PDA

View Full Version : Consequences of clearing 360 system cashe

ScottishDragon
2010-09-01, 02:31 PM
Hey I want to remove all of my patches for games on my xbox 360 so I can do glitches in rdr and oblivion, but I want to know, will anything bad happen? I am pretty shure if I connect to xbox live again it will just let me download it all over again, but I want to make shure. I have other people reglarly use the xbox 360 and don't want them mad if I delete a bunch of their stuff. Besides removing all of my patches, does it do anything else?

Erloas
2010-09-01, 03:13 PM
The only obvious issue I see is that some games might not be able to load saved game data that was made when the patches were in place.

I don't play on the 360, and it doesn't seem to happen much, but it does happen on some PC games. Mostly if any of the patches have anything to do with how game files are saved (such as attempts to keep people from modifying saved games). Also if the patch adds anything that would be saved (not fix patches), such as a new area, item, or skill, and the game tries to load that data without the patch that added it, that would probably cause problems.