PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 96: Anisimovna & Lyir Torsis vs. Veldryn v'Two & Blue

ArenaManager
2010-09-01, 01:36 PM
Arena Tournament, Round 96: Anisimovna & Lyir Torsis vs. Veldryn v'Two & Blue

Map:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/01-the_temple.png

XP Award: 300 XP to each non-DQd member of winning team
GP Award: 300 GP to each non-DQd member of winning team

Anisimovna (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=234964) - candycorn
Lyir Torsis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=235169) - Kyeudo
Veldryn v'Two (http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=5098) - RandomAction
Blue (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=230360) - Cadian 9th

All Combatants, please roll initiative and declare any final purchases

Prior to the match start you may privately plan by spoiler or PM with your partner, but after the start any communications will need to be done in character inside the arena as rules allow.

RandomAction
2010-09-01, 01:49 PM
Still don't have access to my sheets, so purchases will have to wait. Remembered my Ini mod.

Ini roll: [roll0]

Can I get a description of your 'Spined Devil' spell, Candycorn?

candycorn
2010-09-01, 02:29 PM
Initiative:[roll0]

Sure thing. General Description below. For specifics, consult Fiendish Codex II, p. 106.

Investiture of the Spined Devil:I target a living creature within close range. For 1 minute per caster level, it gains Fire resist 5, and may, as a standard action, fire a volley of 1 to 3 spines at a target (or multiple targets within 15 feet) up to 60 feet away. Each spine does 1d6+Str damage if it hits.

@Kyeudo/Observers (not opposing team):I can memorize a Jump spell for your Sudden Leap, if you like.

I've tangoed with Veldryn before. Duskblade with high melee damage, and True Strike/Color Spray for level 1 spells.

Blue seems to have a lot of HP, but I'm not entirely sure he's got much else. As a black dragon based draconic character, he's got a 2d6 acid line, but he'll never be able to entangle us if we can afford a resist energy potion, as he needs to halve the damage to 1d6 to apply Entangling Exhalation.

Purchases aren't finalized until your first action... You'd have the option of downgrading the armor and shielding yourself? Alternately, if you want to pick up a scroll of mage armor instead, I can drop that on you for round 1, and you can forego armor entirely until our first win.

Alternately, if you think you can evade or outwit Cadian, I'm pretty sure I can handle him... I could drop him in 2-3 rounds of ranged firing, once I engage.

Purchases: Resist Energy Potion - Acid (CL 1) - Duskblade crafted. -50gp.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-01, 06:03 PM
Checking in, Ini!

[roll0]
EDIT: :smallbiggrin:

Purchases: None.

Is it Ok if I change to Battle Dragon Heritage? Its fine if not.

Random Action/Observers/Ref:

Yeah, your sheet is "MIA", Have you got any advice/questions/requests?

What's your char do?

Sallera
2010-09-01, 06:07 PM
Sorry, no modifications to characters once the Round's started.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-01, 06:13 PM
Thought so. Worth a try tho, anyway. No changes for me! :smallbiggrin:

candycorn
2010-09-01, 06:14 PM
... Both our opponents roll nat 20's for initiative... LOL.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-01, 06:52 PM
Yeah, we're running hot. We're waiting on Kueydo, now, right?

I can't help but think that fighting the high reff is a good idea :smallbiggrin:

RandomAction
2010-09-01, 10:47 PM
Sorry, I don't have FC2. One of the few books I do not have. Is it a ranged touch or just a ranged attack?

As stated in the waiting room, Pifro will be back here soon and my sheet will be available then.

Duskblade has sure helped the Resist Energy potion line hasn't it?

Cadian/Refs:
Duskblade is found in Player's Handbook 2, it is a hybrid tank arcane caster class. I am going to assume that you do not have the book, if you do then please overlook my explanation here.
My build focuses on melee damage. With truestrike and color spray as my spells, so I can knock someone unconcious if I get into range or have a perfect hit on someone. I have a buff that boosts Str/Dex/Con by +2 if I pass the CL check.
I have a racial feat that allows me as an immediate action to create mirror images of myself, only 1d4 though, or it can be used to blind everyone within a 20' radius(has a save) and I get to be treated as if I was under an invisibility spell for 1 round at the same time reguardless of save. It has other uses, but those concern seeing invisibility and causing lights to go out.
I do have a scroll of Seeking Ray, requires a CL check of 4 to cast, that does 4d6 points of damage with a ranged touch that may come in handy.
Until my sheet pops, I am in the dark on any additional purchases, but I do suggest Shield to help with the Spined Devil attack thing there. Hopefully Candycorn will blow the CL check instead. With their buying of Resist Acid, this will cause problems with your entangling them.
My thoughts on our opponents:
Candycorn, I suggest some way to gain concealment thanks to her murky-eyed flaw. Obscuring mist maybe? Wait, using my images trick I can cast Darkness on myself or a rock (dropping it as I near) thus helping out there, but considering the Investiture of the Spined Devil's description it is better as a single person defense since it can hit close standing opponents.
Kyuedo, he has reach, good AC and Hp, not including the lesser confusion(close range) and the DR 5/byeshk (rare metal from eberron in case you didn't know). Best thing I can do is hit him with Color Spray and hope he fails the save. Then hammer him down quickly.
What are your thoughts here?

candycorn
2010-09-01, 10:58 PM
It's a ranged attack, not a ranged touch.

RandomAction
2010-09-01, 11:00 PM
Thanks again Candycorn.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-01, 11:15 PM
Randomaction/Observers:

Kay, I knew that. I know most of the books, but thanks.

On opponents:
Agreed. I don't have those spells however I will do my best to entangle nuke Kueydo, They'res no way to avoid it however the ongoing damage will do nothing since his DR. If you want I can try and tank Candycorn's attacks for a while to get her in the open, So you can cut her down.

Entangling Kueydo will allow you to have an easier job scorching him. But I only have 3 breath weapons.

I'll do my best to deal with Candycorn, actually. I always'll hit and dealing enough damage I can cut her down easier while you focus on Kueydo.

RandomAction
2010-09-01, 11:46 PM
Cadian/Refs:
Like I said, didn't know if you knew or not.

With DR, as I have been told any elemental damage automatically bypasses it dealing normal damage. My ranged attacks have a -2 to them, Shaky flaw sadly.
I suggest you use the scroll against Kyeudo since you will have an easier time hitting him than I and keep a focus on him with your breath weapon afterwards. Entangling if possible to keep him tied up and I will go after Candycorn with my +5 melee mod(+6 with successful buff) and a min damage of 6. One hit and she is down.
I can use my images to soak some of the attacks she can throw at me (blinding instead if I must) and with my 40' move I can be on her in a hurry. If you can give me a buff of the shield to help on the first turn and I will drop the scroll for you before I rush off after her. Allowing you to follow behind me covering my back with the range of the scroll's spell.
How does this sound?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 12:09 AM
Randomaction/Observers

Roger that.

EDIT: Penny Drops! Candy's immune to my most awsome attacks. Kueydo doesn't have enough money, so I'll focus on him.

Sounds like a plan. Using Shield on you is impossible, I took it on the off chance a Warmage/Fell drain magic missle build would be coming at me.

So you'll give me the scroll? Are we alloweed to communicate OOC after it begins?

Kyeudo
2010-09-02, 02:08 AM
Alright, my first match in . . . 6 months I think it is? Let's see if I can still do this.

No purchases.

Inititive: [roll0]

@Candycorn

I'm not worried about our dragon sorcerer. His damage output is relatively low. I'll see if Lyir can keep the Duskblade busy while you deal with Blue. Damage Reduction and Rageclaws can go a long way.
Don't worry about the Jump spell. I only intend to use Sudden Leap for small adjustments until I can get my armor check penalty down lower.

candycorn
2010-09-02, 03:48 AM
@Kyeudo:23 Effective HP with DR 5? That'll last 2 hits from a Ripper (which is, I think, what he uses - so you should have the edge in reach). Note: He is lesser drow, and has a few alternate abilities from a feat. The big one I remember is a 1 minute mirror image.

Understood on Jump. That'll free me up for a few other things for myself. For future rounds, if there's any buffs you'll want, let me know. Enlarge person is dirt cheap as a scroll, and I'll cast it at CL 2 once I scribe it.

