PDA

View Full Version : Elaborate Assassination

Kyrthain
2010-09-01, 05:55 PM
I was reading the thread on subtly poisoning someone at a party, and came up with an elaborate method of doing so: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9271483&postcount=22

This got me thinking on elaborate plots. How you you elaborately eliminate an opponent at a party? Alternatively, share some elaborate schemes you've used in the course of your RPing career

Zhalath
2010-09-01, 06:45 PM
I had an NPC spy assassinate a PC target at the party the target was throwing for a bunch of wizards.

1. Disguise self as waiter.
2. Spike punch with Int-damage poison (it was homebrew)
3. Cast silence all over the ballroom.
4. Have associate with Silent Spell cast summon monster spells.
5. While crowd panics, stab target with wounding dagger.

The PCs foiled him at Step 5, and a chase broke out. In the end, the NPC spy cast a lightning bolt at the target when he fell into a swimming pool.

fryplink
2010-09-01, 08:13 PM
We never worked that subtley, there was a party. We needed the host dead before the party ended. So we boarded up the doors and used attacks that would destroy the country manor. All the staff were at the party. Only three guests were outside (they vanished into our portable holes to arise again as wights after negative level deaths). The manor collapsed killing everyone inside.

There was one assassination that involved sneaking into the opponents base at level 1. Disguise self to a guard patrol, some silent images of the surrounding terrain to hide our approach and we managed to get to the tented area of the camp. Prestidigitation on a piece of paper mage handed over to a tent nearby to set it aflame. It was dusk

Everyone goes running, the target is being moved from his tent to the secure campfire area. We knew they didn't light the fire until the sun fully set unless something happened. surrounded by guards, right where we wanted him. We had known where they were going to be (they camped there after every retreat, reusing the fire ring even). We buried explosives the night before they set up camp under the fire ring. We made the distraction to get them to move the target into the campfire area where guards could see him. Naturally they use magic to start a roaring fire to light the camp circle.

Mission success.