PDA

View Full Version : The Great War (IC)

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-02, 10:35 PM
You stand in a grand throne room, a mighty lord rests upon a seat of royal standard, with arms emblazoned with rubies, and a back of solid gold. Dozens of guards line the sides of the room, and there are doubtless many more hidden from you. The lord concludes.

I want you to kill a king. The king who lords over the hafling city of Zaul, he has been making troubling advancements lately, building up what appears to be an army. There will be a modest award of course, and we are willing to pay any expenses you might incur.

mootoall
2010-09-02, 10:57 PM
Note: Olindara speaks ridiculously quickly, so speaking will look something like this: "WellIsupposethisshouldn'tbetoomuchofaproblem.Justg etusnearhim,andI'msurewecanbegoodfriends!Noneedtow orry,he'llnotbeawhitofbother." Unless that's a problem for people to read.

goken04
2010-09-02, 11:35 PM
"Ghom likes a challenge." Ghom says matter-of-factly. "Ghom will help kill this halfling king." The mighty Half-Minotaur towers over most of the others in this expansive room.

fil kearney
2010-09-03, 01:31 AM
Nag rests perched comfortably between the half-breedl's horns, a floating crystal above the cleric's brow, shining silently with Blue's light. The coalesced sense of determination attempting to pick each syllable apart from the accelerated Fey's affirmations... Somewhere in the thick of that reply Ghom feels Nag's grip tightening on each horn, like they are falling very far, very fast-- Blue long ago left listening to her as a task to keep Nag occupied*.... while playing "crown ornament" of the warrior priest, The quiet spirit began focusing on the details of their next challenge...

*Blue turns silver when shooting lasers... he also turns silver when focusing on something Real intensely... this gets mixed up on occasion... To be specific, if he focuses too hard on something for too long.. he shoots it. That's actually HOW his lasers work.
So the REAL reason is because Blue shot Oli a total of FIVE times trying to decipher her speach over the course of a few days adventuring together... She and everyone else was convinced he was merely trying to kill her so she would be quiet. He finally assigned the task to Nag after Oli cornered the lantern late one night on guard duty... he's done his best to ignore her ever since... for both their sakes.

Ricky S
2010-09-03, 07:53 AM
Sera Talen

Sera fingers her bow nervously as she stands in the throne room. Unsure of where to look as she speaks she simply looks down instead,"I can assist in this task and I would be happy to provide my services in order to kill this halfling king. Is there any information we need to know?" She finishes her piece with an awkward bow before standing up straight again and looking to each of the members of the group.

Bulwer
2010-09-03, 10:30 AM
Thran looks at the noble unblinkingly. Humans and their ilk were too complicated. Politics were easy enough if you could guess what was going on, but the intentions of men were opaque. Did this man plan to abandon them to the wrath of the tiny halflings once the deed was done?

The little thing with wings chattered something. Tricksy things, tiny people were. Subtle. That's good against a king, especially one who's tiny himself. The other little thing, a human, had a bow of proper size. Not as solid as a falling rock, but still useful.

It would be a pleasure, though, to work for once with someone who could look him in the eye. The horned one betrayed no great intelligence, but he could be a valuable sword-brother. Thran spared no thought for the light floating above his head.

"I will do this task for you. Can you provide funds for potions, disguises? I can kill, but I cannot infiltrate a castle of men the size of my foot."

He said this, and in his mind, something clicked. Ambush.

"And bombs."

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-03, 05:14 PM
Yes, Yes, you all will do well. He mutters more to himself than anyone else. I am willing to provide a retainer of 3000 gold. You are looking for an easy way to get to the city are you not? Well, the quickest way would be the immediate transport that the wizard city could offer, I will give you the proper documents to get there, should you require it.

At this point I should probably give a basic idea of the world. You are currently in one of the great 5 human cities, situated along the coast of one of the major continents. To get to the halfling city you would have to cross a huge canyon, and an expansive jungle. This is still an option, though you'd have to fly for about 20km.

fil kearney
2010-09-03, 06:09 PM
Blue begins to look at it's assembled companions, trying to gauge the reaction of those around it... How much is ending the life of notable mortals worth? It was an interesting question-- as is WHY this particular mortal would want to eliminate the other? This isn't going to get either of them anywhere nicer when they leave the flesh, so it must have a more immediate gratification? How great is that pleasure really worth to this mortal? what about other mortals? Are others willing to pay to have this halfling killed as well? ... How would I go about even getting an answer to that question...?
Nag's attention promptly jars away from the stream of syllables as the eternal flow began feeding information into them about where this halfling is located* the archon's curiosity triggered a deep need in the shard... The ensuing wrestling match causes Ghom's hair to stand on end as Blue uses all it's limited corporeal strength to keep the crystal in place.

Feeling his hair sticking to the crystal prompts The Mighty to absently fiddle his hair while simultaneously thumping both Nag and Blue with the back of his hand to shut up... by now this is a well practiced reflex.
The priest is baffled by the seemingly unquenchable bloodlust this little archon possesses... best he can reckon, either the little light bulb is about to incinerate this human where he sits, or it has already got a fix on the halfling's location*... either way, now is not the time.

*During Blue's musing, he has unintentionally triggered a Know Direction SLA, targeting the home of the halfling king across the canyon. This always drives Nag into a dither... the crystal would love nothing more than to scurry at break-neck speed in the direction the spell compels them to follow.

mootoall
2010-09-03, 08:38 PM
"Well,ifwe'regoingtosneakintothecastle,whichwouldse emtobetheeasiestwaytodothis,Ithinkthatabagofholdin gforMr.Blueherewouldbeuseful,andIcouldsneakinwithh iminthere!Withtheothersallprovidingabitofadistract ion,itshouldbenoproblem!But,uh,dowehavetokillhim?C anwejustmakehim ... likeus?"

Ricky S
2010-09-03, 10:50 PM
Sera Talen

I agree do we have to kill him. I am not so keen on becoming friends with him but couldn't we just kidnap the halfling and bring him back here? Sera says finding more confidence as she grows slightly more comfortable in the throne room.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-03, 11:39 PM
The lord looks ponderously at you. Killing him would be most... advisable. Incapacitation however has some... possibility. And a bag of holding hmm, I believe your retainer should cover its cost. Now, if you have no more questions, it would be kind of you to leave.

Ricky S
2010-09-05, 07:10 AM
Sera Talen

Umm... yea of course. Sera stands awkwardly for a moment before walking out.

mootoall
2010-09-05, 11:04 AM
"Rightyouare!Timetogothen!Wherecanwegetthisteleport youofferedus?Itseemslikethefasterwegetthere,thefas terwecangetthisdone!"

