PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] OoC III: May Contain Nuts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Morty
2010-09-04, 05:31 PM
Due to general agreement between people on both sides of the line, TOWN and ACRO have been merged. Thus, all threads which previously would have fallen in once category or another, should now be tagged [NEXUS].
LONG LIVE THE NEXUS! :biggrin:

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

Major Locales

For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Town - At the heart of the Nexus lies the city-state of Town. Self-governed by an elected council, Town can most accurately be described as a city's planner's worst nightmare. A sump of urban madness, here spires of glass and steel can be seen next to Ancient Babylonian slum. Where Hellenistic Temples co-exist with Gothic Cathedrals and the odd Oriental Pagoda. Where crumbling, zombie infested crypts lie untouched in the middle of verdant parkland. It's craaaaaazy. It's Town.

Inside - A sister city to Town, the City of Inside is less chaotic than its close relative. Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is the current seat of the Acronymian Empire, which controls much of the surrounding area.

Outside - If you ain't Inside (or in Town), you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or have kinky lesbian sex. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization. Non-Evil aligned organization, exists to smite wrong-doers.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
NO - Neutralist Oganization. Neutral aligned organization, exists to arbitrate between other organizations, and occasionally do their dirty work.
WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Non-aligned aligned organization. Exists to destroy threats to Nexus, whatever form they may take.

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnDesque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located in Town. Taverna Generica, which is located near Inside. And Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, in Town and Inside at the same time.

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 05:40 PM
@Happy: Yup, if Moff Prime wasn't quite right to begin with (which he wasn't), his expiriences with the Road and The Objects have driven him pretty mad.

"They called me crazy! They called me mad! They called me insane!
...and boy were they right!"

:smallbiggrin:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-04, 05:45 PM
*pokes BR to MSN and Outside* :smalltongue:

Murkus
2010-09-04, 05:50 PM
You know, all those objects remind me of a series called The Lost Room. Good series. There was a bus ticket that when it touched people, teleported them to New Mexico. Of course, there were less useful objects to. Like a watch that would hardboil an egg when it was set in it. Or a radio that made a person 3 inches taller if it was tuned to the right station.

Murkus, Moff, if you two haven't seen it, I'd go and buy it. It's well worth it.

I've seen it already. Great stuff. Thanks, though.

And yes, Moff. If you like the Objects, go watch The Lost Room.

The Bushranger
2010-09-04, 05:51 PM
*pokes BR to MSN and Outside* :smalltongue:

*Heads to post Outside* :smalltongue:

I won't be on MSN until after the Nationwide Series race (http://jayski.com/nationwide/nationwide.htm), though.

Beans
2010-09-04, 06:08 PM
Agh, I hate colds.

This cold is being a butt. It's being asinine. It's...
*dramatic pause*
A buttass.

Neighbor kid uses that word and it cracks me up.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-04, 08:38 PM
Reinholdt's player glares at Orson Reinholdt Loveless, knowing there's a story there and it likely involves Lucretia somehow.
*GLAAAAAARES*

No, really? :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-04, 08:43 PM
Will this be a plot that Kris actually finishes?

STAY TUNED!!!!

Reinholdt
2010-09-04, 08:48 PM
No, really? :smalltongue:

But there's already...
5 Reinholdts* and only one of them's deceased! :smallfrown:
And somehow I just know something that little brat does is going to haunt me and/or have me as the scapegoat. :smallannoyed:

* Includes Orson Reinholdt Loveless

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-04, 08:54 PM
But there's already...
5 Reinholdts* and only one of them's deceased! :smallfrown:
And somehow I just know something that little brat does is going to haunt me and/or have me as the scapegoat. :smallannoyed:

* Includes Orson Reinholdt Loveless

...Five? Why? How, what, where, when?

happyturtle
2010-09-04, 08:56 PM
Reinholdt Prime
Reinholdt the Meek (simulacra of RP, now deceased)
Reinholdt the Clone (clone of RP)
Mister Buttons
Orson Reinholdt Loveless

Reinholdt
2010-09-04, 09:06 PM
What she said. The stories are as long and as convoluted as... page 2 of the ACRO digest. :smalltongue:

Gist equals: Reinholdt Prime lived, died, lived.
RM was created by RP to get at the Brightheart in GLoG pre-Astir super-evil corruption.
RC was created by Magtok based on RP post-Astir super-evil corruption to get at the knowledge and skills Reinholdt had when dealing with Calublufiok, the nasty lich who started the apocalypse era. RC is the most common Reinholdt today.
Mister Buttons was an alternate universe Reinholdt created for WW games and is probably the most sane of all Reinholdts.
Orson Reinholdt Loveless is... I dunno. Orson mind-locked in disguise or something? :smallconfused:

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 12:52 PM
...so, I get online for the first time since last night...and there's no new OOC posts? :smalleek:

http://www.dreadgazebo.com/geekcats/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/blasphemy.jpg

Kaelaroth
2010-09-05, 12:55 PM
Her blood seems like it would be valuable.
It'shappeningalloveragain!
:eek:

Recaiden
2010-09-05, 01:05 PM
*Heads to post Outside* :smalltongue:

I won't be on MSN until after the Nationwide Series race (http://jayski.com/nationwide/nationwide.htm), though.

Car racing? Really?

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 01:07 PM
A-yup. Mostly NASCAR. Formula One is on at unearthly hours in the morning usually, and we don't get the channel most IndyCar races are on. :smallfrown:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 01:36 PM
The Druid chuckles. That's a nice way of putting it. This land holds the dreams of the collective imaginations of a thousand worlds. Anything and everything is true here. It's a lot to get used to.

This quote should go in the Nexus OOC's OP. :smallsmile:

Murkus
2010-09-05, 03:34 PM
This quote should go in the Nexus OOC's OP. :smallsmile:

I second this.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 03:50 PM
*digs through this holder's series stuff*
So which ones do Jack and Moff have?

Murkus
2010-09-05, 03:56 PM
*digs through this holder's series stuff*
So which ones do Jack and Moff have?

Jack currently has:

-The Liar's Note
-Peace's Sword
-The Tower's Pocket-watch

And maybe one or two others halfway across the multiverse that don't grant any immediate abilities.

Yet still, the ones that give powers might actually be the least useful. The Objects contain vast, world-building power...

Power that many people are trying to tap.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 04:33 PM
Moff Four has Object 327. I looked through quite a few of them before deciding, ruling out bringing into the Nexus the ones that are particularly scary. Like the Delete Key (http://theholders.org/?Holder_of_Deletion), that can make anything or anyone cease to exist. :smalleek:

End the end what decided me was the idea of Moff as an arsonist. Seemed so natural that I knew that's the one he would go for first. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 05:12 PM
Is the Liar's Note this one? (http://www.theholders.org/?Holder_of_Lies)

Reinholdt doesn't have time to read all 500+ in such a short time. :smalltongue:

Oh if only he wasn't a Treasure Hunter. And his player wasn't semi-obsessed with cursed objects. :smallsigh:
Reinholdt Prime seems more likely to be seeker than Reinholdt Clone though. If he'd ever come up out of hiding that is. :smallannoyed:

Yes. Moff and arsonist just seem like they'd be synonymous.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-05, 05:17 PM
...Now I want to make an evil character just to make it a Holder of an Object. Thanks.

Where are the Objects from anyways?

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 05:18 PM
Hehe... If only he hadn't introduced himself as a treasure hunter, all this could have been avoided. :smallbiggrin:

Liar's Note (http://theholders.org/?Holder_of_Excuses)

@^ They're from the Internet. Like Lolcats and Slender Man.

iElf
2010-09-05, 05:22 PM
Slender Man.

YOU MANIAC! HOW DARE YOU MENTION HIS NAME!

