so it's in public, and if I'm not comfortable, I can just catch a train right away"

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 08:05 PM
Excellent idea, Lady Moreta! I'll update the first post. Still figuring out a time/date.

Moonshadow
2010-09-01, 08:44 PM
If they can say "yeah, but it's right at the train station, so it's in public, and if I'm not comfortable, I can just catch a train right away"

Someone has never been to Melbourne before :smallbiggrin: Our trains are not exactly efficient or even on time!

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 09:02 PM
The V-Lines are usual on time. Of course, I pay for it in that the services run once an hour at best. :smallsigh:

Now that most of the details are ironed out, what date do you guys want for the Melbourne Meet-up?

Lady Moreta
2010-09-01, 09:50 PM
Excellent idea, Lady Moreta! I'll update the first post. Still figuring out a time/date.

XP. I has it :smallbiggrin:

Other ideas for those whose parents may object:
Have the phone number for a taxi in your phone
Keep in touch, contact them when you get there, and a couple of times throughout the day, and when you're about to head home
Have the number of someone you can call if disaster strikes in your phone

I did all this and more when I first went to Oz to meet my boyfriend (now husband). I also had the number of a motel in case it all went south (the people I stayed with were also people I'd never met before). I had the number of a friend of my aunt's who lived in Perth in case I needed an escape. Needless to say I didn't need any of it, but it made my mother happy, and it wasn't a hardship to have all that in my phone.

Someone has never been to Melbourne before :smallbiggrin: Our trains are not exactly efficient or even on time!

Well, my point was more that you're in a public place, with transport available if you need it. Such things make parents feel better :smalltongue:

Now that most of the details are ironed out, what date do you guys want for the Melbourne Meet-up?

*sigh* I'm still jealous... and wondering if I can think up a reason work needs to send me over to the Melbourne office... can't think of anything.

Rowsen
2010-09-01, 09:55 PM
*sigh* I'm still jealous... and wondering if I can think up a reason work needs to send me over to the Melbourne office... can't think of anything.

To pick up paperclips. It'll work. Trust me.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 09:57 PM
Ask to be sent to an office where your managers actually exist :smallamused:.

Anyways, how does the 18th of September sound for the Melbournians?

Lady Moreta
2010-09-01, 10:05 PM
To pick up paperclips. It'll work. Trust me.

Meh, they need me for that here :smalltongue:

Ask to be sent to an office where your managers actually exist :smallamused:.

Oooh, touche! actually, the guy who I think is my manager is based in the Melbourne office...

Okay... must stop procrastinating and go scan this stupid document now... stupid double-sided thing, I can't use the auto-feeder, so I get to stand there and do it manually. I hate my job :smallfurious:

Dispozition
2010-09-01, 10:07 PM
September 18th...Nothing planned yet, but I have a niggling feeling that the my hockey grand final is that day and my team is likely to be in it. I think I also have a friends party in Sorento that...whole week...maybe.

Looks like I won't be coming. Sorry guys. Maybe next time :-/

Oh, but put me on the possibly coming for the Australasia meet up.

Skeppio
2010-09-01, 11:26 PM
No problem Dizposition. Let me know if things change, okay?

SilverSheriff
2010-09-02, 12:04 AM
Thought I'd link the Mana Bar (http://manabar.com.au/index.php).

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 12:11 AM
There's a question. Is there a bus or public transport from the airport to the Mana Bar or the accomodation you mentioned?

And the Mana Bar looks amazing.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-02, 12:26 AM
There's a question. Is there a bus or public transport from the airport to the Mana Bar or the accomodation you mentioned?

And the Mana Bar looks amazing.

The Trains go pretty much everywhere through Brisbane, and the Mana Bar is only 4 blocks away from Brunswick St Station.

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 12:37 AM
Oh cool, because Google Maps told me that the bar is 29 mins by car from the airport. I assume this is not the case? Is there a station near the airport? And where is the accomodation you mentioned located anyways? Is it close to the airport or Mana Bar?

Sorry about the barrage of questions.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-02, 12:41 AM
There is a station at the Airport.:smalltongue:

I'm looking up accomodation as I post.

Rowsen
2010-09-02, 12:42 AM
Ocarina of Lime. I love it!

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 12:43 AM
There is a station at the Airport.:smalltongue:

I'm looking up accomodation as I post.

You're the best. I'll have to buy you a drink at the meet-up.
Also, looking at times, Lady Moreta mentioned that school holidays start on 20th of April. Would the weekend of Friday 22nd - Monday 25th of April be good for everyone? I'm thinking Friday mainly as a day for us interstate playgrounders to make our way to the venue and the 25th as the checkout-and-leave day.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-02, 12:56 AM
I'll continue looking, but I've found what looks like a decent place: The Pelican's Nestle Inn (http://www.wynnummanly.com.au/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=61), which is pretty close to where I live, and close to the Wynnum Central train Station. Right on (what passes for) the beach in the area*, quick walk to shops, and parks.

*Not really the best place if you like swimming, last time I tried I cut my foot on the rocks.:smallfrown:

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 01:11 AM
I'm looking at a rail map and it looks pretty good. I'll have to check out the train schedules and stuff in detail after work.

Lessee...catch the airport train to Fortitude Valley (the Mana Bar), change onto the Cleveland train, stop at Wynnum Central...yeah.

Tell me if I've made a mistake here. :smalltongue:

SilverSheriff
2010-09-02, 01:25 AM
Sounds about right too me, but hey; if the meet-up isn't until April I have enough time to map it out anyway.:smallcool:

I'll catch a train sometime during this month a try and figure it out, the train system is so confusing.:smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 01:36 AM
No problem. :smalltongue:
I'm trying to work out my expected expeditures. I haven't looked at flights yet, but I have ages for that. I'm thinking of which setup at the inn would be best. I guess it'll be easier once the attendance list is sorted out. :smallsmile:
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Updated the first post.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-02, 02:26 AM
No problem. :smalltongue:
I'm trying to work out my expected expeditures. I haven't looked at flights yet, but I have ages for that. I'm thinking of which setup at the inn would be best. I guess it'll be easier once the attendance list is sorted out. :smallsmile:
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Updated the first post.

Actually, flights are one of the first things you should look at. Especially as that weekend is the ANZAC Day weekend :smalltongue: (anyone up for a dawn service?) My point being that flights are likely to fill up faster, and possibly be more expensive because it's a public holiday. Also, it's cheaper the earlier you book, so sooner is better. I say this as someone who has flown somewhere at some point pretty much every year of her life. I travel a lot.

And totally random suggestion for the Melbournites meet-up. Why don't you find a restaurant somewhere and meet around 9am or so for breakfast? That way everyone has a location to meet, you have a public place (with seats!), and you can discuss/plan/plot to take over the world from there :smallsmile:

I would even go so far as to suggest, that say Skep, you made the booking. Make it under your username so if someone else gets there before you, they can give that to the restaurant and not have to stand there and go "uhh yeah, I'm actually meeting these people that I know online, but have never met before, and I don't know the real name of the guy who made the booking, so I'm not sure what to tell you".

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 06:15 AM
I'm looking at flights now. I'll have to talk to the parents about it (still live with them. They'll want to know where I'm going). There's some cheap ones in the daytime.

I'm looking at Friday 22 April arrival to Monday 25 April return.
Departing Melbourne at 12:05 22/4/11. Arriving Brisbane at 14:15 22/4/11
Departing Brisbane at 13:55 25/4/11. Arriving Melbourne at 16:20 25/4/11

From the QANTAS website.

Anyone want to be my travel buddy? :smallbiggrin:
Also, I forgot it's the ANZAC Day weekend. :smalleek:

On the other topic, that's a cool idea. I'll look for a place now.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-02, 06:34 AM
Anyone want to be my travel buddy? :smallbiggrin:

Your brother? :smalltongue:

ANZAC Day weekend doesn't necessarily mean it'll be impossible, just that it'll require more planning. Accommodation will book faster, and flights will possibly be harder to get. Which isn't necessarily a problem, but it simply means people will need to know sooner rather than later, if they can come.