If I were them, I'd be trying to send the duskblade my way, since the sorceror is all but useless against me. In any event, since I'm a buffer, I expect a rather quick assault by Veldryn. I have no issues with evading him, if need be, but I'm expecting him to have LOS by round 2.

Match particulars (Kyeudo and Refs only):Spell List:Mage Hand x5

Expeditious Retreat
Expeditious Retreat
Reduce Person
Ray of Clumsiness
Ray of Clumsiness

Investiture of the Spined Devil

Starting in hand: Scroll of Mage Armor

RandomAction
2010-09-02, 09:04 AM
Hope your character killing skills haven't gotten rusty Kyeudo. I still remember the beating that I took from Revel and maybe this will be a chance to even the win/loss ratio against you. :smallwink:

Cadian/Refs:
The only communication we can make after it starts is in-character, but we can whisper to each other to help raise the DC of our opponent's Listen checks.
I am going to start with my Longbow in hand. Along with the scroll in the other. Delay until after me so I can drop the scroll allowing you to have it and being ready to cast it if required. I forgot about shield being a personal spell, sorry about that. I think you should hammer Kyeudo with the Entangle Blast first, thus if he gets caught up in it this will make it easier for you to hit him with the Seeking Ray scroll. As for the scroll, use it if you must or save it if you can (as long as it doesn't cause any problems for you that is.).
I know that I will be gaining LoS quickly. I have fought with and against Candycorn before. She will be expecting me to come at her trying to get into melee range quickly. I will cast darkness on my bow, after I try to buff with Animalistic Power. My ranged mod is +1 or +2 while buffed and I think I can hit her AC of 16. Since my darkness spell will allow me to hide inside it, I may be able to catch her flat-footed to help negate her dex modded AC.
Once I drop her, I will come and help you with Kyeudo. Or if you drop Kyeudo then vice-versa.
I re-looked over her spellbook and I daresay that she is an excellent buffer style caster. A speed boost with travel devotion will mean she will possibly have some serious movement. Combine this with the 'spines' makes me think she will go on the defensive side of hit/run tactics.
I know this looks like I am overthinking things, but I am really into strategy games and I like to plan out every possible senario that I will be facing.
On a side note, I really hope she fails the CL check.

candycorn
2010-09-02, 02:10 PM
So... we're waiting for Pifro to come back?

@Kyeudo:I think you're the zen master of underestimated characters. Your character doesn't look like much at first glance, but the guy is tough!

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 06:21 PM
@Randomaction/Observers

Kay. To be honest we'll need to work really hard for this as my char is rather a one trick pony. I will move to attack Kueydo, starting with my quarter staff, but I won't attack him immediately. Candy may have given him the Resist potion - in that case I would it would be worthwhile to see if he's under its effects before using a breath weapon on him.

Candy says she's a hit and run character. In that case if she gives the potion to kueydo I'll tackle her, so I don't think they'll do it.

Should we stick together? Say, I'll go 10ft in front. in any case if we keep to the more open terrain we mitigate Candy's movement abilities and can easily maneouver.
And we're lucky. :smallbiggrin:

I think so.

Purhcases: If allowed: 2 Javelins, that's 2gp.

RandomAction
2010-09-02, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I may have a purchase or two. Hate that we have to wait though, sorry that it is my character holding play.

Cadian/Refs:
She won't give him the potion. You have a auto hit attack, and if she takes damage from the entangle, then she would be down too quick. With her attack, I would stay at least 20' away to keep us out of her scoring a possible double hit.
We should move in a prong formation, shouting if we see an enemy, calling out name. This way we can switch directions, north to south axis, and ready attacks for when they appear in LoS.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-02, 11:40 PM
Randomaction/Observers:

Roger that. Ill delay till after you, pick up the scroll. We'll go North, oke?

RandomAction
2010-09-02, 11:46 PM
Cadian/Refs:
I was thinking more along the lines of going through rows. You/I take row 10 and the other Row 16. This way we keep the distance and move in to gain the height attack bonus + keeping the both of them from more than a round or two for buffing.
Any thoughts?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-03, 12:01 AM
Randomaction/Observers/Refs:

Again, You're more experienced than me - Roger that.

I'll take Row 10, though to be honest the hieght bonus is good but I don't think is worth getting attacked in denser terrain. Candy's got the movement, so anything that hampers our movement just gives her the advantage.

Shall we take this to PMs?

RandomAction
2010-09-03, 12:04 AM
Cadian/Refs:
Agreed. Not that I don't trust our opponents, it will save burning up match post per page issues.

RandomAction
2010-09-05, 12:47 AM
Here is the new link to Veldryn (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=9235)'s sheet. I found a way to get to almost all his information, I had to repiece his purchases but they are correct.

Starting Purchase:

Spell Component Pouch -5gp (How do I keep missing this thing???)

Quesion on this one: Since the Trapsmith PrC has Dispell Magic as a 1st level spell and the same spell falls onto my spell-list (4th level), would said scroll's price be 25gp and allow me to cast it without a CL check?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-05, 01:04 AM
Some new purchases:
Sell Chain Shirt +50gp
Buy Leather Armour -25 gp
Buy Scroll of Fists of Stone -25gp
Buy Scroll of Shield -25gp
Buy Scroll of Ray of enfeeblement -25gp

EDIT: Altered.

Hooray!

EDIT: @ Randomaction:

Remember you can blind me and I'll still be primarily effective.

Sallera
2010-09-05, 01:22 AM
Veldryn: Correct.

Blue: Items are sold back at half price.

RandomAction
2010-09-05, 01:38 AM
Final Purchase:
Scroll of Dispell Magic CL1 -25gp

Reserve reactionary rights, but Ready.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-05, 01:41 AM
Ditto on Randomaction. Ready

And O.O Scroll of dispel magic. Wow.

Kyeudo
2010-09-05, 01:54 AM
There is nothing I can buy at this time that will change the outcome of this fight, so Lyir is ready to rock and roll.

Looking at their sheets (finally), the sorcerer is going to be the real threat. All the Duskblade has is damage, and I can soak a good deal of that. If we don't put the sorcerer down fast, though, he will cause me trouble hitting either of them.

candycorn
2010-09-05, 02:46 AM
@Kyeudo:That's true for you. Veldryn is, however, a bigger threat to me.

I have a method for dealing with the breath weapon.

PMing it to you for suggestion.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-05, 06:57 PM
What are we waiting for? Does the spoiler hold up play?

candycorn
2010-09-05, 07:12 PM
I am waiting on a response, yes.

I am purchasing a club (no cost), to allow reactionary purchases, should my partner choose to do so.

I have no further purchases, reserve right to reactionary.

@Kyeudo:A Tower Shield would shield against any attack the sorceror could make, not counting the scrolls. At the very least, it would preserve your mobility.

Kyeudo
2010-09-06, 01:29 PM
@Candycorn

It would also cost me a major advantage against Veldryn. Getting that one AoO on Veldryn that I'd give up by using a tower shield is worth risking becoming entangled.

I'm ready to go. I see no more reason to keep the match on hold.

candycorn
2010-09-06, 01:57 PM
Roger that. I won't be bringing that club into the match.

You may fire when ready, Gridley.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-06, 08:09 PM
Blue, 1st round.

Refs/Los

Starting in Y14, Move to U14, Readying an action:
Readied action:
Pick up the scroll if it is dropped in an adjacent square.

Stats
Hp: 18/18
AC: 16(+3 arm+3Dex), T-13, F-13
Saves: +2/+3/+1
Listen/Spot: +3/+1
Attack: Quarter staff -1 melee d8-1.
Attack: Javelin +1 ranged d6-1.
Spells:
4/3/
Done.

RandomAction
2010-09-06, 10:09 PM
Good luck everyone.

Veldryn,R-1:
Refs/LoS:
Start in Y-13 with loaded longbow in left hand and scroll of Seeking Ray in right. Goggles are worn over eyes.
Drop the scroll - free.
Cast a spell on myself - standard.
CL check to succeed DC:8 - [roll0]
If passes pop spoiler:Cast Animalistic Power, +2 Str/Dex/Con for 1 minute.
Whisper to Partner - "Going Dark next turn."
Switch grip on Bow - free.
Move to S-13.

End turn.