....this is bad...this is very bad

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 05:23 PM
Hehe... If only he hadn't introduced himself as a treasure hunter, all this could have been avoided. :smallbiggrin:

Liar's Note (http://theholders.org/?Holder_of_Excuses)

@^ They're from the Internet. Like Lolcats and Slender Man.

That's usually how he introduces himself though! Like... since forever and then some!

Hmm... Liar's Note. Powerful. Certainly more so than that sword or watch. The lighter is a strong contender though...

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 05:53 PM
YOU MANIAC! HOW DARE YOU MENTION HIS NAME!

....this is bad...this is very bad

Hey, at least she didn't mention CandleJa-

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-05, 05:57 PM
BR! You're meant to mention Candlejack at the start of the sentence so

Also yous guys should totally take a look at the SCP-Foundation as well for more cursed objects and evil stuff. And I'm not just saying that because that site is my own personal nightmare fuel (even more so than the Slender Man) and I never wish to visit it ever again, so I'm forcing it on you as well.

Murkus
2010-09-05, 06:06 PM
Is the Liar's Note this one? (http://www.theholders.org/?Holder_of_Lies)

Reinholdt doesn't have time to read all 500+ in such a short time. :smalltongue:

Oh if only he wasn't a Treasure Hunter. And his player wasn't semi-obsessed with cursed objects. :smallsigh:
Reinholdt Prime seems more likely to be seeker than Reinholdt Clone though. If he'd ever come up out of hiding that is. :smallannoyed:

Yes. Moff and arsonist just seem like they'd be synonymous.

What Happy said.

...Now I want to make an evil character just to make it a Holder of an Object. Thanks.

Where are the Objects from anyways?

What... Happy said. :smallcool: Also, DO EEEET.

BR! You're meant to mention Candlejack at the start of the sentence so

Also yous guys should totally take a look at the SCP-Foundation as well for more cursed objects and evil stuff. And I'm not just saying that because that site is my own personal nightmare fuel (even more so than the Slender Man) and I never wish to visit it ever again, so I'm forcing it on you as well.

Already reading em'. Also good stuff, if any of you find the Objects interesting, check out the SCP-Foundation.

Also watch The Lost Room.

iElf
2010-09-05, 06:21 PM
Also watch The Lost Room.

...is that a horror movie with Tommie wiseu?

Murkus
2010-09-05, 06:29 PM
No... it was this Sci-Fi miniseries that was actually good. It was gonna be a pilot for a whole big TV series, but... it never really took off. Disappointing.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 07:09 PM
For the record, The Moff has Synchronicity (the goddam harmonica) and The Cost (the knife). I keep meaning to have him go looking for another one... :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 07:16 PM
I figure The Moff has that obsession to get more nagging at him, but his overall resilience will protect him for most of the time he's an active PC. If he isn't killed, he'll end up disappearing to go hunt Objects when I get bored with him and it's time to cycle in some different PCs.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 07:18 PM
Obsession. Such a silly thing. :smalltongue:
>>
<<
Must. Hunt. TREASURES.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 07:18 PM
It took me about two days to find The Cost and Synchronicity... I guess I'll go look for more now. :smallcool:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-05, 07:24 PM
...Which brings up the question. If I decide to make another character (and have it be a Holder), what Objects could he reasonably have?

Also, am I the only one to notice that most of these Objects are tied to mental institutions? I mean, where's the corrupt internet files (or videos :smalleek:), the guys down by the docks, hotels, that sort of thing?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 07:35 PM
...why hasn't The Moff gone after Luck (http://theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_Luck) yet? With Synchronicity, it shouldn't be too hard to acquire...

Actually, I think the next Object he goes after will be The Beholden (http://theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_the_Beholden).

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 07:38 PM
Because in ACRO 2 effects that produce untold amounts of luck is just as good as one effect that produces untold amounts of luck?

Is Murkus DMing these objects and their retrieval?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 07:40 PM
That's... a valid point. Maybe Moff 4 can go after that one. :smallamused:

I don't believe so, not really... I mean, it's not as if they've been abused, have they? The Moff would be useless without his, and he's been driven pretty insane by using them. So I'd say as long as you keep things reasonable, it's not really nescessary to DM them.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 07:47 PM
Oh.
Eh.
It's boring to Treasure Hunt offscreen and just saying you're successful. I generally try to limit the things Reinholdt uses to things easily gotten (not worth RPing) or things he actually retrieved from someone else in ACRO. By every right Reinholdt should have access to vast stores of treasures he's pilfered over the years. Course I just claim Calublufiok took them and leave it at that. :smalltongue:

But he probably won't go after any objects in that case.

That's just me though. Probably just being lazy and avoiding the self-RP again.

Recaiden
2010-09-05, 07:49 PM
If you want a DM, you can ask for one, and I'm sure one of us would supply the rest of an object's story.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-05, 07:51 PM
Okay, I don't know what it is about me wanting to play characters with minor characters attached, but something about The Collections (http://theholders.org/?Holder_of_Collections) made me mentally pump my fist and go "that's awesome!"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 07:51 PM
Murkus has offered to DM them, I just remember being extremely tired at the time, so... :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2010-09-05, 07:59 PM
Hey Moff. >.> I responded to your little ship hunt in Outside. Thought I'd remind you since it doesn't seem like you noticed. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 08:00 PM
I think the main problem with DMing them is that there is an exact set of instructions you follow, and if you deviate at all, you get the Fate Worse than Death. Not much opportunity for roleplay really.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 08:01 PM
Hey Moff. >.> I responded to your little ship hunt in Outside. Thought I'd remind you since it doesn't seem like you noticed. :smalltongue:

Thanks. My apologies... :smallsmile:

FireFox
2010-09-05, 08:02 PM
I think the main problem with DMing them is that there is an exact set of instructions you follow, and if you deviate at all, you get the Fate Worse than Death. Not much opportunity for roleplay really.

Mind you, half the PCs here have probably seen much worse things than the vague Fates Worse than Death the stories mention. The Seekers seem to be more or less normal humans. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 08:05 PM
If those instructions were used of course. Considering the number of objects floating around now, I doubt they were. :smalltongue:
Besides, the pirate's code is more like guidelines really...
... Wait, wrong reference.

It's ok. There probably won't be any hunting. Just speculation.

^ The Fates Worse Than Death mentioned in the stories do get kinda old and repetitive after a while. Not horribly scary. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 08:05 PM
Yeah, but I think you're actually supposed to get the FWTD and then, after an eternity of suffering, die as well or have your soul nommed or get Sealed in a Can or be otherwise unavailable for further activity as a PC.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 08:06 PM
Yah, my one problem with the Holders Series is that it almost feels like self-parody after a while. Still, they're great fun in charater... :smallbiggrin:

Prince_Selm
2010-09-05, 08:08 PM
Yah, my one problem with the Holders Series is that it almost feels like self-parody after a while.
...and the parodies seem more and more real.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 08:09 PM
*ponders*

What if the people who end up in ACRO are all seekers who failed and this is their fate worse than death punishment? :smallconfused:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-05, 08:12 PM
*ponders*

What if the people who end up in ACRO are all seekers who failed and this is their fate worse than death punishment? :smallconfused:

That's...

...actually a really interesting idea. Of course, it might be a bit controversial to suggest making it the canon cosmology...but dang that is an interesting idea.

FireFox
2010-09-05, 08:12 PM
Yeah, but I think you're actually supposed to get the FWTD and then, after an eternity of suffering, die as well or have your soul nommed or get Sealed in a Can or be otherwise unavailable for further activity as a PC.

Insane Holder thing: You have failed to say the right thing at the right time in the right place! Now I will make you feel untold torment!
Reinholdt: Ohhhhh yeahhhh... This feels so good, I'd love to stay and enjoy this delicious pain, but I'd rather have your shiny treasure.
IH: Fool! I am so terrifying, like Cthulhu, I can't be properly described!
R: Have I mentioned how I have an on again, off again relationship with the end of the world?