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-05, 10:36 PM
The lord glances annoyed at the pixie, As I stated before the quickest way is to go north, to the wizard city of Aipoty, and get someone there to teleport you. We can provide the papers necessary to gain entrance.

Bulwer
2010-09-06, 07:12 PM
Thran grunts, then steps forward. "I can leave now for the wizard city. We will need papers for entrance and gold to hire two wagons and a wizard. Who should I speak to?"

Assuming a yes, I'll move this along.

Hours later, well-fed and prepared, the group reassembles at a tavern near the magistrate's offices. Two wagons await, one with large half-barrels bolted to the back as seats, and one smaller one with room for the smaller members of the assassination squad.

Thran swings a sack of food and drink into the back of the larger wagon and gestures for Ghom to join him. "Come, friend. We will speak of battle as we travel!"

Ricky S
2010-09-06, 07:49 PM
Sera Talen

Sera meets up with everyone at the tavern excited to be going on an adventure and relieved that she is out in the open once again. Hi everyone. Are we all ready? She says lightly while checking her own equipment. Well I seem to be... Ready that is. I am happy to be out of that throne room. It was somewhat suffocating. Sera climbs easily onto the wagon and takes a seat.

goken04
2010-09-06, 08:17 PM
"Great!" Ghom exclaims as he climbs into the larger wagon. "Ghom the Mighty enjoys much stories of war. Tell Ghom, comrade, what great struggles you have overcome of late."

mootoall
2010-09-06, 08:25 PM
"Teehee, Olindara says, joining the group after fluttering around the room, I'dsureliketohearallofyourstories!Minearen'tveryin terestingthough.Mostlysneakingaround,beingquiet."

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-06, 11:22 PM
Unless fil kearney wants to say anything specific I'll assume you all are traveling on the road to the Wizard's city, it is approximately a day's journey.

As you travel along the road you see a regular traffic of wagons and people on foot, as well as a few small hamlets. Your group attracts some strange looks, but no one does anything unusual.

The only thing out of the ordinary you encounter, is a group of 5 people, as well as 2 dinosaurs sitting by a large hydra corpse, with one of their mages roasting small bits of it to eat.

If you do nothing about this you continue on to Aipoty, and arrive at the reception area.

Ricky S
2010-09-07, 09:48 AM
Sera Talen

Sera notices the strange group collected around the hydra's corpse as she jolts along riding on the wagon. She feel's that something is not quite right about the group. Umm... We should stop. Something doesn't feel right about this group. She says quietly. Sera jumps off the wagon landing lightly and grips her bow tightly as she walks towards the group. Umm... Hello fellow adventurer's. Sera says loudly. What is happening here? Do you need any assistance?

Bulwer
2010-09-07, 10:42 AM
"... but by then his little hell-doggies were in pieces all over the floor!" Thran let loose a giant-sized guffaw, then turned to see why they were stopping.

The human with the bow was asking about the group who had apparently slain a hydra. If this went the wrong way, five people and their lizard-beasts would be formidable opponents.

Thran reacheS into his sack and comes out with a rock the size of a man's head, keeping it under the level of the walls of the wagon.

mootoall
2010-09-07, 03:56 PM
Olindara zooms straight over to the man who appears to be the leader of the group. She looks him deep in the eyes, and says "Hey,youlooknice.Willyoubemyfriend?"

If his reaction is hostile, cast Charm Person.

goken04
2010-09-07, 05:24 PM
Ghom chuckles deeply at Thran's story before turning his attention to the group along the side of the road.

"You've slain a Hydra." Ghom says as he steps from the wagon, hand over his morningstar. "Impressive. As Ghom's friend has made clear, if you need assistance, Ghom is here to give it."

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-08, 01:06 AM
The leader of the group responds with a second of hesitation, Sure, Sure I'll be your friend. As for you(Gohm)Any assistance you can provide would be helpful, as several members of our party our wounded from our battle. And as to what we were doing, we were journeying to the wizard city of Aipoty.

You notice among the group the leader, a human holy warrior of some kind, a human mage, a dwarf mage, and another half-minotaur, though he looks bigger than Ghom. There is also an elf in a cloak, shying away from the rest of the group. They also have with them two large reptiles.

mootoall
2010-09-08, 06:11 AM
"Ooooooh,sowhat'syourname?Myname'sOlindara.Where'dy ougetthehydra?"

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-08, 06:25 AM
Yes, um hello. My name is Balan. We're not entirely sure where this hyrda came, we were just going past and saw it coming from the plains, it doesn't really make much sense at all.

Ricky S
2010-09-08, 07:02 AM
Sera looks intently at the slain hydra before walking past the group. You said it came from over this way? I could track it. It may have a lair or something? Without waiting for a reply Sera begins looking for tracks. Realising that she can't just go off on her own, Sera looks back at the party, "Do you guys mind taking a slight detour?"

Survival Check for tracking [roll0]+10

Bulwer
2010-09-08, 07:48 AM
Thran shrugs and drops the rock back in its sack. Hydra hunting is fine sport, but there's no money in it unless you've got a reliable buyer for lizard heads.

He eyes the elf and the lizards suspiciously. This could be lots of different kinds of mischief, either right now or later, when it came down to blows, like it always did.

goken04
2010-09-08, 05:47 PM
"Who needs healing? Ghom will heal you in the name of Kord!" Ghom declares while pulling his holy symbol from his pack.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-08, 07:35 PM
I feel I should point out the reptiles/lizards are actually about the size of a large warhorse, and have two large horns.

The leader of the group says, Right, our mage needs a small amount of healing as does our uh, friend over there with the horns. As thanks for your help we can offer some hydra meat, if you'd care for it.

For Ricky S
You follow the trail of the hydra, and it leads to what appears to be a nest of some kind, there are no other hydras here.

mootoall
2010-09-08, 07:48 PM
"Whoopee,Imadeanewfriend," Olindara cries, flying swiftly into the air. She looks down upon the group, and thinks to herself, "Iwonderwhatkindofpeopletheyare..."

Let's cast some detect evil on these folks. Sounds like a plan, no? And for good measure, detect good, too.

Ricky S
2010-09-08, 08:10 PM
Sera stops at the nest and looks around a little puzzled as to why there was a hydra's nest so close to a path between cities. She searches for anything out of the ordinary but not for too long before returning to the group.

There doesn't appear to be anything there. There was just an empty nest and nothing much else. Should we return on our way? Sera is a little embarassed at stopping the party for seemingly nothing but does her best to hide it.