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 06:46 AM
Your brother? :smalltongue:

ANZAC Day weekend doesn't necessarily mean it'll be impossible, just that it'll require more planning. Accommodation will book faster, and flights will possibly be harder to get. Which isn't necessarily a problem, but it simply means people will need to know sooner rather than later, if they can come.

Rowsen? That's a given. :smallbiggrin: I meant any other Victorians who were coming. :smalltongue:

But yeah, I can book this stuff now. I just need to have a better idea of who's coming to Brisbane so I can book sufficient rooms. (I hope you're okay to chip in, this may get expensive :smalleek:)

Lady Moreta
2010-09-02, 06:48 AM
But yeah, I can book this stuff now. I just need to have a better idea of who's coming to Brisbane so I can book sufficient rooms. (I hope you're okay to chip in, this may get expensive :smalleek:)

You've not done this before, have you? :smallsmile: In such situations it's a given that everyone pays for themselves. Sometimes it's easier to have one person pay upfront and everyone pay them back, but in the end, everyone pays for themselves.

Serpentine
2010-09-02, 06:51 AM
I suggest waiting a while before booking anything definite. At least a month or two. So people can work out their calandars, and quibble over whether this is the best date, and the like.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-02, 07:05 AM
That too :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 07:09 AM
You've not done this before, have you? :smallsmile: In such situations it's a given that everyone pays for themselves. Sometimes it's easier to have one person pay upfront and everyone pay them back, but in the end, everyone pays for themselves.

That was my plan. And yeah, I've never planned something on this scale before. I'm so nervous, but I'm so glad people like you are there and willing to help me out. :smallsmile:

I suggest waiting a while before booking anything definite. At least a month or two. So people can work out their calandars, and quibble over whether this is the best date, and the like.

Very well. I'll work on the Melbourne meet-up for now. This place looks nice. (http://www.timeoutmelbourne.com.au/home.php) If I can get a couple more confirmed for the Melbourne meet-up, I'll give them a ring.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-09-02, 10:06 AM
I'll have a looksee into the Melbourne meet-up. I'm flying down to Avalon airport Grand Final day and spending a few days in Geelong. I'd be with me woman, but it *might* work.

We'd just seriously need a guide :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-02, 06:33 PM
Hmm, I'm thinking of pushing the Melbourne meet-up back a week or so. What do you guys think?

Moonshadow
2010-09-03, 12:26 AM
If you mean you're pushing it to the 25th, I'm out. Thats the weekend my girlfriend and I are going to Canberra.

I'm so seriously tempted by the Queensland meetup though... The Mana Bar looks awesome, even though I'm a non-drinker, and I have family up in Brisbane in... Capalaba, I think. Not sure how close that is, but I could work something out.

I'd just have to work on the finances side of thing, but I'm in as a possibly at the moment?

Skeppio
2010-09-03, 12:47 AM
Meh, I was just thinking about it since I haven't got many confirmed attendees. If you're still okay for the 18th, I'll leave it as is.

Moonshadow
2010-09-03, 02:27 AM
It's cool! If you need to change it, it's okay with me. Don't plan it to suit just one person, heh

Lady Moreta
2010-09-03, 02:29 AM
I'm so seriously tempted by the Queensland meetup though... The Mana Bar looks awesome, even though I'm a non-drinker, and I have family up in Brisbane in... Capalaba, I think. Not sure how close that is, but I could work something out.

I'm not a drinker either (and neither is my husband), and I also think it looks awesome :smallsmile: it's a bar with something to do other than drink!

Skeppio
2010-09-03, 05:10 AM
I'll have a looksee into the Melbourne meet-up. I'm flying down to Avalon airport Grand Final day and spending a few days in Geelong. I'd be with me woman, but it *might* work.

We'd just seriously need a guide :smalltongue:

That's perfectly fine. I think there's a train from Geelong to the city. And the more, the merrier!

It's cool! If you need to change it, it's okay with me. Don't plan it to suit just one person, heh

Actually, you're the only one in the 'Likely' group so far, so...yeah. :smallsmile::smalltongue:

I'm not a drinker either (and neither is my husband), and I also think it looks awesome :smallsmile: it's a bar with something to do other than drink!

So it's settled. Wherever we stay for the meetup, we're going to the freakin' Mana Bar! :smallbiggrin:

SilverSheriff
2010-09-03, 05:18 AM
Sweet. :smallbiggrin:

Elm11
2010-09-03, 06:50 AM
Is the melbourne meet up this year or next? sorry for the stupid question XD

Skeppio
2010-09-03, 06:58 AM
The Melbourne meet-up is this year. The Australasia one is planned for next year. Not a dumb question, I actually did forget to put the years on the first post. :smallsigh:
Thanks for the notice.

Elm11
2010-09-03, 07:16 AM
Excellent. We're now following up ideas for being able to attend, though sadly my brother can't make it, i might be able to. Please put me on the "possibly" list :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-09-03, 07:20 AM
Which list sorry? Australasia, Melbourne or both?

Elm11
2010-09-03, 07:25 AM
Just the Melbourne one please =P i have relatives there i could crash with :smallbiggrin:

Quick Question, what times are we looking at for Melbourne, and would it be over more than one day? Sorry to be a pain.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-03, 07:45 AM
Just the Melbourne one please =P
But the Queensland one has Video games. :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-03, 07:51 AM
Just the Melbourne one please =P i have relatives there i could crash with :smallbiggrin:

Quick Question, what times are we looking at for Melbourne, and would it be over more than one day? Sorry to be a pain.

The Melbourne one is planned just for a day. I'm not sure on time, I guess sometime in the morning onwards. Not sure what we'll be doing.

Skeppio
2010-09-04, 11:24 PM
Two weeks until the Melbourne meet-up! Who's figured out if they'll come or not? :smalltongue:

X2
2010-09-04, 11:33 PM
If only I didn't live in SA. *snffle* :smallfrown:

Skeppio
2010-09-04, 11:41 PM
There's always the Australasia meet-up next year. :smallsmile:

Lioness
2010-09-04, 11:41 PM

I know :smallfrown:

X2
2010-09-05, 12:08 AM
There's always the Australasia meet-up next year. :smallsmile:

:smallannoyed: "There's always next year" is one of my most hated sentences

Skeppio
2010-09-05, 12:15 AM
:smallannoyed: "There's always next year" is one of my most hated sentences

Oh, I was saying you've got plenty of time to prepare if you want to go.

Sorry.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-09-05, 02:13 AM
Two weeks until the Melbourne meet-up! Who's figured out if they'll come or not? :smalltongue:
Ditto for the Dutch Meet-up. But I wonder that every time I host a meet-up.:smalltongue:
Some people already cancelled.:smallfrown:
But this one ish different. Because it was mainly the same group. But now some of the oldies aren't coming and some new ones are....

Hey, I've travelled from The Netherlands to the UK to attend a meet-up there.:smallwink:

And SMEE has travelled from Brazil to the USA to attend meet-ups. Friggen hardcore, eh?

'sall doable.

And I intend for sometime to travel to the USA to attend meet-ups there.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-09-05, 03:39 AM
I think I'm gonna just miss out on being available in time, sorry :smallfrown:

X2
2010-09-05, 04:30 AM
Oh, I was saying you've got plenty of time to prepare if you want to go.

Sorry.

Eh... Don't sweat it. When I was a kid the phrase "there's always next year" set off my {scrubbed} alarm like you wouldn't believe. It wasn't hard to translate.

"Shut up kid! You get nothing!" but they were too cowardly to say. So you hit me on a Pavlovian level.

Jivundus
2010-09-06, 08:38 PM
I might be able to catch the Australasia one, depending on how well I can find the money...put me into the possibles

Felixaar
2010-09-07, 12:29 AM
Brisbane? Why not go somewhere COOL?

Just kidding.

Would love to come but I will probably be busy with Uni, and if I'm not, galavanting off in some other direction (you know, AWAY from Queensland?) but have lots of fun on my behalf.