Stats:
Animalistic Power(?) 10/10
Hp: 9/9
AC: 16(+4arm+2Dex), T-12, F-14
Saves: +4/+2/+3
Listen/Spot: +0/+2
Attack: Longbow +1 1d8 x2 100' or Ripper +5 2d6+4 19-20/x2 melee
Spells:
3/3/1(-1)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-06, 10:57 PM
I believe that triggers my action.

Refs/LoS:

Blue picks up scroll of seeking ray.

Sallera
2010-09-06, 11:36 PM
Blue:The scroll was dropped in Y13. You're not close enough to pick it up.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-06, 11:43 PM
Sallera:
I Sit corrected.

candycorn
2010-09-07, 12:40 AM
Anisimovna, Round 1:

Refs/LOS:Begin in A13A14.

Standard: Read scroll of Mage Armor
Swift: Activate Law Devotion (AC)
Free: Drop scroll.
Move: Draw potionResist Acid
Free: 5 foot step from A14 to B15.

Done.

Stats:Location: B15
HP: 4/4
AC: 23 (Touch 20, FF 18) -(+5 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Armor, +3 Profane)
Spells Memorized:Mage Hand, Mage Hand, Mage Hand, Mage Hand, Mage Hand

Expeditious Retreat, Expeditious Retreat, Reduce Person, Ray of Clumsiness, Ray of Clumsiness

Effects Active: Mage Armor 1/600, Law Devotion 1/10 (AC)

Kyeudo
2010-09-07, 01:27 AM
Lyir - Round 1

Refs/LoS

Lyir will start in B14. He will activate his shield spell-like ability and Punishing Stance, then move to F14.

Done.

Stats:

HP: 13/13
AC: 19 (+2 Dex, +5 Armor, +4 shield, -2 stance)

Buffs
Shield - 10/10
Punishing Stance - indefinite

Sallera
2010-09-07, 01:52 AM
Refs:Nyar.

Lyir:Anisimovna is in B15.

Anisimovna:Lyir is in F14.

Veldryn:Blue is in U14.

Blue:Veldryn is in S13.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-07, 01:59 AM
Blue, round 2.

Refs/LoS:

Free: Whisper to Veldryn: " I like it dark... Do you think I can run out and tangle them? Or should I run back and get that scroll? "

Waiting on response.

Stats
Spells:
4/3/

candycorn
2010-09-07, 04:51 AM
@LOS:Speak: "Veldryn will likely need a round or two of buffing before he's comfortable engaging, but the sorceror only has one buff, so he could be coming over or around the hill as early as next round. I'm going to need a couple more rounds to get all my buffs active... potion on my next action, likely, and probably my big spell the round after that. I'm telling you this because there may be a window where you'll have to avoid the sorceror's breath for a round or so, if contact is made round 2. If we can hold back contact with the sorceror until after round 3, I'll be in a good position to attract his attention."

EDIT: Doesn't hold up play.

Sallera
2010-09-07, 11:14 AM
Blue/Veldryn:Keep in mind that you're not adjacent to each other, so whispers won't be heard.

RandomAction
2010-09-07, 11:36 AM
No play holding here.

Refs/Blue:
Since we cannot hear our whispers to each other, then I will speak loud enough for Blue to hear.

"Get the scroll, then join me up top. I will be prepping myself for war."

Cadian 9th
2010-09-07, 05:40 PM
Blue, Round 2

Blue's an 18 year old girl, by the way. Certainly not a man. :smallwink:

Refs/LoS:

Say to Veldryn: " Okay. I'll get it done. Keep care of yourself" :smallwink:

Move: Move to X14.
Free: Drop javelins.
Std: Pick up scroll.

Stats

Spells:
4/3/

Done.

RandomAction
2010-09-07, 06:32 PM
So if someone was to start a grapple with Blue, should they be worried about a harassment suite?

Veldryn,R-2:
Refs/LoS:
Shift grip on bow to one-handed - free.
Since reloading a bow is a free action, is there a action requirement to just draw an arrow? If not, then draw an arrow and change the target of my spell to the arrow.
Cast a spell on Longbow(Arrow?) - standard.
Spellcraft DC:16
Darkness 20' radius@ CL1. Duration 10 minutes/level. Since this causes a radius effect, I wish to select the southeastern corner of any square I am in as the center of effect. If this is possible.
Move to Q-13 while trying to hide.
Hide check: [roll0]
End turn.

Stats:

Animalistic Power(?) 9/10
Darkness 20' radius 100/100
Spells:
3/3/1(-1)
-Buffed-
Hp: 10/10
AC: 17(+4arm+3dex)
Saves: +5/+3/+3
Attacks: Longbow +2 1d8 or Ripper +6 2d6+6

Sallera
2010-09-07, 06:48 PM

Lyir:Anisimovna is in B15. There is shadowy illumination in Q13+35/Q14+35 (counting from ground level).

Anisimovna:Lyir is in F14. There is shadowy illumination in Q13+35/Q14+35 (counting from ground level).

Veldryn:Blue is in X14. And yes, you can draw the arrow as a free action while wielding the bow.

Blue:Veldryn is in Q13, surrounded by a 20ft radius sphere of shadowy illumination.

candycorn
2010-09-07, 07:14 PM
Anisimovna, Round 2, Third to Act

LOS/Refs:Standard: Drink Potion.
Swift: Activate Travel Devotion.
Move: From B15 to D17.
Hide:[roll0]
Move Silent: [roll1]

At all times, Law Devotion is set to AC, until and unless I explicitly state otherwise.

Done.

Stats: Location: D17

Expeditious Retreat, Expeditious Retreat, Reduce Person, Ray of Clumsiness, Ray of Clumsiness

Effects Active: Mage Armor 2/600, Law Devotion 2/10 (AC), Travel Devotion 1/10, Resist Energy (Fire) 1/100

Kyeudo
2010-09-08, 12:50 AM
Lyir - Round 2

Actions:

Double move to O18

Stats:

Buffs
Shield - 9/10

Sallera
2010-09-08, 12:54 AM
Refs:Spot for Lyir: [roll0]

Lyir:When you reach O18, you see Veldryn in Q13, holding bow and arrow, surrounded by a 20ft radius sphere of shadowy illumination (from the southeast corner of the square, if it matters). You also see Blue in X14, holding a scroll, with a pile of javelins at her feet. You may revise your turn from this point if you so wish.

Anisimovna:Lyir leaves LoS southeast from I17.

Veldryn:Blue is in X14. Lyir is in O18.

Blue:Veldryn is in Q13, surrounded by a 20ft radius sphere of shadowy illumination. Lyir is in O18.

Lyir still.

RandomAction
2010-09-08, 01:32 AM
Nothing to hold play.

Ok, I need this answered before I go.....
@Sallera/Ref
What is Lyir holding if anything?

Kyeudo
2010-09-08, 01:42 AM
Lyir - Round 2, Continued

Actions:

Activate Sudden Leap to jump north. Jump:[roll0]
Edit: Since that's not a full 10 feet, I believe that lands me in O17. Stupid Armor Check Penalty.

Stats:

Buffs
Shield - 9/10

Done.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-08, 08:52 PM
Blue, Round

Lol, nice one Randomaction. I think being in the arena kinda voids your childhood innocence warranty card.

Refs/LoS

Move to U-14.
Say: " tap the ground or wave if you need me to move, or just say. "
Standard: Ready Action:

Move if I sense someone within 20' that is not Veldryn. Also move if Veldryn tells me to, by tapping his foot on the ground or otherwise.

Done.

Stats:

Spells:
4/3/

RandomAction
2010-09-09, 11:41 PM
Sorry about the delay, I am still waiting on a question.

RandomAction
2010-09-10, 03:04 AM
Okay, to help save time.
Veldryn,R-3:
Refs/LoS:
Activate GotSQ feat, sacrificing daily use of Dancing Lights+Faerie Fire to gain [roll0] images.
Drop Longbow and arrow - free.
Shout to Partner: "Move South!" - free.
Move to O-16 through O-15 drawing Ripper.
Am I right thinking that since he is at a lower height I do not provoke an AoO since I would have cover? Either way.
Pokey! Pokey! @ Lyir - standard.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

End turn.

Stats:
Animalistic Power 8/10
Darkness 20' radius 99/100
Mirror Image (?images) 10/10
Spells:
3/3/1(-1)
-Buffed-

RandomAction
2010-09-10, 03:06 AM
No play holding:
Ooooo a threat!
Confirm: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

How that hits! :smallbiggrin:

Cadian 9th
2010-09-10, 04:10 AM
Trigger's my readied action.