Search check.[roll0]+1. Edit: OMG what a roll! I couldn't find a barn door on a farmhouse with a roll like that.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-08, 10:17 PM
So I'm assuming Olindara is sweeping the whole area slowly, if she is then read the first spoiler, if just briefly checking read the second.

The dwarf, the leader, the mage, and the leader's reptile all detect as faintly good, the elf and the minotaur detect as faintly evil.
There are both good and evil presences, there seems to be more good than evil.

mootoall
2010-09-08, 10:36 PM
Olindara flies down and whispers in Ghorm's ear, "Idon'tlikethebigonewiththehorns,orthepointyears.Th ey'renotnice." She then flies happily back to the shoulder of the leader, and flutters by his shoulder. "Sowhat'syourname?" she asks.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-08, 11:00 PM
Right, as I said before my name is Balan. Gesturing to the lizard, This is my dinosaur, she is named Buttercup. My human friend over here is named Oxoble, and our dwarf is named Neckbeardicus. Our other mount is named Susy, the elf over there is named Rotum, and our minotaur friend is named Thog. What is your name, and what about your friends over there.

mootoall
2010-09-09, 11:51 AM
"Ooooh,whatprettynames!Myname'sOlindara,Mr.Hornsove rthereisnamedGhom,thebigoneisThran,theglowbugisnma edBlue,he'sreallyfunny,andthehumanisSera!There,Ith inkthat'severybody.Nagisheretoo,butyoudon'twanttom eetNag.Nagisn'tniceatall." She then flies over to the elf, and looks him(?) deep in the eyes. "Whyaren'tyouwithyourfriends?Theylookniceenough?"

Detect thoughts on the elf

Bulwer
2010-09-09, 01:28 PM
Thran continues to sit on his half-barrel in the cart. He had been hired to kill one man, and making friends and enemies beyond what's necessary is irrelevant.

Of course, if your party gets into trouble, you help. That's basic. These people, tiny as most of them are, have each others' backs. If they want to hunt hydras or socialize, it's not Thran's place to judge, only to pitch in with violence if it becomes necessary.

fil kearney
2010-09-09, 05:21 PM
The instant Sera engaged these strangers in conversation, Nag immediately begins scrolling through the list of times when they went out of their way to challenge ANY indication of aptitude or heroism they weren't directly responsible for ... the 4th time was when... then the 5th time... ah! the 6th time... grabbing individual strands of The priest's mane and braiding them anxiously as he continues to recall and catalog... the 12th time... then the 13th time...
Yet again, Ghom thumps the crystal as he absently untangles his hair.
Meanwhile, Blue's light silvered overhead as Oli mentioned him and Nag yet again to random strangers.
Realizing that this group could still be the stranger of the two, Blue quickly focuses on the obvious...
"So... that is a REALLY big dead thing. was it just laying here, or did you drag it yourselves?"
The talking ball of light trails off as the rest of his team started edging in, Recalling the reward for killing the halfling, Blue begins wondering if this was also something worth killing others over.
"Is that thing valuable?"

goken04
2010-09-09, 05:25 PM
"Ghom would much enjoy hydra meat." Ghom steps up to the mage and casts Cure Light Wounds on him.
[roll0]
Stepping up to the other Half-Minotaur, Ghom appears perplexed. "Who are you? Ghom the Mighty has never met another like himself." Ghom looks the creature up and down to see how bad his wounds are before casting any sort of healing spell on him.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-09, 10:28 PM
To mootoall: The elf's gender is not apparent. Its thoughts are if he fails the save. [roll0]
The elf's thoughts: Are they looking for a fight, I could give it to them. I think we can take them if I get the first attack, but I need coordination, and what's with this annoying flying thing, go away. He shews away Olindara.

To fil kearney: The paladin addresses the ball of light. Oh you must be Blue, and you can speak, huh. Well we were just travelling and then this thing attacked, we have just begun roasting it up.

To goken04: The minotaur sizes up Ghom, he's about 2 feet taller. Never met one like me neither. You good fighter, I am a good fighter, but I got hurt fighting big many headed thing. Can you help with gash in my side? A cure moderate wounds should do it.

mootoall
2010-09-10, 12:01 AM
Olindara is very annoyed at the elf's actions. "Heynow,that'snotverynice.Whywon'tyoubemyfriend?" She looks him deep in the eyes once again, and in her frustration lets forth a burst of magical energy.

Casting Charm Monster as a SLA, DC 19 (I think)

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-10, 01:31 AM
Will Save [roll0]

The elf looks disoriented for a second, then responds to the pixie buzzing around in front of him. Oh hello pixie friend, how are you doing this fine day.

Bulwer
2010-09-10, 07:50 AM
Thran stands up and stretches as best he can within plate armor. He draws his halberd and does a lazy figure-eight in the air, then drops it back into the loops on the back of his armor. He hops down from the cart with a thud that shakes the ground, and begins to walk idly around, putting the other party and their hydra corpse between him and his allies.

mootoall
2010-09-10, 08:46 AM
"Teehee,that'smuchbetter!I'mjustdandy,heehee.So,wha tbringsyoufolkstothisplace?"

Ricky S
2010-09-10, 09:12 AM
After the possible need for fighting Sera relaxes her grip on her bow and walks lightly back towards the wagons humming an elvish tune. Her attention is now off the other adventuring party as she thinks about the trip ahead.

She jumps back on the wagon and puts her hand into the folds of her cloak to withdraw a bundle of what seems to be cloth. She unravels it to reveal a small owl. Wake up Koki. She whispers while the owl looks ruffled at being woken up during the day. She feeds him a treat and then starts stroking his chest feathers while she watches everyone talking to each other.

goken04
2010-09-10, 03:30 PM
"Ghom the Mighty loves to fight, friend! Let Ghom heal you."

Cure Moderate Wounds:
[roll0]

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-10, 06:34 PM
To mootoall: Well we were going to the wizard's city, as one does, to find some transport to Zaul, the halfling city.

To goken04: You may be good fighter, but I bet I'm better. You want to try?

mootoall
2010-09-10, 07:15 PM
"Nowwhywouldyouwanttogothere?Wehearditwasanastyplac e.Nastynastynasty."

goken04
2010-09-10, 07:47 PM
Ghom immediately casts Bull's Strength on himself.
"He is healed and suddenly he wants to fight. Ghom will show you who the stronger one is."

I'm going to assume willful wrestling means we automatically succeed on the touch attack to start a grapple and just roll my grapple score.