Alarra
2010-09-07, 12:42 AM
Hey.....Delta flies to Brisbane. My dad works for Delta. We can get there practically free (well, $90 each, each way, I think) but that's practically free for a cross-world trip.

Let's say maybe?

*bonks Felix on the head* If I come all the way to Australia for a meetup, you have to come hang out with me. :smalltongue: You too, Dizzy. and Death. *goes looking for Death*

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 12:57 AM
Fo' sirius?! :O That would be pretty rockin'.

Zeb The Troll
2010-09-07, 12:58 AM
We're going to Australia? :smallbiggrin:

*grabs newly acquired Handy Haversack and starts packing*

Lady Moreta
2010-09-07, 01:05 AM
Hey.....Delta flies to Brisbane. My dad works for Delta. We can get there practically free (well, $90 each, each way, I think) but that's practically free for a cross-world trip.

Let's say maybe?

Wow, really? That would be awesome :smallbiggrin:

And that is a much better deal than my dad gets, working for Air New Zealand...

Skeppio
2010-09-07, 01:17 AM
So Zeb and Alarra down for possibly? Awesome!

Zeb The Troll
2010-09-07, 01:33 AM
We don't actually know for 100% certain what the flight benefits will be, but they will almost certainly make it more affordable than NOT having them (unless it's something wonky like "You can't use them for international travel" or something), and this is what we're counting on to be able to even say "maybe" here.

Another issue will be costs of accomodations and getting about town.

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 01:36 AM
If all else fails, there's always cheap backpackers. Though that would be hard with a baby...

Dispozition
2010-09-07, 01:57 AM

Let's say maybe?

*bonks Felix on the head* If I come all the way to Australia for a meetup, you have to come hang out with me. :smalltongue: You too, Dizzy. and Death. *goes looking for Death*

:O

:O

Alarra
If we bring baby. May not. That's a reeeeeeally long flight to have a kid on your lap. Especially if they get cranky. And have you tried to change a diaper in an airplane bathroom? Neither have I, because I've never flown further than 4 hours, but I don't really relish the idea.

Zeb The Troll
I'm not sure if we'd bring the baby or have grandma babysit for the weekend.

Cheap backpackers? I feel like this should be self explanatory but I'm not understanding.

*goes to refill coffee*

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 02:02 AM
Backpacker's hostels. They're designed to be basic, cheap, and no-frills - though some of them have nice little communities going. It's basically just a room with bunks you share with several other people. I think they'll offer lockers to keep your stuff safe, but I'm not sure. Good basis for touristy stuff - a lot of them have a lot of information on tours and activities and the like, some of them organised by the backpacker's itself.

Forevernade
2010-09-07, 02:03 AM
Hi count me down for the 18th at Flinders, coming and confirmed :smallbiggrin: Sounds like fun!

I'm not sure if we'd bring the baby or have grandma babysit for the weekend.

Cheap backpackers? I feel like this should be self explanatory but I'm not understanding.

*goes to refill coffee*

There are 'backpacker rooms' for cheap rent next to Flinders St station. You can get single or double beds for single night hire.

Skeppio
2010-09-07, 02:05 AM
Hi count me down for the 18th at Flinders, coming and confirmed :smallbiggrin: Sounds like fun!

YES, A CONFIRMATION! :smallbiggrin:

Actually, Forevernade, I've seen you post before. I was wondering when you'd discover tha Australasia threads to be honest. :smallredface:

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 02:06 AM
Pretty sure they'd be coming to the Australasia one, rather than the Melbourne one.

Hey guys, if you're coming all the way down here, may I suggest that you look into a trip up to the Great Barrier Reef or inland to rainforests while you're here? Just to make it properly worthwhile.
edit: Oh lord. ADOI. Brisbane. Gold Coast. Theme parks! >.< Shall I look into group week/weekend passes?

Skeppio
2010-09-07, 02:11 AM
Go for it, Serp. I can't imagine we'd be hanging around the Mana Bar the whole time. :smalltongue:
A GitP theme park trip sounds like a blast to me.

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 02:14 AM
Now, if I recall correctly... You can either get a pass that includes Wet'n'Wild, Movieworld (which is almost entirely not worth it) and... a third one that escapes me right now, or just Dreamworld and its new water park. Probably wouldn't be a big deal to get the lot, just getting it out there. Also this would have to go over a few days - each park's a full day itself.

Zeb The Troll
2010-09-07, 02:14 AM
Pretty sure they'd be coming to the Australasia one, rather than the Melbourne one.

Hey guys, if you're coming all the way down here, may I suggest that you look into a trip up to the Great Barrier Reef or inland to rainforests while you're here? Just to make it properly worthwhile.
edit: Oh lord. ADOI. Brisbane. Gold Coast. Theme parks! >.< Shall I look into group week/weekend passes?Yes, Brisbane, not Melbourne. Not that we have anything against Melbourne, but that's far too soon to plan for international travel (and Alarra's dad doesn't have the flight privileges yet).

Also, yes, if we can make it, we would be remiss to just show up for a meetup and leave without being all touristy while we're there. Tour guides would be welcome. :smallcool:

loopy
2010-09-07, 02:16 AM
Meetup, ay?

I'll give you a very very sketchy "maybe" on attendance.

Bris-Vegas is a bit far for me.

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 02:21 AM
Aw man... Don't tempt me to take you to Heron Island :smalltongue: Love that place so much >.<
Oh yeah, I recommend Heron Island, if you have spare money.

The other theme park is Seaworld, dur. So usually the options are a Seaworld/Wet'n'Wild/Movieworld pass, or Dreamworld/WhiteWater World/possibly Currumbin Sanctuary (this rings a bell to me...) pass. Movieworld is pretty crap, Seaworld is best for its animals (if you have lots of spare money, you can swim with dolphins!) but has a few decent rides, and Wet'n'Wild is very good. Dreamworld is great, I don't know about WhiteWater World but last I heard it was like Wet'n'Wild except newer and smaller but they were expanding it, and the Currumbin Sanctuary... Well, it'd be great for the tourists! Nah, it's good, lots of animals and you can feed lorikeets and stuff.

Forevernade
2010-09-07, 02:35 AM
Well actually I only just discovered the Friendly Banter forum a few days ago. :smallannoyed: I should have visited earlier!

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 02:58 AM
At a quick look, the sorts of theme park deals available right now include:

World Pass: Unlimited access to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World for 12 months. Available for purchase by Australian and New Zealand residents only. (for purchase :smallwink:) $99
Super Pass: Unlimited access to Warner Bros. Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet'n'Wild for 14 days. $190
Jetboat and Unlimited Theme Park Entry: 55 minute jetboat ride, VIP pass to Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet'n'Wild. $153
Escape Pass: Single day entry to any two of Movieworld, Seaworld or Wet'n'Wild, to be used over 3 days. $120
Fun Pass: Single day entry to each of Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet'n'Wild to be used over 5 days. $150
VIP Pass: Unlimited entry to Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet'n'Wild until a certain date. $100
Special World Pass: Unlimited entry to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World until a certain date. $69
2-day World Pass: Unlimited entry to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World over 2 days. $100
Wet'n'Wild: Single day entry to Wet'n'Wild. $55
Dreamworld: Single day entry to Dreamworld. $72
WhiteWater World: Single day entry to WhiteWater World. $45
Movie World: Single day entry to Movieworld. $75
Sea World: Single day entry to Seaworld. $75
Most of these end this year, but similar things are available all the time.

I just remembered, the Superman ride at Movieworld is pretty great, and so is the Lethal Weapon rollercoaster. That's about it, though.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-07, 04:18 AM
I'll continue looking, but I've found what looks like a decent place: The Pelican's Nestle Inn (http://www.wynnummanly.com.au/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=61), which is pretty close to where I live, and close to the Wynnum Central train Station. Right on (what passes for) the beach in the area*, quick walk to shops, and parks.

