PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands & Panda Express just trolled me.

Hadrian_Emrys
2010-09-04, 02:19 AM
The scene:
lil ol me sitting on the couch with the remains of Chinese food on the table and Borderlands on the tv.

The setup:
Cracking open my fortune cookie and reading:

YOU WILL DISCOVER AN UNEXPECTED TREASURE

The conclusion:
After opening the cookie, the next treasure chest I open with my soldier character initiates the comment:

"Woah! I wasn't expecting that!"

The reaction:

http://dev102.com/Dev102/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/areyoykiddingme.png

Deth Muncher
2010-09-04, 02:41 AM

Cool story, bro.

MoelVermillion
2010-09-04, 03:21 AM
What was in the chest?

Hadrian_Emrys
2010-09-04, 11:07 AM

Admittedly, it really was a sweet lvl 48 Pestilent Defiler.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-09-04, 11:10 AM
I love that gun!
Anyways, sorry, but that doesn't seem too creepy to me. Like, at all. I wouldn't have even noticed it if it were me.

Hadrian_Emrys
2010-09-04, 04:35 PM
It wasn't creepy so much as amusing. Too coincidental to not take notice of. The bloody gun being my hunter character's primary weapon just keeps the scenario fresh on my mind whenever I load his game.

Speaking of the hunter, I love the gunslinger build but it seems that no matter what tactics I use the soldier is the superior class in all ways save for sniping, but a solider isn't even bad in that regard either.

Rutskarn
2010-09-04, 05:02 PM
I'm not entirely clear on how this works, but I think you now have to experiment with your new power, then amass a fortune that makes you superficially happy--for a while, until you realize how badly it's messed your life up and alienated you from your friends and family. Then your misuse strips you of your powers, and you learn a valuable lesson about what's really important.

Alternately, you experiment with your new power, then murder criminals in an attempt to become a god. I guess you'll figure it out eventually.

Hadrian_Emrys
2010-09-04, 06:09 PM
I'm not entirely clear on how this works, but I think you now have to experiment with your new power, then amass a fortune that makes you superficially happy--for a while, until you realize how badly it's messed your life up and alienated you from your friends and family. Then your misuse strips you of your powers, and you learn a valuable lesson about what's really important.

Alternately, you experiment with your new power, then murder criminals in an attempt to become a god. I guess you'll figure it out eventually.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk316/Ayuriko/Moemon/Psyduck.png

"Psy?"

LordShotGun
2010-09-04, 06:33 PM

I THINK he means superman...or batman...or hell just about any tier one superhero.

Lord Loss
2010-09-04, 06:38 PM
He means light Yagami in the second example. C'mon guys, Death Note Rules! And I got DN 13 Today! Which Rules!

Also, I have my own share of creepy fortune cookie tales...

Rutskarn
2010-09-04, 07:06 PM
I THINK he means superman...or batman...or hell just about any tier one superhero.

More the plot of just about any book or movie where the hero gets powers of some kind.