Grapple check to pin: [roll0]

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-11, 04:10 AM
To mootoall: Nasty? Does it really matter if it's nasty? We've got a job to do there, and we don't like to go back on jobs, not without payment at least.

to goken04: Opposed grapple roll then [roll0]

mootoall
2010-09-11, 08:59 AM
"Oooh,ajob?Itseemsoddforsuchamismatchedgrouptobedoi ngajobatahalflingcity!Whohiredyou?Todowhat?And," she says, turning to see the tussle going on between Ghom and the other minotaur, "ComeonGhom!Youcandoit!"

goken04
2010-09-11, 12:24 PM
"You are mightily strong, but I have Kord on my side!"

Grapple check: [roll0]

...or not

Ricky S
2010-09-11, 08:52 PM
Sera laughs as Ghom tries to prove his might, C'mon Ghom put some muscle into it!. Sera shakes her head at Ghom trying to prove his masculinity as he is bested by his opponent.

Sera puts Koki back in his little cloth pile and leaves him on the wagon. She quickly hops up again and walks over to Olindara and whispers in her ear, Just be careful you don't give away anything about what we are doing. I still don't fully trust them.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-11, 09:17 PM
To mootoall: Telling his missioin is kind of going against his nature, so I believe that's an opposed charisma check? If so [roll0]

To goken04: I think if this roll succeeds he is pinning you. [roll1]

mootoall
2010-09-11, 10:37 PM
OOC: Cha check: [roll0]

goken04
2010-09-11, 11:46 PM
"Och! You are strong indeed! You have bested Ghom the Mighty this day, but I shall seek out even greater challenges and return someday to defeat you! You shall see!"

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-12, 12:38 AM
To mootoall: Well, if you must know, we were going to kill... The leader of the group who had been listening in quickly steps in and interrupts him. Ha, silly Rotum, talking nonsense. I think we'll be leaving soon, you know, places to go, people to see. The leader quickly walks off bringing the elf with him, and everyone begins mounting up on the dinosaurs.

To goken04: Thog releases Ghom and shakes his hand. Yes, I knew I was strongest. Will be good to go again sometime though.

mootoall
2010-09-12, 12:43 AM
Watching the other group walk away, Olindara steams. "Ooooooh,thatbigmeanie,takingawaymynewfriend.Andjus tashewastellingmesomethinggoodtoo..." She buzzes around for a few seconds, then comes to a rest near Thran's head. "Didyouhearwhattheelfsaid?Theyweregoingtothehalflin gcitytokillsomeonetoo!" She then darts over to Sera, and hovers over her shoulder, saying "I'dbetmywingswe'regoingtomeetthemagain."

Ricky S
2010-09-12, 07:01 AM
Sera gives a nod to the other party as they move off before turning back to the group I think they may be planning on attacking the same guy we are. We cannot let them beat us to the mark. We must move with haste!. Sera demeanour becomes serious as she gets back impatiently onto the wagon.

goken04
2010-09-12, 11:34 AM
"Then let us move swiftly!" Ghom says as he brushes himself off and steps back into the wagon.

mootoall
2010-09-12, 12:06 PM
Olindara does a loop-the-loop over the wagon and drops in, pouting a bit. "Idon'twantthemtogettherebeforeus...C'mon,youhorses ,hurryup!" Olindara's voice rings with power, and she points directly at the two horses. "YAH!" They seem to gain strength, and the group continues on their way.

Casting Bull's Strength on both the horses. Unfortunately, this uses up both my 2nd level spell slots, but I don't think I'll need them today anyway.

Bulwer
2010-09-12, 12:42 PM
Thran returns to the wagon and vaults in as gently as possible, shaking the frame.

fil kearney
2010-09-12, 03:42 PM
Blue watches the strangers with dinosaurs walk away from their camp and kill. That was an anticlimactic victory.
pulsing an array of colors, the euivalent to an unbodied shrug, Blue searches over the site and especially the hydra before moving along.

[roll0]

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-12, 10:12 PM
Blue does not detect anything unusual, though the ground is a little scorched right around the hydra.

As everyone is mounting up the wagons, the other group begins to leave, with the minotaur running alongside the dinosaurs. There are two people riding each dinosaur, with no other noticeable wagons, or caravans. They appear to be going at a speedy pace.

mootoall
2010-09-12, 10:33 PM
OOC: Does the other party also have a wagon drawn by horses, or are they all mounted on dinosaurs? Or is their wagon drawn by dinosaurs? Either way, modify this post to say something situationally appropriate. I'm gonna go with "leader is riding on a dinosaur." Olindara frowns. *Well,* she thinks, *if they're after what we're after, we'd best make sure we stay ahead.* She then mumbles a few words, and wills the leader's mount to freeze. Seeing the dinosaur resist her magic, and thankful that it seems no one noticed, she simply jumps on the back of one of her wagons' horses, and urges it forward, trying to at least keep pace with the other group.
Casting Hold Person, with a DC of 19, on either the leader's mount, or, if there are horses pulling a wagon of theirs, one of them, whichever has the weakest Will save. To slow them down, you know. If it's against the elf's nature not to dispell, then Charisma check: [roll0]

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-12, 10:49 PM
The elf is not actually a mage, I'm sorry if I said he was. This'll be the dinosaur rolling to resist. [roll0]

As the pixie attempts to stop the lead dinosaur, the dinosaur recoils but keeps going. The leader shouts, Onwards Buttercup, quickly.

I think you might want to change your post, though I admit, that was incredibly luck.

Bulwer
2010-09-13, 10:35 AM
If that treacherous little man had indeed sent out more than one team, Thran didn't intend to be the loser. He's been hired to do the job, and he was going to get paid for it.

Plus, he'd spend hours digging up good-sized rocks a week prior, and he hadn't got a chance to use them yet.

Scooping up an armful of boulders, Thran deftly ignites all of them with his natural flame and a pint of oil. He hurls one back at the pursuing riders, aiming for the dinosaurs.

[roll0]

The boulders do [roll1] and ignite anything and anyone they touch for 3 rounds of [roll2] fire damage.
Thran ignites [roll3] boulders.

Ricky S
2010-09-13, 08:12 PM
Sera looks in shock as Thran throws a boulder full force into one of the dinosaurs just ahead. What in the name of the gods are you doing! Sera yells. Oh this is not going to be good... Sera gives Thran the dirtiest look she can muster before standing up on the cart. She draws an arrow and pulls back the string of her massive bow. The wood creaks as she aims at the other party ahead of them. She'll not fire unless they stop to attack. At the first sign of retaliation she will let fly though.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-14, 12:17 AM
This is assuming the crit is confirmed, I'd like you to roll for that in the OOC. So the fire lasts for what, a round?

As the huge flaming rock collides with the dinosaur and it bursts into flame, a caustic substance begins to spray out.