*Not really the best place if you like swimming, last time I tried I cut my foot on the rocks.:smallfrown:

Thought I'd pull this back up for Zeb and Alarra.

Level8Mudcrab
2010-09-07, 04:53 AM
I'll work out if I can come to the Melbourne meet in the next few days.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-07, 06:53 AM
Quick bit of addition for Brissie:

By far and away the cheapest option is to add up the cost of accommodation and divide by the number of people attending.

I had a look at the Pelican website and did some number-crunching. Assuming that everyone who has said yes or maybe ends up coming, I did some figuring.

That gives us 14 people, with two couples. Looking at the options on the Pelican website, that means the best option for accommodation is
1 four bedroom beach house

2x queen beds
6x singles

and
1 three bedroom beach cottage

1x queen bed
3x single beds

The singles who have the beach cottage can argue over who gets the queen bed :smalltongue:

Assuming the ANZAC Weekend happens, that's three nights (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), which comes to a grand total of $1890 (for both places for the three nights). Divided by 12 (10 singles plus 2 couples), that means each person/couple would only have to pay $157.50 for all three nights. Also note that these prices are based on peak period rates. According to the website we wouldn't actually be there in peak period, but the prices are only valid til Jan 2011, so I won't change it because they're more likely to go up than down.

Considering how much accommodation usually is, that's a fantastic price. It would probably be best for one person to book both places under their own name, and then we'd settled up between ourselves when we got there.

Aaannnd... I have just sent them an email asking how far in advance we'd need to book to get accomodation over ANZAC weekend. And if we'd have to book under one name, which I think likely. And honestly, it's probably easier if we agree to sort out the monies between ourselves rather than try to involve the hotel itself.

I'll post again when I have a reply from the hotel :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-09-07, 07:05 AM
You're the best, Lady Moreta! Jeez, everyone's doing a better job organising this than me, the guy who started it. :smallbiggrin:. Well, it's progressing, and that the important factor. I'll have to find a way to repay you guys who've been such a help!

I just need to confirm whether or not Naoto and Elm11 are coming to the Melbourne meet-up...

Moonshadow
2010-09-07, 07:09 AM
Ye havena said whether it's the 18th or the 25th! :smalltongue:

Also, I really wouldn't count me in for the whole accomodation thing in Queensland. You really don't want to be in a 10 mile radius of me when I sleep.

Seriously. Trust me on this. It's taken my girlfriend 8 months to get used to the sound of my snoring. You won't sleep if I'm around :smallwink:

Rawhide
2010-09-07, 07:10 AM
I would request a Queen if one was available, not because I want the 'luxury' of it, but because I am rather tall and single beds can be... uncomfortably short.

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 07:13 AM
So, the plan so far:
- ANZAC Day Weekend. The whole weekend, I presume? Start Friday, end Sunday?
- One or more theme parks. My order of preference goes Dreamworld, Wet'n'Wild, WhiteWater World (below Wet'n'Wild mostly because I don't know how good it is now), SeaWorld, Movie World.
- Mana Bar at least once. Possible meet-up point.
- ANZAC Day service? Could be nice.
- Dracula's Cabaret Restaurant. Okay, support for this is flagging, butcha can't blame a girl for tryin' :smalltongue:
- Looking at good, cheap accommodation for everyone. I'll have my dad's to stay at, but it'd probably be more fun with you guys.
- My dad to be asked (well, nagged for information on) what events are on, and whether he knows of any good deals or anything.

Anything I missed?

Rowsen
2010-09-07, 07:25 AM
So, the plan so far:
- One or more theme parks. My order of preference goes Dreamworld, Wet'n'Wild, WhiteWater World (below Wet'n'Wild mostly because I don't know how good it is now), SeaWorld, Movie World.
- Dracula's Cabaret Restaurant. Okay, support for this is flagging, butcha can't blame a girl for tryin' :smalltongue:
- Looking at good, cheap accommodation for everyone. I'll have my dad's to stay at, but it'd probably be more fun with you guys.
- My dad to be asked (well, nagged for information on) what events are on, and whether he knows of any good deals or anything.

Anything I missed?
Hey, I'm up for it :smallwink:
Might be awesome. I mean, it's named after Dracula!

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 07:41 AM
Here's (http://www.draculas.com.au/goldcoast_queensland/index.asp) their website. It's silly, but it's a quality restaurant. Their Silence of the Lamb Shanks was to die for delicious when I had them several years ago.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-09-07, 07:47 AM
I might be able to catch the Australasia one, depending on how well I can find the money...put me into the possibles

This is pretty much the same camp as me. I'll have to see what I can do, but hopefully I can catch a cheap-ish flight up.

Only problem will be that I'm working next year, but I'll see what can be done

Yes I'm aware that I can't make it to the one I'm only a couple of days off in a city I regularly visit but might make it to the one in a year when I have no likely plan and it's a far-off city I've only been to twice. What of it? I'll just need some sort of guideITP :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-07, 08:03 AM
Ye havena said whether it's the 18th or the 25th! :smalltongue:

Also, I really wouldn't count me in for the whole accomodation thing in Queensland. You really don't want to be in a 10 mile radius of me when I sleep.

Seriously. Trust me on this. It's taken my girlfriend 8 months to get used to the sound of my snoring. You won't sleep if I'm around :smallwink:

Melbourne meet-up is the 18th. You in? And I'm sure we can put up with your snoring for a couple days. Don't let it shy you away from a great time in Queensland! :smalltongue:

I would request a Queen if one was available, not because I want the 'luxury' of it, but because I am rather tall and single beds can be... uncomfortably short.

Lady Moreta's post has 3 queen-sizes total. I reckon we can give you dibs on one. :smallsmile:

So, the plan so far:

Anything I missed?

Only difference I see is I was planning on Monday as the go-home day.
Mana Bar would be a good meet-up, although getting settled at our accomodation would be a good idea.
ANZAC Day Service could be a good idea, if everyone's okay to attend.
I've been to Dreamworld, Seaworld and Movieworld. I thought they were all great. Never been to Wet n Wild or Whitewater World though. Could be interesting. I haven't been to a pool/water park in ages.
Dracula's is in if everyone's cool to go. Otherwise we'll have to figure something out.
I think Lady Moreta was looking at accomodation. I'll wait for her update.

So this looks like it's gonna be one hell of a time!

Lioness
2010-09-07, 08:55 AM
Put me down as a "Maybe" for the Australasia one. I'll have to check how Uni works and stuff.
It appears that flights are fairly cheap...cheaper than trains, by the look of it. And I'm not sitting on a bus all the way to Brisbane.

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 10:01 AM
Where are you again, Lioness?

Alarra
2010-09-07, 11:46 AM

Ooh, Rawhide's coming? yay! :smallbiggrin:

Lioness
2010-09-07, 06:22 PM
Where are you again, Lioness?

Adelaide.
Why?

Rawhide
2010-09-07, 07:07 PM
Ooh, Rawhide's coming? yay! :smallbiggrin:

No idea at this stage. A remote possibility, yes, but really no idea, sorry.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-07, 10:09 PM
Haven't had a reply from the hotel yet (wasn't really expecting one).

And Naoto, the smaller cottage has one of the single beds in a room on its own, you could easily have that one if you're worried about keeping people awake. :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2010-09-07, 11:24 PM
Adelaide.
Why?I was musing upon the possibility of carpooling*, but if you're that far, a direct flight or at the very least a train would be best.

*Ha! Not like I'm likely to be driving.

Lioness
2010-09-08, 02:50 AM
I was musing upon the possibility of carpooling*, but if you're that far, a direct flight or at the very least a train would be best.

*Ha! Not like I'm likely to be driving.

I was considering driving, but my car is old and I think petrol would work out more expensive than a flight. A one way on Jetstar is about $70, carry on luggage only. I can do that. Petrol, plus car wear, would be more. And the train from Adelaide to Sydney is about $140, and from Sydney to Brisbane, I didn't bother checking because it was too much money already.

