PDA

View Full Version : Shores of Hazeron

xp194
2010-09-01, 09:17 PM
So, I found This. (http://www.hazeron.com/)

As far as I can tell, it looks a bit like it's Minecraft IN SPACE!

Except that we as a group could run cities and empires and design spaceships and ooohhh it looks like it's free!

Anyone interested in playing this?

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 04:13 AM
Hmm. Looks interesting.

xp194
2010-09-02, 05:45 AM
I'm willing to start an Empire if people are interested. We've got a few choices, in terms of governance and Race...

Governments here. (http://www.hazeron.com/government.html)

Also, I can set custom titles for various positions. So I could the Lord Supreme xp194 or Grand Duck Master or something, for example.

This game has a lot of choice, apparently.

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 05:50 AM
Downloaded it. I just need to have a look around, get familiar with the game.

So yeah, go ahead with the empire. Not fussed with the government type, but I suppose Democracy or Republic would be best.

xp194
2010-09-02, 09:13 AM
Okay, going for a Democracy because voting and all, and if I stuff up you guys can depose me or whatever.

Thinking I'll go for a dragony race because humans are kinda boring and I think Wings might give us extra powers or something. Possibly.

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 09:14 AM
Okay, going for a Democracy because voting and all, and if I stuff up you guys can depose me or whatever.

Thinking I'll go for a dragony race because humans are kinda boring and I think Wings might give us extra powers or something. Possibly.

Cool. By the way, you got any experience with this before?

xp194
2010-09-02, 09:21 AM
Cool. By the way, you got any experience with this before?

Nope. This is going to be totally blind, although I've spent a while reading the wiki and manual.

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 09:22 AM
Nope. This is going to be totally blind, although I've spent a while reading the wiki and manual.

No experience here either. Except for if it's like Minecraft. That, I do have experience with.

xp194
2010-09-02, 09:28 AM
Ok, this is what the Playgroundia Empire Race looks like at present.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm442/xp194/dragoncharacter.jpg

I'm thinking of beefing up the front limbs a bit, and then giving it a blugeon contact attack so's we can maybe defend ourselves against the homeplanet creatures. What do you think?

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 09:30 AM
Ok, this is what the Playgroundia Empire Race looks like at present.

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm442/xp194/dragoncharacter.jpg

I'm thinking of beefing up the front limbs a bit, and then giving it a blugeon contact attack so's we can maybe defend ourselves against the homeplanet creatures. What do you think?

So we going quadrupedal? Maybe do something with the tail.

xp194
2010-09-02, 09:33 AM
Sadly, I don't think much more can be done with the tail. The front limbs count as arms, so maybe they'll work.

If all else fails, I can just reroll, I guess.

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 09:34 AM
Sadly, I don't think much more can be done with the tail. The front limbs count as arms, so maybe they'll work.

If all else fails, I can just reroll, I guess.

Ah, so a bit gorilla-like then. Cool.

And yeah, we could always just start again.

xp194
2010-09-02, 09:38 AM
Ack. It's Playgroundian. Don't join the Playgroundia empire because that was a failed test one.

So, waiting to log in... will set up a town ASAP.

If you want to join, I'll have to accept the request, so's you know.

Okay... apparently there's been server problems for several days... this may take a while.

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 09:50 AM
Ack. It's Playgroundian. Don't join the Playgroundia empire because that was a failed test one.

So, waiting to log in... will set up a town ASAP.

If you want to join, I'll have to accept the request, so's you know.

Okay... apparently there's been server problems for several days... this may take a while.

So it's all ready now?

xp194
2010-09-02, 10:22 AM
So it's all ready now?

Not really. Connection timed out, and I may have lost the name. :smallsigh:

At least I saved the race data, so when the servers are working again, I'll just load that and give it a new name

xp194
2010-09-02, 02:08 PM
Quick update, Servers should be up within the hour according to the site. We can start our conquest of our planet, brothers/sisters!