The leader of the group immediately tries to put out the fire, and the dwarven mage unleashes a ray of frost which puts out the fire. Both dinosaurs and the minotaur begin sprinting away.

fil kearney
2010-09-15, 12:34 AM
Nag begins yanking furiously on Ghom's horms, as if to ride him into battle silently screaming in Blue's mind to KILL

The feeling of euphoria Blue-turned-Silver felt was.. amazing.
The pure light pulsing through the ball was like lightning-- the hair on the back of the riders' necks rose slightly for an instance before the beams danced across the burned dinosaur, searing through the the animal's flesh as though it were fog....
If my initiative allows Blue a surprise attack:
[roll0]
+1 more if still within 30'
damage
[roll1]
if qualifies for sneak attack
[roll2]

During the first actual round:
First attack:
[roll3]
damage
[roll4]
[roll5]

second attack:
[roll6]
[roll7]... oops.. unneeded extra d20 roll... sorry. :)
damage
[roll8]
[roll9]
The fiery ball knows if they don't stop at least one of those lizards, this prey is going to escape at that speed--- only Blue and probably Oli could hope to keep pace.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-15, 04:10 AM
Okay I'm assuming everyone is targeting the same dinosaur, and it is the leader's dinosaur, if anything is different I will update the post.

The lead dino recoils from the rays of light, the leader realizes she is hurt, and swings her around and leaps off. The dwarf also swings his dino around, and fires off an arrow of acid against the fire giant.

To hit touch[roll0]
Damage [roll1]
For next round [roll2]
For round after [roll3]

Ricky S
2010-09-15, 07:00 AM
Upon seeing the dwarf fire his arrow, Sera releases her grip on her on arrow and her bow fires it with immense force in his direction. She quickly pulls out another arrow and fires again. Not on my watch dwarf! She screams out.

I am firing rapid shot at the dwarf.
Attack roll first arrow[roll0]+10 (+11 within 30ft)
Attack roll second arrow[roll1]+10 (+11 within 30ft)
Damage first Arrow [roll2]+[roll3]+2
Damage second Arrow [roll4]+[roll5]+2

goken04
2010-09-17, 10:48 AM
Ghom casts Shield of Faith on himself and draws his morningstar.

mootoall
2010-09-19, 09:02 PM
(Yeah, figured out what I'm gonna do)

Olindara looks at the now beleaguered opposing party, and decided to have a bit of fun with them. Calling upon the powers of nature around her, she makes a rude gesture with her fingers, and plants from all around the place grew rapidly, wrapping around legs and arms, impeding movement all around the enemies.

Casting Entangle on an area that will catch most, if not all, of the enemies approaching us, most importantly the dinosaurs and minotaur. They must make a DC 19 Ref save or be Entangled, and move at half speed through the entangled area even if they succeed. Casters, if entangled, must succeed on a DC 15 Concentration check or their spell fails.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-19, 10:20 PM
Rolling time: Leader [roll0]
Leader's Mount [roll1]
Other Mount [roll2]
Minotaur [roll3]

The Minotaur is entrapped by the twirling vines, and attempts to break free of the entrapping plants, but despite thrashing around only succeeds on getting even more entangled.

The leader slices around his knees, and manages to free himself, His mount also struggles against the impeding vines, but can not escape. The final dinosaur almost leaps out of the vines, somehow graceful, with both dwarf and elf still on top.

New Map
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Grida-1.jpg
And it is now Bulwer's turn.

Bulwer
2010-09-20, 10:35 AM
Thran hefts another of his flaming boulders in his right hand and lobs a fastball at the entangled dinosaur that he hit before.

After the throw, he vaults out of the wagon and prepares for hand-to-hand combat, shifting his load of two boulders to his left arm.

Boulder throw at the injured dino, [roll0] for [SEE OOC] damage, plus [roll1] fire after a round unless someone uses a full-round action to extinguish. That oughtta light some plants on fire in any case.

fil kearney
2010-09-20, 11:33 AM
( I assume this is next round, yes?)

gliding over the other team, Blue does his best to Disappear into the Sun (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9391923&postcount=103) and patiently waits for the dwarf to attempt casting again....

Meh hard to complain about a roll of 4 on hide, considering the bonuses.

holding attack for the dwarf to cast again... this will effectively reduce my initiative to 17-- right before the dwarf.. unless he doesn't cast, and my action is wasted.. at which point I'll wrap around back to init 22 again.

Preemptive attack roll for this round if the dwarf DOES try to cast:
attack (vs flat foot if hidden... I think riders are flat footed anyway?)
[roll0]
damage
[roll1]
sneak attack damage if applicable
[roll2]
attempting to disrupt spell by damage....

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-20, 05:46 PM
As the flaming boulder crashes into the dinosaur, it collapses downwards with a huge groan. The leader shouts, NO, Buttercup! I'll kill you, I'll kill all of you. He then trudges towards you guys, though the vines make progress difficult. The leader shouts, You guys go on, me and Oxoble will handle them.

The dwarf urges the dinosaur forward, and it manages to get out of the now flaming bramble. The other mage waves his hand, and a huge and a huge dinosaur appears, almost 2 stories tall, and with a huge mouth of ferocious teeth.

I'm going to roll burning damage for the mage, but it has not spread very far yet, so only for him, it's just a d4 for normal fire. [roll0] and since he's taken damage as he casts I suppose a concentrations check is in order [roll1]
And a map
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Gridb.jpg
Red is fire, little green dot is blue, and everyone else should be on the wagons, whichever one they choose.

mootoall
2010-09-20, 05:58 PM
Uh, pretty sure Blue's readied action to disrupt casting should initiate another concentration check, no? I may be very wrong about that ...

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-20, 06:22 PM
Uh, pretty sure Blue's readied action to disrupt casting should initiate another concentration check, no? I may be very wrong about that ...

I believe he was targeting the dwarf, if he cast a spell, if he was targeting either mage then I can roll another check.

goken04
2010-09-22, 05:38 PM
Ghom the Mighty hops off of the wagon, morningstar in hand, as his holy symbol dangles around his neck. He casts Enlarge Person on himself, making him Huge size. He moves towards the other Half-Minotaur, preparing to attack.
"It looks as if our rematch is coming sooner than expected, eh large one?"

I want to move towards the Half-Minotaur, but stay just on the edge of the area of entanglement.

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-23, 07:34 AM
As the dinosaur rides away from the entangled area and his friends, the elf asks, Ah, Why can't we stay. I was beginning to like that pixie, I don't like his big friend though, maybe once everyone's dead we can be friends forever. He aims his crossbow at the hulking minotaur and fires off a shot, it slides just past the minotaur, narrowly missing him.