Moonshadow
2010-09-08, 06:31 AM
Melbourne meet-up is the 18th. You in? And I'm sure we can put up with your snoring for a couple days. Don't let it shy you away from a great time in Queensland! :smalltongue:

Lady Moreta's post has 3 queen-sizes total. I reckon we can give you dibs on one. :smallsmile:

Haven't had a reply from the hotel yet (wasn't really expecting one).

And Naoto, the smaller cottage has one of the single beds in a room on its own, you could easily have that one if you're worried about keeping people awake. :smallsmile:

No, really. Walls won't stop the sound. I need like, an army bunker to sleep in, and even then my snoring registers on the Richter Scale. It's seriously terri-bad, if you're in the same room, or house, or suburb, you won't sleep.

But I'll see. I'm big enough and ugly enough to do accomodation and flights and whatnot even if I don't have a drivers license, I just gotta work on the money part.

And... I guess I can do the Melbourne meetup on the 18th. I don't know what time exactly I'd get into the city, and I'm generally nervous as hell around new people, but don't take it personally :smallredface:

Skeppio
2010-09-08, 06:48 AM
The Melbourne meet-up 'starts' at 10:00am. As long as you rock up before 11, there shouldn't be a problem. Still waiting on a couple replies from the others. I might invite a friend of mine who I've suggested to join the forums. :smallsmile:

Moonshadow
2010-09-08, 07:10 AM
I can be there before 11.

Just, y'know. Don't be offended if I don't speak much or I'm really nervous or whatnot. I'm really really not good around people for the first time.

Ask my girlfriend. I nearly had a panic attack when I got introduced to 30 members of her family at the one occasion at the same time :smalleek:

Lioness
2010-09-08, 07:19 AM
Ask my girlfriend. I nearly had a panic attack when I got introduced to 30 members of her family at the one occasion at the same time :smalleek:

Don't blame you at all...I went to a lunch with my BF's family...and let me tell you, they're nuts. So I was all shy and didn't talk to anyone but BF and his sister. His family is scary...grandmother had her 70th birthday at the opening of our IKEA

Skeppio
2010-09-08, 07:26 AM
I can be there before 11.

Just, y'know. Don't be offended if I don't speak much or I'm really nervous or whatnot. I'm really really not good around people for the first time.

No probs, mate. I fully understand. :smallsmile:
Speaking of which, feel free to invite the GF. The more the merrier and you might feel better with someone you know.

Rawhide
2010-09-08, 07:31 AM
Anyone got a spare $160? Seems flights can be had from about $80 one way to Melbourne...

Skeppio
2010-09-08, 07:32 AM
Planning on coming to the Melbourne Meet-Up, Rawhide? That seems like quite a trip...

Rawhide
2010-09-08, 08:07 AM
Just musing. It is quite a trip for a single day, and I'm not seriously asking others to fund it. Mind you, if I could earn $160 for doing something, it could be worth it. Anyone need an IT consultant?

Lioness
2010-09-08, 08:32 AM
Just musing. It is quite a trip for a single day, and I'm not seriously asking others to fund it. Mind you, if I could earn $160 for doing something, it could be worth it. Anyone need an IT consultant?

You could buy a souvenir of some amusing sort, make up a crazy and drama-filled story about it, and sell it on Ebay for millions.

"The product that changed my life"

SMEE
2010-09-08, 09:13 AM
This is, of course, something of great interest.
But it requires tons of ahead planning, getting a visa and spending 30+ hours inside airplanes and covering a distance of 15,565 KM, so I'd say a huge maybe there.

I'll try, but I won't promise being there. :smallfrown:

Rowsen
2010-09-08, 12:53 PM
You could buy a souvenir of some amusing sort, make up a crazy and drama-filled story about it, and sell it on Ebay for millions.

"The product that changed my life"

Elvis touched this toast.
How did he touch it over three decades after his death? Shut up, that's how.

Skeppio
2010-09-08, 06:07 PM
This is, of course, something of great interest.
But it requires tons of ahead planning, getting a visa and spending 30+ hours inside airplanes and covering a distance of 15,565 KM, so I'd say a huge maybe there.

I'll try, but I won't promise being there. :smallfrown:

Oh wow, I never expected to generate this much interest. I feel honoured. :smallredface:

Lady Moreta
2010-09-08, 10:03 PM

That's just mean! What was the occasion? 'cause I think I can beat it.

I met my husband's entire family (of probably about 30 odd people too) all at the same time. Guess what day it was? Christmas Day. Yup, I met his family on Christmas, and it was only three months after I moved to Australia :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-08, 10:07 PM
Wow, that's a loooooot of people to suddenly meet. :smalleek:

Did they get you anything? :smalltongue:

Lady Moreta
2010-09-08, 10:53 PM
Honestly? I can't remember :smalltongue:

No, wait, his sister did. She got me a small thing of perfume (that I still have and am actually wearing today). Yes, not only did I meet the entire extended family, it was also the first time I'd ever met his sister. Stressful much?!

Level8Mudcrab
2010-09-09, 07:39 AM
Well, I just asked mum about coming to the Melbourne meetup. She was a bit uncertain of it but she hasn't said no to it. She will probably want to come down with me and see me off but that's fine.

Also what how will I be able to recognise you guys at the meet point? And what thing are we planning to do for the day?

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 07:50 AM
Assuming we got more than 3-4 people (likely at this point), I was gonna book a table at Time Out (http://www.timeoutmelbourne.com.au/home.php), a cafe, under my username Skeppio so you'd be able to ask the counter for 'Skeppio's table'. Still awaiting a response from Naoto (I said he could invite his GF if it'll make him feel more comfortable) and my friend who isn't on the forums.
Otherwise, I'll have to think of something. Maybe a bright garish hat.
What we were doing, I have no idea. I scheduled the meet-up for 10:00am so we'd have a bit of time to throw some ideas around.

Moonshadow
2010-09-09, 07:52 AM
I'm coming. I asked my GF tonight, she said she'll see what she's doing, but she might not be able to come. (She thinks meeting up is cute, btw :smallredface:)

If we're meeting at the station entrance, then going to the cafe, I'd suggest a GITP sign or summat. Otherwise, yeah, ask for the table at the cafe, I guess.

The best identifying feature I can offer for me is my Sumomo satchel bag though :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 07:54 AM
Okay, I'll call em up at work tomorrow and book a table for eight. I'll give my friend a ring and see if he's in.
And Level8Mudcrab, if your mum wants to meet me personally, that's fine. I'm a good person, or so I've been told. :smallsmile:

I'll be able to post the full shebang tomorrow. I doubt the cafe's still open and I don't want to bother my friend this late.

Level8Mudcrab
2010-09-09, 07:57 AM
Okay, sounds good. I'll try to get a final confirmation within the next few days.

Serpentine
2010-09-09, 07:59 AM
They only told you that so you'd stop hitting them.

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 08:15 AM
Convenient, my friend just hopped on MSN. Yeah, he's coming too. :smallsmile:

Forevernade
2010-09-09, 02:19 PM
Daw, it looks like everyone is bringing friends. It's gonna be a Playground Party at Flinders St lol! Well I guess that's a bit of fun, but I dont have anyone to bring, I will be all alone lol. Thats alright, I am usually talkative enough to get along with everyone, we just have to make sure those who DO know eachother dont 'bunch up in little groups of their own' like in primary school (and unfortunately highschool, and even university :smallmad:)

EDIT: it is a shame there are no huge resolution backgrounds for giantitp. It would be nice to have something like that to print off. I just tried google, but maybe my googlefu is just rusty. Can anyone find high res giantitp fanart or desktops?

Lady Moreta
2010-09-09, 08:28 PM
Each of you print your favourite OotS comic and stick it to a stick or something. Then when you get there, you can wave it around, and see who waves back :smallsmile:

Having said that, it is much easier to find people like this than you'd think. Just keep your eyes peeled for the people who are standing around, staring at everyone in the same way you are :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 08:30 PM
That's a cool idea, but I'm just gonna book a table at Time Out, under the name 'Skeppio', so everyone who arrives can just ask to be pointed towards Skeppio's table.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-09, 08:46 PM
And I was joking :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 10:05 PM
Okay, booked the table. I didn't realise that booking it was free :smallredface::smallbiggrin:. The Melbourne meet-up is set! I'll PM the details to those attending. Hope to see you all there! :smallbiggrin:

Oh, I do love it when a plan comes together. *rubs hands*

EDIT: PMs have been sent out.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-09, 10:55 PM
Argh, I hate hotels. I hate the fact that you email them, and it takes them two days to get back to you, and then they comprehensively fail to answer any of your questions.

Got a reply from the Pelican place - didn't answer my questions in case you hadn't guessed. I asked:

Can you please advise how full you generally are around that time, and when we would need to book by to ensure we get the booking we require?
Would you require the entire booking to be done under one name?

They replied:

As we are full self-contained holiday accommodation only take weekly booking at this stage, will take nightly bookings one week ahead.

Exactly where was it that I said I wanted to make a booking? I did specify which units I was interested in, so I can only assume that because I did that she thought I wanted to make a booking. Silly me for trying to be helpful and give as much info as possible. How hard would it be to just read the actual questions and say "oh, April's not too busy, you should be fine". Grrrr...

As you may have guessed, I have an extremely low tolerance for emails that don't answer questions. That and I haven't slept properly in about two weeks and I'm falling-down exhausted right now.

I shall reply and try and get some clarification - and will try not to blast the woman's head off like I am tempted to do.

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 10:59 PM
Dang, sorry you hit a snag there. Yeah, you'd think those questions would be pretty east to answer, but no...
And "As we are full self-contained holiday accommodation only take weekly booking at this stage, will take nightly bookings one week ahead." What? That doesn't answer a thing! It doesn't even make sense!
Hope you get on to someone more helpful next time and I hope you can get some sleep over the weekend.

Serpentine
2010-09-09, 11:02 PM
This response you presume good faith and be polite. Next one, you get tetchy. One after that, you get the contact details for higher-ups. After that, you blast them and look elsewhere.
That's what I think, anyway :smallwink:

Rawhide
2010-09-09, 11:04 PM
While she hasn't answered one of your questions, she has made one thing clear. Unless you are booking for an entire week, you cannot book more than one week in advance - which means that you can't be guaranteed any rooms, particularly not for both school holidays and ANZAC day combined.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-09, 11:06 PM
Dang, sorry you hit a snag there. Yeah, you'd think those questions would be pretty east to answer, but no...
And "As we are full self-contained holiday accommodation only take weekly booking at this stage, will take nightly bookings one week ahead." What? That doesn't answer a thing! It doesn't even make sense!
Hope you get on to someone more helpful next time and I hope you can get some sleep over the weekend.

As I was replying snittly I realised that she was probably answering the 'when would we have to book by?' question. IE: they'll only take bookings now for April 2011 if they're at least a week's stay. Bookings of less than that (ie: our three nights) can only be done one week ahead.

I did ask her to then give me a clue as to how busy they are in April, because forcing us to book only a week in advance doesn't give me much hope that there'll be anything available by the time we get to April. Unless we want to stay a week? :smalltongue:

@ Serp & Rawhide
yeah, I'm a bit slow today... :smallredface: I figured it out before sending a grumpy email though.

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 11:11 PM
There's an interesting dilemma...we'll have to think about this one.

Forevernade
2010-09-09, 11:41 PM
Woot woot woot woot. I hooked another playgrounder in. He is in from my uni...

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 11:43 PM
Woot woot woot woot. I hooked another playgrounder in. He is in from my uni...

For the Melbourne Meet-Up? Who is he? I'll send him the details. Or have you already taken care of it?

king.com
2010-09-09, 11:46 PM
I got roped into it a minute ago. I should hopely be able to come to the melbourne meetup.

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 11:48 PM
Ah, you must be Forevernade's friend. Did he PM you the details? If not, I'll send 'em over.

king.com
2010-09-09, 11:50 PM
PM me the details please :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-09-09, 11:54 PM
I'm glad to hear this seems to be building into something reasonably significant :smallsmile: Don't forget: pics or we take to your knees with baseball bats.

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 11:56 PM
Sent you the details, king.com.

And yes yes, pictures. Rowsen and our offline friend have pretty good phone cameras. Mines old, low res and probably scratched. :smallsigh:

And yeah, this is turning out well. Any more attendees and I'll have to call Time Out back to book a bigger table (still happy that booking is free).

Lady Moreta
2010-09-10, 12:02 AM
Yes, your knees with baseball bats and your heads with large trout.

Don't worry about the accommodation thing Skep. When I have time (aka: never :smalltongue:) I'll do another search. Unless Black Pants Guy has any other ideas?

(and when I say 'never' I really mean 'on the weekend')

Rowsen
2010-09-10, 12:05 AM
Sent you the details, king.com.

And yes yes, pictures. Rowsen and our offline friend have pretty good phone cameras. Mines old, low res and probably scratched. :smallsigh:

And yeah, this is turning out well. Any more attendees and I'll have to call Time Out back to book a bigger table (still happy that booking is free).

My phone camera is awful. We may have to get a disposable camera or something. And by we, I mean not me.

Skeppio
2010-09-10, 12:08 AM
Huh, could've sworn yours was good. At least I know our friend's is good. I still have the pic of you and I with a guy in a big Mario Costume, Rowsen. :smallbiggrin:
That was on his phone camera. Great quality.

Rowsen
2010-09-10, 12:10 AM
Huh, could've sworn yours was good. At least I know our friend's is good. I still have the pic of you and I with a guy in a big Mario Costume, Rowsen. :smallbiggrin:
That was on his phone camera. Great quality.
Upon further review it's ok in decent light.

Forevernade
2010-09-10, 12:15 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs565.snc3/30844_10150192121965858_885685857_13040958_1348941 _n.jpg

Who's that sexy beast?

EDIT: yes... yes it's me.

Skeppio
2010-09-10, 12:16 AM
Who indeed? I'm guessing you.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-10, 01:03 AM
Unless Black Pants Guy has any other ideas?
I'll check with other places soon, currently ill and find it hard to speak (plan to do it by phone, emails are so impersonal and nobody ever answers any questions):smallfrown:

Skeppio
2010-09-10, 01:07 AM
Don't worry about the accommodation thing Skep. When I have time (aka: never :smalltongue:) I'll do another search. Unless Black Pants Guy has any other ideas?

(and when I say 'never' I really mean 'on the weekend')

I'll check with other places soon, currently ill and find it hard to speak (email are so impersonal and nobody ever answers any questions etc. etc.):smallfrown:

Thanks, you guys. It's a huge help. Do you want me to do anything? I spearheaded the meet-up and I'm starting to feel like I'm not pulling my weight. :smallredface::smalltongue: At least I did some work for the Melbourne one.

And take your time, both of you. I know you're both unwell, so have a realxing weekend and I hope you recover soon.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-10, 01:34 AM
(plan to do it by phone, emails are so impersonal and nobody ever answers any questions):smallfrown:

Even as I was emailing, I was saying to myself that I should just ring. Except I think better in writing, and I was/am sick.

Forevernade
2010-09-10, 02:34 AM
So where can i see photos of all the 'main characters' in this aussie group? I hope im not the only one posting a photo lol.

Moonshadow
2010-09-10, 04:26 AM
If you like, I can give you a hand with the accommodation, Mor?

All I really need is a general idea of what things we plan to do, and I'm sure I can find a central location + public transport or whatnot. I'm sure it can't be /too/ hard to find it.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-10, 11:15 PM
'sall right, I got it :smallsmile:

Had another reply- they are likely to be fully booked that weekened. So unless we want to stay for a week and are happy to book now, we'll need a place that's a bit more flexible.

Oh, and Skep, add me and the husband (Peregrine) to the 'definitely' list. I finally got around to talking to him about it :smallsmile: Conversation went something like this:

me: "wanna go to Brisbane next year to meet a bunch of people off the GitP forums?"

him: "okay"

:smallbiggrin:

Moonshadow
2010-09-10, 11:42 PM
A week is probably pushing my funds a bit, heh.