Refs/LoS

Moving to S18. Ini goes to after Veldryn?

Done, Candycorn, go.

candycorn
2010-09-10, 07:41 AM
Anisimovna, next round:

Refs/LOS:Cast Investiture of the spined devil
CL Check: [roll0] vs CL 8

Turn not over.

candycorn
2010-09-10, 07:49 AM
Anisimovna, Continued:Swift: Move From D17 to F18.
Move: From F18 to G18 (provided stairs are lower, allowing cover)

Hide: [roll0]

Done.

Stats:Location: G18

Effects Active: Mage Armor 3/600, Law Devotion 3/10 (AC), Travel Devotion 2/10, Resist Energy (Fire) 2/100, Investiture of the Spined Devil 1/20

Kyeudo
2010-09-10, 10:57 AM
Lyir - Round 3

@LoS

The stairs have never provided cover, just the height bonus on the attack.

Attack of Oppourtunity:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]

Kyeudo
2010-09-10, 11:00 AM
screwed up the mirror image roll tag.
Mirror Image roll: [roll0] - Hit on a 1.

Kyeudo
2010-09-10, 11:05 AM
Lyir - Round 3

Since that appears to have dropped Veldryn, move to Q18 and attack with Steely Strike.

Steely Strike:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]

Swift Action to target Blue with Mark of Madness if he survives. DC 13 Will Save or confused for 1 round.

Stats:

Buffs
Shield - 8/10

RandomAction
2010-09-10, 11:43 AM
We may need to pause for a sec.

@Kyeudo/Refs:
Uhm, since I have 3 images you would need to roll a d4 to hit me and I am in the darkness effect so after that you would need to roll another miss chance. Since you rolled the d3, then I believe you have to reroll the check.

hustlertwo
2010-09-10, 11:49 AM
Kyeudo/Random/Refs

Also, wasn't it ruled that miss chances have to be rolled by the defender, a while back? And Kyeudo, so you know (if you didn't already), we just recently made the call that all miss chance rolls and other things of that nature will always miss on the low range, to keep people from editing in a different range after their post. So you don't really have to specify anymore.

I don't know what that means for a mirror image roll....I guess that hits on the highest roll, then, since failure was defined as being from the attacker's point of view? Some kinks may still need to be worked out.

Kyeudo
2010-09-10, 02:35 PM
Refs/Random

Guess I doubled goofed the mirror image roll then. Here's a replacement:[roll0] Hit on a 4.

On the subject of the darkness, I would think that LoE would be blocked by the top of the temple, preventing the emanation from reaching your square. We'll need a ref to rule on that, but to speed things up once we do get a ref's ruling, here's a concealment roll:[roll1]

If either of these result in me not killing you, I'll need to retake my turn.

Kyeudo
2010-09-10, 02:44 PM
Lyir - Round 3, Take 2

Since that second mirror image roll means Veldyrn isn't dead from the AoE, here's a retake of my turn. He's now down one image, so only 3 possible to hit now.

First, swift action to use my Mark of Madness on Veldryn. [roll0] If that hits, DC 13 Will Save or be confused for 1 round.

Then, 5 foot step to N18 and attack with Steely Strike.
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]+[roll3]
Mirror Image Chances: (if Mark of Madness hit) [roll4] (if Mark of Madness took out an Image) [roll5]
Concealment (if upheld):[roll6]

Stats:

Buffs
Shield - 8/10

RandomAction
2010-09-10, 05:30 PM
@Refs/Kyeudo:
One image down from the AoO. Since I dropped the arrow in S-13, O-16 would be within the 20' radius. No attack roll used with the Mark of Madness so here is the save, so that would hit me directly. DC:13 Will - [roll0]
Your attack hits an image and I am now down to 1. So far any concealment granted hasn't helped, we are using low # as called per the new precedent correct?
Would a ref check to make sure things are legit from here on my part?

candycorn
2010-09-10, 09:20 PM
Whose turn is it? Kyeudo's or Cadian's?

Should we have LOS in here before continuing?

Or is there a ref issue that needs to be handled?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-10, 09:38 PM
I think its a ref issue. Veldryn's being tricky with his abilities. I'm just skulking around. Its still Kueydo's I think

Sallera
2010-09-10, 10:41 PM
Alright then, a few questions/clarifications needed here.

Lyir/Veldryn:A result of 8 doesn't give Lyir the 5ft of vertical height needed to jump up the stairs, so he would still be in O18. I assume that minor adjustment doesn't significantly change the following actions, but if it would, say so. Just for clarity's sake, had Veldryn actually provoked that AoO while in O15, then he would indeed have had cover, but that's no longer a concern, so the rest of that turn proceeds as written (although he would have had to move to O17 - again, as it's an insignificant modification, assuming that's the case until someone says otherwise). The arrow is in Q13 (not S13) and the centre of the emanation in the southeast corner of that square, so the emanation does reach O16 (again, so far, doesn't matter). Now, Lyir will have to revise the location of his 5ft step in light of the other changes, but the Mark and Steely Strike both hit Veldryn, not the image, bringing him down unless I'm mistaken. Pausing here for confirmation of the above.

Blue:As ruled previously and noted in the list of precedents, readied actions cannot be triggered by out-of-turn free actions such as speech or gestures (your other trigger is fine, though), so your action remains untriggered.

*pauses for breath*

Cadian 9th
2010-09-10, 11:00 PM
@Sallera/Refs

Oh, ok -cool. Can Veldryn tap is foot as well? Other than that, if Kueydo moved within LoS/20ft then my action triggers. In order to attack Veldryn, Kueydo would need to approach within range, so does the readied action trigger?

Sallera
2010-09-10, 11:03 PM
Blue:Your trigger only specified within 20ft, not in LoS, and Lyir hasn't come that close yet.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-10, 11:19 PM
Salera:

Okay then.

Nothing to hold play.

Kyeudo
2010-09-10, 11:43 PM
Refs/LoS

I have no problems with the chain of events Sallera proposes. Since I was in O18 for the AoO, that would make my 5 ft step be to N19.

Done with all corrections to my turn, unless Random has objections.

RandomAction
2010-09-11, 12:31 AM
@Refs/LoS:
I would like a small rewind, please.

In my last LoS I could see Lyir in O-18 and after watching his ending swift action I was under the impression he was in O-17 through his Sudden Leap manuever. Nothing was said about him not making it there with the failed jump check until now.
Since I would still have 10' of movement left and I still can reach O-17 from Q-13, provoking an AoO. He hit an image with the AoO. My critical would hit him.
I passed the Mark's save and still had 2 images left. The Steely Strike is aimed at me, but it is not enough to hit my AC since it is buffed to 17.
I am still here with 2 images.

Sallera
2010-09-11, 12:49 AM
Refs:All caught up now.

Veldryn:That's exactly what I proposed, the only difference being that you were not hit (missed your second stat block), so I don't see any reason a rewind should be needed. Lyir is in N19. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Lyir:Veldryn is in O17, with two images (your attack missed). Blue is in U14. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Anisimovna:Lyir is in N19. Veldryn is in O17, with two images. There is shadowy illumination in O16-T16, Q17, and R17.

Blue:Lyir is in N19. Veldryn is in O17, with two images. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Blue's turn, Round 4. No change from initial initiative order.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-11, 01:16 AM
Blue, Round 4.

Refs/LoS:

Standard: Breath Entangling Fire on Liyr, 60ft line of acid dealing [roll0] damage. Reflex DC 15 half, entangled if he takes 1 damage.

Stats:

Spells:
4/2

Waiting on a save/effect resolution.

RandomAction
2010-09-11, 01:31 AM
Doesn't involve play.

@Sallera only:
Sorry kind of tired and I may have misunderstood your post a little. Just got back from the hospital a little while ago, my sister is having her baby.

I actually thought I had to request a rewind for that change in movement that I overlooked in your post. As for the buffed stats, in case I didn't pass the CL check I put them that way to erase them if needed.

Kyeudo
2010-09-11, 02:24 AM
Reflex Save:[roll0]
Edit: The dice are not in my favor today. :smallannoyed:

Cadian 9th
2010-09-11, 02:36 AM
Ah, sorry mate. You're entangled and'll take d6 acid damage at the start of each round. (Well, my turn, but if I die).