Sorry about that I forgot about Shield of Faith.
To hit [roll0]
Crit if necessary [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

It's the map.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Gridc-1.jpg

goken04
2010-09-23, 04:39 PM
I have a lower AC for being huge, but I also cast Shield of Faith on myself, so my AC is 24.

mootoall
2010-09-23, 09:35 PM
Olindara yells, at the top of her pixie voice, "Hey!Idon'tlikemyfriendsfighting!Ifyouwanttoshootso meone,getthatbiiiiiiigdinosaur!He'snotnice!"

She then turns to the escaping dinosaur-driven carts. A wicked grin flashes across her face, and she pulls more plants from the ground, ensnaring her running foes.

Casting Entangle again on the escaping fellas. Put them at the tail end of the circle, so that escaping requires them to go through or arround the whole thing if they make their ref save.

Ricky S
2010-09-28, 07:16 AM
Sera calmly and smoothly pulls another arrow from her quiver and nocks it. She pulls the string back, aiming once again at the dwarven mage. She lets the arrow loose. Draws another, aims and releases. She wills the arrows to hit as she watches them fly towards the dwarf.

arrow 1[roll0]
arrow 2[roll1]
damage 1 [roll2]+[roll3]+2
damage 2 [roll4]+[roll5]+2 .

I'm not quite sure if he (dwarf) is still in the combat. If not then direct the shots to the nearest foe

Dumbledore lives
2010-09-28, 09:33 PM
As the dwarf hastily retreats he is struck with two arrows and yells out in pain, he turns back to face the attacking party.

The minotaur still entrenched in the vegetation cries out in fear as the flames begin coming closer. He attempts to wrench himself free, but his efforts are in vain.

To see if he gets free.[roll0]
It is Bulwer's turn now.

fil kearney
2010-10-02, 09:35 AM
two more lances of silver light burn through the dwarf as their mount struggles with the pixie's growth

I'm not sure where blue or the dwarf is on the map.

-magic circle of protection is active; unless the dino is Good then it is going to be kept at 10' distance from blue
- aura of menace is active... will DC of 16 for enemies or while within 20 feet of blue; -2 att -2 ac -2 saves

Full attack:
attack 1 (touch)
[roll0]
damage 1
[roll1]
attack 2 (touch)
[roll2]
damage 2
[roll3]

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-03, 08:10 AM
The bolts of light streak in to the dwarf, and he grunts in pain. He responds by directing a fireball at the little bolt of light floating in the air.

The leader trudges his way and manages to just make it out of the entangling vines.

The mage who is currently on fire attempts nimbly steps his way out of the roots. The huge monster roars at his command.

So that's a DC 16 for fil, and as I was looking at your sheet I noticed that the saves were kind of weird, namely the base saves, they should be higher. Anyway sorry if this post is kind of lazy, I'm tired and it's been a long day. Here's a new map.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Gridd.jpg
And damage [roll0]

goken04
2010-10-05, 06:47 PM
I'm going to move around the entanglement to engage the leader in battle. Ghom howls as he swings his morningstar in both hands at the leader's small frame.

I'm also using Divine Might to add my CHA to damage for 1 full round.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-06, 04:45 AM
The elf responds to the pixies shouts and decides to do nothing offensive. Instead he decides to tie himself up out of boredom.

Bad luck with the attack roll, though it would have been a nice damage roll. And I figure I may as well roll, just for fun. [roll0]
The elf is currently out of the fight so just ignore his initiative. He's also kind of insane.

mootoall
2010-10-06, 06:30 AM
So rereading the class, I see that the pixie's sleep SLA has an HD cap of 4+ Pixie's HD. So this: Olindara giggles, and says "Thankyouelf!I'llgetyousoon!" She then turns to the non-dwarf caster and says "Nowtakeahintfromyourfriendoverthere!" Infusing her voice with magical power, the caster begins to feel drowsy. DC 19 will save to avoid sleep. Though Will is a caster's strong save ...

Ricky S
2010-10-12, 06:08 AM
Sera hops down from the wagon and shouts out to the retreating party. "Surrender and we will not kill you! If you continue to attack we will be forced to finish this. As she is saying this she draws another arrow and nocks it on her bow. She stands looking resolute in her action.

Ready action to fire at the next person who attacks our party (if they attack...). Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]+[roll2]+2

goken04
2010-10-12, 08:07 PM
Ghom will ready an action to smash the leader's face in if anyone attacks.

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-14, 01:27 AM
The minotaur shouts and screams and attempts to thrash his way out of the entanglement, unfortunately his flailing merely increases the severity of the situation, and the burning thorns get closer.

Never mind this. Fil's turn now.

fil kearney
2010-10-14, 03:06 PM
As Ghom stays his hand, awaiting a response, Nag tears fiercely at his mane, scraping obnoxiously against his hardened horns, writhing like the little thing was going to crack open like an egg.

The sound of Nag screaming was near mind-numbing! The mental static the little gem kicked out was so fierce, Blue couldn't focus his light-- as the confrontation developed, the archon struggled to block out the mind-splitting wailing
Shut up Shut UP!

Blue's friends could see his light flickering sporadically... Blue, Silver, Red, Blue, Silver... Plaid-- The little ball was evidently confused over whether his team was trying to win the fight, or give the other team a free shot because they were doing so poorly....

(technically readying action to shoot anyone attempting to cast.... Blue will manage to fire a spark "right at that time". :D )
attack 1 (touch)
[roll0]
damage 1
[roll1]

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-16, 04:24 AM
The dwarf on the furthest dinosaur realizes that all hope is lost, as his spells don't seem to do anything, but as if he's going down he may as well make them burn with him. He fires off another fireball, this time at the biggest target, the minotaur. The ball of light fires off a ray of light but the spell still gets off.

The leader moves gradually closer to the wagons. The mage moves slightly further from the burning vines, but does not cast anything.

The huge minotaur smacks the other, landing a smashing blow across his face, leaving him bloodied.

See if succesfull casting [roll0]
Fireball damage [roll1]
That will be a reflex from Goken DC 14
Reflex [roll2]
So entangled minotaur takes half damage. I don't know if this triggers your condition goken if it does then let me know.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll278/Dumbledore13A/Gridd-1.jpg

goken04
2010-10-16, 04:38 AM
That definitely triggers my condition to attack the leader.

goken04
2010-10-16, 04:40 AM
Reflex save: [roll0]

mootoall
2010-10-20, 10:29 AM
Olindara takes off into the skies, flying fourty feet forward. She removes an arrow from her quiver, and imbues it with magic. "Isaidsleep!" She fires the arrow at the mage who had resisted her last spell. Okay, imbuing an arrow with a sleep spell. The DC becomes 10+HD+Cha modifier. Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] I'm pretty sure about those modifiers, but can someone double check?