Volthawk
2010-09-02, 02:21 PM
Quick update, Servers should be up within the hour according to the site. We can start our conquest of our planet, brothers/sisters!

Cool. Then we'll finally get to see how this thing plays!

xp194
2010-09-02, 03:03 PM
Annndd as far as I can tell, the server was up for a grand total of a few minutes before dying again.

This is getting abit annoying.

Volthawk
2010-09-03, 01:57 PM
Tried to join, but it failed as the empire has no cities yet.

xp194
2010-09-03, 06:25 PM
So, empire is made as The Playground, although you guys can't join yet. I need to make a city and then town hall or something first.

That's the good news.

Bad news? I've met some of the local wildlife.

they're pretty... big.

I may try and grab a screeny later

xp194
2010-09-03, 06:44 PM
One of the examples of Alien Life on our world

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm442/xp194/soyeh.jpg

:smalleek:

Also, I managed to accidentally kill the tutorial guy. This is a great start.

Aragehaor
2010-09-03, 06:56 PM
Holy hell this looks awesome and makes you awesome by finding it.

(Less awed response of how awesome the game seems below)

One of the examples of Alien Life on our world

http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm442/xp194/soyeh.jpg

:smalleek:

Also, I managed to accidentally kill the tutorial guy. This is a great start.

Two things:
1: Arargh.

2: How did you manage to "Accidentally" kill him? :smalltongue:

xp194
2010-09-03, 06:58 PM
Two things:
1: Arargh.

2: How did you manage to "Accidentally" kill him? :smalltongue:

1. And that's not the biggest/ugliest one I've found so far.

2. Well... accidentally? he said he had dropped a torch but I couldn't see it so I hit him and blegh.

Volthawk
2010-09-04, 04:18 AM
1. And that's not the biggest/ugliest one I've found so far.

2. Well... accidentally? he said he had dropped a torch but I couldn't see it so I hit him and blegh.

...right. Any way of fixing that?

xp194
2010-09-04, 05:05 AM
...right. Any way of fixing that?

Ummm blundering on in the game blindly and hoping I don't die, pretty much.

Annoyingly the servers died just as I had the materials to start a city. But at least I was able to get on for like, 10 minutes.

AgentPaper
2010-09-04, 09:06 AM
Sounds interesting. I'll be giving it a try.

Edit: Hm, is the server down again? It just times out when I try to log in. Or is there a patch I need to install? Their website is hard to navigate, so it's hard to tell. I just downloaded the windows install, and then something that looked like a patch below it.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-04, 01:48 PM
So, I found As far as I can tell, it looks a bit like it's Minecraft IN SPACE!

I swear, on a stack of holy bibles (or whatever it is), that I literally [URL="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squee"]squee'd (http://www.hazeron.com/)for a whole minuite. Checking it out now.

EDIT: Hmm, I hope the server is down, because I can't log in.

xp194
2010-09-04, 02:08 PM
Sounds interesting. I'll be giving it a try.

Edit: Hm, is the server down again? It just times out when I try to log in. Or is there a patch I need to install? Their website is hard to navigate, so it's hard to tell. I just downloaded the windows install, and then something that looked like a patch below it.

They've been having server problems for a few days now. Apparently, they were updating the netcode or something and they're still ironing out problems.

AgentPaper
2010-09-04, 05:02 PM
Servers are up. I'm trying to play, but none of the empires have cities. Gar.

Bunny of Faith
2010-09-04, 05:26 PM

If you can find one that actually has any cities before the Playground one gets up and running, post it here! :smalltongue:

AgentPaper
2010-09-04, 05:29 PM
If you can find one that actually has any cities before the Playground one gets up and running, post it here! :smalltongue:

Eh, tried to make my own empire just to see if I could fool around a bit with it instead, waited for 10 minutes while it was trying to connect, and gave up. Now I'm going to bed. Good luck with getting everything runnin, xp. Hopefully things will be more stable by the time I wake up. :smalltongue:

xp194
2010-09-04, 06:15 PM

Ah, that means the servers aren't quite up. They all have cities on the list... just things still aren't working right.