Refs:

Entangled for [roll0] rounds.

Refs/Los:

I'll move to S14.
Free: Shout to Veldryn.

" I got him! Let him burn. "

End turn. Veldyrn, you're up.

RandomAction
2010-09-11, 08:45 AM
Ref/Kyeudo:
Am I right in Assuming Lyir is down?

Kyeudo
2010-09-11, 10:08 AM
Oh, no. I've still got more than enough fight in me.

Candycorn is up.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-11, 10:13 AM
Kyeudo
You sure? I see a confirmed crit by Veldryn for 27 damage, with DR5 that puts you at -9. Add to that the 1 damage breath weapon...
also, could you maybe take a look here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167320&page=2), there's an issue concerning the Dawn map with differing High Ref opinions

Kyeudo
2010-09-11, 10:17 AM
Actually, looks like I missed his critical spoiler. I'm down and I didn't even get to cause some damage.

candycorn
2010-09-11, 10:22 AM
Did Veldryn take a turn I'm not aware of? After Blue is Veldryn, I thought.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-11, 10:24 AM
Did Fallen take a turn I'm not aware of?

Uh, I'm no player here? :smallbiggrin: just referee comment on some confusion between Kyeudo and Random

candycorn
2010-09-11, 10:26 AM
Sorry, meant Random. I was reading your post, and then typed the wrong thing.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-11, 10:31 AM
taking over from Salleras LoS check

Refs
:mitd:

Veldryn
Blue hits Lyir with a line of acid, Lyir goes down
Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE

Anisimova
you see Lyir get hit by a line of acid coming from the northeast. Lyir goes down
Veldryn is in O17, 2 images
Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE

Blue
Veldryn is in O17, with two images. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.
to your surprise, the 1 damage line kills Lyir

continue with rest of Blues turn

Lyir is out of buisness

RandomAction
2010-09-11, 11:15 AM
Uh, I'm no player here? :smallbiggrin: just referee comment on some confusion between Kyeudo and Random

I can understand the confusion. Veldryn can pop up to 4 images and give himself/images concealment on top of that. A surprisingly effective yet complicated build that requires a series of extra rolls and a large dice bag. :smallwink:

Hey anything to prevent taking damage, right?

TheFallenOne
2010-09-11, 11:18 AM
Funny thing is, Lyir had some nice things to prevent/take damage as well. I guess everybody here is surprised he went down this fast

So if someone was to start a grapple with Blue, should they be worried about a harassment suite?

I got away with tentacle grappling a halfling girl, so don't worry :smallwink:

RandomAction
2010-09-11, 11:26 AM
I got away with tentacle grappling a halfling girl, so don't worry :smallwink:

Don't forget your minotaur fetish. Midgets, beastiality and tentacles. Uhm, Fallen do you need to talk with someone? :smallbiggrin:

As a side note, I just noticed Pifro is back up and I will be checking for any differences between the original and new versions of Veldryn's sheet.

After checking them over, besides a few grammar errors and the purchases I made for this match they are the same. Now the question becomes, which link do the Refs wish to use for him?
Either way, I will be keeping the new one as a back-up in case of site failure again.

TheFallenOne
2010-09-11, 11:30 AM
as if I could afford to build a commoner with fetishes in mind :smallbiggrin: it's not MY fault the most efficient commoner build I could come up with has some dire implications
Which doesn't mean I don't enjoy lampshading those implications

that with pifro is good news, I'm not sure if we had any matches on hold because of that, let me take a look

\/ gods, I had a good laugh at this :smallbiggrin: and I mean it, not the usual 'lol' when you mildly grin
no new post to not clutter up the thread in OOC talk

RandomAction
2010-09-11, 11:37 AM
I build the most efficient commoner I could come up with some dire implications

This is all I heard in that statement. :smallbiggrin:

Well at least you didn't go Factotum, then he would intelligently know where to place those tentacles.........:smalleek:

Fallen - I hear ya! I am trying not to cross any lines with language use or direction of intended thought and I hope that I am not offensive, verbally, to anyone in general.

No play holding here, continue on.
@Kyeudo
Actually in my opinion, your character is the most dangerous on your team. Please take it as a compliment when I say that I/we focused on you first out of fear of your DR. My original plan was to let my partner try and hit you with a Seeking Ray.
I know I just got lucky with the crit and in a stand up fight between our two characters, I know you would win 2 out of every 3 matches.

Kyeudo
2010-09-11, 12:34 PM
@Random

I bought time. Perhaps that will still be enough to gain us a win. :smallamused:

Cadian 9th
2010-09-11, 07:15 PM
I'm done, straight after I told Kueydo what Entangling Exhalation would do. It's candycorn's go.

@Kueydo

Ah, unlucky. Good Char, tho. I like it alot.

candycorn
2010-09-11, 07:24 PM
Turn order, unless a ready action changed it:

Blue
Veldryn
Anisimovna
Lyir

That, sadly, makes it veldryn's turn, I believe.

RandomAction
2010-09-11, 10:27 PM
I will admit enjoying things if we all somehow make it to the finals. What a brawl that would be, eh?

Veldryn,R-4:
Refs/LoS:
Move to Q-13.
Drop Ripper - free.
Pick up Longbow only - move.
Reload Longbow - free.
Speak loud enough for partner to hear - free.
"Save scroll. Come to top hiding with ranged weapon if possible."

End turn.

Stats:Location: Q-13
Animalistic Power 7/10
Darkness 20' radius 98/100
Mirror Image (?images) 9/10
Spells:
3/3/1(-1)
-Buffed-

Sallera
2010-09-12, 12:25 PM

Veldryn:Blue is in S14. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Anisimovna:You lose LoS to Veldryn as he leaves O14 to the northeast. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Blue:Veldryn is in Q13, with two images, and says "Save scroll. Come to top hiding with ranged weapon if possible." Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

candycorn
2010-09-12, 04:55 PM
Anisimovna

My turn:Cast Expeditious Retreat.

Move (half speed): to K15
Swift Move (half speed): to O12

Hide:[roll0]

Done.

Stats:Location: O12
AC: 25 (Touch 22, FF 20) -(+5 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Armor, +3 Profane, +2 Terrain)
Spells Memorized:
Mage Hand, Mage Hand, Mage Hand, Mage Hand, Mage Hand

Effects Active: Mage Armor 4/600, Law Devotion 4/10 (AC), Travel Devotion 3/10, Resist Energy (Fire) 3/100, Investiture of the Spined Devil 2/20, Expeditious Retreat 1/20

Cadian 9th
2010-09-12, 06:59 PM
Blue, Round 5

Refs/LoS

Move to O14.

Hides [roll0]
(-5 for moving?)

Free:" Yeah, okay - Done... What else? "

Waiting on Blindsense or whatnot.

Waiting on new LoS/response

RandomAction
2010-09-13, 08:17 PM
Well while we're waiting.

@Refs/LoS
I was thinking about precedents here lately. Would a 10 word limit on free action out-of-turn speaking be too much or too little?

As a free action speak to partner -
"Hide and shoot. Catch flat-footed."

Sallera
2010-09-13, 08:58 PM

Veldryn:Blue is in S14. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

The limitation we were discussing was one back-and-forth per round, with no particular word limit; hasn't been put into place yet, though.

Anisimovna:You see Veldryn in Q13, with two images, wielding longbow, with a ripper at his feet, as you enter L15. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE. You may revise your turn from this point.

Blue:Veldryn is in Q13, with two images. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Rewind to Anisimovna's turn.

candycorn
2010-09-13, 09:21 PM
Anisimovna, redux:Well, there's magic darkness between me and Veldryn, and I have a hide check he can't touch. I've got concealment from him, so there's no way he could see me, and, to be honest, I was expecting to see him.

No change to my turn.

Sallera
2010-09-13, 09:31 PM

Anisimovna:Veldryn is in Q13. Blue moves from S14 to Q14, holding a scroll. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Blue:Veldryn is in Q13, with two images. When you reach O14, you sense a presence in O12. You may revise your turn from this point. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Still Blue's turn.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-13, 09:58 PM
Blue, Some Revision

(Sorry it took me a while, I had an exam)

Refs/LoS:

Say to Veldryn: " O12. Right there. "

Standard: Ready Action:

Move if candycorn moves or starts casting a spell, or if she moves beyond my LoS (or blindsense) or if she ends turn.