I'm just musing, hypothetically, that certain PCs would be able to handle these things better than a sane human. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 08:13 PM
*thinks of all of the Angelicans*

If this is a fate worse than death for them, then they must all actually find sex utterly repulsive and terrifying.

@^ :biggrin:

Beans
2010-09-05, 08:14 PM
...and the parodies seem more and more real.
HOLY CRAP ON A BROOM IT'S SELMY.
Hai.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 08:16 PM
...what's so remarkable about a defecated-upon cleaning implement? :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 08:17 PM
Insane Holder thing: You have failed to say the right thing at the right time in the right place! Now I will make you feel untold torment!
Reinholdt: Ohhhhh yeahhhh... This feels so good, I'd love to stay and enjoy this delicious pain, but I'd rather have your shiny treasure.
IH: Fool! I am so terrifying, like Cthulhu, I can't be properly described!
R: Have I mentioned how I have an on again, off again relationship with the end of the world?

I'm just musing, hypothetically, that certain PCs would be able to handle these things better than a sane human. :smalltongue:

:biggrin:

Did I ever tell you I love you? Maybe I will when I can breathe again.
In a completely platonic way mind you, but I thought it warranted something less common than an everyday internet.

Prince_Selm
When you guys were doing the renaming, you should've called it "Vortex"

...Cause it keeps sucking me back in.:smallcool:

That's my entry for the cheesiest entry line of all time. :smalltongue:

Great to see you and...um...

Glad to meet the rest of you! :smallbiggrin:

Murkus
*giggles madly as Holders mythos corrupts the Nexus*

Also, if you guys think it would make things more organized or interesting, I can DM any retrievals you like. Though know that many of the Objects are no longer with their Holders, and rather being collected by Seekers, used for the gain of power, or lost to the Multiverse.

Also, Legion still has two thousand of Them, perhaps more now that he's been corrupted and seeks the Reunion.

Also, welcome ^ above poster.

Recaiden
2010-09-05, 08:21 PM

Where have you been?!

Also, welcome back, Selm.

Beans
2010-09-05, 08:22 PM

In recent news, I am a boat/airplane/thing/man and a half/crispy god of CRISP.

Prince_Selm
2010-09-05, 08:26 PM
Another friendly face!!!:smallbiggrin:

Well, personal conflicts kept me away and I just felt kinda ashamed about it, because it happened right after "I came back" before

The more time passed, the more alienated I felt, and, yeah.

Then, yesterday, I was linked to the sub-forum from another site and well...

I just couldn't stay away. :smallsmile:

EDIT: ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!!!!

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 08:28 PM
Silly... people come and go all the time, for all sorts of reasons. No one is ever going to resent sporadic absences. Just jump back in anytime! :smallsmile:

Prince_Selm
2010-09-05, 08:33 PM
True, but it was more like this:

Selm returns from couple month absence
Friends Rejoice
Personal problems prevent me from posting THE DAY AFTER
Month later
I- I just can't do it again.
Time passes
It's even worse now...
Time passes
Crap...
Time passes...

Prince_Selm
2010-09-05, 08:41 PM
I know double-posts are in bad taste, but I'm trying to direct attention away from my whining.

Where's the new location where a character can just be introduced without stepping on anyone's toes?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 08:43 PM
Taverna Generica, Trog's, or the Black Dragon's Den. :smallsmile:

Prince_Selm
2010-09-05, 08:44 PM
Thank you, Good Sir.

Now all I have to do is come up with a character...

D_Lord
2010-09-05, 08:45 PM
Maybe I should say this before hand but I have been thinking for a while for Dark Lord to destroy one of the Objects, not easily but do it. Then again if I do that I should really get orderized and put those pictures online and then Attack the Playground again. Then at last do things some more in the Nexus. So that will not happen for a while.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-05, 08:45 PM
Okay, quick question. What happens to a person when he/she/it becomes a Seeker? Reason I'm asking is because I noticed an Object that I think would be called The Comfort (http://theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_Comfort) that sounds like it would be interesting to give to Chris.

Murkus
2010-09-05, 08:47 PM
Maybe I should say this before hand but I have been thinking for a while for Dark Lord to destroy one of the Objects, not easily but do it. Then again if I do that I should really get orderized and put those pictures online and then Attack the Playground again. Then at last do things some more in the Nexus. So that will not happen for a while.

If you do try it, you should probably know that they simply can't be permanently destroyed. Beings of extreme power, or matter-shifting prowess, can transform them, mold them, or merge them with other Objects, but the primal material that they are made of can simply not be seperated.

Well... though... maybe he could destroy one. I doubt it would be permanent, with those pesky things, however.

EDIT @ Inyu: When someone becomes a Seeker, they also technically may become a Holder, and gradually enter their own realm and encounter other Seekers, bound to the Object.

They also experience great euphoria, may have people and eldritch monsters after their Objects (and lives), and constantly seek the next feeling of power from another Object.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 08:49 PM
@ Inyu: You start to get corrupted, insane, evil... obsessed with collecting the objects and bringing about the end of the world.

Seekers are probably the most dangerous forces for evil in the Holder mythos.

Murkus
2010-09-05, 08:50 PM
@ Inyu: You start to get corrupted, insane, evil... obsessed with collecting the objects and bringing about the end of the world.

Seekers are probably the most dangerous forces for evil in the Holder mythos.

Actually, not all want to end the world. They may be corrupted, but sometimes they try to keep them apart, bring them together for other (possibly perceived) reasons, or Seek only for the power the Objects grant.

Alas, real life calls. I would post in AMEN, but I must deadtime.

D_Lord
2010-09-05, 08:57 PM
_Spacing__I was thinking of him using a ubber rite magic to do it using the forces of the Far Realm and the void, crashing them together along with, the split between Good and Evil, souls of those it's killed over countless ages. Smashing the prime forces of what makes of this reality together with an Insane Elder Evil's mind forcing raw power through it's own flesh burning some away to destroy these strange things,

Or have him eat it.

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 09:03 PM
A request. When people use multiquote for more than 3 posts, can you spoiler it? I'm not objecting to the multiquote use at all - it's very helpful for being able to keep up with what's going on in any large party event. But it does make for long posts that are more quote than new stuff.

@ D_Lord: Wouldn't it be easier to just destroy the universe as your first goal, rather than as a side effect of destroying an Object?

@ Murkus: I know the Seekers all have different intentions, but on the whole, that's the goal they are forwarding.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 09:17 PM
@D_Lord: Can we not have another apocalypse for a few weeks?

D_Lord
2010-09-05, 09:21 PM

I said I wasn't going to do anything soon. Can't a person plan ahead?

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 09:23 PM
I believe the line up is:

Cynthocalypse
Ebonocalypse
Atropolypse
Cricketbatopolypse
Jackopolypse

Did I forget anyone? Should I slot you in after Jack, D_Lord?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 09:25 PM
:smallannoyed:

Can we have an alternate reality where there are no apocalypses? :smallsigh:

D_Lord
2010-09-05, 09:25 PM
Don't know, I may take over the Playground before the Cynthocalypse gets done, but I give you a secret happy. Pm incoming.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 09:26 PM
Wow. I don't even know what Atropolypse or Cricketbatopolypse are referring to.

*misses the old days where Reinholdt was (in)directly responsible for all the apocalypses and you could count them on one hand*

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 09:29 PM
The old days... I didn't like the old days. Because you guys said exactly what you thought about me, instead of heavily implying it like you do now. Ya'll know I'm only here to make your lives miserable, right? <3

Ooh, look, Chumley is self-pitying! Is it that time of week again already? :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-05, 09:34 PM
Apocalypse plots=crack.

Can we get an intervention here?

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 09:35 PM
I thought the cure for crack was more crack...

Does that mean the cure for apocalypses isn't more apocalypses?

