PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone plans?

Christopher K.
2010-09-02, 01:05 PM
Recently, I received a text from Verizon saying that I had gone over my data usage on their 3G plan. So I called my grandmother, who pays the cell phone bill(yes, the same one who gave me my amazing van) and talked to her about it. We did some research, and wound up finding out that instead of the 100 megabyte limit I'd been told I had, I had a limit of only 25 megabytes. Any suggestions on a more suitable plan? (I'm not sure if I use my phone's web browser enough to go for the unlimited use plan, and I've been fine with texting and calls thus far.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-09-02, 02:19 PM
I've personally never used more than 30 or so megabytes a month (and the smallest plan my provider offers is 500 :mad:). But then I only ever use the internet on my phone for the map/gps thingy, to check my email, to download crosswords and once in a while for a youtube video.

If you don't use it much and only have it so you have access to a data plan when needed, I'd keep it at 25. The occasional over the limit fees will probably still cost you less than switching to an unlimited plan (if that's the only other plan they offer). Otherwise, depends whether Verizon offers smaller plans, like 100 or 250 megs.

Keld Denar
2010-09-02, 02:41 PM
I just called Verizon today (I had some other questions) and they told me that the $29.99 data plan was unlimited. Is this what you have? I wasn't under the impression that they had anything cheaper...

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-09-02, 11:57 PM
I'd say if you don't use the web and similar functions much, I'd say just drop the data plan all together and just go with a texting plan. I"m on ATT and I have more than enough texts to get me through a month for $5.