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-22, 05:19 AM
The minotaur is infuriated and shouts at the other minotaur, Why don't you come closer and fight like a man!

fil kearney
2010-10-25, 02:11 PM
Noting that violence is continuing, silver sizzles along the form of the dwarven caster as the archon continues to focus solely on the remaining identified caster...

Full attack:
attack 1 (touch)
[roll0]
damage 1
[roll1]
attack 2 (touch)
[roll2]
damage 2
[roll3]

Nag continues yanking at the minotaurs mane,and is now tapping his skull with delicate ectoplasmic legs to spur him on... only Blue was assaulted by the howls and screams the little gem hurled silently towards the rival minotaur!!

goken04
2010-10-25, 02:20 PM
Ghom the Mighty sees his opportunity and, ignoring the other minotaur's taunting, attempts a full attack, after calling on the divine power of Kord to fuel his strikes.

Using Divine Might to add CHA to damage
Morningstar attack: [roll0]
Morningstar damage: [roll1]
Gore attack: [roll2]
Gore damage: [roll3]

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-26, 05:16 AM
So I'm assuming Olindra is in the nearest wagon? If that is true the leader is going to be moving to attack.The two mages are disabled.

The leader of the group charges the little pixie shouting For Buttercup! Swinging wildly in his anger he misses the small fairy, and continues his stroke into the ground, cursing angrily.

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

mootoall
2010-10-26, 07:07 AM
Olindara chuckles as she loop-the-loops away from the man's weapon. No one could touch her when she didn't want to be touched. She says "Nowdarling,Buttercup'sinabetterplacenow.Andsowilly oubesoon!" She suffuses her voice with enchanting magic once again, and says "Nowcalmdown,okay?Idon'twantanyoneelsetobehurt..." Once again, charm monster. DC 19 Will save to resist. I believe he gets a +5 bonus to resist since we're currently fighting.

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-28, 05:29 AM
Breaking out of entanglement [roll0]

The minotaur finally wrenches himself free from the entrapping vines and shouts, Now were on even ground pretty boy!

fil kearney
2010-10-29, 10:51 AM
As the dwarf finally goes limp, Nag's continuing screams reach a new height of hysterics as the entangled beast breaks free--

YES!!! YES!!!! BLUE!!!!!!!

Blue promptly undermines the Minotaur's taunts with the same squiggly lines of silver that graced the casters...

touch attacks that overrides all DR:
[roll0]
damage 1
[roll1]

[roll2]
damage 2
[roll3]

goken04
2010-10-29, 02:27 PM
"It shall not matter! You got lucky once besting me, but it won't happen again!" Ghom shouts as he brings his morningstar down toward the other minotaur.

Morningstar: [roll0]
Gore: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Dumbledore lives
2010-10-30, 07:14 PM
As the rays of light collide with the minotaur, he recoils in pain shouting in rage. As Ghom brings his large morning star down onto his head, there is a resounding crunch, and he collapses down on the ground.

The leader laughs as the small pixies spell has not effect on him, he responds with a slice of his sword, which just grazes the small creature.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Be aware that 1d6 is fire, and 1d6 is frost.

mootoall
2010-11-01, 05:31 PM
Rylie laughs right back in the man's face as he swings past her, gracefully avoiding his swing. "Ohsure,youmightnotwanttobefriendswithme...butatthe veryleast,letusseeyoudance!"

As she speaks the last word, Olindara lunges into the man's chest, darting one way and then another, before launching into his chest, hands outstretched, hands glowing with bright fey magic.

Finessed melee touch attack: [roll0] Casting Irresistible Dance, let's see how he likes this!

fil kearney
2010-11-03, 02:49 PM
OOC: oh, I'll just go ahead and shoot the pally. we can coup d grace the sleeper and elf in a minit

fil kearney
2010-11-03, 02:51 PM
IC:

watchnig the warrior spit and curse as he moves around towards the cart and his companions; Blue flicks two more streams of silver to finish all the commotion.

touch attacks that overrides all DR:
[roll0]
damage 1
[roll1]
sneak attack if stuck dancing:
[roll2]

[roll3]
damage 2
[roll4]
sneak attack if stuck dancing:
[roll5]

goken04
2010-11-06, 12:16 PM
Ghom charges the leader, waiving his morningstar, "You shall fall this day!"

Dumbledore lives
2010-11-06, 04:49 PM
Ghom swings his huge morningstar and smashes it into the leader's breastplate, the force of it sending him flying a foot back. He lies on the ground, apparently defeated. His legs give one final twitch, and his dance is done.

Congratulations, First combat encounter over, Victory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u275DrdLGLY). What shall the heroes do now?

mootoall
2010-11-06, 05:12 PM
What shall the heroes do now?[/spoiler]
Loot, of course!

Olindara flies over to the fallen body of the leader, and scans him over with her fey sight, searching for magical auras. If she finds any on weapons, armor, etc. she will remove them, and pile them in a corner. She then proceeds to do that for every other fallen enemy, and finally searches both mages for spellbooks, taking them as well. As she approaches the elf, she says "Now,aren'tyougladyoudidn'tjointhefight? Youcould'veendeduplikeyourdearleaderoverthere,andt hatwouldneverwork,no...

goken04
2010-11-07, 12:28 PM
"These were mighty foes indeed! Ghom the Mighty enjoys a challenge!" Ghom says, as he wipes blood from his morningstar. He sits down on the wagon and watches as Olindara loot the bodies.

fil kearney
2010-11-07, 01:02 PM
Blue begins the clean up of rte fallen; tracing silver through their fallen bodies until it is content they are truly dead; not merely unconscious or feigning death. (coup d grace all around)
l
"We must move along quickly. Humans ask questions when otherr dead sentients are found. The nature off our mission should not be compromised..."

mootoall
2010-11-07, 06:11 PM
"Oh,besidesthesepeoplewehaven'tseenanyoneonthisroad allday,don'tworryaboutit. I'msurewe'llgettothecitywithnoproblemwhatsoever."

She continues focusing on the items she took of the people, intent on finding out whether or not any of it is magic.

Dumbledore lives
2010-11-08, 03:57 AM
Sorry, year long project and what not.

Everyone appears to now be dead, except for the elf who is watching merrily as his teammates are looted.

Mootoall you find what appears to be a magical sword on the leader, shiny gold armor on the leader, a small bag on the minotaur, and a magical cloak on the human mage.

fil kearney
2010-11-12, 01:06 PM
As the last foe drops dead, Nag begins pulsing with pride, grabbing tufts of Ghom's mane and braiding (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9750307&postcount=189) them.

