PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Metamagic + Heighten Spell usage

Andion Isurand
2010-09-03, 01:17 AM
When using the Midnight Metamagic feat to apply metamagic to spells, would it be possible to apply the effects of Heighten Spell feat to a single spell a number of times equal to the amount of invested essentia?
...I doubt it, but would doing this in some way bypass the 9th spell level cap of heightened spells?

If asked as a DM or designer, how many of you would do away with Epic Heighten Spell and allow spells to be heightened beyond 9th level using only Heighten Spell (assuming the caster had an Improved Spell Capacity or other means great enough to accomidate)?

Kaww
2010-09-03, 02:30 AM
I'm sorry, but what does midnight mm do?

As for spell levels (10+) which are obtained beyond lvl 20, why not? If you pay for it you may use it.

Andion Isurand
2010-09-03, 02:38 AM
Midnight Metamagic is a feat from Magic of Incarnum that lets you invest essentia towards the mitigation of spell slot costs of metamagic feats you possess.

Once per day, it lets you invest essentia (on a 1 to 1 basis) towards the spell slot cost of each metamagic feat you want to apply to one of your spells... and as long as you have enough essentia and essentia capacity to pay for them... it lets you apply the selected feats to the chosen spells next time you cast them without changing the spell level or casting time.

Ernir
2010-09-03, 04:25 AM
Heighten is a metamagic feat, and Midnight Metamagic should be able to mitigate its spell level adjustment normally. I see no problem there.

But it does not matter whether you are paying the metamagic cost with your actual spell slots or Midnight Metamagic, Heighten Spell is capped at 9th level.