AgentPaper
2010-09-05, 02:12 AM
Ah, that means the servers aren't quite up. They all have cities on the list... just things still aren't working right.

Well there's apparently 6 people online, and I'm still getting the same error.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-05, 04:40 AM
The game crashes when I try to join an empire, so I'm making my own for now.

EDIT: Nope, I crash after the first screen, where you choose the titles.

EDIT 2: I'm going to try it on my desktop, as opposed to my laptop. Wish me luck!

EDIT 3: OK, so I got in, set up my empire, designed my species, made myself, and now I'm stuck on 'Logging into Server'. Does that mean that the server is down?

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-05, 01:34 PM
Server Status
New Server Architecture
Nasty Server Crash Bug Fixed
Actively Monitoring Servers For Lingering Issues
We Might Be Out Of The Woods On This One
Thanks For Enduring The Past Few Days; It's Been Hell At This End
Now We Can Get Back To Work On The Fun Stuff!

YES!!! WOOHOO!!! I can finally start!

Volthawk
2010-09-05, 01:35 PM
YES!!! WOOHOO!!! I can finally start!

So it's working now? Cool.

xp194
2010-09-05, 01:54 PM
Right, I will get the empire set up ASAP. I think you can change alliegience of preexisting characters, so feel free to try the game out while I bumble around trying to make a flag.

AgentPaper
2010-09-05, 01:59 PM
Right, I will get the empire set up ASAP. I think you can change alliegience of preexisting characters, so feel free to try the game out while I bumble around trying to make a flag.

Right click the Foot-circle thing on the top of the forum, save image as. Seems like a good easy to get symbol for us.

xp194
2010-09-05, 02:04 PM
Right click the Foot-circle thing on the top of the forum, save image as. Seems like a good easy to get symbol for us.

Oh, I've done that.

I just need to craft said flag, then erect it to found our first city.

Then dodge wild monster attacks because doing so makes them notice me,

Volthawk
2010-09-05, 02:05 PM
Oh, I've done that.

I just need to craft said flag, then erect it to found our first city.

Then dodge wild monster attacks because doing so makes them notice me,

Well, just try to survive enough to get the flag up. Then the rest of us can come in, and save you. Hopefully.

xp194
2010-09-05, 02:07 PM
Well, just try to survive enough to get the flag up. Then the rest of us can come in, and save you. Hopefully.

You misunderstand. Right now, with no cities, they ignore me.

As soon as I put the flag up? I'm fair game for any carnivores/omnivores. And most of them are bigger than me.

Wish me luck... will try it in a bit/

Volthawk
2010-09-05, 02:08 PM
You misunderstand. Right now, with no cities, they ignore me.

As soon as I put the flag up? I'm fair game for any carnivores/omnivores. And most of them are bigger than me.

Wish me luck... will try it in a bit/

Can you make anything without putting the flag up first?

AgentPaper
2010-09-05, 02:16 PM
Still getting the "does not have cities" error for any of the empires I try. Well, the two I've tried so far. All of the ones on the list are supposed to have cities though, right?

Edit: Hm, tried to create an empire of my own (Theocracy of the Invisible Pink Unicorn) but it's also not working. So either the servers are still down/slow/buggy, or something is up on my end.

Edit: Edit: Got on, but it was very slow and laggy. Is it normally like that? Going to wait a bit to see if server stability improves.

xp194
2010-09-05, 02:33 PM
Can you make anything without putting the flag up first?

nope

Got on, but it was very slow and laggy. Is it normally like that? Going to wait a bit to see if server stability improves.

From what I can tell, it's never been the most smooth game. Supposedly the last server fiddlings were supposed to help that. I also think they're taking a lot of logs at the moment which may not be helping.

xp194
2010-09-05, 05:34 PM
We have a town! Whoo!

Will get infrastructure when I can reconnect

Edit: If any of you can get on, and join the empire, we need to mine for stone now, I think. check the manual

AgentPaper
2010-09-05, 05:51 PM
We have a town! Whoo!

