PDA

View Full Version : Dire Template

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-01, 07:01 PM
For now this goes here as I'm not asking to make one, but my question is this: Is their an SRD Dire Template? I've looked everywhere I can think of, but nowhere have I been able to find one.

LOTRfan
2010-09-01, 07:09 PM
Well, no, there isn't a Dire Template. If you need a Dire Animal, I'd just increase it a size or two, and the Hit Dice would be two or three above the maximum written in the stat block.

Cieyrin
2010-09-01, 07:14 PM
The Tome of Horrors from Necromancer Games has a template. It's 3rd party but that's as good as it'll get, really. You can find it here: http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/ToHDire.pdf

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-01, 07:16 PM
Well, no, there isn't a Dire Template. If you need a Dire Animal, I'd just increase it a size or two, and the Hit Dice would be two or three above the maximum written in the stat block.

You forgot that Dire animals usually have all good saves

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-01, 07:16 PM
The Tome of Horrors from Necromancer Games has a template. It's 3rd party but that's as good as it'll get, really. You can find it here: http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/ToHDire.pdf

That doesn't have really gory stuff in it does it? If not, judging from the first page (ha!) it looks good.

Cieyrin
2010-09-01, 07:18 PM
That doesn't have really gory stuff in it does it? If not, judging from the first page (ha!) it looks good.

The template is on page 12. The earlier bits are example animals, basically, so you don't have to do the work yourself. The lack of Dire Moose stats was certainly a crime before this product, I must say. :smallbiggrin:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-01, 07:22 PM
The template is on page 12. The earlier bits are example animals, basically, so you don't have to do the work yourself. The lack of Dire Moose stats was certainly a crime before this product, I must say. :smallbiggrin:

Their's a Dire Moose on Page 7. Anyway, this looks good, thanls :smallbiggrin:

Eldariel
2010-09-01, 08:07 PM

It goes about as follows:
- Size increases by 1 category for groundbound creatures and by 4 for avians, to maximum of Large.
- Stat adjustments...are obvious (from any Dire animal). Don't forget size adjustments.
- Yeah, good Will-saves.

That's about it. This will get you the SRD Dire animals based off the SRD Normal animals.

flabort
2010-09-01, 08:07 PM
that just got bookmarked. dire hippo? yes, please!

Kaww
2010-09-02, 01:22 AM

I thank you sir.

Cieyrin
2010-09-02, 02:17 PM
that just got bookmarked. dire hippo? yes, please!

There's official Dire Hippo stats in Sandstorm as well, if you're curious how they compare.

I thank you sir.

Hey, np.

Greenish
2010-09-02, 02:20 PM
There's official Dire Hippo stats in Sandstorm as well, if you're curious how they compare.Oh Tem-et-Nu, we shall be eternally grateful for your gifts!

Keld Denar
2010-09-02, 02:23 PM
My DM threw Dire Ticks at us once. Those suckers are scary. Swarm tactics Con damage makes everyone sad...

Cieyrin
2010-09-02, 04:22 PM
Oh Tem-et-Nu, we shall be eternally grateful for your gifts!

The Blessed of is definitely one of my favorite feats ever. Now, if the PRC was actually decent. One of these days, I'll finally getting around to remaking it so that it includes support for Blessed and you can lead a Hippo army to victory! Hippo General, you'll be realized someday!