PDA

View Full Version : [D20 Modern] & [D&D 3.5] Needed: Build Advice + Character Web Profiler.

Vin Robinson
2010-09-05, 02:23 PM
Hi. My group of friends from college has been playing D&D together for the past two years, and we've slowly over time grown substantially. Over the summers we go home, and everything ends or goes on hiatus. Since we're all back now we are going to start back up with abandon.

We now have five different DM's for our 16-some-odd player collection that are all in our close group of friends.

Our schedule for the week looks something like this:
Monday evenings:
Two different campaigns go on, I play in one of them. Both are 3.5e.
Tuesday lunchtime: GURPS-based super hero campaign. I kind of try to ignore this.
Wednesday Night: Game night. The only time when we pull everyone together. We end up playings things like Zombies/Chez Geek/Risk/Etc. This is also the night that I run random 1-shots. Zombie, Western, Nazis vs Zombies world at war style. Satisfies my idea ADD.
Thursdays: D20 Modern. I play in this one too.
All day Saturday: This is my main campaign that's lasted for over a year now. I really slowed down the leveling and focused on story, and everyone's still only level 5 after a year and everyone is happy as a clam.

So, between my One-Shots every week and my super long campaign, I personally have been tearing through a ton of paper. Something I want to try and get the group to do is switch over to using online character sheets, but I can't really find anything I like. It needs to cover 3.5, 4e, and d20 modern, be able to be edited, and be able to be made public and sent to the DM every week.

Now: Build advice!

I've always been more of a concept over power person, but for the 3.5e campaign I'm in, the whole group is full of powergamers, and I want something that can mechanically fit in with everyone else.

I kind of have my heart set on Factotum. I also want to be able to do as much as I can with skills.

It's an e6 campaign starting at level six but with no bonus feats yet. Here's what I want to include:

Iajutsu Focus + Daggers.
Knowledge Devotion + Knowledge Skills
Intimidate + Imperious Command.
And probably Handle Animal a pet Dog, or maybe Fleshraker if I'm feeling particularly munchkiny.

My DM has says he has made a Capstone feat for me that will let me grab Cunning Surge.

i really have no idea what else to do from there with this guy.

D20 Modern I definitely want to make a Doctor. It's a no magic/supernatural campaign so I think patching everyone else up is going to be important. I also kind of had my heart set on a Smart hero (Making Plans and Tricking people sounds like so much fun!) but it's probably better to go dedicated.

i also don't know if I should eventually go into Combat Medic or into Tracer when I can. Other than "Doctor" I really haven't developed this guy too much. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyway, sorry for the giant wall of text. Help on any of these would be fantastic, with an emphasis on [EDIT]: the character web sheets.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-05, 04:23 PM
For sheets...Myth-Weavers. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php)