Recaiden
2010-09-05, 09:35 PM

Cynthocalypse
Ebonocalypse
Atropolypse
Cricketbatopolypse
Jackopolypse

Please. We all know Atropalypse is never going to happen. :smallwink: :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 09:36 PM
Oh, you want me to say exactly what I think of you?

Moff started out kind of newbish and a bit annoying with the godmodding, but it didn't take him long to since become hella awesome. Why else would I be playing a clone of his main character? :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 09:36 PM

There should be a commision of Nexus characters who hold interventions for PCs that want to cause an apocalypse.

Oh, you want me to say exactly what I think of you?

Moff started out kind of newbish and a bit annoying with the godmodding, but it didn't take him long to since become hella awesome. Why else would I be playing a clone of his main character? :smallsmile:

:smallredface:

Above post was mostly in refernce to Old-School AMEN and their xenophobia... but thanks. :smallsmile:

Beans
2010-09-05, 09:38 PM
I say...

That Moff guy is a crispy thing.
Ohh man.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 09:44 PM
Oh Beansie... if I could only have a quarter of what it seems like you're smoking right now, I would be a very rich guinea pig.

Darkcomet
2010-09-05, 09:45 PM

There should be a commision of Nexus characters who hold interventions for PCs that want to cause an apocalypse.

Believe me, Moff, we tried...just ask Reinholdt. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-05, 09:46 PM
Oh Beansie... if I could only have a quarter of what it seems like you're smoking right now, I would be a very rich guinea pig.
I'm just loopy from having a cold.

Snares
2010-09-05, 09:46 PM
You've got a quite nice world ticking over here. Uh, even if half of its inhabitants do seem hell bent on destroying it. :smalltongue: Read the guides and suchlike, and this seemed like a good place to start. Putting the finishing touches on a character or two at the moment, I think they've come out quite well. They may be making an appearance in some tavern or other sometime tomorrow...

So, yes, hello and things like that!

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 09:49 PM
@DC: Can we do that out of character, though? Just for funzies?

@Snares: Welcome to Nexus! :smallbiggrin:

ApeofLight
2010-09-05, 09:49 PM
*snares Snares*

Hooray! A new victim player!

VampireRot
2010-09-05, 09:56 PM
What? I'm gone for like two days and now there's 4 pages of a new thread? :smallfrown:

Now I need to dig through some threads and find mah characters.

Recaiden
2010-09-05, 10:04 PM
Welcome, Snares. Enjoy the universe.

Snares
2010-09-05, 10:09 PM
@Snares: Welcome to Nexus! :smallbiggrin:

*snares Snares*

Hooray! A new victim player!

Welcome, Snares. Enjoy the universe.

Friendly, humorous and epic - seems a fairly good reflection of what I've seen lurking around over the past day or two. Thank you, gentlemen. :smallcool: And I'm definitely going to like it here if people are making puns already. Allow me to provide the Nexus-t one... :smalltongue: Yes, that was terrible, and I refuse to apologise.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 10:10 PM

Get outta mah house.

:smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-05, 10:11 PM
Oh, hey, it's a dude.

Hi, dude. I'm a thing.

Recaiden
2010-09-05, 10:13 PM
Oh, hey, it's a dude.

Hi, dude. I'm a thing.

Oh, hey, it's a thing.

Hi, thing. I'm nothing.

Snares
2010-09-05, 10:14 PM

Get outta mah house.

It's rude to kick someone out right after you've invited them in. :<

Oh, hey, it's a dude.

Hi, dude. I'm a thing.

Hi, thing. I'm everything ever.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 10:15 PM
It's rude to cause everyone in the thread 3d4+2 pun damage, but I'll let it slide. ONCE. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-05, 10:16 PM
Ohai, I made an avatar for Moff Four. :smallbiggrin:

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/greyhat.png

*waves hi to Snares*

Snares
2010-09-05, 10:23 PM
It's rude to cause everyone in the thread 3d4+2 pun damage, but I'll let it slide. ONCE. :smalltongue:

OK... I promise I won't do it. Often. http://images.pesfan.com/smilies/ninja.gif

Hello turtle person.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 10:25 PM

*waves hi to Snares*

Uh... the witty image I posted got taken down in the last hour. :smallannoyed:

The Bushranger
2010-09-05, 11:07 PM

Cynthocalypse
Ebonocalypse
Atropolypse
Cricketbatopolypse
Jackopolypse

You forgot the D'Awwwwwpocalypse. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 11:09 PM

*waves hi to Snares*

Hmmm...
Nope. I don't see the resemblance. Are you sure it's a Moff clone?

Murkus
2010-09-05, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I'm not seeing it Happy.

Also, the Jackopocalypse won't be happening for months and months. Once the other guys are done, I might not even get it rolling immediately.

But I do like to get the pieces set up long before the game starts.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 11:21 PM
...is there any chance The Moff can talk Jack out of apocalypsing? :smalltongue:

Murkus
2010-09-05, 11:25 PM
...is there any chance The Moff can talk Jack out of apocalypsing? :smalltongue:

Jack will play a hand, as far as I've plotted things out so far. He won't be the main cause.

Moff could try chatting up a couple eldritch horrors and monsters as old as time, but I doubt it'll do much good.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 11:27 PM
Oh, The Moff is persuasive. He'll break their goddam kneecaps! :smallfurious:

Murkus
2010-09-05, 11:29 PM

That seems to be the mentality of a large part of the Nexus.

Reinholdt
2010-09-05, 11:31 PM

The ones above or below their eyes? :smallconfused:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-05, 11:32 PM
BREAK THEIR GODDAM KNEECAPS!!

/nerdrage

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-05, 11:36 PM
The ones above or below their eyes? :smallconfused:

Both. And the ones behind their ears. There's also one somewhere near the back of the brain. Don't ask.

D_Lord
2010-09-06, 12:04 AM
Then I'm so glad that Dark Lord can regenerate and fix all those broken kneecaps. Lol Happy and I know things you don't know.

\/ Check that off my list of things to do.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-06, 12:06 AM

You'll make Elan cry.

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 12:34 AM
Just make sure you set the pieces in place for defeating the eldritch horrors and monsters as old as time. In case the extra kneecap breaking from Moff and Moff isn't enough.

Also, Moff? Your room is full of smoke and there's only burnt remains where your bed used to be. >.>

Beans
2010-09-06, 03:43 AM
No sleep tonight.
Converting m4v files to mp4 files to watch on memory card inserted into phone.

Hate waiting.

Cannot write real talkies.

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-06, 04:41 AM

*waves hi to Snares*

Your art skillz. They are truly amazing.

@ Earlier Object talk: You people and your vaguely defined objects that MUST NEVER COME TOGETHER, EVER. When's somebody going to recognize the mighty abilities of SCP-283 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-283) and seek it out in order to harness its AWESOME POWER? Also, SCP-504 (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-504) is native to Nexus. This is a FACT.
But yeah. I find the SCPs to be on a whole, better written than the Holders mythos. For one thing, it doesn't go too overboard with the FATE WORSE THAN DEATH THAT WE CANNOT TELL YOU ABOUT BECAUSE IT WILL BREAK YOUR MIIIIIIND!!111!eleventy
Also, some of them manage to be actually scary. The Holder site is fun to read, but it doesn't actually scare me. Mostly because you have to actually seek them out to suffer. Whereas merely existing in the same universe as some of the Keter-class SCPs dramatically decreases your lifespan. Plus, some of the pictures on that site... damn...
There's a reason I only linked to two of the more comedic ones... >.>

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 04:59 AM
Maybe we don't want to be that scared. >.>

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-06, 05:01 AM
Well, the two I linked are ranked 'Safe' so...
Unless of course, you're deathly afraid of a rock that falls sideways, or tomatoes that throw themselves at bad jokes. :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-06, 05:03 AM
... This stuff (not Safe, I'm talkin' Keter-class, baby) keeps me up at night. Makes it hard for me to sleOH WAIT I MIGHT AS WELL GO AHEAD ANYWAY.

iElf
2010-09-06, 05:19 AM
... This stuff (not Safe, I'm talkin' Keter-class, baby) keeps me up at night. Makes it hard for me to sleOH WAIT I MIGHT AS WELL GO AHEAD ANYWAY.