Done. Veldryn, you're up!

RandomAction
2010-09-13, 10:11 PM
Veldryn,R-5:
Refs/LoS:
Move to O-13. Going through P-14.
Defensively cast a spell into O-12 - standard.
Concentration check to avoid AoO- DC:16 - [roll0]
Color Spray, DC:14 Will or be Uncon/Blind/Stun for [roll1] rounds, then Blind/Stun for [roll2] rounds and Stunned for 1 round.

End turn.

Stats:Location: O-13
Animalistic Power 6/10
Darkness 20' radius 97/100
Mirror Image (?images) 8/10
Spells:
3/3(-1)/1(-1)
-Buffed-

Sallera
2010-09-13, 11:42 PM

Veldryn:Blue is in O14. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Anisimovna:Blue says "O12. Right there," then readies an action. Veldryn moves to P14->O13, then defensively casts a spell in your general direction. DC14 Will or unconscious for 8 rounds, blind/stunned for 2. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Blue:Veldryn is in O13, with two images. There is a presence in O12. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

candycorn
2010-09-13, 11:47 PM
Will: [roll0]

RandomAction
2010-09-13, 11:57 PM
Well that was close. :smallwink:

candycorn
2010-09-14, 12:10 AM
Anisimovna

Thankfully, Veldryn has no melee weapon in hand. No AoO's for you!

Refs:Free: Switch Law Devotion to attack.

Standard: Attack Veldryn! 3 shot simultaneous volley!

Attack 1: [roll0] vs Flat footed AC (+5 dex +1 size + 2 unseen +3 devotion)
Miss chance: [roll2] (as always, low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll3] (if either miss, it misses)

Attack 2: [roll4] vs Flat footed AC (+5 dex +1 size + 2 unseen +3 devotion)
Damage: [roll5]
Miss chance: [roll6] (as always, low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll7] (if either miss, it misses)

Attack 3: [roll8] vs Flat footed AC (+5 dex +1 size + 2 unseen +3 devotion)
Damage: [roll9]
Miss chance: [roll10] (as always, low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll11] (if either miss, it misses)

After that, I become visible in O12, sporting a bunch of shiny new spines.
Free: Allocate law devotion to AC.
Swift: Move North, breaking LOS as I leave S6 to the west.

Remainder of turn:Ending in V6.
Move: Move south to V8.
Hide: [roll12]
Move Silent: [roll13]

Done.

Stats: Location: V8, Hiding

Effects Active: Mage Armor 5/600, Law Devotion 5/10 (AC), Travel Devotion 4/10, Resist Energy (Fire) 4/100, Investiture of the Spined Devil 3/20, Expeditious Retreat 2/20

candycorn
2010-09-14, 12:11 AM
If I'm not mistaken, attack 1 and 2 drop Veldryn.

RandomAction
2010-09-14, 12:24 AM
Don't forget I have two images.

Images Checks:
1's are real me with precedent.

Attack #1 - [roll0]

Attack #2 - 2 images [roll1] or 1 image [roll2]

Attack #3 - 1 image: [roll3]

RandomAction
2010-09-14, 12:25 AM
So the first attack hits me and the other two aimed at my images. Feeling exposed here.....

The third attack misses due to the murky eyed so I still have 1 image. Not so bad now.

candycorn
2010-09-14, 12:25 AM
Attack 3 missed due to concealment.

Attack 1 got you for 7, and attack 2 got an image.

RandomAction
2010-09-14, 12:29 AM
Ok, 7 damage and 1 image. Starting to sweat now......

candycorn
2010-09-14, 01:02 AM
Me too, but I'd never have been able to do that without Kyeudo buying me a bit of time. Was expecting a bit more, but you did a more effective job of killing him than I thought you would.

Kyeudo
2010-09-14, 01:04 AM
Too be fair, Veldryn's raw damage output is higher than most. And he got a crit.

candycorn
2010-09-14, 01:13 AM
Too be fair, Veldryn's raw damage output is higher than most. And he got a crit.

Yeah, I figured he'd take 3 hits to drop you, and that, with your AC, that would likely take 4-5 rounds. 2-3 if the sorceror jumped in. After all, he should only have been getting 5-10 damage a hit on you, after DR.

The crit would explain it, though.

EDIT: Waiting to see if I triggered Cadian's ready action now, and if so, whether I'll need to modify any parts of my turn... then LOS, and on to the next turn...

Cadian 9th
2010-09-14, 02:26 AM
Yeah. When you move:

Refs/LoS:

Blue moves after Candycorn's char, To Q8.

Then

Blue's turn

Refs/LoS:

Moves to U6.

Standard: Ready action: Move if Candycorn makes a ranged attack, casts a spell or if candycorn moves beyond my los OR ends turn.

candycorn
2010-09-14, 02:39 AM
Not quite. Your turn would come next in a 2 person match. However, taking your ready action in a 3 person match sets your initiative count to just before mine... Which means that your partner now goes before you.

That means that veldryn acts after your readied action, then you, then me.

EDIT: Source:
Initiative Consequences of Readying

Your initiative result becomes the count on which you took the readied action. If you come to your next action and have not yet performed your readied action, you don’t get to take the readied action (though you can ready the same action again). If you take your readied action in the next round, before your regular turn comes up, your initiative count rises to that new point in the order of battle, and you do not get your regular action that round.

Now, you were 23, Veldryn was 16, and I was 15.
You readied an action on count 23, and took it during my turn.

New initiative changes to:
Veldryn: 16
Blue: 15(1)
Anisimovna: 15(2)

Cadian 9th
2010-09-14, 02:47 AM
You're right, sorry, I'm used to the 1v1/whole party on one ini thing. Veldryn's turn, Ignore the above turn.

RandomAction
2010-09-14, 07:42 AM
I believe this is a game breaking decision I have on my hands. Oh well, the worse thing that can happen is I fail, so.....

Veldryn,R-6:
Refs/LoS:
I am going to assume that I can attempt to hide with a 5' step. If not the forget the hide check.

Draw scroll - move.
5' step to O-12 while trying to hide - free.
Hide check: [roll0]
Ready an action.
Drop longbow and cast spell from scroll if I gain LoS/LoE to Anisimova. If this isn't possible then I wish to drop longbow sometime before the end of my turn.

End turn.

Stats:
Animalistic Power 5/10
Darkness 20' radius 96/100
Mirror Image (1 images) 7/10
Spells:
3/3(-1)/1(-1)
-Buffed-

candycorn
2010-09-14, 08:03 AM
Now, it's Blue's turn.

hustlertwo
2010-09-14, 08:25 AM
Random

You can't ready to drop the weapon and cast the spell. The only free action that can be done in conjunction with another readied action is 5 foot steppin'. You have to drop the bow on your turn if you wish to ready the spellcasting action.

RandomAction
2010-09-14, 09:03 AM
Doesn't pause play.

@Refs:Didn't know for sure, so thought to ask. I wish to add in the free action to drop the longbow into my turn as stated in the trigger in case I couldn't do both there.

hustlertwo
2010-09-14, 10:12 AM
That's fine, Random. Play on.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-14, 06:03 PM
Blue, R6

Refs/LoS:

Move: to U6
Say to partner: " Should I have a try? With the seeking scroll? "

RandomAction
2010-09-14, 07:21 PM
No pause in play.

@Refs/LoS:
Speak to Blue (be it a shout or whatever he can hear without difficulty) - "Save it. Full blast acid. Over-load resistance."

@Refs only:
With the Dispel spell, since she had 4 possible rounds to buff before we made contact, how may rolls do I make for the dispel check? 4, 1 or roll a bunch and go from there?
Good to know you can attempt to hide with a 5' step, was unsure about that one as well. Thanks!

Cadian 9th
2010-09-15, 01:01 AM
Blue, R6 Cont

Refs/LoS:

Sacrifice level 1 spell to breath acid at Anisimovna, breath weapon damage [roll0] reflex DC 15 half.

Done.

Stats:

Spells:
4/1

candycorn
2010-09-16, 02:17 AM
Waiting on LOS.

Sallera
2010-09-17, 10:49 AM
Refs:Spot for Veldryn: [roll0]

Veldryn:Blue is in U6. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

For the dispel, it's probably easiest to just have the refs roll the checks, but if you want to, you can just roll a bunch of them and we'll use them in order.

