PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Please critique this random build that I just came up with.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-04, 10:56 PM
I made this gestalt up while riding the bus back home, so it is definetly not too optimized and probably I made some mistakes

Either way here it goes

Wizard 5/Unseen Seer 10/Daggerspell mage +5//Rogue 1/Sublime Way ranger 5/Daggerspell mage 1/Sublime Way Ranger +13

The best of it, almost full BAB, GREAT skills, full wizard casting, martial manoubers, a good way to supplement my TWF style (spells and the fact that both Unseen seer and Daggerspell Mage advance SA, IL 19.

For damage I was thinking on taking Assasin's stance and shadow blade,, using a pair of +1 shadow hand bloodstone daggers charged with a nice vampiric touch.

Acuracy? swift action wraithstrike plus having effetively +3 weapons and full bab (need a way to get weapon finnesse, maybe switching the levels at which I take rogue and take weapon finnesse as a bonus feat using the martial wizard variant)

I can also priortise my abilities as Int->Dex->Con->cha*->str (no less than 10)->Will

*UMD, to get nice things like a bead of karma to fuel my Hunter's Eye spell XP

This is a half cooked build but I think it has potential, what do you think?

Eldariel
2010-09-04, 11:10 PM
Well, if you've gone that far, throw Spellwarp Sniper in; a few tasty spells to Spellwarp and with your SA, you like Rays (especially Quickened for pain + daze with a swift action). I'd definitely take Rogue 3 for Penetrating Strike tho. You still end up with 9th level maneuvers & Hide in Plain Sight.

Note that Unseen Seer may fall under the dual advancement-rule of Gestalt, but other than that, it seems fine.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-04, 11:16 PM
Well, if you've gone that far, throw Spellwarp Sniper in; a few tasty spells to Spellwarp and with your SA, you like Rays (especially Quickened for pain + daze with a swift action). I'd definitely take Rogue 3 for Penetrating Strike tho. You still end up with 9th level maneuvers & Hide in Plain Sight.

Note that Unseen Seer may fall under the dual advancement-rule of Gestalt, but other than that, it seems fine.

The idea behind this was more of a sneaky gish (hence the Daggerspell mage) so I don't particularly like the idea of rays, though having enervation or an orb might be useful.

as for rogue and penetrating strike I think I could do better with wands of golem/grave/vinestrike (I don't like loosing BAB)

As I said this is a build I came litterally on the way I didn't put much thinking on it, and I think that the rule of dual advancement class on gestlat should only apply to classes like Mysthic theurge and the like, in my RL group we have always houseruled it that way.

Thanks for the suggestions in any case.

Eldariel
2010-09-04, 11:21 PM
The idea behind this was more of a sneaky gish (hence the Daggerspell mage) so I don't particularly like the idea of rays, though having enervation or an orb might be useful.

I don't see how rays are any less sneaky than any other spell. And if you don't want noticable spells, well, Invisible Spell much? Though I guess Daggerspell Mage is kinda good too, so as you will.

as for rogue and penetrating strike I think I could do better with wands of golem/grave/vinestrike (I don't like loosing BAB)

You lose no BAB compared to your present build that way; Rogue 1/DSM 1/Ranger 19 = Rogue 3/DSM 1/Ranger 16... :smallconfused: And while Xstrike works occasionally, there's still Elementals, Oozes and people with Fortifications armor and such, so I'd get it anyways. Really, little reason not to.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-04, 11:24 PM
Maybe I misphrased the bit of sneaky gish:smallredface:, I meant more like melee sneaky gish.

And it seems I miscalulated the BAB issue, now that it is clearer it seems much more useful and I won't have to spend cash (or feats, experience and cash) to deal with SA immune critters (flanking solved through Distracting ember manouber, summoned beatsticks or party members)

Kaje
2010-09-04, 11:29 PM
2 PrCs at level 6.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-04, 11:32 PM
2 PrCs at level 6.

Can pospone Unseen seer and the following Prg class for a level, there problem solved.:smalltongue: