PDA

View Full Version : Half Construct

attilathepun
2010-09-05, 12:21 AM
I am making a new setting for 3.5 D&D based on the world of Alara (from Magic the gathering). The only Problem I'm having is finding a Template for Esper characters. All beings of Esper are infused with a magical substance called etherium. This would mean all esperites are part construct. Does anyone have a template I could use?

Chrono22
2010-09-05, 12:35 AM
Would the Lumi race in the MM3 work? Just change the energy type from positive to "magic" and you're set, I think.
This is for personal use, right? Cause if not you might have problems, considering WotC's new stance on its IP.

attilathepun
2010-09-05, 01:09 AM
Damn. I don't have MM3. Though it doesn't sound like it would work. I need something I can apply humans, Lizardfolk, and a myriad of other races. Also, yeah, its for me and my group. I suppose I should've explained them more.

Esperites believe that flesh is impure, so they replace there flesh and organs with etherium, which is held together with incredibly powerful magic (generated by the etherium itself). Theirs one creature whose lower body is actually separated from its upper body.

Chrono22
2010-09-05, 01:14 AM
Kind of like this?
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mmiii_gallery/83020.jpg
Sorry, I'm not going to divulge the info about them. Even though WotC took it out of print and did their best to take the information out of circulation, reproducing it in full here would constitute piracy.
What you are describing sounds superficially like incarnum as well.

Latronis
2010-09-05, 01:31 AM
i would consider using the dragonic grafts and instead replace body parts with with aetherium grafts slowly granted more and more construct traits and whatnot based on body part

do you intend on including the Aether Liches?

attilathepun
2010-09-05, 01:35 AM
Sort of. Their limbs are more wirey. I guess I'll have to make something custom. I'm just not 100% percent sure how to go about it. More like this. (/www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/wallpapers/Wallpaper_wher1b3b_esper_1024.jpg)

Edit: Sorry, dragonic grafts? I don't have many books. Just the core three, and a few sourcebooks. I might include the aether liches, though I don't think I will.

Aran Banks
2010-09-05, 01:39 AM
Howabout the Warforged?

You could just give characters certain warforged characteristics, like light fortification.

Latronis
2010-09-05, 01:54 AM
my bad tyop

Draconic Grafts (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060106a&page=5)

attilathepun
2010-09-05, 02:00 AM
Thanks Latronus! I appreciate it.

Soren Hero
2010-09-05, 02:15 AM
or you could use a half-golem template from the MM2, but tweak some of the abilities

devinkowalczyk
2010-09-05, 07:29 PM
Create a random table

Robotic Arm: +2 str,
Robot Leg: +2 speed

bonuses to diplomacy for tongue, hp for spine, hold breathe for lungs, spot for eyes

Zhalath
2010-09-05, 07:59 PM
Considering someone suggested grafts, you could make up your own Esper grafts. It's like making up a magic item, except it replaces a body part.

Also, Espers kind of sound like the Adeptus Mechanicus. Purge the flesh!

Aran Banks
2010-09-05, 08:12 PM
Create a random table

Robotic Arm: +2 str,
Robot Leg: +2 speed

bonuses to diplomacy for tongue, hp for spine, hold breathe for lungs, spot for eyes

Je ne comprends pas... +2' to speed?

Fizban
2010-09-05, 11:32 PM
Since artifact creatures work exactly the same as normal creatures, I wouldn't expect an etherium infused template to do anything drastic at all. Probably be a bit like Necropolitans: you do a ritual, pay some xp, and change your type from whatever it was to Construct [Living, Augmented Whatever].

If you would prefer a template of awesomeness, might I suggest this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10807)? A homebrew by our own Demented One, it changes the creature's type to living construct and buffs it up a bit, with some spiffy robot power choices. And it can be acquired through expensive ritual as well.

Latronis
2010-09-06, 06:21 AM
well not exactly the same they have all the artifact synergy going on and despite having that destroy artifact weakness they are actually slightly more resistant to removal than non artifact creatures given a lot of removal still specifies non-black, non-artifact. So the construct type is a fairly good way of representing artifact creatures

Je ne comprends pas... +2' to speed?

I woulda assumed 10' +1 = 5' ehancement?

Malbordeus
2010-09-06, 07:15 AM
make a template?

something like - Etherium Infused Lifeform - +2 Con, +2 int, -2 cha Living Construct? or make a three level class that the esper can take that gives them varying amounts of etherium.

D Knight
2010-09-06, 10:00 PM
there is Warforged grafts out there some where i do not remember the but if some does plz fill in the blank