But that said, it doesn't /have/ to be the ANZAC Weekend. Public holidays and such are always top dollar compared to off peak times. If we could find an off peak time that we can all theoritcally do, we'd save a ton on accommodation.\

We could always do backpackers hostels? I'll practically ensure we have the place to ourselves with my snoring :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Your husband sounds like a smart guy, Mor :smalltongue: You have him very well trained :smallbiggrin:

lothos
2010-09-11, 04:27 AM
Hi,
just seen this thread. I live to the East of Melbourne and would love to meet some other Australians in the playground in Melbourne on 18th September. I've got plans for the morning of that date, but can probably come along for a few hours in the afternoon.

So it's definitely at the Time out Cafe, off Federation Square ? I'll probably be there some time around 3pm.

Cheers.

Serpentine
2010-09-11, 04:33 AM
I think they were planning to go elsewhere for the rest of the day, so you might want to exchange mobile numbers.

lothos
2010-09-11, 04:37 AM
Thanks !
Happy to do so. I'll PM my Mobile number to the organisers.

Cheers.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-12, 04:21 AM
Serpentine - did you have an argument with someone about an albatross lately? :smallbiggrin:

And Naoto, not so much well-trained as used to me. And one of those rare finds who doesn't think it odd to fly clear across the country to meet a bunch of comparative strangers. :smallbiggrin:

Rawhide
2010-09-12, 04:29 AM
Serpentine - did you have an argument with someone about an albatross lately? :smallbiggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_u7VGiMO0U

Lady Moreta
2010-09-12, 04:34 AM
Ahhh... once again my lack of Monty Python knowledge comes back to bite me in the butt.

I really need to watch them, just so I can stop missing all the jokes. One of these days...

Skeppio
2010-09-12, 05:26 AM
So where can i see photos of all the 'main characters' in this aussie group? I hope im not the only one posting a photo lol.

I haven't got a pic of myself from within this year. :smallsigh:

But you'll see us all at the meet-up, so yeah. :smalltongue:

We'll take plenty of pics on the day.

_Zoot_
2010-09-12, 06:09 AM
So I would love to come to the Brisbane meeting but I have no idea what I will be doing at that time next year (it'll be my first year out of school and this whole 'Uni' thing is confusing the hell out of me).

But, put me down and I'll see if I can't... um ... get a flight up there or something.

Yeah, I have no idea, but still I'll try to be there!

Rowsen
2010-09-12, 06:14 AM
So I would love to come to the Brisbane meeting but I have no idea what I will be doing at that time next year (it'll be my first year out of school and this whole 'Uni' thing is confusing the hell out of me).

But, put me down and I'll see if I can't... um ... get a flight up there or something.

Yeah, I have no idea, but still I'll try to be there!

Well you have plenty of time to prepare so don't stress :smallwink:

Moonshadow
2010-09-13, 04:32 PM
I'm now not sure what time I'll be there on Saturday. My parents bought a TV cabinet off eBay, and I have to go to Wantirna after 9 or so on Sat morning to help my dad pick it up. So I'm really not sure what time I'll be in the city, but I am still coming :smallfrown:

Skeppio
2010-09-13, 09:21 PM
No probs. Just give me a ring when you arrive in the city and I'll come meet you.

Moonshadow
2010-09-14, 07:16 AM
Bleah. I just found out that we're not picking it up till 10 in Wantirna, and I'll feel fairly guilty if I don't come back home to help unload it, I really shouldn't leave my mother to help my dad.

Have you figured out where you'll all be after say, 12/12:30ish? Thats probably the earliest I can get into the city, and I'm more than happy to meet you guys wherever you go to, I'm fairly confident of my CBD navigational abilities :smallfrown:

Skeppio
2010-09-14, 07:18 AM
I'm afraid not. Again, when you get in, give me a call and I'll be able to tell you where we are. Whether you want to come to us or want me to come get you is up to you. I'm sure I gave you my number. Looking forward to seeing you...whenever. :smallbiggrin:

Moonshadow
2010-09-14, 04:43 PM
*sigh* I'll do my best to get there, but I'm not super confident at the moment. I also found out that I have barely any money left until I get paid next week too, which is a bummer.

I'll try, but I just might not be able to do it now :smallsigh: makes me feel like a bit of a jerk for having stuff come up at the last minute.

Serpentine
2010-09-14, 11:36 PM
Is it a worry, that my reflex to hearing someone suggest they might not be able to go to a social gathering because of a lack of funds is to say "don't worry, I'll shout you!"?
I need less-broke friends :smallsigh:

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 12:17 AM
I admit Serp, that reflex did pop up in my mind too.

Serpentine
2010-09-15, 12:19 AM
Yeah, but you actually could do it, in person. I'm not even going and I went to offer :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 12:25 AM
And that's one of the many reasons we love you. :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2010-09-15, 12:28 AM
I should probably point out that I'm (probably) not going to, but rather that it happens so often it's now reflex :smalltongue: Although, honestly, I probably would in person...

Lady Moreta
2010-09-15, 01:28 AM
If it makes you feel any better Serps, it was my first impulse as well, and I'm not going either :smallsmile:

Apparently we're all just wonderful people :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 01:31 AM
GROUP HUG!!! :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2010-09-15, 01:38 AM
I could go a hug actually... still working on this stupid document for my boss. All the text is sorted, but I know have to go through and re-create all the diagrams. So far I have spent about two hours - on one.

Guess who's gonna be late home tonight? :smallsigh:

Moonshadow
2010-09-15, 06:13 AM
Thats okay, because I wouldn't accept the charity anyways, I'm too proud, heh.

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 06:17 AM
@ Lady Moreta
*hugs* Your boss really needs to pick on the other workers. You deserve a raise or chocolate or something.

@ Naoto Shirogane
Remember, pride comes before the fall. :smallwink:

Cheesegear
2010-09-15, 06:18 AM
I'm in for Brisbane! I just hope that there's nothing important going on in that weekend that I don't know about yet.

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 06:20 AM
A challenger approaches!
Wow, this Australasia Meet-Up list is getting big.

Cheesegear
2010-09-15, 06:21 AM
Wow, this Australasia Meet-Up list is getting big.

Australasia is a big place. If you rope them. They will come.

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 06:27 AM
It's working. :smallbiggrin:

Lioness
2010-09-15, 06:57 AM
So I've just found out that the Brisbane one is in Uni school holidays. The chances of me coming have increased to "almost definitely" because I can't see mum objecting, because I'll be 18 by then.

Moonshadow
2010-09-15, 06:59 AM
@ Lady Moreta
*hugs* Your boss really needs to pick on the other workers. You deserve a raise or chocolate or something.

@ Naoto Shirogane
Remember, pride comes before the fall. :smallwink:

Pride may indeed cometh before the fall, yes. But I'm more of a giver, not a taker. I just can't help that. I get very very bad feelings of guilt if I take things from other people, it's a bit of a raw spot with me.

Yet I'm also the idiot who gives away his savings to friends when they need them, and lives paycheck to paycheck most weeks. Ah well.

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 07:04 AM
@ Lioness

Awesome! See you there! :smallbiggrin:

@ Naoto Shirogane

I getchya. I'm trying to be a bit more of a giver myself. Skeppio was a little too takey back in the day :smallannoyed:. At least I wasn't a jerk about it, I simply didn't have the cash to pay back my friends. But generosity is a good virtue to have, as long as you don't go insane with it.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-15, 07:13 AM
@ Lady Moreta

You got that right :smalltongue: not that I stayed late in the end. I was going to, but I realised that I had at least another 2 hours of work to do, and decided there was no way I was staying at work til 7pm. I don't get paid overtime and I'm not that fond of my boss.

So I've just found out that the Brisbane one is in Uni school holidays. The chances of me coming have increased to "almost definitely" because I can't see mum objecting, because I'll be 18 by then.

