PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy, Fairy Tale Game

Captainocaptain
2010-09-01, 04:42 PM
I'm writing a really simple game based on a world entirely composed of Fairy Tales and Fantasy cliches. The characters will basically go to a "Quest Board" with different quests they can do. What are some good quick quests that I can put on the board?
So far I have:
Bear Attack Goldy Locks
"I was attacked in the forest by three vicious bears, someone please go into the forest and kill them. I will pay for each bear pelt brought back!"
Lost Princess Not-a-Dragon
"Someone has kidnapped my princess, I believe the culprit is the knight by the name Sir Whiteblade. Bring the princess and the head of the knight to the cave at the edge of town for a reward of your pick of 1 item from a dragon's hoard."

EDIT: the quests dont even need to really have a point or be an actual quest, it just needs to sound like a quest and relate to a Fantasy cliche or fairy tale

Temotei
2010-09-01, 04:46 PM
Grandma's Teeth! Red
"My grandmother was eaten by a wolf! Save her, please! Or, at least kill that wolf! You can have anything in my basket of goodies!"

Dust
2010-09-01, 04:50 PM
Humpty-Dumpty can't be put back together again, at least not without the special glue from the witch in the forest. It's said she lives in a hut that stands on chicken legs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga).

The London Bridge is falling down. And the PCs are on it.

And for a longer quest:
The militaristic Duke of York is waging war against old King Cole, who is a fat and jolly sort who likes only to listen to his fiddlers and eat pies. The PCs must make peace between these two very different leaders.

Temotei
2010-09-01, 04:55 PM
Looking Good Enough to Eat Gretel
"Hansel, my brother, has been taken by an evil woman who wants to eat him! I would do it myself, but...well, her food was too good to resist. Anyway, you can have the witch's house if you defeat her."

Brick House Three Awakened Pigs
"That annoying wolf keeps waking us up with his huffing and puffing, trying to blow our house down. Solve the problem any way you can, as we can't deal with someone that wants to eat us. Reward: Animated piles of sticks and straw."