Anisimovna:Veldryn is in O12, with one image. Blue is in U6, and breathes acid at you for 9 damage, Reflex DC15 for half. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Blue:Veldryn is in O12, with one image. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

candycorn
2010-09-17, 12:58 PM
@refs:Reflex: [roll0] vs DC 15.
Regardless of pass/fail, my Resist Acid 10 will negate 9 damage. Just not gonna get complacent here.

Anisimovna

Refs:By my count, Veldryn's 55 feet away, with cover. Provided that is true:
Free: Law Devotion (Attack)
Standard attack! Volley from hiding!

Attack 1: [roll1] (+5 dex, +1 size, +3 profane, +2 unseen)
If Hit: [roll2]
Miss Chance: [roll3] (As always, low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll4] (If either miss, the attack misses)
Mirror Image: [roll5] 1 hits Veldryn

Attack 2: [roll6] (+5 dex, +1 size, +3 profane, +2 unseen)
If Hit: [roll7]
Miss Chance: [roll8] (As always, low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll9] (If either miss, the attack misses)
Mirror Image: [roll10] 1 hits Veldryn (ignore if a previous attack hit the image)

Attack 3: [roll11] (+5 dex, +1 size, +3 profane, +2 unseen)
If Hit: [roll12]
Miss Chance: [roll13] (As always, low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll14] (If either miss, the attack misses)
Mirror Image: [roll15] 1 hits Veldryn (ignore if a previous attack hit the image)

I should be against AC 18 for all attacks (10+4armor +4 cover), provided he doesn't see me (he'd need a 19+ roll to spot me, so my rolls are based on him not seeing me. If this is not the case, subtract 2 from all my attacks, and add his dex to AC).

Not done; need ref adjudication.

candycorn
2010-09-17, 01:07 PM
Using the 5-10 method, my current location is 55 feet from Veldryn in O12 (I'm in V8).

Path: O12(+20) >> Q12 (+10) = 15 feet (5-10)
Q12(+10) >> S10 (+10) = 15 feet (5-10)
S10(+10) >> U10 (+0) = 15 feet (5-10)
U10(+0) >> V8(+0) = 10 feet (5-5)

Total distance = 55 feet.
Provided this is correct, and Veldryn did not have LOS to me, and his Flat-Footed AC with cover is less than 23, then he was hit for 8 damage (check spoiler above, marked refs only. Attack 2 of the volley hit AC 23, beat the concealment, and beat the mirror image roll). After that, I will become visible in V8.

If the range is to be calculated differently, and I am out of range, then the attack will be void, as my declaration of the attack was contingent on my assessment of the distance.

RandomAction
2010-09-17, 01:28 PM
No play holding.

@Refs:
Seeing that Candycorn attacked me, my question is did she pass the spot check to see where I was hiding at? My hide roll was a 19 and with her -1 penalty to spot checks she would have to rolled a 20.

Sallera
2010-09-17, 01:37 PM
Veldryn:She didn't need to; you can't hide while being observed, and V8 has LoS to O13.

Correct. Veldryn loses his last image and takes 8 damage.

candycorn
2010-09-17, 01:41 PM
On top of the previous 7 damage, that should put Veldryn at -6 hp, then.

RandomAction
2010-09-17, 01:44 PM
@Refs:
I am in a area of darkness effect and the spell drescription states I have concealment while I am in the area of effect and with concealment I can hide.

Sallera
2010-09-17, 01:56 PM
Veldryn:"If people are observing you (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/hide.htm), even casually, you can’t hide." Cover or concealment is a requirement for hiding, yes, but it does not let you hide from someone that can already see you.

candycorn
2010-09-17, 02:31 PM
Is everything good to go?

EDIT: To be specific, I need to know if my action put Veldryn down before I continue my turn.

Post 113-118 show the first damage I made to Veldryn (7 damage) and post 135 shows the most recent (8 damage).

I didn't receive any information that Veldryn did something to heal during his turn, and I don't see anything letting him fight in the negatives...

RandomAction
2010-09-17, 02:51 PM
Final questions before I conceed defeat.
Refs:
Does she have cover or concealment standing in V-8 to allow her to be hiding? Drawing a line from my southeastern corner to her same corner gives no cover and no chance to hide.
Wouldn't her attack trigger my readied after the first spine?

Sallera
2010-09-17, 03:13 PM
Veldryn:Quite aside from the darkness you're standing in, you have to be able to draw a line from one corner of your square to all corners of their square, or they have cover. And it's a volley attack, so they happen simultaneously.

candycorn
2010-09-17, 09:19 PM
Defeat? Much like Kyeudo, you can still win, if your partner does. Sorry, but I had to prioritize you. You are much more likely to 1 shot me from better range.

Blue has a decent chance, but I mitigate his best attack pretty soundly via my purchases.

Kyeudo
2010-09-18, 12:16 AM
Lyir's ghost cheers from the afterlife!

Cadian 9th
2010-09-18, 03:58 AM
Defeat? Much like Kyeudo, you can still win, if your partner does. Sorry, but I had to prioritize you. You are much more likely to 1 shot me from better range.

Blue has a decent chance, but I mitigate his best attack pretty soundly via my purchases.

Yeah, I do. If I can roll 20s. Then again, I might. :smallwink:

candycorn
2010-09-18, 07:54 AM
Remainder of turn (valid provided I notice Veldryn collapse):

Free: Allocate Law Devotion to AC.
Swift: Move to R15.
Move: Move southeast, breaking LOS as I leave O18 to the west.

Remainder of movement:ending at I-16

Done.

Stats: Location: I-16

Effects Active: Mage Armor 6/600, Law Devotion 6/10 (AC), Travel Devotion 5/10, Resist Energy (Fire) 5/100, Investiture of the Spined Devil 4/20, Expeditious Retreat 3/20

Sallera
2010-09-20, 08:09 PM

Anisimovna:Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Blue:Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

I presume Veldryn is done questioning his incapacitation. Carry on.

candycorn
2010-09-20, 09:47 PM
For reference: It is currently Blue's turn.

RandomAction
2010-09-20, 09:48 PM
Oh yes, finished with the questions.

Veldryn attempts to use the Force from beyond!

Cadian 9th
2010-09-20, 10:05 PM
Blue, Round 7

Refs/LoS:

Move to T7

Ready Action:
Move if I ever sense another.

Done.

candycorn
2010-09-20, 11:06 PM
Anisimovna

Refs/LOS: Swift: Move to K15 (using higher altitude for cover)
Move to N12 (using higher altitude for cover).

MS: [roll1]
(moving at half speed -current speed is 60, each move action was 25 feet or less)

Turn not over; Need LOS.

Sallera
2010-09-20, 11:59 PM

Anisimovna:Blue is in T7. Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

Blue:Shadowy illumination in a 20ft radius centred on Q13/SE.

candycorn
2010-09-21, 05:48 AM
Refs/LOS:Ok, no cover or concealment...

Shift Law Devotion to attack.
Standard: Volley Shoot (Investiture) at Blue if he attempts to: take a standard action
leave LOS
move to a location that would grant him concealment or cover from me
move to a location that is more than 60 feet from me, or
End Turn

Done.

Stats:Location: N12
AC: 20 (Touch 17, FF 15) -(+5 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Armor)

Effects Active: Mage Armor 7/600, Law Devotion 7/10 (AC), Travel Devotion 6/10, Resist Energy (Fire) 6/100, Investiture of the Spined Devil 5/20, Expeditious Retreat 4/20

Cadian 9th
2010-09-22, 01:17 AM
Blue, Round 8

Refs/LoS:

I have the feeling I'm being stalked... TAKE COVER!

I will drop prone and double move to R9; Crawling as a move action.

Stats:

+4 vs ranged, -4 vs melee;
Spells:
4/1

candycorn
2010-09-22, 08:52 AM
When you attempt to end turn, you trigger my ready action.

Volley!

Attack 1: [roll0] vs AC 17 (Flat footed AC +4)

Attack 2: [roll2] vs AC 17 (Flat footed AC +4)
Damage: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4] vs AC 17 (Flat footed AC +4)

candycorn
2010-09-22, 09:02 AM
Anisimovna

Swift: Move to R10.