Yay! :smallsmile: I admit, I suggested late April because that's when WA school holidays are, and next year Peregrine will be teaching. I keep forgetting that the states all have different holidays. I'm too used to NZ where pretty much everything runs to the same timetable.

Oh, and I will accept any and all offerings of chocolate :smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 07:16 AM
7pm? Sheesh, I'm done at work AND the gym by then and on my way home. 7pm is just rough. The longest I've had to stay back was until 6ish.

And as for chocolate, please accept this delectable chocolate keyboard.

http://www.geekalerts.com/u/chocolate-keyboard.jpg

Serpentine
2010-09-15, 07:24 AM
Pride may indeed cometh before the fall, yes. But I'm more of a giver, not a taker. I just can't help that. I get very very bad feelings of guilt if I take things from other people, it's a bit of a raw spot with me.Ah, but, you see, by taking our money, you would have been giving us your company :smallwink:

Moonshadow
2010-09-15, 08:05 AM
Not really, I'd have to pay you to put up with me:smallredface:

Lioness
2010-09-15, 08:10 AM
Not really, I'd have to pay you to put up with me:smallredface:

Nawww...hun, they wouldn't offer if they didn't want your company :)

Plus, it often balances out in the end. My friend shouted my gelati one day. I drive her places, and another day lent her $5 to buy an awesomely amazing top that suited her so well.

So even if people shout you this time, you might shout them the next, or get them chocolates when you have money :smallsmile:

Not trying to diss your opinion, just saying there are other options ^^

Lady Moreta
2010-09-15, 08:04 PM
7pm? Sheesh, I'm done at work AND the gym by then and on my way home. 7pm is just rough. The longest I've had to stay back was until 6ish.

That's why I didn't stay :smalltongue:

And as for chocolate, please accept this delectable chocolate keyboard.

That is... that is just plain awesome. Where did you find that?

Skeppio
2010-09-15, 09:59 PM
I just googled chocolate and it was the first non-standard chocolate image. :smallsmile:

Lady Moreta
2010-09-15, 11:46 PM
Except that now of course, I want a chocolate keyboard :smalltongue:

I shall have to settle for a - uh, well, I don't actually have any chocolate right now :smallfrown:

Moonshadow
2010-09-16, 05:07 PM
:smallsigh: Sorry guys, but I won't be able to make it on Saturday. Apologies for the short notice, too.

Skeppio
2010-09-16, 06:47 PM
Argh, bummer. :smallfrown:
Picking up that desk gonna take much longer than you thought, eh?
In any case, maybe we can find a free weekend in the near future and meet up then?

EDIT: Wait, what? It's Friday already? Man, I've been off work the past three days sick, and now I keep thinking it's Tuesday and the past few days were the weekend. :smallconfused:

Forevernade
2010-09-16, 08:46 PM
See you all tomorrow :smallsmile:

Skeppio
2010-09-16, 08:49 PM
No, it is I who will see you tomorrow! Nyah hah hah hah!

But yeah, looking forward to meeting you all. And to those who can't make it, we'll have to find another date to hang out. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2010-09-16, 11:01 PM
I'm so jealous... :smallsigh:

Skeppio
2010-09-16, 11:09 PM
Don't worry, Lady Moreta. Before you know it, it'll be time for the Australasia Meet-Up! And it'll be big! And awesome!

Rowsen
2010-09-18, 02:17 AM
Well, I hope the meetup went well everyone! Sorry I couldn't make it, I've had a nasty cold.
I DEMAND PICS AND TALES OF WHIMSY AND WONDER

Skeppio
2010-09-18, 03:47 AM
Well, I call the meet-up a success! I had a great time! It was a pleasure meeting you all. We should do this again sometime. Pics soon, hopefully. Just waiting on Mezerian to PM me.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-18, 03:50 AM
I'm still jealous :smalltongue:

And yes, we want photographic evidence!

Serpentine
2010-09-18, 03:51 AM
Yay! How many people turned up?

Skeppio
2010-09-18, 03:56 AM
Myself, Forevernade, Level8Mudcrab, Mezerian and king.com. lothos appeared in the afternoon, after Forevernade and king.com had left.

Mezerian has two pics on his phone and lothos has one. My phone camera sucks, so I don't have any. I'm waiting for them to PM them to me, or post them themselves. :smalltongue:

Level8Mudcrab
2010-09-18, 05:12 AM
Meetup was good fun, nice to meet everyone. Hopefully we get to do another one sometime.

Skeppio
2010-09-19, 04:14 AM
Got one image from the meet-up. Kinda blurry, but it'll do.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9871/img0919140935zuc99v.jpg
Left to right: Level8Mudcrab, king.com, Forevernade, Me.

I had a really bad grin there...

Lady Moreta
2010-09-19, 08:54 PM
Yay picture!

I have to say, you look kinda like you're expecting the camera to go for the jugular :smalltongue:

Skeppio
2010-09-19, 08:59 PM
Yay picture!

I have to say, you look kinda like you're expecting the camera to go for the jugular :smalltongue:

Yeah, like I said, bad grin. I gotta get a better pic of myself sometime...
At least I still have my pic with Charles Martinet. :smallamused:

Lady Moreta
2010-09-19, 10:02 PM
Oh, not you specifically... you all have this 'run away' look :smalltongue:

Probably due to the "I'm taking pictures with people I just met" factor :smallsmile:

Klose_the_Sith
2010-09-20, 01:29 AM
Hey peoples :smallbiggrin:

Skeppio
2010-09-20, 01:32 AM
Oh, not you specifically... you all have this 'run away' look :smalltongue:

Probably due to the "I'm taking pictures with people I just met" factor :smallsmile:

Ah, I see.

Hey peoples :smallbiggrin:

Hi Klose!

lothos
2010-09-20, 06:04 AM
Hello,
Sorry for the delay responding, here is a picture from the meeting in the afternoon (spoilered for bandwidth reasons)

http://users.tpg.com.au/davey159/images/Skeppio-Lothos-and-Level8Mudcrab%2Cjpg.jpg

Left to right: Skeppio, Myself and Level8Mudcrab

It was great to meet you two guys. I probably won't be able to make it to Brisbane, but I'll certainly try to attend any future Melbourne meetings and maybe even Sydney.

Skeppio
2010-09-20, 06:06 AM
Cheers, lothos.

And I swear we didn't give Level8Mudcrab liquor, despite the sign above us. :smallbiggrin:
I don't think I ended up thanking you for the glass of wine. So thanks, I'll have to shout you next time.

Rawhide
2010-09-20, 06:08 AM
(spoilered for bandwidth reasons)

Spoilers do not save bandwidth. All images in spoilers are downloaded on loading the page.

lothos
2010-09-20, 06:53 AM
Oh,
sorry. I guess it's just shown/hidden with Javascript then... sorry. I can un-spoiler it if you like.

Cheers.

Rawhide
2010-09-20, 07:02 AM
Oh,
sorry. I guess it's just shown/hidden with Javascript then... sorry. I can un-spoiler it if you like.

Cheers.

Nah, leave it spoilered. It's page-stretchy wide. I'm just letting you know about the bandwidth thing.

Lady Moreta
2010-09-20, 08:17 PM
You made Level8Mudcrab shiny, well done! :smallbiggrin:

Just some light reflecting off the lens really, but I seem to be in a silly mood this morning.

SilverSheriff
2010-09-26, 10:01 AM
Just thought I'd make a bit of a Bump by asking if anybody had any other things they wanted to do. Hey guys, do you want to do anything else while you are in Brisbane?

Serpentine
2010-09-26, 10:04 AM
I'll nag my dad about events. He said he'd find out for me...

Skeppio
2010-09-26, 07:13 PM
Just thought I'd make a bit of a Bump by asking if anybody had any other things they wanted to do. Hey guys, do you want to do anything else while you are in Brisbane?

Serp had some ideas, but I see she's already posted.

I guess I could ask for a status report. Have you found any accomodation to note, Black_Pants_Guy?