PDA

View Full Version : Post deletion

Thajocoth
2010-09-02, 07:46 PM
How odd... The "Delete this post" stuff appears to be gone... I wonder why. Usually when I edit a post of mine, like this one, I have the option to delete it. This has included a few thread starting posts as well, so that's not it...

Andraste
2010-09-04, 12:56 AM
I don't know, it's still there for me.

EDIT: Yeah, checking it on this message now, and it's there.

If you want a specific post deleted and can't, try PMing a mod or reporting your own post and ask for them to delete it.

Mystic Muse
2010-09-04, 01:34 AM
Let me check and see real quick.

EDIT: Nope. The delete post button is there. Are you trying to delete posts that start a thread? That could be the problem.

Zeb The Troll
2010-09-04, 02:15 AM
How odd... The "Delete this post" stuff appears to be gone... I wonder why. Usually when I edit a post of mine, like this one, I have the option to delete it. This has included a few thread starting posts as well, so that's not it...Rawhide or Roland will have to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure you can't delete an OP to a thread because you're not allowed to delete threads, even your own.

InaVegt
2010-09-04, 03:17 AM
Rawhide or Roland will have to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure you can't delete an OP to a thread because you're not allowed to delete threads, even your own.

This is the answer, quite probably.

Rawhide
2010-09-04, 04:27 AM
There has been no change in the settings, you can still delete posts, you just can't delete the first post of a thread (and never have been able to, unless you remember the YaBB days).