Since Nag and Blue met Ghom, the cleric has had MANY braids added... a custom popular amongst more savage cultures, Ghom privately feels pride in what they signify... and the crystal has little to do with it's existence other than yanking on the half-breed's mane anyway...

mootoall
2010-11-12, 02:13 PM
Olindara packs everything into her little extradimensional pocket, and ties her hair up in a ponytail. "Wellgents,I'mreadywhenyouare! Quickerwegettothewizard'scity,quickerwecangetdone. Also,Iwannasellthisstuff. Soawaaaaaaywego!" Rylie flies up into the air, and decides to travel that way for a while, darting back and forth between the front of the wagon and the road ahead.

Dumbledore lives
2010-11-14, 04:26 PM
Again sorry for taking so long, real life is very interrupting. I guess you arrive a the city without further incident.

Before you you see the walls of a massive city, towering above you. There are no obvious doors, but just before the walls is a large building, which many appear to be entering into.

mootoall
2010-11-14, 04:30 PM
Olindara, once she sees the walls of the city, says "Ooooh,that'ssopretty!Let'sgoguys,let'sgolet'sgolet 'sgo!" She takes off ahead of the group, and stops in front of the door to the house like structure, waving for everyone to follow along.

Dumbledore lives
2010-11-17, 10:46 PM
Inside the building appears to be a huge counter, with long lines leading up to each till, and people begging to go inside. Luckily you have been given a pass giving you access, so you can simply avoid the lines, and proceed to the exit, and enter the city.

Dumbledore lives
2010-11-20, 04:49 PM
Alright more exposition.

As you enter the teleporter you feel a strange feeling and then arrive in the city. The most prominent feature is an enormous library in the center of town, stretching into the clouds, where the leaders of the city deliberate and all the world's knowledge is kept. Scattered throughout the city are food and water stations, so the daily needs are never a concern. The outer rings of the city consist of houses for the poor, though still of good quality. Closer to the center entertainment complexes, theaters and casinos are frequent, as well as beautiful places lie gardens.

It is likely that in one of the many shops around, there is a wizard who can teleport you.

fil kearney
2010-11-21, 02:42 AM
Blue recognizes this place as "amazing". With Nag's insistence, the arcon has alrteady shut off listening to the pixie for fear of impaling something potentially dangerous with silver light.
Instead of causing further trouble, the orb flits over to rest comfortably about the small crystal that bobs merrily above Ghom's head.
The city really IS impressive. after all the dirty work is done, this would be a fun environment to explore further...

mootoall
2010-11-21, 01:14 PM
Olindara can veritably feel the pulse of magic in the air, her pixie skin practically buzzing with the energy. "So,Blue,d'yathinkweshouldgetgoing,ordoyouwannaspen dabitoftimewanderingaroundhere? I'mnotinarush."

fil kearney
2010-11-24, 05:36 PM
Nag lets Blue know the Pixie's question, and replies,
"Let's see if we can find the others before moving on to find a teleport. They may need rest before proceeding?"
Nag juts an ectoplasmic digit in one direction, then another... wanting to be sure Blue notices every point of interest for future exploration, screaming internally to SLOW DOWN! YOU ARE MISSING THINGS!!!!!!

This city is simply amazing... incorporeal balls of light are not too out of the ordinary here... nor do pixies immediately cause a stampede of ignorant lookie-loos.
"We should consider applying for citizenship here, Oli...."

mootoall
2010-11-24, 06:03 PM
"It'saprettyplace,Blue. Iwouldn'tmindlivinghere. Heck,ifthere'redruids,Icouldfindanicetreetolivein, andjuststayforever..."

fil kearney
2010-12-06, 07:08 PM
Blue contemplates eternity with the faerie for a few moments.. watching the humans bustling by, leading their short, busy lives.

I wonder what events are occurring right now that is making this king such a priority... in time, he, too, will die. 70 years from now, if we were to witness his demise... would anyone remember that we were to get paid for proof the king has died?

Nag begins to twitch a little; becoming aware they haven't really gotten very much information... hardly any at all. MOST jobs they've performed had tangible benefits; taking action was eventually a good thing.

mootoall
2010-12-06, 07:10 PM
Iheardsomethingaboutawar. Warfare'snotverygood,andifthehalfling'sencouraging it ... Well,I'dbegladtohelpstopit."

Niezck
2010-12-07, 02:08 AM
The elf chimes in with an ever-intelligent addition to the conversation.

"Yay stopping war!"

mootoall
2010-12-07, 07:13 AM
"Hee hee, oh,elfy,youalwaysmakemelaugh! That'swhyIlikeyou. I'mgladyou"decided"tocomewithus!" Olindara does a loop'd'loop and flutters to the ground, looking around. "Now,let'sfindournextcontact,hesaidhe'djoinushere,n o?"

Grendus
2010-12-07, 11:49 AM
*clank clank clank*

Gimbel paces at the meeting site. This was where he was told to meet the group. It always made him nervous when things didn't seem to be working right. But then, being wanted for so many crimes, even justified crimes, would make anyone nervous. He was more surprised that his 'benefactor' had promised him clemency for his previous crimes in return for the favor. Normally that wouldn't have interested him, as his mission was as much a divine calling as a compulsion, but his father's health was failing. It would be worth regicide to see him again. Doubly so since he probably would not in the next life, what with Gimbel having converted to worshiping St Cuthbert instead of Garl Glittergold like the rest of his family. It would be worth it. He hoped.

*clank clank clank*

In retrospect, wearing his platemail had been a bad idea. At least, in this sun. Plus it was attracting too much attention, even among a city that did a fair amount of adventurer trade a suit of full plate was conspicuous. He checks once again to make sure that the bloodstains from last weeks 'adventure' were gone. Nervously, he sits down under the tree again and checks the papers. Looking back at him is a sketch of a large party - a human, an oversized minotaur, an even more oversized giant, a lantern archon and... some kind of magical gnat - either that or a large blob of ink that they hadn't bothered to wipe off. He leans back against the tree and, between the sun and his having trouble sleeping, feels himself nodding off.

"Hee hee, oh,elfy,youalwaysmakemelaugh! That'swhyIlikeyou. I'mgladyou"decided"tocomewithus."

Gimbel jolts awake, feeling the earth under him vibrate from the sound of... hooves? That would be his group then. The composition was different - he didn't see a giant with them, nor a human... but they had added another demihuman... an elf perhaps? Gimbel had always been terrible with the tall races, they all looked the same to someone three feet tall. Clattering to his feet, he begins to run after them shouting "Hey... hey, wait for me!"