Will get infrastructure when I can reconnect

Edit: If any of you can get on, and join the empire, we need to mine for stone now, I think. check the manual

What's the name of the empire? I'll see if I can join.

Drizvolta
2010-09-05, 06:00 PM
So... spaceships. This should be good.
I Lurve designing me some Spaceships.

xp194
2010-09-05, 06:28 PM
What's the name of the empire? I'll see if I can join.

"The Playground"

Drizvolta
2010-09-05, 09:00 PM
You need to set immigration to open, or you will find a distressing lack of citizens in your empire.

Aragehaor
2010-09-05, 09:13 PM
Blargh, i keep getting an AuSceneClient Error when i try to play.

xp194
2010-09-05, 09:25 PM
Okay, will do that Driz.

Citizens are arriving, only to starve to death.

Dammit, I forgot /farming/

Drizvolta
2010-09-05, 09:59 PM
Still can't join the glorious empire. Did you keep it off to make farms?

Volthawk
2010-09-06, 12:36 AM
I'll get on it after school, so in like 10 hours, I'll be on.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-06, 04:10 AM
I'm going to try to join now. Wish me luck.

Bunny of Faith
2010-09-06, 04:39 AM
I can join empires. I can't find The Playground though. :smallconfused:

xp194
2010-09-06, 05:24 AM
It's now open and I'm building famrs and stuff. Hope this works.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-06, 05:45 AM
OK, I will try

Avilan the Grey
2010-09-06, 05:58 AM
Nothing to say about the game as such, but every. single. time. I have looked at this topic my brain has called it "Shoes Of Hazeron". I wonder what my problem is today... :smallbiggrin:

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-06, 06:07 AM
Nope, I can't find it. It should be 'The Playground', right?

xp194
2010-09-06, 06:10 AM
I think I need to build a Capitol before it lets other players join.

That could take a while, it requires a /lot/ of stuff I don't have yet. :-/

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-06, 06:19 AM
Oh. Well, good luck then. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Ok, I got in and managed to build a town square before the lag became unbearable. I'm going to wait until more servers are up before trying again.

AgentPaper
2010-09-06, 07:32 AM
Right. I'll be joining Planepacked, then. Fistbeard Beardfist, go!

xp194
2010-09-06, 08:31 AM
Argh flying monsters why must you both fly and fight? I'm trying to build stuffs here!

AgentPaper
2010-09-06, 08:39 AM
Man I am so completely lost. The manual isn't much help. It tells me WHAT I can do, but not HOW to do it. I'm not even sure how to chat with people. Maybe I should just wait until the playground is available and let you guys teach me, heh.

xp194
2010-09-06, 08:47 AM
You talk by pressing F3, and then selecting the galatic range stuff, unless you want to do things privately. Once you can do that, you can pretty much just ask for help.

AgentPaper
2010-09-06, 09:43 AM
You talk by pressing F3, and then selecting the galatic range stuff, unless you want to do things privately. Once you can do that, you can pretty much just ask for help.

I think I tried that, but it didn't work. Might have just been lag I guess.

Volthawk
2010-09-06, 11:27 AM
OK, just started playing, just trying to get to grips with everything.

Yeah, I'm in, but I understand nothing.

xp194
2010-09-06, 11:44 AM
Let there be Light!

We have electricity!

I'm getting to work on the Capitol building now, guys. Should be soon.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-06, 12:25 PM
I left until the servers are all back, because of all the lag.

xp194
2010-09-07, 05:49 AM
We did manage to have someone joining the Empire... but they left due to complexity.

So it should work if you try to join now.

AgentPaper
2010-09-08, 06:39 PM
We did manage to have someone joining the Empire... but they left due to complexity.

So it should work if you try to join now.

What's the name of it? I can't find "The Playground" or "Playgrounders" on the list.

xp194
2010-09-08, 06:49 PM
It is The Playground.

