PDA

View Full Version : Headache inducing class choices

Window459
2010-09-01, 05:51 PM
I'm trying to figure out what I want to play for my friends up coming Pathfinder campaign. The campaign takes place in a "Ravenloft" esk setting, where an evil tyrannical woman has created an empire on the basis that good and arcane magic only leads to corruption. So I've been racking my brain over what to play since its only going to have a 3 man group most likely and one guy always goes melee, even thou have the time I have to help him pick feats :/. So Ive mostly narrowed it down to 2 or 3 choices they are 1) playing a Paladin of Freedom taking the Mystic Fire Knight lvls from Champion of Valor, 2) going Fighter/cleric and going into Knight of the Raven ASAP or going Fighter Favored Soul then going Knight of the Raven. Any and all advice appreciated, were allowed to use all the completes and both tome of battle and tome of magic, any thing else requires DM approval before hand, thanks a head of time for the advice.

Keld Denar
2010-09-01, 06:01 PM
You could do a Pally/Crusader/RKV. The Stern Lady generally disapproves of anyone ELSE messin with the natural order of magic. You get good synergy between the Battle Blessing feat (CChampion) and RKV's Divine Impetus ability.

I'd suggest Pally4/Crusader1/RKV10/Pally+2/Crusader+3. This gets you 4th level Pally spells (zomg Favor of the Martyr), and a few lower level Pally spells that are decent (such as Rhino's Rush, Knight's Move, and Righteous Fury, all in SpC). Get a handful of Pearls of Power to give yourself more "per day" oomph. A couple Devotion feats (Law and maybe Knowledge) would be pretty awesome. Slap the whole thing on a 2handed weapon with Power Attack and you've got a righteous buttkicking waiting to happen!

Just a thought.

Window459
2010-09-01, 06:26 PM
You could do a Pally/Crusader/RKV. The Stern Lady generally disapproves of anyone ELSE messin with the natural order of magic. You get good synergy between the Battle Blessing feat (CChampion) and RKV's Divine Impetus ability.

I'd suggest Pally4/Crusader1/RKV10/Pally+2/Crusader+3. This gets you 4th level Pally spells (zomg Favor of the Martyr), and a few lower level Pally spells that are decent (such as Rhino's Rush, Knight's Move, and Righteous Fury, all in SpC). Get a handful of Pearls of Power to give yourself more "per day" oomph. A couple Devotion feats (Law and maybe Knowledge) would be pretty awesome. Slap the whole thing on a 2handed weapon with Power Attack and you've got a righteous buttkicking waiting to happen!

Just a thought.

She just disapproves of Arcane Magic, shes not stupid enough to try and destroy all religion, she has pretty much destroyed any religion that was based around magic, such as Mystra and Boccob,

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-01, 06:39 PM
Doesn't Favored soul has 3/4 BAB progression? a favored soul 6/Knight of the Raven might be a good option
If not I second the pally/Crusader/RKV build.

Window459
2010-09-01, 06:42 PM
Doesn't Favored soul has 3/4 BAB progression? a favored soul 6/Knight of the Raven might be a good option
If not I second the pally/Crusader/RKV build.

It does have 3/4 BAB, was only going to take a lvl in fighter for the free feat and the heavy armor prof.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-01, 07:10 PM
It does have 3/4 BAB, was only going to take a lvl in fighter for the free feat and the heavy armor prof.

I say a dip in fighter is not worth it, you delay your spell progression level for what IMO is minimal gain. I say a FS6/KotR 10/ something X is a great option

Window459
2010-09-02, 01:56 AM
I was reading thru my books and suddenly thought maybe taking a lvl or two in crusader and going favored soul into Knight of the Raven, getting some of the White Raven maneuvers for a bit of flavor.