....are you still awake?.....wow...don't you have school? or are you still ill enough to stay away?

Beans
2010-09-06, 05:22 AM
Well, over here in cowboy land we has Labor Day, so meh.

I had caffiene at dinner and didn't sleep at all.

Hate hate hate.

iElf
2010-09-06, 05:29 AM
Well, over here in cowboy land we has Labor Day, so meh.

I had caffiene at dinner and didn't sleep at all.

Hate hate hate.

Labor day is 1st of may over here in the land of the bundeskanzlerin so I was kinda confused. i'm gone again now. hope you get some sleep beansy!

Beans
2010-09-06, 05:29 AM
Oh. Well, I will someday.

Morty
2010-09-06, 07:37 AM
Just make sure characters below the power level of 5/B+, depending on the scale you're using have a chance to be relevant, Murkus, if Jackocalypse does happen.

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 08:16 AM
Say, what ever happened to Ilpholin's date with KR?

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-06, 08:22 AM
KR missed it while fighting Cynthia. Yes.
That, and Ilpholin's got her daddy issues and megalomania to deal with at the moment.
Poor Ilpholin. >.>

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 08:31 AM
And other vitally important question: Who teaches Sex Ed at PACK?

Am I supposed to have posted anywhere, btw?

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 08:32 AM
The apocalypse incident and Teb's ruining of HER ENTIRE LIFE SCHEME made her kinda forget. Though now that she didn't do what I told her to do and go drag Raril and Nadas to certain spider related torture and death :smallmad: and is generally stuck up here, I think she'll resume stalking KR like a proper obsessed lover.

Also <3 SCP.
So much Treasure... @.@

Morty
2010-09-06, 08:36 AM

Angela?

Dipsnig's kind of waiting for a wolf mount.
And Ipholin stalking KR might end violently. Just sayin'. Wenomir is a simple man prefering simple solutions. >.>

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-06, 08:42 AM

Beh. Sex Ed at PACK basically boils down to: "DON'T DO IT, OR YOU WILL GET PREGNANT AND THEN DIE."
What did you expect? The headteacher's a total prude. Alcohol and Drugs are similarly dealt with.

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 08:45 AM
Angela?

Lawl! :smallbiggrin:

Dipsnig's kind of waiting for a wolf mount.

Okay. Will do that right after my nap.

And Ipholin stalking KR might end violently. Just sayin'. Wenomir is a simple man prefering simple solutions. >.>

*gets popcorn*

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 08:48 AM

Nothing can separate her from her true love. Nothing! :smallmad:

Morty
2010-09-06, 09:03 AM

Even a foot of metal through her l- nah, Wenomir isn't going to do that.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 09:42 AM
*tosses a shiny red button (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-001-j) in the middle of the Nexus*

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 09:47 AM
*tosses a shiny red button (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-001-j) in the middle of the Nexus*

*press*

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Darkcomet
2010-09-06, 09:54 AM
As far as Ilpholin goes...DC might shoot her. AMENites stalking his daughter tend to provoke that reaction from him. :smalltongue:

Murkus
2010-09-06, 10:05 AM
KR is DC's... wait... I'm so confused.

Also, SCP > Holders with the writing. I already realized this. But Holders is fun with some of the side-stories people write, and I liked it better for the Nexus.

Darkcomet
2010-09-06, 10:14 AM
Yeah. We get that reaction a lot, IC and OOC. >.> It's a long and convoluted story.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 10:16 AM
As far as Ilpholin goes...DC might shoot her. AMENites stalking his daughter tend to provoke that reaction from him. :smalltongue:

Addus Repepedum Idiom Ex.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 10:18 AM
I have no problem with convolution. Though the rather complex relationships between Magtok, Darcy/Turtle and Watchtower is making me feel left in the dark when playing Jack.

What I do understand, however, is Ipholin is in trouble.

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 11:21 AM
Clearly Becky will be stalking Ilpholin who will be stalking KR who will be stalking Wenomir...

:smalleek:

ApeofLight
2010-09-06, 11:25 AM
Oh, and let me guess, Wenomir will be stalking somebody that is stalking Becky, right? Soon they'll all just be in bushes hiding from each other.

Morty
2010-09-06, 11:41 AM
Wenomir isn't stalking anyone. It's not his style(he's more about cleaving people in half). Besides, he's not smart enough to do that.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-06, 11:42 AM
The Moff presses the button.

Morty
2010-09-06, 12:06 PM
Hm. You know, another throught just occured to me. It seems the current apocalypse must be, above all, confusing to most people involved. I mean, Shepherd and Cynthia are trying to destroy the Nexus because they hate sin. But where they came from and why they're so powerful is kinda vague.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-06, 12:09 PM
Though the rather complex relationships between Magtok, Darcy/Turtle and Watchtower is making me feel left in the dark when playing Jack.

Here, let me help.

Turtle is a alternate, younger version of Happy, with green eyes instead of brown, who had first shown up at the MagCave. Magtok assumed it was Happy and not some odd alternate thingy, and hilarity ensued. Magtok, being the sort of person he is, easily managed to befriend the do-gooder in spite (Or maybe, because) of being entirely upfront about his villainy.

After that, Mag talked her into helping out with freeing Elly from Affidavit in the old KNAVES castle, some other stuff happened, Turtle became a member of WATCHTOWER, and at least one or two apocalypses came and went.

Then Turtle eventually joined AMEN as Darcy, using her shapeshifty powers. Since they're good buddies and such and nobody thought he'd take being an AMENite seriously, become leader, or callously out a friend as a spy, Magtok was one of the few aware of who Darcy really was.

As for WATCHTOWER, Magtok likes being alive, and he needs the world to be intact to stay that way. WATCHTOWER thinks similarly, so when something like the Cynthpocalypse comes along, he tries to keep tabs and compare notes, so he doesn't have to mentally exhaust himself again or feel like he's doing all the work, like he did back in Calublufiok's last attempt.

Speaking of apocalypses, I have to get around to writing up Acropocalypse Now. It's going to be some Alternate Acro fic thingy, a sort of zombie survival horror tale set in the aftermath of some colossal disaster caused by an apocalypse that wasn't stopped in time. If part one isn't up by Friday, someone should smack me.

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 12:21 PM
Zombie survival horror? I hope the monsters aren't actually zombies, as seven-eighths of the NEXUS' PC population could probably take on a horde of zombies by themselves without breaking a sweat. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 12:22 PM
Clearly, they're robot pirate ninja zombies. Riding cyborg acidborn unicorn sharks.

ThePhantom
2010-09-06, 12:23 PM
Zombie survival horror? I hope the monsters aren't actually zombies, as seven-eighths of the NEXUS' PC population could probably take on a horde of zombies by themselves without breaking a sweat. :smalltongue:

I don't know about that, there's would be tons of zombies. Besides, if a bite means your'e going to turn into a zombie, it could be really bad. Except for the undead, they have little to fear from mere zombies.

Murkus
2010-09-06, 12:27 PM
Thanks, Magtok. That was very informative.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 12:43 PM
Clearly Becky will be stalking Ilpholin who will be stalking KR who will be stalking Wenomir...

Oh, and let me guess, Wenomir will be stalking somebody that is stalking Becky, right? Soon they'll all just be in bushes hiding from each other.

Wenomir and Mister Squiggles can have a staring contest, then go out for drinks together, loser buys.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-06, 12:51 PM
Beh. Sex Ed at PACK basically boils down to: "DON'T DO IT, OR YOU WILL GET PREGNANT AND THEN DIE."
What did you expect? The headteacher's a total prude. Alcohol and Drugs are similarly dealt with.

