PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron] Conductor stones price

Cicciograna
2010-09-01, 04:35 PM
I cannot seem to find the price for a single Conductor stone, nor the other stats (weight, magic aura, etc). Where can I find these informations?

Terraoblivion
2010-09-01, 04:48 PM
Probably because it only has one purpose and is really only useful to a single customer, who has a standing order with the manufacturer. It is basically unsellable on the open market since the only place you can get it is stealing from an existing lightning rail line and the only customer is House Orien, who operate the lightning rail. You can't very well steal from someone and then expect the same people to buy what you stole.

Cicciograna
2010-09-01, 04:52 PM
Okay, so I deduce that there aren't at all the stats I need. Hmm, then some advice to come up with them?

Greenish
2010-09-01, 05:03 PM
Probably because it only has one purpose and is really only useful to a single customer, who has a standing order with the manufacturer. It is basically unsellable on the open market since the only place you can get it is stealing from an existing lightning rail line and the only customer is House Orien, who operate the lightning rail. You can't very well steal from someone and then expect the same people to buy what you stole.Lightning Rail is the most well-known application of Conductor Stones, but not the only one (ECS 271).

Terraoblivion
2010-09-01, 05:16 PM
Which seems to me to mean that it is what it is used for, unless the GM needs a fancy prop and a way to explain it away. Especially since these alternative uses are never mentioned anywhere else in the entire line of Eberron books.

Greenish
2010-09-01, 05:21 PM
Which seems to me to mean that it is what it is used for, unless the GM needs a fancy prop and a way to explain it away. Especially since these alternative uses are never mentioned anywhere else in the entire line of Eberron books.But it does mean that the stones aren't unsellable in principle.

Terraoblivion
2010-09-01, 05:56 PM
True, but it does mean that selling them is an ad hoc thing relying on the contingencies and need of the plot, more than anything else. Because the default assumption is that there isn't much in the way of a market for them, and their sale price depends on what other use for them that the GM creates.

So basically unless the GM says that he has created another use for them, they are unsellable. So i'd suggest that the op talks to his GM about what it would be worth, since that is the only person who can really decide. Either that or if he is the GM himself, come up with something he finds reasonable.

Marnath
2010-09-01, 06:28 PM
I coulda sworn there was a sidebar is five nations of the players guide to eberron that had the stats. They're wondrous items, I'm sure of it.

Cicciograna
2010-09-02, 05:27 AM
I coulda sworn there was a sidebar is five nations of the players guide to eberron that had the stats. They're wondrous items, I'm sure of it.
No luck for me: I checked the entire book, but there's no trace of such information.