Volley:

Attack 1:[roll0] vs AC 20

Attack 2:[roll2] vs AC 20

Attack 3:[roll4] vs AC 20

Law to AC.
Move: South, out of LOS, as I leave P18 to the west.

Remainder:Ending in M18

Done.

Stats:Stats:Location: N12
AC: 20 (Touch 17, FF 15) -(+5 Dex, +1 Size, +4 Armor)

[s]Expeditious Retreat, Expeditious Retreat, Reduce Person, Ray of Clumsiness, Ray of Clumsiness

Effects Active: Mage Armor 8/600, Law Devotion 8/10 (AC), Travel Devotion 7/10, Resist Energy (Fire) 7/100, Investiture of the Spined Devil 6/20, Expeditious Retreat 5/20

candycorn
2010-09-22, 09:03 AM
So, a total of 10 damage in 6 attacks. Sigh.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-22, 05:32 PM
I'm afraid you'll find that you probably won't have LoS to me, But anyway. Yes, 10 damage indeed. Time for me to make a last ditch surge attack!

Reffage is needed. :smallsmile:

Sallera
2010-09-22, 07:41 PM
Aside from concealment rolls on the first volley for Anisimovna, as she appears to be firing through the darkness in Q10, what exactly is needed?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-22, 08:50 PM
Can Candycorn's character see me?

candycorn
2010-09-22, 10:22 PM
Concealment for volley attack 1: [roll0] low misses
Murky Eye: [roll1]

Concealment for volley attack 2: [roll2] low misses
Murky Eye: [roll3]

And yes, I could. I was hiding and watching you.

candycorn
2010-09-22, 10:25 PM
There's no LOS at the end of my most recent turn though.

When you were in T7, I moved into N12, all sneaky like, so I had LOS to you when you moved.

Sallera
2010-09-23, 03:32 PM
In case Blue's still waiting, yes, there is LoS between N12 and R9. No LoS after Anismovna's turn, of course; carry on.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-23, 05:59 PM
Blue Round 9

Okay, but I dropped prone, so. Yeah, I thought candy can't see me.

Refs/LoS:

Crawl Q10 and stand up.

Done.

Stats:

Hp: 8/18
Spells:
4/1

Sallera
2010-09-23, 06:04 PM
Being prone has no effect on LoS.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-23, 06:21 PM
Oh.

Candycorn's turn!

candycorn
2010-09-24, 07:40 AM
Anisimovna, Round 9
NOTE: At the end of my turn, you'll likely have LOS to me. I'm listing my location before attack; however, you still need to make spot checks to see me.

If you are still in the NW area at +10, and are not hiding, open this:Swift: Move to R16. (half speed) I have cover/concealment the whole time, and was not observed at the beginning of my move.

To see me, you must succeed on a spot check vs the above hide roll (+1 for every 10 feet between us).

Law Devotion to attack.
Volley Shot!

Attack 1: [roll2] (+2 more and vs flat footed if you do not spot me)
Concealment: [roll4] (Low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll5] (If either miss, attack misses)

Attack 2: [roll6] (+2 more and vs flat footed if you do not spot me)
Damage: [roll7]
Concealment: [roll8] (Low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll9] (If either miss, attack misses)

Attack 3: [roll10] (+2 more and vs flat footed if you do not spot me)
Damage: [roll11]
Concealment: [roll12] (Low misses)
Murky Eye: [roll13] (If either miss, attack misses)

Law Devotion to AC.
Move: Draw Crossbow.

candycorn
2010-09-24, 07:42 AM
Provided you didn't move too far, and didn't elect to hide, I believe Attack 2 makes you disabled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#disabled). You can't possibly make the spot DC, so you won't know where I'm at until after the attack. That means it's a 25 vs Flat footed AC.

EDIT:

@Refs: The attacks above are made on the assumption that I have LOS. If this is not the case, the initial swift move stands, but I'll amend the remainder of the action from that point.

Kyeudo
2010-09-24, 10:06 AM
I find it funny how it's Veldryn's darkness that is letting Anisimovna run circles around Blue. :smallbiggrin:

candycorn
2010-09-24, 10:14 AM
As soon as I saw the darkness, I smiled and made this huge comment about christmas coming early. Small creature with a 20 dex? Oh, I love me some hide. I almost threw down a reduce person to put me up to +16.

In fairness, Expeditious Retreat and Travel Devotion are playing a good part too.

I think he did it cause I'm murky eyed... but even then, I've got a better than average chance of hitting with a range attack... And I'm shooting 3 at a time.

RandomAction
2010-09-24, 08:43 PM
Yes I agree it was a minor mistake on my part, just trying to get some advantages against attackers. Though I figured the Darkness would end with my death, but anywho.

On the up side, we maybe out of this match but I have a feeling that we will meet again in a later round and by then I should have a surprise ready for your volley attacks.

On the down side, looking into the other match it seems like we all may see some combat in the next 2 weeks, sadly.

Side note: I just got a copy of the Rules Compendium and Fiendish Codex II, so I now may have a way to cause even more problems.

candycorn
2010-09-24, 09:38 PM
Well, I believe you're not quite dead yet... :)

You are unable to fight, but pouring a potion down someone's throat can heal them, right?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-24, 09:39 PM
Yes, I am in the area of darkness, so I read the spoiler. It looks like you missed me on every attack, on account of Total Concealment, am I right?

And Blue is, for some reason, one of the few characters that actually doesn't care about hiders. I think I'll be learning Darkness from now on/buyng a scroll of it/always teaming up with Veldryn :smallbiggrin:

All I have to do is stay in the darkness, I'll pinpoint you if you come in and I've got total concealment, even if you can see me, which, you can't, or did I miss Ebon Eyes?

I may be the weakest character here, but I'm still fighting.

candycorn
2010-09-24, 09:42 PM
The darkness doesn't grant total concealment. Total concealment is: Can't see you at all. The darkness grants concealment. 2 squares of it isn't like obscuring mist. It's still just concealment.

EDIT: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/darkness.htm

EDIT 2: Ebon eyes would get rid of the miss chance, true, which is a good thing.. But it's not absolutely essential.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-24, 09:53 PM
Ok, so I'm on 0 hp. I can still try :smallbiggrin:

Blue, One last Ditch Surge, Round 10.

Seeing Anisimovna, Blue rushes foward (well, to S12) and reads the scroll she has, firing a crackling seeking ray at him.

Attack vs Touch! [roll0] for [roll1] electric damage, ignoring concealment and cover!

After which she drops unconcious. Forum Roller, roll a 20, and I will venerate you as a god for the next 6 years. I'll sacrifice my pet goldfish too.

EDIT: That, Forum Roller, is not amusing.

Well played, Candycorn, Kueydo and Randomaction; Good game.

candycorn
2010-09-24, 09:56 PM
When you're disabled, you can make a move or standard action each turn, not both.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-24, 10:00 PM
:smallannoyed:

Okay, I'm sorry, I Forgot... I could have done that with a 5ft step anyway, since seeking ray has 30ft range. It still failed, so Good Game.

candycorn
2010-09-24, 10:14 PM
:smallannoyed:

Okay, I'm sorry, I Forgot... I could have done that with a 5ft step anyway, since seeking ray has 30ft range. It still failed, so Good Game.

You're at half speed when disabled, which means no 5 foot steps.

Cadian 9th
2010-09-24, 10:26 PM
Yeah, alright. So I won't 5ft step. I still get to attack you, I'm sure, and then it misses anyway. I don't see the problem here.

candycorn
2010-09-24, 10:28 PM
Well, it does mean you're still up. Only the standard action will get you.

Wait, where are you exactly before the step. Within 30?

Cadian 9th
2010-09-24, 11:07 PM
I'm at Q10, I crawled there to "hide" as in just be there, in the darkness. :smallsmile:

So I fire the ray at you, and I failed and died. It's okay; I don't fancy slugging it out much longer.

RandomAction
2010-09-24, 11:50 PM
Since the scroll has a Lvl 2 spell on it, you would need to make a caster level check to cast from it.

*Sniff* There goes my scroll. *Sniff*

Cadian 9th
2010-09-25, 04:53 AM
Oh cool!

Maybe your scroll will be saved!

CL check [roll0]

EDIT: DC 4? What? Sorry, Veldryn.

Sallera
2010-09-25, 12:31 PM
High Ref Sallera

Anisimovna and Lyir are victorious.