PDA

View Full Version : A full bab divine spellcaster

monkman
2010-09-05, 11:08 AM
i am asking to see if anyone had ever made a divine caster,something like a cleric, that has full bab

Emperor Ing
2010-09-05, 11:19 AM
Gestalt Fighter/Cleric

What? Don't swing that way? Fine.

Paladin. Alternatively, Rangers, I think get divine casting.

monkman
2010-09-05, 11:22 AM
what im trying to find is a divine spellcaster with lv 0-9 spells that get full bab .

Emperor Ing
2010-09-05, 11:26 AM
Then Gestalt or get out. However Cleric, with its 3/4 BAB, is a Tier 1 class. But really this is the most I can give you. I know of no divine casting classes other than the rather laughable casting abilities of rangers and paladins that get full BAB.

Frog Dragon
2010-09-05, 11:28 AM
The only real way to get this is to DMM: Persist Divine Power.
Edit: As for homebrew on this, I doubt anyone has made one. Full casting doesn't need anymore bonuses.

Tael
2010-09-05, 12:44 PM
The Inquisitor (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/collaborators/work-area/advanced-player-s-guide-playtest/inquisitor---final-playtest-version) from PF has bard casting, full BAB and some nifty class features.

DrWeird
2010-09-05, 12:47 PM
I really liked the PF Inquisitor, but it seems they made it just to tack on their teamwork feats because they realized for the most part, that they would just get ignored. Full BAB, divine casting? Fighter/Cleric is the best we can do.

Violet Octopus
2010-09-05, 01:30 PM
Fighter 10/Divine Crusader 10?

I'm unconvinced that a full BAB 9-level spellcaster would be necessarily broken. What if the spellcaster was fixed-list? Or drew from a limited set of spells, like the Divine Crusader? Or had an unusual and limiting casting mechanic, such as a randomising divine inspiration mechanic like ToB's Crusader?

As long as the 9th-level spells (or lower) weren't the gamebreaking ones, or synergised too well with full-BAB, it could work.

Possible idea: A divine archer, total glass cannon but has full bab, a spell list with some nice but not amazing archery spells, and oracular spells. Basically the fluff concept of Zen Archery turned into a class.

Tael
2010-09-05, 01:47 PM
Possible idea: A divine archer, total glass cannon but has full bab, a spell list with some nice but not amazing archery spells, and oracular spells. Basically the fluff concept of Zen Archery turned into a class.

Sounds more like a Prestige Class to me.

Zaydos
2010-09-05, 03:43 PM
I'm unconvinced that a full BAB 9-level spellcaster would be necessarily broken. What if the spellcaster was fixed-list? Or drew from a limited set of spells, like the Divine Crusader? Or had an unusual and limiting casting mechanic, such as a randomising divine inspiration mechanic like ToB's Crusader?

As long as the 9th-level spells (or lower) weren't the gamebreaking ones, or synergised too well with full-BAB, it could work.

This pretty much sums it up. If you made one you'd have to horribly limit its spell list. If you want something quick and sloppy take MH's Healer class, remove the armor restrictions, give it full BAB and take Gate off its list.

Mando Knight
2010-09-05, 08:48 PM
No, a full BAB divine full spellcaster isn't broken. It just saves the Cleric a few feats and a shady ruling on nightsticks.:smallamused:

Aran Banks
2010-09-05, 09:06 PM
There is no WotC material as such, but you could easily take the Healer and give it full BAB without making it unbalanced.

With a little editing, you could do it to the Spirit Shaman too:

Drop the skill points by 1 or 2
Remove Wild Empathy, Chastise Spirits, Blessing of the Spirits, Follow the Guide, Warding of the Spirits, Spirit Form, Exorcism, Weaken Spirits, Favored of the Spirits, and the DR 5/cold iron bit of Spirit who Walks
Increase the BAB to Good
Decrease the spells/day by 1 across the board

That should keep them at Tier 2.

Nero24200
2010-09-06, 05:15 AM
Theres a PF cleric variant which costs the cleric his/her domains, but grants D10 hit dice and full BAB.

But yeah....I agree that clerics are Tier 1 already, and this variant asks them to give up pretty little.

Tael
2010-09-06, 08:44 AM
Theres a PF cleric variant which costs the cleric his/her domains, but grants D10 hit dice and full BAB.

But yeah....I agree that clerics are Tier 1 already, and this variant asks them to give up pretty little.

Most of the time I agree, but in high optimization, a Cloistered Cleric > Cleric > Battle Cleric (or whatever the variant is called). Because BAB is fixed by one spell, while Domains are powerful, and very limited.

playswithfire
2010-09-06, 08:45 AM
Not a class, but a convoluted build can come close.

Lawful Evil Human (with Able Learner) Monk 1/Warlock 1/Ranger 2/Crusader 1/Ur-Priest 2*/Sacred Fist 8/Crusader +1

will, at 16th level, have 14 BAB, 9th level spells at caster level 14, 5 2nd level maneuvers and a 5th level stance

The only problem is your caster level can, at best, increase at half your character level, so you can have, at best, caster level 16 if you finish off with more Warlock (17 if you drop the 2nd crusader level). Or, if you're ok with a lower caster level, finish off with more crusader. With either of those or any other full BAB classes, you'll only be 2 away from full BAB and have your ninth level spells.

With the human bonus skills points (human necessary for Able Learner), you can do it with only 8 INT.

Feats
Human: Able Learner
1: Iron Will
Flaw: Combat Reflexes
3: Spell Focus(evil)
6: Combat Casting
9: Practiced Spellcaster(Ur-priest)

*using the text trumps table reading of Ur-Priest

ericgrau
2010-09-06, 01:22 PM
No, a full BAB divine full spellcaster isn't broken. It just saves the Cleric a few feats and a shady ruling on nightsticks.:smallamused:

Which is why those are broken.

I think such a class could be made if you remove all personal buffs and remove or raise the level of buffs in general. Any spells with an attack roll would also have to be bumped to a higher level or removed. Basically since you can't attack and cast a spell in the same round (well, except for a low level quicken spell), and since you're missing out on other minor class features, it wouldn't be overpowered anymore.

Jallorn
2010-09-07, 01:13 AM
Doesn't the Favored Soul class have full BAB?

Ajadea
2010-09-07, 02:11 AM
Nope. It has Medium BAB.

Although, a full-BAB Favored Soul might actually make sense, if you swapped it into more of an Invoking class or limited the Spell List A LOT and made it into sort of an Outsider-Transformation over 20 levels, a la Dread Necromancer and Lich.

Latronis
2010-09-07, 03:25 AM
I actually did do favored soul into an outsider transformation at one point, but it kept medium BAB progression.

Many clerics have full BAB anyway so it's not like adjusting it is going to make a difference