Nimai raises her hand, looking confused. "But my mom and dad have sex all the time, and they say it's really fun and they've only ever had me and my sister. And they're still alive," she adds.

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 12:55 PM
"What's sex?" :smallconfused:

ApeofLight
2010-09-06, 12:57 PM
" I'm a scientist not a Sex Ed teacher! *grumble* Oh, wait crap... this is eventually going to come up in Biology... I think I'll take a trip that week. "

Kaelaroth
2010-09-06, 12:57 PM
Hm. You know, another throught just occured to me. It seems the current apocalypse must be, above all, confusing to most people involved. I mean, Shepherd and Cynthia are trying to destroy the Nexus because they hate sin. But where they came from and why they're so powerful is kinda vague.

A brief summary, in case people aren't sure.

At some point in spacetime, Magtok creates a doomsday device called Kaela - a living delivery system, that, when charged, will somehow trigger the end of the multiverse. Unfortunately, rather than being a dead little device that'll just sit there 'til Maggy gets suicidal, Kaela proved to be sentient, and used its worldwarping doom powers to hop about spacetime - ending up in the far past, where it fell in love with a princess, called Zenobia, a distant ancestor of Happy, who was physically identical to her. Taking humanish form, they were to be wed.

Something went wrong, Kaela went insane, and destroyed the land in which they lived, returning to the present day to the foundation of GLoG, where he encountered various people. With some of them, he ended up time-travelling back to the past, showing the present-day folk the destruction of Zenobia's land; Zenobia's sister, an ancestral duplicate of Rabbit Vasque (Happy's sister), tried to kill Zenobia, and thus caused him to angrily destroy the land she was from. This revelation caused Kaela to want to end the world again, making himself merge to Reinholdt - turning the apocalyptic cat into the beautiful human form he'd worn in Zenobia's time. With this form, Reinholdt impregnated Rabbit Vasque.

She gave birth to a superpowerful infant called Shepherd, the bomb Kaela, the delivery system, was meant to deliver. Shepherd, causing various Biblical-style plagues, started the end the world, but was eventually killed. One of the plagues involved a rain of blood from the sky, and said blood was cloned into a new, angelic life-form, called Cynthia, by Magtok. However, the Lord was unaware that Cynthia was merely a female version of Shepherd, the evil child having bled his own self down from the heavens.

Shepherd, in Hell, orchestrated Cynthia's death, and, when he had brought his twin down there with him, turned her to her true path.

And then recent events began.

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 01:01 PM
And that, folks, is what happens when you don't give your children hugs. :smallfrown:

So please, hug your children daily, and they won't become apocalyptic monsters.

And someone neuter Reinholdt. :smallmad:

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 01:04 PM
Shepherd received love and hugs every day. :mad:

That's why it was so hard when Reinholdt had to shoot him the first time around. Seriously went back and read that Taverna and Citadel thing. Sadness. :frown:

"I think the headmaster just won this sex ed conversation."

Kaelaroth
2010-09-06, 01:06 PM
That's why it was so hard when Reinholdt had to shoot him the first time around. Seriously went back and read that Taverna and Citadel thing. Sadness.[/COLOR]

It was sad, yup.

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 01:08 PM
Shepherd received love and hugs every day. :mad:

That's why it was so hard when Reinholdt had to shoot him the first time around. Seriously went back and read that Taverna and Citadel thing. Sadness. :frown:

Found em! :smallamused:

*scalpel*

Bad kitty! Now this won't hurt a bit...

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 01:09 PM
Found em! :smallamused:

*scalpel*

Bad kitty! Now this won't hurt a bit...

*spits Acid on Rot and his scalpel*

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 01:11 PM
*spits Acid on Rot and his scalpel*

But... But that's THAT CAT's power. :smallfrown: Don't go stealin teh eldritch kitteh's stuff.

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 05:55 PM
Nimai raises her hand, looking confused. "But my mom and dad have sex all the time, and they say it's really fun and they've only ever had me and my sister. And they're still alive," she adds.

Jamie: "Oh, is that what you call it when mom and dad get all mushy and kiss-y and all? Eew. Dad's died a lot and mom died once* but I don't think that had anything to do with it, and I'm still an only child too..."

* Give or take a Far-tainting or two.

Quinn could handle giving a Reproductive Biology class if Dr. Rato is too squeamish for it. Of course, she'd probably slip and hit her head on a desk...

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-06, 06:00 PM
There's about to be a mini abyssal manifestation in the black dragon if anyone's interested :p

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 06:02 PM
There's about to be a mini abyssal manifestation in the black dragon if anyone's interested :p

You know that tavern is more likely to welcome those guys instead of kill them, right?

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-06, 06:03 PM
This Mage the Awakening Abyss. Gribbly cosmic horror. The antithesis of li ... yeah, you're right.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-06, 06:16 PM
This Mage the Awakening Abyss. Gribbly cosmic horror. The antithesis of li ... yeah, you're right.

So it's like Oblivion or the Labyrinth from Exalted. :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-06, 06:17 PM
Sometime, folks, I may have a big open plot...
One word to describe it.

SOCKTOPIA.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-06, 06:19 PM
So it's like Oblivion or the Labyrinth from Exalted. :smalltongue:

I think so - postponed for a short while however, as the two active participants need to sleep :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 06:26 PM
Sometime, folks, I may have a big open plot...
One word to describe it.

SOCKTOPIA.

I hope its not a SOCKALYPSE. :smalleek:

Beans
2010-09-06, 06:29 PM
No, I'm not hooked on apocacrack.

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 06:31 PM

Oh goodie.

So what will it be? A utopia for sock people? :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
*offers*
First one's free and innocent looking. :smallsmile:

Beans
Oh goodie.

So what will it be? A utopia of sock people? :smallconfused:

You'll see.

Prince_Selm
2010-09-06, 06:35 PM
..unless we are blindfolded by the socks.

EDIT: Wow... I show up and everybody stops.

What'd I do? :smalleek:

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 06:41 PM
I fear something far more terrifying.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/7706896/2/istockphoto_7706896-sock-puppets.jpg

Lord Magtok
2010-09-06, 06:42 PM

Five minutes between yours and the next post is not "everybody stops", it's OOC going at a reasonable pace. :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-09-06, 06:43 PM

Selmy, how's that character we discussed coming along?

Prince_Selm
2010-09-06, 06:43 PM
Eh, I guess that it just seemed faster before.
I'm rather crazy.

Also, the watermark looked like it said "Sockphoto". WIN.

EDIT: Good. I've got everything. (I think)

UncleWolf
2010-09-06, 07:20 PM
Butler indeed decides to go back to the Watchtower and get baths.
Several.
With strong acid preferably.

"Excuse me sir. I have to go get clean sir. A pleasure meeting you sir." He bows to Anatolij and turns to head his separate way.

On the way back, he buys several ant traps to put around the Watchtower, lest they decide to build spires there too.

Poor Butler. He doesn't know about Pat's secondary Hive in the Catacombs of Watchtower.:smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 07:28 PM
He'll be more than happy to kill it though! Rawr at uncleanness! Down with the bugs! :smallmad:

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 07:33 PM
He'll be more than happy to kill it though! Rawr at uncleanness! Down with the bugs! :smallmad:

Oooh! Merrak can totally help him destroy the ants! For funzies and evils! :smalltongue:

UncleWolf
2010-09-06, 07:38 PM
Heh, careful, those ants explode and spit out chemicals that are more than a little corrosive. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-09-06, 09:47 PM
[The Other Plane]

"SOLAR LIGHT OF HEALING LOVE ATTACK!"

The great combo attack is unleashed, beams of light - holy gold, living green, pure white and a calming, almost lavender shade of grey - swirling and twining around one another as they surge toward the demon leader.

