PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Daggerspell Mage -> Psion

Rowan Arquest
2010-09-02, 02:26 PM
I currently have a Rogue 1/ Kineticist 5, who will be taking his first level in Daggerspell Psion. I have realized that the first class ability, Daggercast has 2 parts to it, one of which is useless to a Scion, and another which is less useful for a Scion. The first allows you to cast spells while holding 2 daggers even if it has a somatic or material component. The second allows you to deliver a touch spell trough a dagger attack.

The first problem is that Psions don't have somatic gestures or material components. Obviously this is useless.

The second problem is the severe lack of touch abilities available to a Psion. I'll list them all: 1st lvl Crystal Shard(ranged), Dissipating Touch, Hammer. 2nd lvl -, 3rd lvl -, 4th lvl -, 5th lvl -, 6th lvl -, 7th -, 8th lvl -, 9th lvl -.
As you can see, not that many...

If there is already a fix made for this, and for Double Daggercast, for the latter reason, it would really help to know. If not, I'd like some help figuring it out.

Diarmuid
2010-09-02, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure what kind of "fix" you're looking for. Daggerspell Mage is intended to benefit...dun dun dun....Mages.

You trying to shoehorn a Psion into it isn't a problem with the class.

Keld Denar
2010-09-02, 02:46 PM
Complete Psionic has a few more metacreativity powers that are similar to Chrystal Shard, and it also has a couple of negative energy abilities like Stygian Ray etc.

You'd probably be better off in most regards with Slayer, in the SRD. Its full BAB, 9/10 manifesting, and gives you abilities are somewhat useful.

Urpriest
2010-09-02, 03:25 PM
Complete Psionic has a few more metacreativity powers that are similar to Chrystal Shard, and it also has a couple of negative energy abilities like Stygian Ray etc.

You'd probably be better off in most regards with Slayer, in the SRD. Its full BAB, 9/10 manifesting, and gives you abilities are somewhat useful.

Doesn't progress Sneak Attack though, which I assume is the intent.

Rowan Arquest
2010-09-02, 03:31 PM
The book even says that you can use a psionic progression for the class but seems to forget that some of the class features don't match up. So what I'm really looking for is just a way to change the description of the ability to match better with the psionics. One idea I have is that I can deliver an Energy "insert version here" Power with the dagger.