PDA

View Full Version : OMG! It's Elan's boat!

argonath
2010-09-03, 05:13 PM
Just what every dashing swordsman needs.

http://twitpic.com/2kwcvk

Cizak
2010-09-03, 06:10 PM
OMG! A boat with an english name? Well that simply HAS to be a reference to OoTS!!

:smallsigh:

Dr.Epic
2010-09-03, 08:27 PM
OMG! A boat with an english name? Well that simply HAS to be a reference to OoTS!!

Of course! Just like the Flame Colonel from FMA is named after everyone's favorite fighter!

kaptainkrutch
2010-09-03, 08:41 PM

You simply cannot beleive he was actually being serious.

Swordpriest
2010-09-03, 09:25 PM

I presume, then, that you're not a person who is amused when something IRL coincidentally resembles something in fiction, or vice versa? :smallsigh:

I don't think the OP thought the boat had anything to do with OotS. I believe he found the coincidence amusing.

Like when you've been reading the comic page in the newspaper, and then you see someone who looks exactly like a real life version of one of the characters, you don't think that they got their face facelifted to resemble the character, but if your mind works a certain way, you find the resemblance amusing ....

Maximum Zersk
2010-09-03, 09:32 PM
Heh, that's quite amusing.

But it'd be even more amusing if the owner acted like Elan. :smalltongue:

Xefas
2010-09-03, 09:37 PM
Elan's boat is nice and all, but it's not nearly as impressive as Hinjo's junk.

Starscream
2010-09-03, 09:38 PM
No, get it, it's a pun! Elan is often "shipped" with female characters. Haley, Therkla, Sabine... so now there's an actual ship called Elan.

Ironically, only he could appreciate such an atrocious pun.

Rotipher
2010-09-04, 05:24 PM
If there's another boat moored next to that one named "Haley", it might be more than a coincidence. Barring that, eh.

grimbold
2010-09-05, 05:19 AM
its not strictly relevant but its cool to share. like the elan gas company in paris or the elan building in germany, a mightyman company :).
Sure its not an OotS reference but it makes people smile.

TreesOfDeath
2010-09-05, 10:06 AM
Why are you posting Elan's junk? Think of the children!