AgentPaper
2010-09-08, 07:01 PM
It is The Playground.

Feared as much. It's still not on the list. Goes straight from The New Empire to The Proto Conclave. :smallfrown:

xp194
2010-09-08, 07:03 PM
*headdesk*

whelp, I've got no clue. Driz managed it. Ask him.

AgentPaper
2010-09-08, 07:07 PM
*headdesk*

Yeah pretty much. I tried following the manual, but it is just so hopelessly worthless. It says "Go to the spaceport. Zooming out might help you find it." Except it never even gives me the vaguest idea of what a spaceport looks like, or WHERE it might be. Even zoomed out to the top-down view, I can only see part of the city, and nothing in it screams "spaceport!" to me.

Then it says "If there's no ships at the spaceport, there might be some space. So go there."

...Yeah, REALLY helpful. Even the wiki for the game just points me at the manual. This game is actually harder to learn than Dwarf Fortress.

Edit: Tried making my own empire again. Figured out how to chat (I think) but then I got a BSOD. Hopefully this is not a common thing.

Edit: Edit: Another BSOD. I might try this again when you've got your empire up and running, but I'm definitely going to bring operation: fumble around with a new empire to a close. Most likely I'm just going to keep tabs on this game and wait for it to stop being and early early early pre-alpha beta of the Prototype of the Tech Demo of the real game.

Volthawk
2010-09-09, 12:27 AM
For some reason, you have to type it in manually.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-09, 01:17 PM
I typed in 'The Playground', and got a tiny fly thing.

Volthawk
2010-09-10, 06:16 PM
Is there some way to keep the starting square monster-free? Keep on getting killed trying while getting the hang of things...

xp194
2010-09-10, 09:46 PM
Sadly, not that I'm found.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-11, 05:23 AM
Is there some way to keep the starting square monster-free? Keep on getting killed trying while getting the hang of things...

The knife you have is pretty strong, and as long as you don't stray too far you can always get your stuff back when you're killed. Other than that, nope, sorry.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-19, 04:37 AM
*bump*

How's the empire going?

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-25, 08:07 AM
*bump 2*

Any luck? I might PM the OP.

xp194
2010-09-25, 09:13 AM
Oh god, why indigineous population!? WHY DO YOU ATTACK AND CREEP UP GOD YOU'RE WORSE THAN CREEPERS I SWEAR.

In other news, working on getting plastics and fabrics. Because apparently we /need/ those in our capitol building.

xp194
2010-09-25, 09:49 AM
And In other-other news, Capitol building is done! The empire should show up now, if I understand right... to both potential citizens... and raiders.

DwarvenExodus
2010-09-26, 02:50 AM
Yay! Trying to join now.

I have everything for my capitol too, but I am very shy and will wait a while before actually building it.

EDIT: :smallfrown: Still can't find it. Tried typing in 'The Playground', too.

xp194
2010-09-29, 08:53 PM
We've got like 5 citizens now! Welcome to The Playground!

Also, I've taken our first step into space. Currently sitting on the surface of a nearby planet wishing I'd packed more fuel... :smallsigh:

DwarvenExodus
2010-10-02, 10:47 AM
What is it called? Also, I already have my first star ships. I could help with the space exploration.

xp194
2010-10-02, 11:27 AM
Dunno what it's called. "Big rock in the sky that I slammed into at 15 km/s" work?

So now getting the infrastructure required to colonise BRITSTISIA15KM/S And then SPACESHIPS.

Amalith
2010-10-02, 12:42 PM
Ok, this game looks interesting (if buggy).

Downloading now. I'll try and join you guys when it finishes.

Edit: ok, maybe I'll try again later. I think the login server is down. Or something is at any rate.

DwarvenExodus
2010-10-02, 01:13 PM
How do I join? 'The Playground' isn't on the list of places?

DwarvenExodus
2010-10-02, 01:25 PM
Never mind. JOINING AT LAST!

EDIT: Can I get any building rights? I'm feeling rather bored.