PDA

View Full Version : Ghostwalker Prestige Class

true_shinken
2010-09-01, 11:56 AM
So, I was thinking.
I really like the Ghostwalker prestige class from Sword & Fist. It's fun, it's quirky, it's badass. Thing is... what were they thinking?
Requirements suck. You get a huge bonus on Intimidate checks... but not Intimidate as a class skill?
Also, painful reckoning is pretty cool, but you'll hardly use it on a party-based game.
Thought on this? Anyone else digs the Ghostwalker?

Zaydos
2010-09-01, 11:57 AM
Love the fluff. Makes me feel like a cowboy even.

Hate the crunch.

Cieyrin
2010-09-01, 02:11 PM
Ghostwalker and Lasher are the PRCs I wish had been updated and brought over to 3.5, perhaps with some redesign.

Beyond that, I'd have to dig out my copy of Sword and Fist to be more useful in detailing what it does and whatnot.

GhoulPolitician
2010-09-01, 02:43 PM
Fun concept, though in anything other than a solo campaign the fluff would be at the very least hard, if not impossible, to work with. Also the class was much more fun pre-errata, etherealness and shadow walking as extraordinary abilities :smallbiggrin:

Mongoose87
2010-09-01, 02:44 PM
Ghostwalker and Lasher are the PRCs I wish had been updated and brought over to 3.5, perhaps with some redesign.

Beyond that, I'd have to dig out my copy of Sword and Fist to be more useful in detailing what it does and whatnot.

I'll second that on Lasher, though, IIRC, it wouldn't take much work to make it useable.

true_shinken
2010-09-01, 10:41 PM
I'll second that on Lasher, though, IIRC, it wouldn't take much work to make it useable.

Lasher only needs changes to skill list and the use of the 3.5 whip rules.