:Eyetwitch:

In other news, I have to deadtime. :smallfrown:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-06, 09:54 PM
Why the eyetwitch?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-06, 09:56 PM
*takes one of Iames' Man Cards* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiDgV1RW-2s)

Reinholdt
2010-09-06, 09:58 PM
I knew Irene should have killed Shrike! Knew it! :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 10:09 PM
Hey, she had to turn to the Dark Side. They had cookies! :smalltongue:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-06, 10:24 PM
*takes one of Iames' Man Cards* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiDgV1RW-2s)

*doesn't care*

Snares
2010-09-06, 10:25 PM
Off for a while now (it's late in Britland), just popping in to inquire about the various organisations... so HALO is 'go out and fight the bad guys', GLoG is 'rehabilitate the bad guys', NO is, uh, neutral, and I'm completely lost when it comes to whatever it is WATCHTOWER do. And then AMEN is evil peoples. And that's about it, am I right?

I think Efrim has come up with a cunning plan - a plan as cunning as a fox that's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University - to keep Thierry in GLoG until he (hopefully) realises he isn't that much of a criminal mastermind. Or indeed, that he isn't a criminal mastermind at all.

Oh and also congratulating Mr. Moff on naming two of his characters after songs from one of my favourite albums of all time. :smallcool:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-06, 10:27 PM
@WATCHTOWER does: be unpleasent to people and prevent the world from ending.
@Blackadder Reference: YUSH
@TMV: I'm trying to figure out how to get more referenses from that album. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-06, 10:36 PM
HALO is supposedly "go out and fight the bad guys". I haven't noticed them doing much of it in the time since I came back. But then, I'm not an obsessive thread-reader, I could have easily missed something.

happyturtle
2010-09-06, 10:39 PM
Watchtower needs its mission statement in the OP. *pokes Kris* It doesn't care about anyone's alignment - it just exists to protect the Nexus against large scale attacks.

The Bushranger
2010-09-06, 10:39 PM
HALO's trying to do a bit more that way now. (BR's current mission and Angie's hospital-building, for instance). The one-time AMEN isolationism (when AMEN was all there otherwise was) and the fact that a few times help was offered but not taken up didn't help too much. But we're trying to do better now. :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 05:47 AM
Don't forget PEACE! It...
*looks at empty radioactive spore-covered desert*
Oh. Right. Nevermind.

Yeah, that's pretty much the organizations. There's also the more secretive Cat's Guild. Which goes out and fights the bad guys regardless of the law. And is a secret. Ish.

FireFox
2010-09-07, 05:51 AM
Regarding PACK: I'm sorry I wasn't able to get on and RP my class this weekend. I, like a complete fool, put off my homework and then had to miserably scramble to try and complete it. I only had an English class prepared for Aurea, and it will take me a bit longer to finalize my ideas for a History one. I'll try to get on and at least start it later today, but no promises.

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 06:03 AM
We could all have gone to History class and it accidentally be English class. Cause the schedules were printed wrong or something.

Murkus
2010-09-07, 10:31 AM
You know, I've been thinking about my characters, and I think I'd like to make a character that's a more my own, original concept, but still has it's roots in the Holders Mythos (which I am obviously favoring right now).

I think I'll go do that now.

Morty
2010-09-07, 10:34 AM
NO is, uh, neutral

NO is a mercenary organization doing dirty work for anyone who pays. There used to be an arbiter branch that was supposed to solve conflicts and stuff like that, but it died out of lack of... anything, really.

Murkus
2010-09-07, 10:35 AM
NO is a mercenary organization doing dirty work for anyone who pays. There used to be an arbiter branch that was supposed to solve conflicts and stuff like that, but it died out of lack of... anything, really.

NO doesn't have enough powerful people to be Arbiters in the Nexus. They'd get crushed if push came to shove. Or, probably, anyway.

Morty
2010-09-07, 10:40 AM
*nod* That's very true. I was going to say that, but I figured I complain too much about power level as it is. >.> NO indeed doesn't have enough epic magic or WMDs to actually make people care about their attempts at arbitration.

Murkus
2010-09-07, 10:54 AM
*nod* That's very true. I was going to say that, but I figured I complain too much about power level as it is. >.> NO indeed doesn't have enough epic magic or WMDs to actually make people care about their attempts at arbitration.

Well, everyone becomes epic someday. Hopefully NO will be gaining levels quickly. >.>

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 10:58 AM
Well, everyone becomes epic someday. Hopefully NO will be gaining levels quickly. >.>

Unless they die horribly and get a Game Over.

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 11:13 AM
Game over, man! Game over!

We could all have gone to History class and it accidentally be English class. Cause the schedules were printed wrong or something.

...you accidentally a history? :smalltongue:

Also, no worries, FF. This just gives Jamie more time to ponder what to do to Vincent's hair when he isn't looking. :smallamused:

Murkus
2010-09-07, 11:14 AM
Unless they die horribly and get a Game Over.

Think Vincent could spare a few Phoenix Downs for NO's storage room? Pwease? :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 11:16 AM
Vincent can't afford Phoenix Downs. They're expensive and no one seems to sell them anywhere. :smallconfused:

And he sure won't give them up to NPCs unless the strategy guide clearly indicates a massive reward for doing so. It's the same as throwing them away!

Murkus
2010-09-07, 11:26 AM
Vincent can't afford Phoenix Downs. They're expensive and no one seems to sell them anywhere. :smallconfused:

And he sure won't give them up to NPCs unless the strategy guide clearly indicates a massive reward for doing so. It's the same as throwing them away!

Ordo will give him... the power to stay awake forever! OoooOooooo!

Also, BR. Is Shrike evil now, or something?

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 11:27 AM
But... Vincent already has that power. :smallconfused:

Murkus
2010-09-07, 11:32 AM
Oh. Oh right.

He can give him... occasional bouts of a mental disorder! OoooooOoooo! Frighten random encounters away by scribbling things on walls and babbling to yourself!

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 12:35 PM
Also, BR. Is Shrike evil now, or something?
Why, yes, yes she is. And if she acknowledges her former name, Bad Things can happen, too. >_>

Basically, she changed from this (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Solar_Exalted), to this (http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Abyssal_Exalted), via Applied Phlebotinum.

Also, note that her 'A++' power level given is strictly theoretical. In practice, she's closer to a C+. :smalltongue:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-07, 12:36 PM
Okay, so, I think I have a character idea for that Seeker I was thinking about making. I also happen to have an idea for an incredibly awesome entrance for said Seeker. However, it involves driving into the battle scene and shooting up everybody in sight. So, my questions are: 1) Where can I find a sufficiently large battle to interrupt and 2) Would the people involved be okay with my interference?

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 02:12 PM
Oh. Oh right.

He can give him... occasional bouts of a mental disorder! OoooooOoooo! Frighten random encounters away by scribbling things on walls and babbling to yourself!
Like he needs to be more mental.

Okay, so, I think I have a character idea for that Seeker I was thinking about making. I also happen to have an idea for an incredibly awesome entrance for said Seeker. However, it involves driving into the battle scene and shooting up everybody in sight. So, my questions are: 1) Where can I find a sufficiently large battle to interrupt and 2) Would the people involved be okay with my interference?
Depends on if you expect to hit anything. Of if you need PCs. Cause if you need the later, don't expect the former.

I suppose you could always wait til the Ebonacolypse. I expect a fair number of zombies and henchmen to be involved, so someone driving around shooting at them a-la Zombieland, wouldn't be unexpected.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-07, 02:30 PM
Like he needs to be more mental.

Depends on if you expect to hit anything. Of if you need PCs. Cause if you need the later, don't expect the former.

I suppose you could always wait til the Ebonacolypse. I expect a fair number of zombies and henchmen to be involved, so someone driving around shooting at them a-la Zombieland, wouldn't be unexpected.

Huh, yeah that would be true, wouldn't it? Dang PCs. :smallmad: So yes, I would expect to hit something. I mean, this guy is probably going to be using a rocket launcher, a minigun, possibly a flamethrower, several grenades, and a whole bunch of other stuff. And some kind of expensive car. Can't forget the car.

When are we expecting the Ebonacolypse to happen?

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-07, 03:22 PM
It will happen soonish.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-07, 03:45 PM
Alright, Pico Kurazume (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9310692&postcount=187) (aka Nexus Pico) is now locked, loaded, and ready for awesomeness!

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 04:35 PM
It will happen soonish.

"...the moment has been prepared for."

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-07, 05:30 PM
Nice escape Becky :p

Of course jumping out a window would actually have been less painless :smallbiggrin:

Beans
2010-09-07, 05:32 PM
Whenever people type anything about an apocalypse, it becomes (for me) a test pattern.
All I see is http://serialconsign.com/images/2008/02/test-pattern.png

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 05:34 PM
Nice escape Becky :p

Of course jumping out a window would actually have been less painless :smallbiggrin:

Heeheehee. Probably. Of course, failing to torment our characters would be less fun for us -

WHUMF

- players and -

WHUMF

- whatdaheck is that?

WHUMF

*stares suspiciously at the Fourth Wall*

WHUMF

*Fourth Wall develops a large dent from the other side*
*flees*

VampireRot
2010-09-07, 05:35 PM
Whenever people type anything about an apocalypse, it becomes (for me) a test pattern.
All I see is http://serialconsign.com/images/2008/02/test-pattern.png

Someone needs to see an eyedoctor. :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 05:43 PM
Heeheehee. Probably. Of course, failing to torment our characters would be less fun for our -

WHUMF

- characters and -

WHUMF

- whatdaheck is that?

WHUMF

*stares suspiciously at the Fourth Wall*

WHUMF

*Fourth Wall develops a large dent from the other side*
*flees*

I swear if Reinholdt kills Reinholdt before the Reinholdt versus Reinholdt showdown, I'm blaming you for skimping on the fourth wall costs.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-07, 05:46 PM
...*eyetwitch*...My synapses...they've stopped firing...:smalleek:

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-07, 05:46 PM
I swear if Reinholdt kills Reinholdt before the Reinholdt versus Reinholdt showdown, I'm blaming you for skimping on the fourth wall costs.

Whoops I've gone crosseyed

Murkus
2010-09-07, 05:56 PM
Alright, Pico Kurazume (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9310692&postcount=187) (aka Nexus Pico) is now locked, loaded, and ready for awesomeness!

Looks cool bro. Very well done up. Eventually, he might be involved in the Jackapocalypse, if you'd be interested.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-07, 06:04 PM
Looks cool bro. Very well done up. Eventually, he might be involved in the Jackapocalypse, if you'd be interested.

Thank you very much! I think I might be interested in the Jackapocalypse, yes. :smallbiggrin:

Sooo, I was thinking that the first Object Pico will go for will be The Collections (http://theholders.org/?Holder_of_Collections) or whatever it would be called. Would you mind DMing the interactions when he does? I'll (or we'll) have to come up with a power for the Object though...

That is, unless I should go for something more substantial.

happyturtle
2010-09-07, 06:47 PM
Guess what? The week is up. Heading up the path to the main door is Gordon.

Better be ready Moff, here he comes.

Eep!

Jack, the shield! :smalleek:

Murkus
2010-09-07, 06:50 PM
Eep!

Jack, the shield! :smalleek:

Henchies need to warn him. It may already be too late.

happyturtle
2010-09-07, 07:10 PM
Vincent:

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/1904/09c5793.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39506482)

VampireRot
2010-09-07, 07:11 PM
Vincent:

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/1904/09c5793.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39506482)

He looks... Evil. :smalleek: Like seriously evil.

happyturtle
2010-09-07, 07:12 PM
Note: this is an unauthorized portrait unless Reinholdt says otherwise :smallbiggrin:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-07, 07:18 PM
"When AMEN attacked Lethargia, there was a man there. Ebon Mirror. Before finding that cursed dagger, I was intending to go after him. He kind of wants to destroy the world in his own way. If you didn't already know." And if you did know, why were you with him?

How does Reinholdt know the part about Ebon Mirror wanting to destroy the world? I don't remember it coming up in Lethargia, and I'm pretty sure that's the last time they've interacted.

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 08:00 PM
How does Reinholdt know the part about Ebon Mirror wanting to destroy the world? I don't remember it coming up in Lethargia, and I'm pretty sure that's the last time they've interacted.

Zamira and Shrike told him as much about, well all Abyssals really, before Reinholdt went on Haitus. It was the entire reason why Reinholdt was teaming up with Tobias to take Ebon Mirror down way back then. And is also why he got that pebble from Coralie. It just got sidetracked.

Unless I'm mis-remembering something.

Ah here we go. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8292689&postcount=224) Good old Digest. Reinholdt found out some 5 months ago. It's the reason he picked back up a sniper rifle. :smallsmile:

Vincent does look evillls.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-07, 08:07 PM
Oh, okay. Just checking, because Ebon Mirror's been playing it really close to his chest.

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 08:10 PM
Ebon Mirror did not tip anything at all. Heck for all I know Reinholdt jumped to some conclusions based on what he was told about Abyssal Exalted, because he's rather paranoid and all that. It was a rather long while ago and I won't pretend my memories perfect. Let me know if I get something wrong.

Ebon did do a spinal tap though and that was just plain mean. :smallannoyed:

Recaiden
2010-09-07, 08:10 PM
Oh, okay. Just checking, because Ebon Mirror's been playing it really close to his chest.

What? He's been talking about wanting to end the world ever since he arrived. :smallconfused:

D_Lord
2010-09-07, 08:15 PM
What? He's been talking about wanting to end the world ever since he arrived. :smallconfused:

I don't know about that, but Gorden did offer him Atropus for his help so Amen may know that Mirror doesn't have the well being of anything living planed.

happyturtle
2010-09-07, 08:17 PM
That's okay. I'll offer someone the normal moon to stop him. :smallbiggrin:

Also, slightly less evil Vincent:

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/2000/7148148.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39507591)

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 09:03 PM
Also, slightly less evil Vincent:

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/2000/7148148.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39507591)

Now you just need to add Jamie sneaking up behind him with a bottle of hair dye. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-09-07, 09:07 PM
*pokes at the OOC thread*

:O HIII!

VampireRot
2010-09-07, 09:08 PM
*pokes at the OOC thread*

:O HIII!

Ack! He found us! RELOCATE! RELOCATE! :smalleek:

Recaiden
2010-09-07, 09:08 PM
Hai, Intro!<3Welcome.

The Bushranger
2010-09-07, 09:09 PM
Heya Intro! Welcome to the OOC thread. Your sanity has been checked at the door for you. :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-09-07, 09:10 PM
Oh, that old thing? Didn't know I still had it, Bushy! :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-09-07, 09:14 PM
Vincent with his sword put away for school:
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/2018/1b4c248.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39507951)

Or there are many alternate hair styles that he could use:
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/2023/12cc643.png http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/2104/7295369.png http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/2106/8ea1912.png http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d07/2110/da0f828.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39508904)

Reinholdt
2010-09-07, 09:19 PM
Obviously he uses the last one. The rest aren't crazy enough.

And who puts their sword away for school? :smallconfused:

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-07, 09:25 PM

Maybe when he first showed up, but he pretty much clammed up after that.

Recaiden
2010-09-07, 09:31 PM
Maybe when he first showed up, but he pretty much clammed up after that.

Okay. My mistake.

On a tangentially related topic, how did Falcon become an Abyssal? I thought only mortals were given Exaltations. Or is that part of the plot?