PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k New Player. Gimme some lovin'

NekoJoker
2010-09-03, 06:35 PM
Ok, so some friends are getting me hooked to Warhammer 40k... and even thought I have to learn the rules properly I am looking forward to building my very own army of critters to get into the fight

I would like to know which of all the races and armies is actually... erm... newbie friendly, I have heard some really cool things about the orkz and they seem real fun to play, but well... I am still undecided.

So far my friends have chosen
-Space Marines (Ultramarines)
-Space Marines (Blood Angels)
-Eldar
-Tau Empire

What do the playgrounders say?

Winterwind
2010-09-03, 06:43 PM
What do the playgrounders say?Two things:

1. Welcome to the hobby! :smallbiggrin:
2. The thread you want is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165820). :smallwink:

Erloas
2010-09-03, 06:46 PM
Well first I would say its probably best to post this in the existing 40k thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165820)

The most important thing is to pick an army you find interesting. If you don't find the army and models interesting you will have a hard time keeping enthusiasm for the game.

And since there are a lot of armies around, it makes it a lot easier for someone to give you the pros and cons of 2-3 specific armies you are thinking about then trying to cover every single army, many of which you probably won't even really consider. There really are only a few armies that are really old to the point where there are only 1-2 reasonable ways of running the army with some success.

NekoJoker
2010-09-03, 06:49 PM
Basically I am torn Between Chaos Space Marines and Orkz
So Advice on any of those two would come in handy

Oh and I am looking through the WH40K thread, thaks for pointing it out, somehow I didn't see it

Winterwind
2010-09-03, 06:51 PM
Though there is Cheesegear's guide to all the armies, specifically analysing them for newbie-friendliness (and for the most part, I agree with his assessments).

You can find that guide in the first post of the thread Erloas and me linked to.

And yeah, definitely pick something you like for the models and such, not only for its rules - if you don't like the models, painting them won't be fun.

NekoJoker
2010-09-03, 06:56 PM
Perfect then, I will dive into that thread.
So long and thx

Thread closed